Nothing compares 2U

The truth untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours left.

 

In just a few hours they will be back on Seoul again. The place he had left six years ago and never looked back. The place that held something so dear in his heart. Namjoon closed his eyes again, but not sleeping, because the fluttery feeling is seething through him. As everyone says, there's no place like home.

 

Walking out of the airport, the chilly air enveloped him and he smelled it as if the air is some kind of food he's going to devour thereafter. They're waiting for the shuttle to pick them up and take them to their respective hotels.

 

It's been six years of focusing on their careers and it was in every bit worth it but he won't say he didn't have any regrets. Of course, one of those was leaving someone he dearly loved. But as days goes into months then into years he soon realized that love fades with time. Memories stays in our minds but when we don't actually feel that someone beside us, that feeling comes short. This doesn't mean he didn't truly loved him, he did, until it's not one of his priorities anymore. Does he want to see him again? Yes, they have been friends more than they are lovers. They were each other's companion, a safe haven, and he flew from that nest, and see where it led him. It is true that behind every success is a greater deal of a sacrifice and that's the only thought that consoles him. If ever fate let them meet again, he doesn't know how would he react. He wanted to brag but there's no point in that. But if that moment comes, he want to be strong enough to look him in the eyes and smile.

 

“Isn't this sort of nostalgic?”

 

“Nostalgic my . You rascal! didn't even go home on holidays for your family!” Yoongi replied with sarcasm, pointing the absurdity of Namjoon statement. “Hey, we did made up okay? We celebrated dad's birthday in Hawaii remember?”

 

Yoongi can only shake his head in reply.

 

“Well, at least we now have the break we badly needed.”


 

~~~

 

Yoongi woke up with the sound of the engine turning off and he saw Namjoon and Steve greeting each other outside of the van. Steve arrived Seoul a day earlier to meet the artists that he wanted to collaborate with. They have been working with him for a while now and he gave them best beats so he have nothing to complain.

 

Only thing is that ...the artist he wants to collaborate with rings the biggest bell, right to his heart.

 

Park Jimin.

 

He didn't forget him, not one bit. Even how busy they were with their schedules, there's always a small space in his mind left for him. He worked his thoroughly just to push them away but it just won't go. He made a mark and he let it stay. Unlike Namjoon, who cried his heart and mind out everytime he will remember Jin on their first year away, he, on the other hand kept his on his mind. Maybe that's the reason Namjoon was able to move on, and he can't.


 

And when he heard his name, his heart reacted violently. He always watched him, from afar. And he grew up to be more beautiful than he can expect him to be. His soft voice never failed to send him to sleep and dream of him.


 

He sometimes wonder if he thinks of him.

 

Maybe.

 

But back then they were never an 'us’. He made sure that it will be 'me and you’ so that he will have no reason nor attachment in him vice versa.

 

And boy was he wrong.

 

Because he clenched his jaw when he saw him and Jungkook flirting.

 

But there's nothing he can do, he doesn't own him in any way.

 

Except now that there will be a chance for them. And if he is available as he wished he would be, he will make sure that 'us’ will happen.

 

He never wanted what he couldn't have. Maybe now he will. And he will try his best.


 

“So guys we'll just meet them in the…” Steve continued to chatter. His english is good enough to understand. The only fact that matters to him is meeting them. Hell with everything later. He has to fix the words he will say, he doesn't want to be awkward in front of him, not today.


 

~~~

 

“Are you excited?” Jimin smiled, his eyes losing sight. Jungkook had been asking him the same question for the past  15 minutes that they are riding the shuttle van that is going to take them to the restaurant where they will have their lunch and talk about some things. It was unexpected that Steve's arrival was seen in the news, but no Namjoon hyung whatsoever so he asked their manager about it. He said they just agreed to help with the collaboration as producers, and also as surprise guest on Steve's upcoming concert. He was not sure of the reason why are they here in Korea after a very long time but maybe for personal reasons. This information tugged his heartstrings. It was his wishful thinking that maybe that personal part would include him. Even though he thinks that he longer have a part in Yoongi's life.

 

The van opened and they walked outside to see their manager and Steve Aoki was talking outside but with another person he never expected to see. For the longest time.

 

“Jin Hyosang?”

 

The man turned, while he was talking flamboyantly with Steve. He deduced that the two maybe friends, he had heard that the man was into production too but he never paid that much attention.

 

“Wow! Jimin, Jungkook, long time no see!” Hyosang went, hugged and pat their backs loudly. He can see the awkward stare Jungkook was giving him and he wanted to laugh. Fortunately, he kept his amusement at bay.

 

“Yes, hyung, it's been a long time.”

 

“Yes! And Jin would be so glad to see you again!” Hyosang can't hide his excitement and chuckled. He quickly translated what he said to Steve who smiled in understanding.


 

“Jin? As in Kim Seokjin hyung?” Jungkook was shocked, or perhaps Jungshook is the term his fans use. “Oh, Don't worry I told him that you were coming, he's really happy that he will see you, believe me.”

 

“How?”

 

“Oh, my dear Jin, full of secrets. Here I thought he constantly communicate with Jimin here. Anyways, he owns this restaurant, so probably you can meet later.”

 

The two stood and looked at each other. He knows what Jungkook is thinking. They were both unable to speak for a  moment and just stared dumbfounded to Hyosang who can't quite express his confusion very well.

 

“We are glad to see him too but.. I know I'm sure things will be awkward if he meets another one,” Jungkook laughed, baffled by their situation.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Namjoon hyung is coming too! He's friends with Steve and also one of collaborators!” Jimin spat fast, his voice trembled with anxiety.

 

They saw the change in Hyosang's expression. From mild confusion to utmost flabbergast. He stood like a rock for a couple of moments, his face going grim in every second. It was until Steve tap him and asked him if he was okay that he was sent back to consciousness. He quickly dialed on his phone and took the other two inside the restaurant. Jungkook gestured their manager that they will follow after them.

 

Jimin pulled Jungkook away and they walked in front of their van. Not so far away but enough so that they can converse silently. Away from the other staff with them who slowly comes one by one to enter the place.

 

“! How could this happen? Why do they have to meet this way? Are you sure they never met secretly?” Jungkook asked totally freaked out.

 

“I don't know! How could I? Last time I had contact with Jin hyung was through chat last year! He just asked if I'm okay and we both talked some but I never asked about Namjoon hyung, you know I never got the guts to ask.” Jimin replied almost biting his nails after but Jungkook stopped him. He hugged him to calm his nerves. He's literally shaking right now.

 

Jimin let go of him when he heard a car honks beside them, a black Bugatti Veyron.

 

And Jimin's heart skipped a beat.

 

~~~

 

Yoongi swerved the car to an empty parking beside a van. He didn't mind driving and Namjoon was quite a great navigator. Slowly maneuvering the car, he saw two people hugging, he honks getting the attention of the two and they separated immediately. What he saw next almost made him speed himself out of the car and throw the strongest punch. Because the two persons who was sharing a very i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter