wip1

euh ver0 [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Aww, don't we look gorgeous!" Haeyoon squealed at their matching dresses, but of different colors like last time.

The quartet found themselves at Haeyoon's home for her own birthday party celebration less than two weeks later. Besides wanting to celebrate with her friends, Haeyoon dragged them along as they had left unexpectedly early during Chaeyoung's birthday party. So when the cousins arrived at Haeyoon's family home, they were amazed by the size and overall realization that their friend was from old money. They realized that Jangmi was also like Haeyoon. The conversation never really came up nor did they ever thought about it while living together and knowing one another these past few years.

"I still think it's a little too much." Both Yiyeon and Chaejin commented.

Each wore an a-line off-the-shoulder asymmetrical chiffon lace cocktail dress with sequins that also came with a lace choker pendant necklace along with matching high heels and feathered sequin and lace masquerade eye masks. Yiseul in sky blue, Chaewon in lilac, Chaejin in daffodil, Yiyeon in mint green, Jangmi in coral, and the birthday girl in candy pink. The outfits were once more Haeyoon's gift to them and she wouldn't take 'no' for an answer this time either.

"True, but there's no turning back." Chaewon reminded them with a chuckle.

"I still can't believe we're here and celebrating your party together with the other elites." Yiseul said as she admired herself in the mirror.

"I know and I'm happy that y'all are, too."

Although excited, Haeyoon wanted to secure her friends' safety here and not have another incident like at Chaeyoung's event. The other reason was because her ex-friends and ex-boyfriend were also invited due to family connections and relations, and so for herself wanted to feel just as safe with them around, too. Haeyoon just hoped all went well. Other than that, the party started in less than half an hour and the group had been going over plans if it got too much for the four.

"Anyways," Jangmi directed the conversation elsewhere, "Let's have fun and y'all know what to do if you're feeling overwhelmed or bothered."

The other four nodded while breathing in and out slowly to calm their nerves. One of the good things they were happy for was the masks that partially concealed their identities. The other thing was that they didn't have to do much talking or mingling and just followed their friends' lead. Of course, the quartet was also looking forward to the delicious food that would be served.

"Wow."

The cousins were in awe of the scene before them now that it reached early evening and everything was all set up. Everyone was mingling in the grand hall, but could come and go through the side doors to the vast back terrace of the garden and pool. A few things that Haeyoon forgot to mention was that the guests wore no masks and their clothing colors were monotones of black, white, and gray. Similiar to Chaeyoung's party. The group of six stood out brightly. The friends entered the room just as the lights dimmed with Haeyoon leading the way to the front towards a small makeshift stage to be seen clearly even from the back while Jangmi was last to ensure the older two wouldn't run away.

"Breathe in. Breathe out. Just relax. Y'all got this."

Haeyoon reassured her friends before reminding them it was just like what they had rehearsed earlier today and yesterday. Haeyoon took a hand held microphone from one of of her staff members as the same employee handed out the rest to the other five.

"You got this. It's just like Chaeyoung's party." Haeyoon reminded them as Jangmi gave them one last encourage.

"We believed in you like always."

The quartet nodded while getting into their positions. The guests anticipated the show with Haeyoon and Jangmi moving to the side with a proud look. Unlike Chaeyoung's party, the quartet began their performance before being introduced. Yiseul sang first as When I Fall played with the lights growing brighter. The song came to an end with the quartet bowing and their two friends joining them shortly afterward.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen!" Haeyoon happily greeted to mark the start of her party.

"Please give a warm welcome to these four lovely ladies, Color Me Pretty, and the lovely Yang Jangmi."

Jangmi waved to indicate who she was. As for the quartet, they were re-named along with their new stage names thanks to Jangmi as to fit the theme better that matched their colorful outfits. Haeyoon began the applaud as the others followed suit before speaking again.

"It is I, Kim Haeyoon, and thank you all for coming to celebrate my birthday. I greatly appreciate each and every one of you."

Haeyoon gazed at the crowd before her and spotted her mother and father a few feet away and waved at them before speaking again. She purposely ignored her little brother as he sat with his own group of friends along with Jangmi's brother.

"If you haven't noticed yet, I'm wearing a mask to which I planned for myself and my best friends standing behind me as a masquerade party. My apologies in advance if you all feel a little uncomfortable at having no masks, but no worries as that was my intention to do so."

She smiled at the crowd before moving on.

"As for these other lovely ladies behind me, please be ever so respectful towards them and please do not ask for them to remove their masks unless they themselves are willing to do so. Same with asking questions and starting conversations unless they're the one initiating it. As for their identities, you may refer to them as Lilac, Sky Blue, Daffodil, and Mint Green."

Haeyoon gave each and every one of the people in the room a firm gaze as she introduced the quartet as the color of their dress.

"Anyways, moving on with the celebration, I'll be sharing a special dance with my parents with these lovely ladies performing once more. All of you are more than welcome to share in this special dance with your own parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, or anyone that you're truly grateful for."

Haeyoon quietly talked with the four to double confirm everything before handing her microphone to one of them as she made her way to her parents with giddy yet calm steps. The song, Loving You, started playing and Chaewon sang while Haeyoon offered a hand to her father as he accepted. It was a beautiful sight as the floor filled up with a sweet memory for all to cherish. Jangmi handed her mic to one of the four as she, too, join in on the dance. Both danced with their fathers before switching to dance with their mothers for the second part of the song. Near the ending of the song did Haeyoon and Jangmi have their parents dance together for the remainder of the song before returning to the front just as Yiseul sang the final line. Yiyeon and Chaejin returned their microphones to their friends.

"I hope everyone enjoyed the dances that I and Jangmi shared with our parents and those that joined us as well."

Haeyoon spoke with thankful smiles. Haeyoon shot them all a bright smile while speaking as the quartet were discreetly whispering to one another about what Chaejin had noticed a moment ago.

"This birthday means a lot to me this year to be able to share it with you all as well as my lovely friends. It marks another chapter of my life. So thank you all for being here to celebrate this wonderful day with me."

She glanced at the others before facing forward again, unaware of what her four friends were discussing about.

"Color Me Pretty will sing one more song and the live band will take over afterward."

She shot her friends another look while motioning with her index finger in a circle to indicate for them to move about the room again as the mood for the song could up the atmosphere like previously. They gave her the OK sign understanding what she meant, but also to confirm if Chaejin had seen right. Haeyoon faced the crowd once more.

"So, please enjoy their last performance of Chu~♡!"

The quartet moved about in different directions around the room as the song played with Yiyeon singing first followed by Chaejin. Haeyoon and Jangmi happily watched their friends have fun while glancing around the room. Both happened to make eye-contact with their ex-boyfriends, but averted gazes and hoped they would make it through the night without having to interact with them or their former friends. The pair's eyes unconsciously searched for the table with their brothers and his friends before catching eyes with the person they were looking for, Youngbin and Euijoo. Both males were already smiling at her and she shot him a half-smile before turning away. As much as she wanted to re-connect with him, both were still hesitant. The quartet return back to the pair as the song came to an end.

"Please give another round of applause for Color Me Pretty!" Haeyoon announced in a cheery tone.

Unknown to Jangmi and Haeyoon, the quartet discreetly began whispering to one another once more upon having actually seen Euijoo and Youngbin in the crowd, too. Besides that, they also wanted to rubbed it in their friends' former friends' faces, too. More importantly though, they wanted both of them to pursue what they wanted and not want their friends had wanted. Of course, the four weren't sure if Haeyoon or Jangmi had officially announced their breakups or if others were aware neither of them hung out with their longtime friends that much either. Still, that didn't matter as Haeyoon and Jangmi were done being associated with them by all means that they could do.

"I really just wanna say 'thank you' and for just being here with me tonight. To my parents, my little brother, my best friends, thank you for being a part of my life and being a lifeline for me. As well as to those that have entered and left a piece of them with me, too.

Please log in to read the full chapter