Surprise

HyunSoo One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S eptember 17, 2019

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

Today’s the love of my life’s 25th birthday. Last night, I intentionally made her a bit angry at me. Oh, and that’s because I want to give her a surprise today. I’ll just say sorry to her later for what I did last night, hope she doesn’t get more mad at me.

 

—night before Jihyun’s birthday—

 

[KKT chat]

KS: Jihyun-ie, I watched your kiss scene with Seo Kang Joon.

JH: Oppa, was it okay? Did it turn out nice?

KS: I don’t know why I feel this way but I got so jealous. The kiss was so deep.

JH: You know that was just for work.

KS: Can you just become distant to him. You can be co-stars but don’t be close to him.

JH: I can’t believe we’re discussing it this way. Kang Joon-oppa’s been my friend for 4 years now. He’s a nice person. You can’t tell me to become distant to him. 

KS: I know, you’ve been friends for long already! That’s making me more jealous. I don’t like you being close to that man.

JH: Oppa, I think this is the first time you’re being this way and I’m not liking it. We all know the things I do are just for work. We’re always professional with this kind of stuff right? You’re the only one for me and no man could change that. Even by someone whom I’m close with for a long time.

KS: I still don’t like you being close to that Seo Kang Joon. And I hated that kiss scene you two had!

JH: I can’t believe you! You’re making me upset!

 

I didn’t reply to her anymore. Mission accomplished. It’s actually my goal to make her feel a bit upset at me and pretend that I won’t do anything special on her birthday, show that I’m nonchalant about it.

 

—present time—

I phonecalled Jihyun’s sister. 

 

“Noona, everything’s set for tonight, right?”

“Aigoo, this man! How dare you pull a prank like that to my sister yesternight and prepare for such grand event for her tonight. I’m telling you, she’s not used to this kind of stuff!”

“Yah! Noona! Don’t make me nervous. I’m still hoping this will work-out. I want to make her happy. I know I used a kinda bad and corny method, but please, support me.”

“Arasso! Mom, dad and I have been helping you right? You know we support you both!”

“Thank you so much, noona! Please tell eomoni and abeoji, that I said thanks! I’ll thank them later personally.”

“Okay. I’ll hang up now. I still have things to do. Bye Kyungsoo-yah!”

“Bye bye, thanks again.”

 

Jihyun’s POV

 

I woke up today not feeling great. I can’t believe Kyungsoo-oppa and I had that argument last night. He’s been the most considerate, mature, and coolest man I know (well, aside from my dad). And the fact that we argued the night before my birthday, and never fixed it before we dozed off, he didn’t even reply to my last message to him.

 

“Good morning my pretty daughter! Happy Birthday to you.”, mom exclaimed.

“Happy Birthday, my daughter!”, dad as well greeted me.

“Our birthday girl seems to be not in a good mood. You fought with your boyfriend?”, I glared ar her. “Knew it. Hahahaha this seems like the first time you guys fought huh?”, she added and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Yah! Stop making fun of your sister! Come and sit now Jihyun-ah. Let’s eat, I specially prepared seaweed soup like we always do on birthdays.”, mom said.

 

After having breakfast, I went straight to the drama filming site. I have an ongoing drama with Kangjoon-oppa and live filmings is entirely draining me which is why my argument with Kyungsoo-oppa last night made me upset. He’s been so supportive until that kiss scene. We even discussed about it, and we even practiced the kiss scene together. Oh yes, I practice my romantic scenes with Kangjoon-oppa with Kyungsoo-oppa when time allows, we do too with the projects he has, though he’s been not accepting any projects with romance as the genre since 100 Days My Prince.

 

“You seem upset. You’re not talking.”, my manager tried to catch my attention while we’re on our way to the filming site.

“Nah, I’m just not in the mood.”, I answered not even looking at him. I just kept on staring outside the car window the whole trip. 

 

Filming for the day wrapped-up. I checked my phone and there are lots of notifications. Everyone greeting me a happy birthday but none from that man. I can’t believe him. There’s no way he forgot it’s my birthday today right? Or he’s going to drag his issues until my special day?

 

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulders.

 

“Jihyun-ah. You’ve been mumbling while looking at your phone for quite long already. What’s the matter?”,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter