Not All Right, But

The Aftermath of Rain

[Jongup POV]

 

Were you wondering what happened next? Well. I could not date someone who stood in my debt, someone who felt like they owed me something. Dating has to be done on equal grounds. So I forgave Daehyun, then agreed to date him. Things were rocky at times. Many months passed before we went any further than kissing; we did nothing until we were both certain we were comfortable with it. But eventually, the horrible vivid memory of Daehyun being with Youngjae faded. Memories of him touching Youngjae were replaced with many more of him touching me. The memory of his suffocated moans from across the room was outdone by my name moaned right into my ear. 

Sometimes, we fought. Sometimes we both cried, sometimes days passed and all we gave each other were red-eyed glares. Twice within the first year, I almost broke up with him. Once he told me he did not think we were going to work out. It felt like the end of everything when he pressed those words out through dry sobs. If you ask me, we would have broken up several times over if it was not for the other members. They did more than just being there for us. They convinced us to not give up. Youngjae-hyung convinced us to risk a slow, painful end in favor of ending it ahead of time. 

Inexperienced as we were, how would we know if the hardships we were going through meant we were not meant for each other, or if it was merely something we needed to push through? But by the end of the day - the idea that we were or were not meant for each other was nonsense from the start. Meant by whom? I never did put any faith in destiny or some god. Life is what you make it, and if we pulled through together, well, we would be together. And so we were.

 

//Note: And so the story ends... and another begins! I posted the first chapter of my longer Daejong fic just now, I'd be happy if you checked it out. Hope you enjoyed this little thing, spontaneous as it was. 

Love, cappers