Shut Down and Restart

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm risking my MSc thesis proposal for this chapter.... What is wrong with me lately?

 

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in bold italics are the flashback

 

Author POV

 

Jaejoong burst inside the busy room. His mind was focused on one person and charged towards her.

“Why did you do that?” His voice was calm but was dripping with anger.

Reya broke gaze from the laptop she was working in and looked ahead.

“Why did you do that?” He repeated, eyes narrowing in rage.

Reya maintained her gaze on the fuming idol staring intently back at him without uttering a word.

And that only drove him angrier,

“WHY DID YOU DO THAT REYA?! WERE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!” He bellowed

“I have no obligation to answer to you” Reya calmly yet sharply replied, and shut the laptop screen down.

“Where do you think you are going?” Jaejoong took a step to his right instantly blocking Reya’s path once she stood up

“Away from you”

“Then why did you come?”

Her words made him angry. It got him wild. Words couldn't explain what he felt when he saw her dangerously hanging over one of the lights, and it took every bit of his control to not leave everything and go to her aid.

But what was she saying now?

 

She really knows how to piss him off doesn't she?

 

What Jaejoong didn't realise was that his eyes were changing colour, and that Reya was witnessing it with her own eyes. 

“Your eyes…” She was baffled at the sight opposite to her

“I’m not a regular girl my lady” The young girl softly smiled. “I’m what they call a werewolf – the unholy descendant of a wolf and human”

“What?” That was barely audible. She was too shocked by the girl’s words, “But aren’t they a legend?”

The girl continued to smile. “Now the sun has set” She looked towards the dark sky “I turn to my original form” She informed, “But when you are there by my side, I don’t”

She remained mum. The girl continued.

“Those seamen knew what I was and captured me to be sold away but you protected me. You protected me more than my family, and for that I am indebted to you my lady and I will do anything to protect you from any harm”

“Your touch, just your presence calms the beast in me my lady. I don’t know how or why my lady but you protect me from my true nature, which is why I stay by your side.”

“You” The little girl held onto her hands, “You are my protector and I,” She touched her heart, “I will protect you by any means”

“This is a promise”

Unconscious to her, her hand raised and placed over his cheek but noticed her doing immediately and pulled away.

“I’ll make sure to never repeat this mistake again” She promised and walked away, leaving Jaejoong stunned to his core, his head touching the very spot she touched, the beast in him seemingly disappearing as if it were not there in the first place.

 

 

Elizabeth was dropped at the Burke residence and Reya, after promising her that she would tell what happened for them to leave early, most importantly assuring the kind lady that she would be back, left Elizabeth at the doorstep and headed out to take a walk.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun meanwhile was sitting on his bed in his room wondering what to do. There was a specific reason as to why he came to New York and he has yet to fulfill it. He knew Reya needed someone and wanted to be there for her since she, not matter what, was there for him. After his father passed away, it was Reya who helped him with his life, coaxing him to audition and follow his dreams. He wasn’t sure how she tracked him down but she did. He knew exactly who she was - her mother was an acquaintance of his father. He knew exactly how she earned money but accepted what she gave him to survive nevertheless. She protected him from afar and now he is here to protect her by her side.

But she wants him to go.

But he doesn’t want to go.

Never has he disobeyed her.

He never wants to.

But wasn’t it high time him took care of the girl who takes care of him?

“Aish!” He grunted, “This is hard!” He ruffled his hair in frustration when the door was knocked. “Noona!” His shocked was evident, not because she was there, but witnessing the state she was in.

Reya immediately threw herself onto him, her arms wrapping around his neck. “You should grow taller” She noted. “I like tall guys”

Baekhyun kicked the door and took her in. “This is why I came..” He softly spoke, “I knew you’d be like this around this time”

She mocked a chuckle. “You remember I see…”

“How can I forget?”

Baekhyun placed her on the bed and knelt before her. “I’m here for you noona. You don’t need to go through it on your own”

His words brought a smile over her lovely features. “Thanks Baekki, you are really a good boy”

But he was a man. Too bad, she doesn’t see that in him.

“Can I borrow some of your clothes Baek? I really need a wash”

 

 

Junsu dropped the bottle in his grasp once the truth was told to them. Kim Jaejoong was targeted and the girl who supposedly would be the one to take revenge on him was the one who actually saved him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter