Chapter 10: Happy Triplets Day!

Take Myoui Heart

WARNING!!! LONG AND BORING CHAPTER COMIN THRU


Myoui House, Saturday 00.02

AUTHOR POV

 

It’s already midnight yet Jeongnam still awake, busy with her computer. She is currently playing games in her PC. But before that, she was working on her assignment that one of her classmates informed her. The assignment is supposed to be collected next thursday. Yes there’s still plenty of days ahead but Jeongnam just want to finish the assignment as soon as possible. Not because she’s diligent like mina and Sharon, but its because the faster she finished it, the more time she’ll get to rest and play games. Indeed.. she’s lazy but jeongnam is smart or more like practical.

Jeongnam was so into the game, clicking her mouse rapidly and expertly as she tried to win it. but then her attention stole by a sudden sound that came from her door.

 

“Hey Jeongnam.. it’s me Sharon.” Sharon didn’t knock, she just called Jeongnam like that from outside the door.

 

Jeongnam indeed heard Sharon, she didn’t wear headphone.. But  Jeongnam decided to continue her game instead and ignored her sister. Kinda guessed that her sister want to talk something annoying to her.

If Jeongnam didn’t care about Sharon at all, different thing with Ray. Ray who was at first sleeping on Jeongnam’s bed, suddenly stood up and ran towards the door after he heard sharon’s voice. He even let out trains of barks. Although it’s annoying and loud, Jeongnam just decided to ignore it.

 

“Nam-ah.. I know you’re still awake.” Said Sharon and apparently Ray got more and more noisy and that beyond Jeongnam’s patience. So Jeongnam stood up and walked towards her door.

 

“Ugh..shush.. why are you so excited.. it just sharon..” said Jeongnam to ray. Jeongnam then lifted him, and ready to deal with any annoying things that Sharon will say to her.

 

Once she opened the door, she was greeted by Sharon’s wide smile and a huge strawberry cake that decorated with candles on it.

 

“What the heck?” asked Jeongnam

With a grin and short giggled, Sharon then said, “happy birthday Jeongnam~” 

“Birthday? Aren’t you too early for that?”

“Well.. its already passed midnight so.. day is already changed.”

 

Jeongnam lips were twitching and wanted to smile because of the sweet gesture her sister did. But her pride is high and in the end she still remains acted cool by not giving any reaction.

 

“Now now.. make your wish and blow the candle.”

“psh.. you think I’m five or something?”

“Oh come on... just do it already..”

 

After a short rolling eyes, Jeongnam then did what sharon told her to do. for few seconds she closed her eyes to make her wish and after she finished, she blew all the candles. Sharon’s warm smile appeared again after that moment.

 

“I hope your wish will come true… And now, could you let down ray for a second?” Jeongnam just followed what Sharon asked and let Ray down.

“Good. Now hold this.” Said Sharon as she gave Jeongnam the whole cake and she took a lighter from her pocket.

“Uhmm.. why you light them again?” asked Jeongnam

“Its mina’s birthday too right?”

“Aaand.. you use the same candle and the same cake?”

“why not?”

“It’s cheap as hell..”

“Well.. Its not like the three of us came from different womb right?” Again, Jeongnam nearly let down her cold self because of what Sharon just said.

“What a surprise.. Never knew that you’re smart and have sense of humor.”

“Whatever.” Sharon was busy lighting up all the candles so she ignored Jeongnam’s tease. After all the candles were lighten, Sharon cuing Jeongnam to follow her and bring that cake to Mina’s room.

“Wait.”

 

Sharon who was already few step ahead, stopped and turned around towards Jeongnam. After that, jeongnam stretched her hands, gave Sharon the cake and said,

 

“Your turn.” Sharon rolled her eyes because of it, clearly annoyed. She then stomped her way back to Jeongnam

“God.. You’re such a whiner.. the cake is not that hea—“

“Not that. but blow the candles.”

“What?? why?”

 And now jeongnam the one who gave annoyed face “It’s your birthday too idiot..”

 

Sharon was completely forgot that it’s her birthday too. Probably due to excitement on celebrating Mina and Jeongnam’s birthday after years she passed it. But what made Sharon smile grew, is the fact that the cold jeongnam that always seems to hate her, is the first one who congratulate her birthday.

 

“Stop giving me that disgusting smile you have.. just blow these and let’s go to mina’s room.”

“Let me enjoy this moment please.. You never being this sweet to me.”

“Sweet my .. I’m just giving back a favor.” With a smile, Sharon closed her eyes and made her wish. Once she finished, she blew all the candles on that huge strawberry cake.

“Ew.. Your breath stinkier than Ray’s.”

“Ha ha ha very funny.”

 

After that, they light up the cake again and walked stealthily towards Mina’s room. Jeongnam with the huge cake, while Sharon holding ray for precautions so the little man won’t blew up the surprise by storming right to Mina’s room or even barking loudly.

.

.

Now both Jeongnam and Sharon already in front of Mina’s bedroom, ready to surprise mina. Since jeongnam the one who held the cake, Sharon the one who opened the door. She tried to open it as slowly as she could, not going to wake mina before they reached her side. And thank god Ray is such a well behave dog so he didn’t even let out a single bark.

When Sharon slightly opened the door, they could hear a sleepy voice from inside and that made both of them stopped a bit.. Sharon peeked a bit more to check it and apparently, its mina’s voice who’s on the phone with someone.

Since Mina was facing the opposite direction and seems distracted with the phone call, Sharon took it as an okay sign to discuss the plan with jeongnam

 

“So the plan is, once she finished with her phone call, we go in and sing happy birthday to her.” whispered Sharon

“Sing? Hell no! I won’t do that cringe thing.” Jeongnam refused the idea by half whispering half yelling. Tried her best not to be heard but also could show her disagreement.

“UGH! Just do it! for mina!” and Sharon replied in the same manner.

“No. freaking. way.”

“oh god! Can you do what I told you to just for once??”

“I will. If the idea is WORTH to do!”

 

 Just then, suddenly they could hear something quite shocking for both of them.

 

“Thank you so much for this surprise call. I love you..”

 

Sharon head snapped quickly towards jeongnam, she even nearly made jeongnam dropped the cake but due to Jeongnam’s great reflect and strong hand, both of them just ended up throwing each other their shocked face. 

 

“Did you hear that?” asked Sharon quietly and jeongnam nod her head.

“You never told me she’s dating?!” said Sharon slowly. Again, Half yelling half whispering.

“I didn’t know either!” said jeongnam in the same manner and this made Sharon rolled her eyes, annoyed by Jeongnam.

“Is there ANYTHING that you even know?? you always with Mina yet you don’t know about her crush and now you do—“

“At least I’m ALWAYS with her! Not like you who chose your ambition over your sisters.”

 “Oh can you stop blaming my job??”

“no. because that thing always ruin everything”

“Ugh what even I—“

 

“Oh hi there Ray.. how did you get in?” Hearing mina mentioned Ray’s name, made jeongnam and Sharon froze on their spot.

 

Apparently while the two been too engrossed with their arguments, they didn’t realize that Ray was slipping off from Sharon’s arms and he walked inside Mina’s room, greeted her happily.

And of course..  jeongnam scolded Sharon for that

 

“You supposed to hold him! You had one job Sharon! One freakin easy job!”

“Don’t just blame me okay! it’s because of you driving me insane and made me forgot about Ray.”

“psh bull. I didn’t even slip down this huge ca—“

 “Jeongnam? Is that you?”

 

Again, Sharon and Jeongnam froze on their spot because of Mina’s voice. Then the sound of mina woke up from her bed and walked towards their direction made them panic. The argument on whether they should sing birthday song for mina blew up again. Sharon insisted to sing it, while Jeongnam insisted not to sing it. The half yelling half whispering yes and no flew from each other until suddenly the door were slowly opened and those two automatically reacted

 

“Saengil Chukha hamnida! Saengil Chukha hamnida!”

 

A huge smile grew on Mina’s face as she saw both her sisters in front of her room, holding a huge strawberry cake and singing a song for her. meanwhile jeongnam tried so hard to hide her cringe feelings by grinning as wide as she can.

 

“Saranghaneun uri mitang! Saengil chukha hamnidaaa! Yeey!!” the gummy smile on mina’s face appeared wide and it’s a great sign that mina is touched by the surprise.

“thank you.. You guys are so sweet..” said Mina

“Whoa don’t give much credit on her. I’m the one who planned everything.” Said Sharon

“Wow thank you so much for pointing that.” said Jeongnam in really sarcastic way.

“Eum.. does the fight also part of the plan too?” asked Mina

“oh no no.. sorry.. You can make a wish and blow the candle~”

 

While still holding ray, Mina closed her eyes and make her wishes. It’s longer than jeongnam and Sharon’s, probably because Mina always want the wishes to be as sincere as possible and as detailed as possible. But different with mina’s peacefulness. Sharon and jeongnam struggled with preventing Ray from on the cake and tried to make the candle still light up.

Once mina finished with her wish, she opened her eyes and ready to blow all the candles. But she stopped and said, “Can we blow it together? It’s our birthday right?”

Sharon gave Mina a smile and a nod. “On three okay.. one.. two..three.”

“Happy birthday to us.” said Sharon after they blew all the candle

Mina then reached out to Sharon’s cheek and kissed it. “thank you Sharon.” And she went to kiss Jeongnam’s cheek too. “thank you jeongnam.”

 

“Now.. since it’s in the middle of the night, and Mina still looks sleepy too.. we need to sleep.” said Sharon.

 

Before they parted, Both Sharon and Jeongnam took turn to give goodnight kisses to Mina. after that, Jeongnam and Sharon just stood there, waiting for mina to go back to her room since they still have discussion to do. But instead of went back to her room, Mina purposed something unusual.

 

“Eum.. can you guys sleep with me, tonight?”

“You want the three of us to sleep together?”

“well I know it’ll be packed but.. it’s our birthday and it’s been a while for us to celebrate it together… so I just.. you know.. maybe it would be nice for us to spend the night together..” those two smiled upon hearing what mina just said. Oh well.. jeongnam tried to hide it tho by lowering her head.

“Okay then if you say so. I’ll be there once I clean up myself..” said Sharon

“jeongnam?”

“I’ll go after I put this in the fridge.” And now mina the one who let out a smile

“You go in first okay?”

“Okayy~ but don’t take too long.” said mina as she then went inside her room.

 

And soon after mina’s door closed, both Sharon and Jeongnam walked away from Mina’s room to continue their conversation that been cut earlier.

 

“Now how can we find her girlfriend??” asked Jeongnam

“mm.. how about we search something from her phone?”

“What? no way. we can’t do something like that. let’s just rely on some information” said Jeongnam

“Okay then.. So Sana still hasn’t give you any hints?”

That question made Jeongnam paused a bit as a sudden memory about the whole kissing thing happened.

 

“W-well.. about that.. uh.. no she hasn’t give me any..”

“What??? jeongnam it’s been weeks since I told you to ask her!”

“I know.. it just.. things happened and.. she didn’t tell me anything.”

“What thing??”

“I-it just.. it’s just something happened okay. Anyway how about you? got any new info from jihyo??”

“no…”

“And you still have guts to snap at me for not gaining any information. yah. are you with me or not??”

“I am! I am.. Its just.. kinda slipped out of my mind okay. I was bu—“

“Yea yea busy with your works I know I know. But if you still want to make sure that mysterious girl is worth enough to date our mina. then make this thing as your priority and go ask jihyo or maybe you can ask nayeon eonni too. they’re close too, remember?”

“And you, have to ask sana for some hint..”

“I- uh.. I’ll try.”

“Good. now let’s hurry finish our things and go to mina’s room before she gets suspicious.”


Next Day, 10.00 am

The triplets now already awoke and they gathered in living room. Jeongnam and Mina were playing game together while Sharon sat on the other side of sofa, drinking her tea. The way her sisters in front of her, enjoying their time together.. sends so many warmth into Sharon heart. Yes maybe she didn’t join them. but just watching them playing, its enough.

This is what sharon missed the most. Every year, her birthday was always empty. Yes she got tons of wishes and some presents too. But the nonexistence of her sisters, made her birthday feels less special. Since they were kids, they always spent birthday together and without the presence of her sisters, of course she felt empty. But now.. she’s back and her birthday become full again. like the old time..

 

“stop staring at us like that. its creepy.” Said Jeongnam who apparently had a glance of Sharon staring at them with smile on her face.

“Well can’t help it. I’ve been missing this kind of scenery for the past years.”

 

Sharon was ready for Jeongnam blaming her decision to go to US, like what jeongnam usually does.. but no. she didn’t say anything after that and just focus to beat mina in the game. Yes of course this made Sharon quite surprised.

 

“O? you’re not gonna insult me? that’s rare.”

“I could do it if I want. But its mina’s birthday. Don’t wanna ruin it.”

 

That comment brought smile to both Sharon and mina. they know what their tsundere sister actually meant and this brought so much warm feeling into their heart. With that, mina paused the game and attacked jeongnam with a tight hug. Sharon also dropped her tea cup on the table and joined mina to hug jeongnam. And now jeongnam trapped between her sisters who snuggled their face on hers

 

“Y-yah.. ew let go.. its stuffy..”

“saranghae, nami-chan” said sharon

“ugh.. I told you not to ca—”

“saranghae, Nami-chaaan~” said mina too, but with a little bit more cuteness in it.

 

She knows she couldn’t do much about this.. so in the end she just let out a sigh and let her sisters do whatever they want.

 

“whatever..”

 

So then Jeongnam just let her cheek being squeezed by her two sisters, while the little ray excitedly jumping around in front of them, like he also wanted to be included. But the hug soon ended as Mina broke it

“Ah right! I almost forgot!”

 

She then just let her hug go and ran upstairs, didn’t give any explanation and left her sisters in confusion.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” asked Sharon

“don’t know.. but.. you can let me go now.”

“what if I don’t want to hm??”

“ugh.. I only tolerate this because of mina. now let me go.”

“Aw.. no need to be that cold.. or else I won’t give you pr—oh right! I almost forgot!!”

 

Sharon then did the same like what mina previously did. At first Jeongnam was weirded out upon it.. but once she saw mina came down while trying to hide something behind her, she remembered about the birthday present that she bought for her sisters. so Jeongnam stood up and ran towards her room to grab what she bought.

Little ray? Confused as hell.

.

.

Now the triplets gathered in the living room again with presents in their hands.

 

“okay let’s start from me. here.” Said Sharon as she delivered one paper bag to Mina, and one box to Jeongnam.

“You didn’t buy me something expensive right?” asked Mina

“Don’t worry...”

 

With the model of the paper bag, Mina guessed that maybe Sharon gave her some clothes or something similar and yes she’s right. once she opened it, she saw a black casual dress with small heart patterns all over it. It fits mina’s taste and she likes it

 

“Whoa!!!” Squealed mina. she then stood up and put the dress in front of her, fitting it on her body

“How do I look??” asked Mina and of course both her sisters smiled at her and praised her

“Just like I imagine. It looks good on you!” said Sharon

“Yeah it looks good on you.”

“Yeay! Thank you Sharon for the dress! I love it so much!” said mina as she jumped to sharon and hug her.

 

“Now Jeongnam. Your turn” said Sharon. Yes, mina still clung on her.

“I uh.. I’ll open it later.”

“Eh?? why? open it now.. I wanna see your expression.” Said Sharon.

“Why?? Yah did you put a prank on me?”

“of course not! you’ll like it. I promise. Just open it.”

“yes jeongnam open it!”

*Woof woof* that’s ray, barking enthusiastically with his front paws standing at Jeongnam’s lap like he also curious about the box.

“hhh.. fine.”

 

Jeongnam looked to the box she’s holding. Quite anxious with what’s inside it. but the way her sisters looked at her with full anticipation, made jeongnam started to slowly opened the gift. And well.. she went speechless the moment she saw what she got.

 

 “Wait.. why you acted like that? did I buy the wrong one? I couldn’t really remember the name of that thing and just randomly said to the seller..”

“Sharon.. You bought me.. a switch?”

“Oh thank god it’s the right device.. Well.. you said you want that and I promised you that I’ll buy you one right? so yea. it’s for you.”

 

Sharon said that with a smile and although Jeongnam didn’t want to admit it, she’s so thankful and touched with what Sharon did but again, Jeongnam pride is bigger than anything.

 

“I-if you think this could change anything between you and me, it won’t okay.” said Jeongnam. “but.. thank you.” Sharon than rubbed jeongnam’s head and said,

“You are welcome~” it just stand for few short second since jeongnam hurriedly snapped her hand outta her head.

“now who’s next? Mine or mina’s first?” asked Jeongnam, tried to change the subject and the mood.

“Eum.. let’s go with yours first?” asked Mina

“sure.. well it’s.. nothing special.. but here.. for both of you.”

“Yeay~ I got present from jeongnam~” said Sharon.

“Just this once. Don’t make yourself too special..”

 

Sharon ignored that insult and just opened her box and she’s surprised with what she got

 

“Is this.. an aromatherapy diffuser?”

“yes. I Heard that it’s somehow could reduce stress. You can put it in your office or something.”

“Aw.. you’re so caring~~” said Sharon in teasing tone

“Well the stress you got from work made you look older than you supposed to be. It scares me.”

“Whatever~ thank you nami-chan! You are the be—“

“Yea yea whatever. No need to attack me again.” said Jeongnam as she pushed Sharon back to her seat as she about to hug her.

“Now your turn mitan.”

 

Mina then opened the box that wrapped nicely and looked really happy once she saw what she got

 

“Whoa! Lotions set?! I wanted to buy this brand so bad! thank you jeongnam!” Mina jumped at her, but jeongnam didn’t stop her like what she did with Sharon.

“Hope you like the flavor. I just took the advice from someone to buy you this.. but don’t really know whether the scent fit your taste.”

“It’s perfect..” said Mina as she tighten her hug on Jeongnam.

 

“Now.. what do you have for us, mitan?” asked Jeongnam.

“Eum.. w-well.. my present aren’t really as big as what you guys bought.. but uh.. I hope you will like it and maybe wear it too..”

 

Mina then gave Jeongnam and Sharon the same small paper bag. She fidgeting on her seat, anxious whether her sisters would like her gift or not because for her, although it’s not really that big and expensive or even useful.. its meaningful for her.

 

“Whoa.. a ring!” said Sharon

 “oh.. I got the same thing..”

“Wait.. it’s.. oh my.. Mina.. you customized this ring?” asked Sharon as she saw ‘Always & Forever Myoui’ crafted on the upper side of the ring.

“Yes I customized it.. um.. it’s too simple I know. just usual ring with tiny stone on it.. it’s our birthstone by the way.. and uh.. if you look on the inner side, you’ll see your name in it.. ” said mina shyly

 

automatically those two checked the ring and yes.. there’s written sharon’s and Jeongnam’s name on the inner side of the ring.

 

“I know it’s a little bit cringe.. but I just.. I thought it will be great if we have this kind of thing.. like m-maybe it could tighten up our bound as sisters..”

 

Both jeongnam and Sharon could see how shy mina is right now. fingers couldn’t stop playing with the tip of her t-shirt, head hung down, face slightly red and she couldn’t sit still on her place.. and well that’s the moment where these two immediately showed their gratitude

 

“Aw!! Our baby is the sweetest!” said Sharon as she engulfed mina in a tight hug.

“Thank you so much mitan..” Jeongnam could only gave mina a pat on her head since Sharon dominated mina all by herself

“You guys like it?” asked Mina

“We love it. I’ll wear this every day!”

“I’m glad that you like it..”

“Hey Jeongnam come here and join the hug.” Jeongnam rolled her eyes but seeing mina pout at her, Jeongnam gave in and joined the pile.

“I love you guys..”

“We love you too mitan..”

 

“Okay that’s enough of mushiness for today.” said Jeongnam as she broke the hug and well Sharon and mina didn’t mind at all.

 

Jeongnam started to focus on her switch as she tried to learn how to operate that device. Mina who’s curious also went towards her and watched jeongnam from up close. While Sharon, again.. just looked at them from distance with smile on her face. Yes this year birthday is way better than her previous and Sharon didn’t regret her decision to go back here..

Well.. actually it’s not really that complete.. she still miss one important thing. one person that never ever miss their birthday celebration. The one who always come to their house and spent times with them like how they spent it with their family.

 

*DING DONG*

 

Soon after the bell rang, Sharon ran towards the front door. Seeing that, Mina and Jeongnam threw gaze at each other and said in the same time

 

“Jihyo.”

 

 Just like what Jeongnam and Mina thought.. it’s indeed Jihyo. and yes.. Jihyo is the other person who never miss any of their birthday.

 

When Sharon opened the door and see jihyo, she greeted her happily but still trying not to sound overexcited. Although well.. her smiley face can’t lie..

 

“Hi there..” Greeted sharon but her focus suddenly diverted to a lunch box that Jihyo held

“Whoa what is that??” asked Sharon

“My mom made Seaweed soup for the three of you.”

“oh my.. your mother is so generous.” said Sharon as she took the lunch box from Jihyo’s grip.

“Well.. she thinks you guys as her daughter too so.. don’t mind about it..”

“Aw.. I gotta meet your mother soon then. now now come on in~”

“Wait!”

 

and that’s made Sharon froze on her spot, startled on Jihyo sudden yell.Her shocked turned into confusion one she turned around and saw jihyo diverted her face to her left side, arms spread out.

 

“C-come here..” said Jihyo shyly.

 

Sharon still confused upon it and she just slowly walked towards Jihyo with a really anxious face. and when Sharon stood in front of jihyo, jihyo quickly engulfed her into a hug.

 

“H-happy birthday..”

 

Soon after she heard that, a wide smile grew on Sharon’s face and she hugged jihyo back. drown deeper into the shorter figure as she feeling so thankful for what she said. Well.. it was just a simple words and Sharon heard it from her sisters too earlier.. She didn’t know why it feels different, but she’s soo happy upon it.

 

“Thank you…” said Sharon as she tighten her hug. “Finally I can hear it from you after all this time.”

“G-glad to finally can say it to you after these years..” said Jihyo.

 

Yes.. Jihyo stuttered. Not just stuttered, her heart also beating so hard without any particular reason. She didn’t know why she was this nervous just for wishing Sharon’s birthday and hugging Sharon is usually a normal thing. But still.. somehow her heart and brain reacted differently..

 

“Hey jihyo.” Jihyo who was still nervous can’t say anything instead, she just let out a hum

“Is it really that nervous to hug me?”

 

Sudden heat rose from jihyo’s toes straight to her head as Sharon caught her. Due to over panicking, Jihyo then pushed out from the hug and trying to get away from Sharon

 

“W-what?? h-hell no! I’m no—“

 

But both jihyo’s words and intention to get out from Sharon’s hug got cancelled as Sharon quickly tugged Jihyo back into her hug and laughed upon jihyo’s panic

 

“Hahaha! No need to get away like that.. I’m just teasing you..” The still embarrassed Jihyo dived into Sharon’s hug and slightly pinched Sharon’s waist, showing that she’s embarrassed plus irritated by her.

“Ouch.. sorry.. you’re just fun to tease.. I won’t do that again..” Jihyo didn’t say anything since she still tried to compose herself and just let herself drown into Sharon’s hug.

 

“Let’s stay like this for a moment okay..”

“W-why you suddenly clingy like this.. it’s not like we never see each other for past days..” said Jihyo of course using this kind of things to run from her nervousness.

“Just deal with it.. I didn’t get birthday hug from you 7 times now just let me redeem it.”

“Fine.. but don’t take too long okay. If your sisters came and see us, we need to deal with their teases..”

“I don’t care, let them be… You don’t know how much I want this moment to happen..”

 

It’s a lie if Jihyo’s heart didn’t skip a beat again after hearing that from Sharon, and it also a lie if Sharon didn’t feel jihyo’s sudden rapid heartbeat. Sharon won’t tease Jihyo again like earlier because well.. Jihyo will surely won’t hug her again due to embarrassment. So Sharon just stay silent, fulfilling things she always been missing since years ago during her stay in Texas.

Those two just stay like that outside the porch. Didn’t even care if people will see them or either jeongnam or mina will see them. they just felt each other’s warmth and drown into their own thoughts.

The silence, the warmth, somehow made Jihyo remembered the day where Sharon suddenly told her that she’ll moves to Texas. A sudden news that although Jihyo hates to hear, but she didn’t has any right to prevent it to happen. That time, no tears were flowing. But the way they threw each other a tight hugs and a complete silence enveloped them, both know that it was the hardest time of their life. oh well.. to be honest both of them cried in their own respective room for the whole night. But they kept it for themselves.

Those memories kinda brought anxiousness to Jihyo. because there’s no guarantee that Sharon will stay. Maybe someday her grandpa or her father sent her to other city or worse, other country to work there. that thought made Jihyo hugged Sharon tighter..

 

“Hey Sharon..” while nuzzled her head on jihyo’s head, Sharon hummed upon her call.

“You won’t leave seoul again, right?”

“i don’t know.. depends.. maybe in few weeks or month I have business tr—“

“No. not that kind of leave.. like.. you know.. 7 years ago..” A small smile craved on Sharon’s face.

“Don’t worry jihyo. I told you before right? I’m staying here for good now..” Secretly, jihyo let out a smile under sharon’s hug. that words just blew all the worries inside Jihyo’s head.

“You too okay.. don’t leave me.” said Sharon

“I’m not going anywhere.”


Few hours after that

It was started with only the triplets, then Jihyo came with warm food and those become their breakfast. It was a calm day.. a really peaceful day as weekend should be. The four of them had a movie time together in the living room and things were pretty normal. But not until the wave of chaotic came in few hours after that.. around lunch time.

Firstly, the arrival of jeongnam bandmates. They came with cake and sang birthday song to the triplets in a really festive and ruckus way. Jeongnam was so embarrassed with what her friends did, mina was laughing when it happened, and sharon? she’s totally dumbfounded.

And right after that, those girls occupied the living room, started some game tournament.. of course.. it impossible for them to play it calmly.

Later after that, Sana, Momo and Nayeon came. Another ruckus happened again as jeongnam tried to avoid Sana and Momo’s overly affectionate celebration. Plus, nayeon bought lunch for them and of course it grabbed everyone attention..

So here they are now.. sitting in the middle of the living room, surrounding chicken, pizza, cakes, and few Chinese food that Sharon ordered since she thought the foods aren’t enough for them. and thank god Sharon decided to do that because certainly there were too many foodies in the house.

 

The lunch were.. lively. It filled with conversations that flew smoothly, laughter between it, or maybe some shocked gasped when there’s shocking things been told.. it was great. but in the middle of those lively vibe, there’s two girls on a mission. A secret mission.

Yes.. of course it’s the two older myoui.. Sharon and Jeongnam who secretly eyeing every single move mina made during that birthday feast. They were so sure that one of the girl that came here today, is Mina’s girlfriend and they were so damn eager to find that out.  their eyes been wandering around, here and there, from one girl to another, trying to make sure they got a small hint that both mina and her girl tried to hide.

Mina sat between Momo, and Nayeon. those two were doing different things but surely, none of them interacting directly to mina. Nayeon been talking a lot. She’s might not be that close with the sixteen members.. but thanks to her talkative traits, she went just fine. For momo, that girl didn’t even lift her head up from the plate.. didn’t even care to join the conversation, too focused with her food. Mina? the girl been eating while listening to the conversation, just mina being mina.

 

Until suddenly, mina did something that caught Sharon’s attention. Mina who was once just listening to the conversation, out of nowhere fed momo some food that the latter gladly devoured it. What made Sharon started to get suspicious, is how they sometimes threw giggled and smile if momo found the food delicious. The tension around them.. is sooo weird for Sharon. so weird. Especially when Mina found a tint of stain on momo’s chin. After she wiped the stain, momo gave her a wide grin and right after that.. mina shyly shy at her.

Sharon immediately gave sign to Jeongnam who sat across her. guided Jeongnam with her glance to mina and momo’s direction. Jeongnam also saw when Mina cleaned momo’s chin. but different with Sharon, she didn’t see anything wrong from it. so after Sharon gave her that sign, Jeongnam just frown in confusion and secretly shook her head.

Of course Sharon didn’t trust Jeongnam’s judgment. Those tension that mina and momo gave.. the fluffy, lovey dovey kind of tension that floated around them. for her, it’s weird if a friend having that kind of vibe between each other. The weird nervous and shyness that mina showed was beyond suspicious because no matter how shy you are, if your friend—best friend, do such thing to you of course you won’t be shy.. unless.. there’s another feeling involved there. 

 

So. To prove her theory, that there’s another feelings involved between mina and momo, sharon decided to do the same thing to the girl beside her, Jihyo—Her best friend, that she believes won’t have any feeling or what so ever towards her. 

 

“Jihyo-ya.” Jihyo hummed and turned her head towards Sharon

 

But her calm face turned stiff and panic the moment Sharon grassed her thumb on the tip of Jihyo’s lips.

 

“You got something in there.” said Sharon. Though it actually nothing in there. she did it just to prove her theory.

“A-ah.. r-really? thanks...”

 

Sharon quite surprised with the way Jihyo acted. she stuttered, and she looked nervous. It’s weird to see Jihyo acted like that so, the blunt Sharon just asked whatever came across her mind.

 

“Hey jihyo.”

“W-what?” asked jihyo while she subtlely tried to clean her face, afraid there’s still any stain left.

“Do you have any feelings for me?”

“What?? o-of course not.. where are you even got that idea from gee..” Jihyo still looked nervous as she sipped her water and diverted her eyes from Sharon. again, weird.

“Really? But  you looked nervous when I cleaned that stain out of your face and even now you acted weirdly.. sure you don’t have feeling for me?”

“God.. no. you’re wrong. 100 percent wrong.”

“Then what’s with the stuttering?”

“Well.. it just caught me of guard..I mean, you suddenly rubbed it off like that. of course I’d be surprised. Everyone will be surprised.. right? imagine if someone out of nowhere touched your chin while their face stood so close with you. ain’t you got nervous too?”

“Umm.. maybe? but fair enough I understand now.. sorry that I startled you.”

 

Sharon than decided to drop her suspicion on Momo all because of Jihyo reacted the same way as both of them and Sharon concluded that everyone could feel nervous if someone helped clean up a stain of food in your chin so abruptly like that.

And yes, thanks to Jihyo and also Sharon’s denseness, Momo was saved that day.


MINA POV

Once the festive lunch finished, things went a little bit calmer. Maybe because of their stomach was full due to enormous amount of food we were having earlier. The last time I checked, they were spreading around the living room, and ready to watch some movie.

On the other hand, I’m currently here, alone in the kitchen, cleaning few utensils that we used earlier. Well they said that we can clean these dirty dishes later, since they’re too full to do that.. But I prefer to do it as early as possible before those dishes become way dirtier. So, here I am.. cleaning all these dirty utensils with pink gloves wrapped on my hands, slowly cleaned everything through fully. 

But although I’m alone here.. I’m happy. I still can hear the movie being played from here and also vogue chitchat noise from the living room… it’s great. I’m happy whenever I spent time with them.. although it could get very noisy..

Well you see.. this kind of festive is normal for me.. and jeongnam. every year they always come and celebrate our birthday together. You can say that our birthday is also the time where jeongnam’s and my circle of friend could meet. Sometime full team, sometime not. But what make this year more special is not because it’s full team. But also because Sharon is here now..

Usually we celebrate through phone call and due to different time zone, when we celebrate ours, the day hasn’t changed in sharon’s place.or sometimes we only celebrate it via text since Sharon is quite busy there..  But today.. everyone here, sharon here

Another reason why this birthday is better than the ious, is because of one big change.. or should I say progress? I’m talking about Momo.. Last year, and few years ago, I was still secretly admiring Momo. tried my best to hide the fact that I was friendzoned by her. But not this year.. earlier at midnight, Momo purposely called me just to sing me a happy birthday song.. yes I’m no longer in one sided love with her or even being friend zoned anymore.. we are mu—

 

“Boo!”

“Kyaa!” I got startled by that and few soap were splashing around. Of course the culprit was happy seeing that reaction..

“Hhahaha~”

“Oh god.. momorin.. don’t do that..” I said, soon after I recognized that laugh and turned around to see the culprit.

“Hehe.. sorry.. can’t help it~” I only let out a smile right after she showed her goofy grin and then went back to clean all the dishes..

“need extra hands there?” asked Momo

“Thank you, but it’s okay.. I almost finished anyway..” said Mina

 

But then momo slid in beside me and grabbed one of the utensil that haven’t been soaped. “I reject your rejection~” said Momo as she started rubbing the utensil with soaped sponge. And her antics just made me smiled.

 

So.. here we are.. standing side by side, nearly no distance between us, cleaning all the remaining dishes. Momo the one who cleaned it with soap, and I’m the one who rinse it. it’s not really a great moment but call me a sappy girl.. but I always love every single moment I spent with momo.

 

“You gave the rings to your sisters yet?”

“Oh yes.. I already gave them and they are very very happy about it.”

“See! I told you they would like it!”

“Thank you for convincing me.. I really thought they would hate it because how sappy it is… especially jeongnam.”

“I told you million times Mitan… It’s not sappy… it’s sweet.” Said momo with a smile and yes.. that exact word and that exact smile were the main reason why I finally ensured to make a customized ring for my sisters.

 

The idea was originally mine.. I asked momo opinion about it and she said it was a great idea. Not pretty much convinced at first.. since the three of us never really use a matching items.. yes we might be triplets.. but since we were kids, we dislike being resembled. Mom tried to give us matching clothes but we always decline to use it.. We always tried to wear something different so people won’t mistook us. that habit grew until know, as you can see neither me, Sharon, nor even jeongnam has similar hair color or even style in general.. that’s why I was a little bit warry about this idea. But momo convinced me and she even helped me chose the ring..

 

“Speaking of present..” Momo paused for few second while she cleaned her hands from soap, and after that, she stood facing me.. like she wanted to say something.

“I uh… I got something for you.” and with that, I turned off the faucet and faced her.

“For me?”

“Mhm.. here..”

 

She let out a small box from her hoodie pocket and then gave it to me. oh my.. did she bought me a jewelry?

“M-momorin.. is this…”

“Y-you don’t have to worry about the price or anything.. I just hope you like it.”

“But I feel bad if you bought me something expensive..”

“Why don’t you open it first? I Promise you, it’ll worth the price..” said Momo with a smile. She still looked nervous, like maybe she afraid I won’t like what she gave me..

 

I opened the small box like what she told me to and if earlier I already felt bad enough, knowing her bought me an expensive thing.. now I felt waaay worse than that… Momo bought me a neckless. It’s a silver neckless with letter ‘M’ as it pendent. But the thing is.. the store where this neckless belonged to, was written underneath the top lid and that’s the same store I bought rings for my sisters. and that store isn’t really cheap… and seeing few tiny diamonds attached on the pendent.. god this must be expensive..

 

“You bought this from the same store I bought ring for my sisters?”

“H-how do you know??” I just showed her the lid and her face stiffen a bit, like she got caught.

“W-Well.. yes. I bought from there.. Y-you… don’t like it?” asked momo.

“I love it momorin. I do.. this is so beautiful..” I said while my eyes still locked at the neckless.

“Buuuut…?”

“You don’t have to buy me something this expensive.”

“Ei.. I told you not to worry about the price.. I found that neckless pretty and probably will be good on you..”

“But… I feel bad..”

“Don’t be! come on mina. you’re the one who always paid for our lunch.. you bought me tons of snacks.. that neckless cost lesser than all of those combined..” she said.

“Besides…” she went closer and grabbed the pendant and said,

“There’s a M pendent. M for Myoui, M for Mina, M for Momo.. and.. M for Momo’s baby.” With that, I slightly slapped her chest due to her teaseful remarks at the end. But it brought smile on both of us.. so yea.. she wins..

“Thank you Momorin.. I’ll treasure this.”

“Hihihi~ well here, lemme help you wea—“ I stepped back a bit when momo did that

“I uh.. I think I’ll wear it later.”

“Waeyoo???” protested her.

“Jeongam and sharon might caught us if I wear it now..”

“ah… right…” she hung her head low, looked so disappointed with what I just said. since I don’t want her to feel sad, I stretched my hand on to her cheek and rubbed it

“I’ll wear it.. I promise.”  And that drew a smile on her face. you know, I still can’t act normal whenever she threw that kind of smile.. the sweet and cute smile.. and yes, I got nervous just because of that.

 

“O-Okay..we need to finish the dishes..” I said, diverting myself to the sink and continue cleaning all the dishes. Of course I put the neckless inside my pocket.. it save there.

“Okay! I’ll help again~” she took again the dirty dishes and cleaned it with soap, doing what we did earlier.

“Oh! I forgot one more thing..” she said. but just before I could even ask her, she lend a kiss on my right cheek.

“Happy birthday my shy little baby mitan~”

“t-thank you…”

 

Yes.. this year is the best birthday compare to the previous year..

.

.

.

Few hour later, Sharon already ordered foods for them to eat. The whole sixteen member cheered happily with this hospitality because Jeongnam rarely treat them like this. which of course she denied it strongly..

But the favoritism towards Sharon didn’t stop there.. While waiting for the food to arrive, they had a talk and on that, Mina told everyone that soon she’ll perform in her former instructor shows. Everyone were so happy hearing it and excited to come. But the excitement dimmed a bit as Sana told them that they required tickets to watch that and it’s not cheap. All sixteen members, plus sana, attacked Jeongnam so she could buy them those ticket which of course coldly declined. Seeing those madness, sharon as the most generous person told them that she would bought tickets for everyone. Including sana, jihyo, and nayeon.

Due to that, everyone started cheering Sharon’s name and she even earned a hug from Sana who also sticking her tounge out towards jeongnam. Meanwhile mina only laughed at the side, watching the sixteen members praised Sharon and dissed Jeongnam. oh.. except momo though.. Momo already secured her ticket after all.. mina the one who bought it for her but she  told everyone that she booked it with her own money..

 

It was a lively like previous, until suddenly Sana got a call and it’s from her father. Apparently her father just successfully finished a really tough surgery and wanted to refresh himself by eating a warm dinner with her only daughter. Although Sana still wanted to stay, but she loves her father so much and if he wanted to have dinner with her, then she couldn’t say no to it. especially knowing that he just finished a long tough surgery.  At first, momo wanted to drive her back to her home.. But Sana declined it.. say that it will be a lot more convenient for her to take taxi. So after she bid goodbye, she walked out from the myoui’s house and went to the nearest main road.

 

But a suprising event happened. No one ever think this would happened before, no one even asked her to do it, but Jeongnam quickly ran out to catchup with Sana and stopped her before going too far.

 

“Hold up.” called Jeongnam from her door and seeing Sana stopped, Jeongnam ran towards her.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sana.

“I’ll give you a ride.”

“Eh? no need! I can ride taxi..”

“I-it’s not like I want to drive you home. It just..” Sana knew that expression, the way she speak while looking the other way, stuttering, and pausing.. she knew that jeongnam about to throw her made up excuses.

“T-those girls asked me to buy some beers. So.. since I’m going out it’ll be more convenient for you to ride my car.”

Sana let out her teasing smile after jeongnam said that. “Do they really asked you to buy some beers?”

 

Jeongnam had a glance on Sana’s face and she immidietly regret that. the girl was smirking like she knew that jeongnam was lying from the start.

 

“Ugh.. yea fine.. I lied. I just want to drive you home.”

“Oh? no more ignoring and avoiding me huh?”

“well.. I agreed no to do that yesterday.. and I’m.. worried if you go home alone.” Sana’s lips were twitching, wanted to smile so bad seeing Jeongam being this honest..

“Uuu.. protective.. I like it~”

Jeongnam rolled her eyes hearing that and then said. “come on. you’ll be late.”

 

Jeongnam grabbed Sana’s hand and dragged her towards her car. After that, they departed to Sana’s house.

.

.

On their way there… they didn’t really talk much. Jeongnam isn’t really a talker at the first place and sana too focus on looking at Jeongnam’s side profile. Sana also enjoyed jeongnam humming to the song played in the car. Sana is talkative.. but it’s not that bad to spent a silent time for once..

Ah right! I haven’t give her the present! Said sana in her thought.

 

“Hey jeongnam. I actually have something for you.” said Sana

“for me?”

“yeap. I couldn’t give it to you earlier because I didn’t buy any gift for mina and sharon.. so at first I wanted to give it secretly but didn’t get the chance to do it. until now of course but I’ll give it to you later once we arrived in my house.”

“You know you don’t have to buy me present every year…”

“But that’s how i showed you my love.”

“Y-yah.. aren’t you embarrassed saying things like that? god..”

“Nope. Why should I embarrassed with my feelings towards you? I’m proud of it.”

 

After that, silence.. and when Sana had a glance towards her, jeongnam just focus driving. Sana thought maybe Jeongnam want to focus driving or maybe she just didn’t want to continue the talk.  So she decided to let the words hung and enjoy the street view. Until…

 

 “Thanks.”

“ne?”

“Uh.. thank you..”

“For.. what? I haven’t give you the present yet.”

“Not really about that...” The car suddenly stopped due to traffic light, and at the same time, Jeongnam also paused.

“Then?” Jeongnam then looked towards sana and said,

“Thank you.. for loving someone like me.”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

Sana was beyond flustered. It came outta nowhere and she wasn’t ready for that. Yes its easy for sana to show her feelings to others.. even with jeongnam, she never hesitate to say that she love her very much. But when she’s the one who received all of that, butterflies flying frantically inside her stomach.

 

“W-well.. uh… thank you too.. for letting someone like me to love you.”

 

With that, both of them looked at the opposite side but secretly let out a smile.


Sana’s House

Now they’re standing outside Jeongnam’s car, right in front of Sana’s house.

 

“Thank you for driving me back home..”

“It’s nothing. But actually.. I want to say something to you..”

“hm? What is that?”

“about yesterday.. I think i was being unfair for not stating the reason why I avoided you..”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want.. I understand though..”

“But you have rights to know..”

“O..okay..”

“Well.. honestly, I felt something but I don’t know whether that’s love or not. I don’t understand why I could feel something like that.. but it just happened and I don’t want to hurt you or reciprocate your feelings towards me with those. So I thought that maybe if I went away from you, i could understand it.. but no..  I was wrong. I’m so sorry for that.”

“Hey it’s okay.. we agreed not to do that again yesterday right?” Jeongnam nod at it.

“Then someone told me that to understand that feeling more, I should talk to you. get to know, spent time with you.. with that, I probably could understand what actually my feeling is..”

 

Jeongnam then walked closer to Sana, and after that she said,

“I know all I’ve been doing to you was asking something selfish. But this time.. would you let me stay beside you, know you more so I can understand this feelings I had for you?”

 

When jeongnam said that in such pleaded face that Sana never ever seen.. the way she looked so sincere with her plea.. brought warm feeling inside sana’s heart and also her face. a smile appeared on sana’s face as she said,

 

“Sure Jeongnam. I will..  but only if you stop pushing me away..”

“I won’t do that again..” and both of them gave each other a smile.

 

“Now you should go inside. Your father probably already waiting.”

“Right.. but before that.. As I promised.. here!” said sana as she gave her a medium size box.

“What’s inside it?”

“Open it.”

 

Since she’s curious, Jeongnam opened the purple colored box and surprised once she saw inside it. Sana gave her a leather bass strap, a pile of stickers, and also a box of perfume.

 

“Wow… this is.. great.. thank you..”

“You don’t see something familiar?” jeongnam frowned when Sana asked that. but soon her confusion was answered when sana tapped the box of perfume. Or box of body mist to be exact.

“that body mist, is the one that you chose.”

“So.. that time.. you wanted to buy it for me?” Sana nod

“well.. before that, I didn’t know that you dislike perfume and other fragrance.. but you can just keep it..”

“Thank you.. really. especially this strap.. I was thinking to buy new one.”

“Then you’ll wear that?? on the stage??” Jeongnam nod at it

“How about the stickers?? Will you paste it on you bass??”

“Sure. why not.”

“Yeaaay!!!!” Sana attacked Jeongnam with tight hug and since it was so sudden, jeongnam nearly fell due to the strong force.

 

“actually. there’s still one more present I haven’t give you.”

“Yah.. you gave me plenty.. how can I repay you then.”

“You can repay me anytime.. but this one is special.”

“What is it the—“

 

Jeongnam words hung in the air, all because Sana landed a kiss on her cheek that she held for few second.

 

“Happy birthday, Jeongnam.” said sana who’s circling her hand on jeongnam’s neck.

“How am I supposed to repay that.”

“well.. you can just give me what I just gave you..”

“what? bass strap?”

“No…”

“stickers?”

“No…”

“Perfume? Oh right you love perfume.”

“No! not that… my last birthday present.”

“Oh.. that..”

“Yes.. that.”

 

Sana then let go her hug, and stood properly in front of Jeongnam. she slightly tilted her cheek to the side, just to make Jeongnam easily landed her lip on her cheek. And since sana was very anticipating it, she also closed her eyes tight with wide closed smile on her face.

Jeongnam held her laugh seeing how eager sana was. She won’t lie, that sana is adorable and somehow gullible. Jeongnam then hovered few inch from Sana’s cheek and asked,

 

“When is your birthday?”

“December 29th.” Said Sana

“Then I’ll repay you at that day.” Jeongnam then printed to her car and left Sana’s house. just like that. leaving dumbfounded sana alone.

 

Oh god… Myoui Jeongnam and her unexpected turn…



AUTHOR NOTES:

Hey there! Hahaha sorry for the late update… I thought I could do double update but nope.. new inspiration came suddenly and it made me longer to finish this chapter.
Long right? haha sorry if it’s boring.. there’s too many idea inside my head and I couldn’t sort it.. so yea..
Anyway!! MORE&MORE is about to come and let’s gather our strength to support our girls!!!!

Don’t forget to drop you thoughts on the comment bar, up vote if you like it, subscribe if you haven’t and if you think someone will love reading this story, please do share it too!!
Love you guys!!!!!







kamsahamnida