Why You

The Aftermath of Rain

[Daehyun POV]

 

 

"I just don't know what to do..."
"If you really can't decide, just take a normal GT. You always like that one."
"Not that, Himchan-hyung, I'm not here to drink."
"If you're not here to drink, you have come to the wrong place, my friend." I sighed. Himchan was quickly getting drunk and I needed to speak to him before his words lost all credibility.
"I told you, I need your advice."
"Alright," he said, slamming his recently emptied shot glass onto the counter. "Shoot while I'm listening, Daehyun." 

"Good, I will. I like Jongup." His brows rose and I found slight satisfaction in the fact that he was surprised. "Not so see-through anymore, am I?"
"No, indeed not. I didn't know you had come so far as to admit it to yourself yet." So he insisted on knowing about my actual feelings after all, did he? Well, whatever.
"You're one step behind, hyung. I've thought about it long and hard and I'm serious. It's real."
"If you say so." Peering at him, I searched for signs of sarcasm. He rolled his eyes. "I mean it Daehyun, at this point you should be experienced enough to at least tell when it's real. I trust your judgement." That made me feel more flattered than my pride was comfortable with.
"Alright. Good. So, I mean, the problem is... Well, there are many problems, like does he still like me at all or does he hate me or will he ever forgive me for you-know-what. But I can deal with those. The real problem is-"
"Will he even believe you if you tell him you like him," Himchan filled in. I nodded.
"I'm afraid he'll think I'm just saying it out of sympathy or something." 

"I never told you this, Daehyun, but after that incident, I told Jongup you didn't really like Youngjae when you started dating him."
"What?" At first it seemed like something insignificant. Then it became reason to get increasingly upset as my head added the new fact to all the situation stimulations it had already flipped through, adding new possible results to the list. I did not like what I was seeing. "Are you kidding me? Why the hell would you tell him something like that?"
"I think it's been helping you out til now, really," he said, shrugging. "He said himself it made him feel better to know you weren't seriously in love with Youngjae."
"But what about now? What about me and my privacy?"
"Honestly Daehyun, you weren't exactly deserving of privacy at the time. Didn't really seem like you wanted any either. People who treasure their privacy don't generally have in public."
"It wasn't in public!" I snapped, but found it hard to really argue the privacy point. "Things are worse than I thought, then. Thanks to you, he thinks I just used Youngjae. He thinks I'm someone who dates people I don't even like. Great. Awesome. Just what I ing needed."
"I can't say you're in a good position, no."
"As if you had nothing to do with getting me into it," I muttered, heavily considering getting a drink after all. 

"Sorry, but I really can't claim to regret it. I did whatever I could to help Jongup at that time, and that's that."
"Yes. That's... good. But please, will you help me now? I really don't know how to make him understand I am one hundred percent serious, that my feelings aren't just out of guilt or sympathy..."
"Well, there's really just one thing you can do. Talk to him. People keep looking for these wonder ways to show this and that, to avoid misunderstandings. But really, all you gotta do is talk. Honestly, calm and clear, from start to finish. It's the only thing that really works."
"That's not very inventive..."
"Simple is best and advice is what you look for when you just want to be told what you already know. You know you just gotta talk to him, but you're scared. So here you are, whining and pretending you don't know what to do." I glared at him, but he indisputably had a point.