two.

euh ver0 [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"One, two..." Kierra began as they finished as a group.

"Just 4 Girls, out!"

Kierra smiled at the crowd.

"Thank you for another lovely night here at 20 CUBE!"

"Happy lunar new year!" Serena bid one last goodbye as the four returned to the back room of the cafe to change.

Awaiting in the employees' break room were none other than Jangmi and Haeyoon. Both young women bowed deeply while apologizing.

"We're terribly sorry."

The quartet stared at one another, wondering what they should do. The younger two decided to hear them out while the other two were reluctant.

"Just say what you wanna say and get on with it." Melanie told them with Linna agreeing.

"We have to get ready for the Spring enrollment next week."

Haeyoon and Jangmi stood up right to face the four with apologetic looks.

"This Sunday..." Jangmi began, but trailed off as she turned away.

Haeyoon softly nudged her to go through with it, but Jangmi cast her friend with an unsure look. Haeyoon released a breath before speaking.

"I know what happened last Sunday was not something y'all expected, but neither did we. We didn't think Rei, Wonyoung, Hyunseo, and Jiwon would do something like that. We're sorry as we were the one that invited you."

The four looked at one another, communicating silently with Kierra speaking this time.

"Apology accepted, but we wished it was from the four that had caused it in the first place."

"We understand."

The duo bowed once more as Serena wanted this whole thing to be done and over with.

"You guys don't have to continue apologizing and bowing to us. Thank you for the consideration. Anyways, if that's all the-"

Jangmi interrupted her.

"Honestly, I was hoping that the four of you would accept another small gig for my brother's birthday."

Jangmi quickly spoke so she could get her reasoning in.

"I know you may not want to do this, but it will be a very small engagement unlike last time and we'll even get you some type of disguise, too."

Haeyoon rushed in as well.

"Honestly, we're not trying to buy you off or silence y'all or whatever, but we really wanna make up for last time and how it played out. We'll even provide food, drinks, and even pay y'all for the last gig along with this new one, too. You don't have to refund it back again."

"So, please accept our offer!"

Once again, Jangmi and Haeyoon bowed with their palms pressed together in a begging motion. The quartet found it amusing, but weren't sure why these two wanted them to perform again.

"Give us a moment." Melanie told them before she shifted them all into a huddle to discuss.

The duo raised their heads, trying to listen in on the discussion. Besides wanting to make it up to them, the pair really did feel guilty for having put the quartet into such a situation in the first place where it wasn't needed. When the quartet left Rei's party, the mood shifted, unpleasantly. The pair's boyfriends, Gunil and Jungsu, tried to lift the atmosphere with their own band, but that didn't end well as the two guitarists couldn't play a single note right. The night ended earlier and sour the relationship between the duo and Rei along with their other friends.

"Okay, here's the deal." Linna responded after the four talked it through.

"Just to settled the matter for sure, we'll do the performance. Yet if something happens again, then we won't be returning the initial deposit and both parties will not interact again, arlight?"

"Sounds good." Jangmi agreed with a smile.

"We just want it to go as planned without any incidents."

"By the way, will those girls be there, too?" Kierra inquired with a firm stare.

Haeyoon immediately shook her head.

"No, they will not. They're not friends of her brother or mine. You don't have to worry. It'll be with family and our bothers' close friends who will be attending this small get-together."

"Alright, Jungwon," Jangmi announced for her brother's attention as she stood on the makeshift stage within the hotel's dining hall.

"This is my and Haeyoon's birthday present to you!"

Haeyoon announced the quartet as the four were awaiting off to the side.

"A dance performance from The Bumblebees!"

The four casually came onto the stage while waving at the small audience. The quartet were dressed in black and yellow to match their group name. Their outfits consisted of shoes, sweat pants, hoodies, face masks, and snapbacks to overall conceal their identities. The only thing you could make out were their hands and possibly their eyes.

"Haeyoon and I hope you enjoy their performances and please keep your distance. Thanks!"

Serena, Kierra, Melanie, and Linna opted for not actually doing any singing as a dance performance would be better for everyone. Plus, this also allowed them to not talk, leaving it to the duo to do so instead.

"Music, cue!"

The four got into position as they rearranged the choreography of all the songs to fit their team of four as they have already done these songs in the past. Know Your Name was their first performance, followed by Solo, and lastly with All I Wanna Do. Luckily, there weren't any disturbances like last time and the crowd cheered them all. The quartet realized that the pair were related to Sunoo and Jungwon with their five friends being Riki, Sunghoon, Jake, Heeseung, and Jay. They also happened to be the same males that Linna had given attention to last Sunday and maybe why the other females reacted the way that they did, too.

"Please give a warm applause to The Bumblebees!"

Haeyoon and Jangmi clapped with the others cheering.

"Now, we'll have to say goo-"

Jungwon interrupted his sister.

"Wait. Can I make a request?"

The pair looked at the quartet before Melanie motioned with an arm to proceed to what the request was.

"What is the request?"

"Can I ask them to do All I Wanna do, but with me and my friends joining?"

Both Kierra and Linna who were close to Haeyoon and Jangmi moved towards the microphone to reply at the same time.

"No."

Before anyone else could respond, the quartet waved goodbyes and dashed off the stage while laughing. Riki stared after them, curious, but didn't ponder on it as he became interested in the mentioning of cake.

"Well, there's your response." Haeyoon said with a laugh as Jangmi directed the attention elsewhere.

"So, who wants cake?"

Upon hearing the cake bit, both Linna and Melanie ran back to the duo and looked up at them, eagerly, just as much as Riki.

"Could we have some cake to go, too, please?"

Serena and Kierra also returned upon remembering something while each carrying a grocery bag.

"Ah, you can give this to the birthday boy and his friends, too." Kierra informed them as Serena laughed.

"I guess you can say it's also a Valentine's Day gift, too. Hope they like chocolate. Y'all can have some, too."

"Okay, bye!" The other two ran off while leaving the other two behind to collect on the dessert.

"I'll meet you inside, Seul." Melanie informed Linna after receiving her slices of cake.

"Okay."

Linna casually watched her cousin walked off before focusing her attention onto the delicious looking cake. When she got her slices, too happy and in thought about it, Linna turned too quickly and ran into another body causing the cake to smear hers and the other person's clothing.

"I am so sorry." Linna immediately apologized as the other person calmly told her it was also his fault.

Linna's brows furrowed upon recognizing the voice and glanced up to see the same classmate from Rei's party that she had said the line to.

"Park Sunghoon?"

She didn't realized she said his name out loud.

"Ah, yes." Sunghoon confirmed with a sweet smile.

"Do I know you?"

"No."

Linna side-step around him, nervously. Sunghoon reached a hand out as if to stop her.

"Ah, wait a minute."

"No, no, no." Linna repeated as she evaded his hand and ran off while softly yelling a 'sorry'.

"Do you know her?"

Jay suddenly asked, coming up to his friend as Sunghoon chuckled sheepishly with a shake of his head.

"I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure she knows me though."

"So, when did you give Jake a confession letter, Melanie?"

Linna met up with Melanie at the library after their Thursday afternoon classes for tutoring sessions. School has been in session for a little over a week now. Seoyoung decided to open Simplistic for only Saturdays, allowing the quartet to have a job even if for one day of the week. Yet she doubled their pay because of it. Anyways, Melanie cast her cousin with a puzzled look.

"I didn't, Linna."

"That's what I've been hearing all around campus all day today."

"From who?"

The two settled at one of the tables.

"Some girls from my class. Saying that a girl named Chaewon confessed, but he didn't accept or deny it. Just returned the letter to her."

Melanie rolled her eyes.

"This school really likes to gossip."

"So, you didn't give him one and he didn't return it?" Linna probed further, feeling like she knew what her cousin's answer will be.

"I did give him one, but I didn't write it. It was another girl in my class."

"I knew it."

Linna grinned as she leaned closer to Melanie.

"Okay, Melanie, explain."

Melanie chuckled with a shake of her head, but proceeded to explain how the situation came to be.

"This girl, Kim Gaeul, from my class insisted I give her letter to Jake as she was too shy and scare to give it to him."

"Mmhmm, but why you?"

"Because I seemed closer to him or something. I don't really remember."

"Ooh la la."

Melanie eyed Linna who just smiled at her.

"Anyways, I gave the letter to Jake last Thursday, but apparently, Kim Gaeul, didn't sign her name mentioned which department she was from. So that left him to gave it back to me since I was the one that gave it to him."

Linna quietly laughed at the whole thing as Melanie just rolled her eyes.

"It's not that funny."

"It kinda is. Anyways, you returned the letter to the rightful owner and now people are thinking you like him?"

"I guess so."

"So is this Kim Gaeul person mad at you?"

"Yeah."

Linna stopped laughing.

"Why? What did you do?"

"Apparently, Jake just corrected her grammatical errors and she's blaming me."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Does that mean you read it?"

"Well, yeah. I thought it was something else as the letter was in a different envelope. Then realized it was her love letter to him a little too late."

"How little too late?"

"I basically skimmed it, thinking it was math notes or something."

"Oh, that's too funny."

Linna burst into another fit of quiet giggles as Melanie nudged her playfully.

"It's not that funny, but I'm not doing that ever again. Anyways, what about you?"

"What about me what?"

Linna eyed her weirdly.

"You and Sunghoon."

"There's nothing going on."

"Don't lie."

"Ugh. I just feel like he might learn it's me and might bug me about it."

"Well, you do have a crush on Park Sunghoon."

"I don't like him."

"Yeah, right. You're teasing me when you actually have a crush on someone."

Linna groaned before nodding.

"I may have a slight crush on him, but that doesn't explain why you avoid Jake though."

"Me either, but I think it's because it's outside of school."

Please log in to read the full chapter