Foster Friends

Talk

   "Why... Why would you bring a human into this world and leave them completely defenseless? Why would you have a kid, when you're not going to take care of it?"

Despite Hansol's tensions to Byungjoo at that time, he listened to his words from the island where he paid no minds to his school work. He didn't live the same life as his brother, but he understood what he was talking about, and it made him feel terrible. But his thoughts were then distracted by a post it note just beside him. It had a name on it, where he unintentionally sounded it out loud.
"Kim-tae-yang. Taeyang."
Byungjoo stood up from the couch, hurrying towards Hansol, who glanced at Xero waving his hands while shaking his head in a desperate manner. "How do you know that name?"
"Uh... I... Just read it..." He stuttered to his brother, handing him the square paper.
Byungjoo snatched it from him and turned to Xero. "How the did you find out about him?"
Xero didn't answer. Because it wasn't him that knew the name, but instead Sanggyun who stopped by during Byungjoo's visit to his mother.
"What do you know?"
The boy shrugged.
"Okay you know what?" Hansol hopped out of his chair, squeezing Byungjoo's shoulders. "You need rest. Your mind is spinning. Go lay down or something."
Byungjoo pushed him away, glaring at him. "I don't need rest Hansol. And I can't afford to rest. I don't get to take little beauty naps like you do."
"Why are you being a jerk when I'm trying to help you?!" The kid crossed his arms, then marched back to the island, furiously writing on his papers.

Byungjoo stomped out of the door and kicked himself back home. Xero walked over to Hansol and patted his back, smiling to him.
"Why are you mute?" He asked, but Xero only rolled his eyes with a kind chuckle, then pointed to his work. He sat next to him, and began to help him in which Hansol became surprised at how smart Xero was after a short while.

 

   Byungjoo slammed his door shut and began to shove every item on any surface to the ground. He pulled at his hair and paced around his apartment, refraining himself in any way possible from screaming. Sanggyun crossed himself inside of the apartment, quickly recognizing Byungjoo's tantrums. He found him in his bedroom.
"Dude. What the is-"
Byungjoo threw the nearest candle at his brother, who leaned out of the way before it could hit him. "Leave me the alone!"
Sanggyun walked over to him, tying his arms behind his back and strolled him on to the couch in the living room. Byungjoo attempted to shove him as soon as he released his grip, but was instead pushed down.
"What the hell is going on?" Sanggyun asked with a keen eye. "You haven't acted this way for years."
Byungjoo stuttered in between tearful breaths, trying to put his anger into words. "That... Xero... He... Taeyang... I..."
"Taeyang?" He questioned, crossing his arms. "Let me guess, you think Xero found out about Taeyang?"
"Then who was it!?"
"It was me!" Sanggyun snapped. "I found out about Taeyang because he came here looking for you!" He sighed, and sat down beside Byungjoo. "You're usually at Xero's so I gave him his name."
"He was looking for me?" Byungjoo looked into Sanggyun's eyes back and forth from one to the other. "What did he want?"
"He didn't say."
Byungjoo forced his head to his knees for a quick moment, then postured himself, looking into space. "Why is all of this happening? Why is everyone suddenly coming into my life, or reappearing? Xero, my mom, Hansol, and now Taeyang?" He shook his head. "Why can't things just go back to the way they were? Before I met all of them?"
Sanggyun's voice softened. "I don't know. But you need to keep in mind that things happen for a reason. It does you no good to go down this road."
"What road?"
"This road. What you're doing right now. You're turning into your old self again." He shifted himself to face him. "B-Joo, what good does it do to be broken? We may sit here pondering what happens outside of life, but if there's one thing we know, it's that we have to push through the that hits us in the face. We have to be happy, because it's the only damn thing we got." He paused, studying the other for a moment. "And you especially need to push through this cause you have a lot of people depending on you."
"Why can't I have someone to depend on then?" He mumbled.
Sanggyun laughed. "Because you're a leader. It's just how you work. You have people to depend on, but you don't need it cause you're strong. I mean come on man, look at what you've done for everyone. For me. For Xero. And now for Hansol? You know not many people would be willing to sacrifice their time for others like you do. You have a heart B-Joo, and you've worked hard to come to where you are today. Don't throw it all away over a person or two."

 

   Byungjoo knew Sanggyun was right, even though he didn't want to admit it. He laid in his bed, easing his mind and thinking of how to find Taeyang, his once foster friend. He squinted, remembering what Taeyang once told him before he ran away from foster care.

"You can find me at the dog house at the end of Kasper Avenue."