Chapter 18: Assurance

Take Myoui Heart

The next day, Myoui Household

Author POV

A loud alarm just erupted and completely ruined Sharon’s peaceful sleep. No matter how drunk Sharon were, or how hard the hangover hit her, she’ll still be a light sleeper and that noise is enough to wake her up.

Sharon grunted in frustration as the loud noise pierced through her head. Well, she won’t be this sensitive if last night she didn’t drink that much. But fortunately, the loud noise just beeped for few seconds because the owner managed to turn it off… which is Jihyo.

Usually after hearing the alarm, Sharon would immediately wake up and get ready to begin her day. But the aftermath of her excessive drinking last night hit her hard. Her head felt so heavy and all her body felt lethargic, like she only slept for few minutes. So, when she felt Jihyo trying to get out from Sharon’s hug, she refused and pulled her closer instead.

 

Oh yes… they’ve been sleeping while spooning each other with Sharon as the big spoon.

 

“5 more minutes …” the moment Sharon said that, Jihyo pull away her head in reflect as she said,

“god, you’re reek of alcohol.”

 

Yet instead of getting mad or annoyed by Jihyo’s word, Sharon puckered her lips and blew out some air onto Jihyo’s face

 

“Wow. Real mature, Sharon. Real mature.” And Sharon just giggled while her eyes still completely shut. Anyone who saw her now, definitely could tell that she’s not completely sober yet.

 

“Look, you can continue your sleep but let me out. I need to get ready.” And that comment made Sharon snuggled deeper into Jihyo’s back.

“I need another 5 minutes.”

“You can have it..”

“But I need your hug.”

“But I don’t want to be late.”

“Come on… 5 minutes won’t hurt… besides, we’ll be late together anyways.”

“Wait.” Jihyo suddenly turned her body to face Sharon, “You’re going to class today? In this condition? You can’t even open your eyes right now.”

“I skipped too much already. I need to attend class.”

“Can you even concentrate in class?”

“I’ll manage.”

“Sharon…” Once again Sharon blew her breath on Jihyo

“Yah! Stop that! I’m worried about you.”

Sharon suddenly stretched her hand and put it on Jihyo’s cheek as she said, “Aw… what caring girlfriend…”

 

Jihyo didn’t want to entertain Sharon’s antics. She lightly slapped Sharon’s hand away from her face as she turned sterner and more serious than earlier

 

“Sharon.”

“Aw… grumpy gi—” once again, Sharon wanted to tease Jihyo—trying to tone down the tense, but the latter shrugged it quick.

“Myoui Sharon.”

“Gee… no need to use my full name like that..”

“It won’t be necessary if you take your condition more seriously.”

“Look… I might have headache and stuff but I’ll be alright. All I need is another 5 minutes with your hug.”

“And how that can cure your hangover?”

“The power of love… Honey. The power of love.”

 

Jihyo’s heart skipped a beat when Sharon said that while patting her cheek. But she won’t backed down and instead, act like it didn’t bother her.

 

“You definitely still drunk. I’m outta here.”

“No you won’t.”  

Knowing that this is an argument that she couldn’t win, Jihyo gave in “Fine.. But 5 minutes are too long.”  Jihyo then turned her body to her previous position “two minutes,” she added.

 

Although the time was chopped, Sharon didn’t complain and just hugged Jihyo from the back. Jihyo could just lay while facing Sharon. But no, the girl chose to face different side. Not because of Sharon’s alcohol breath—it wasn’t that severe to begin with, but simply because facing Sharon isn’t good for her heart. Especially this close. Besides, this current position somehow gave her a feeling like she’s being protected.. not bad either.

Jihyo just laid there in silence while doing something with her phone. Well, she should do something otherwise she’ll get sleepy and went back to sleep due to the coziness and warmth Sharon’s hug gave her. She could just talk to Sharon, but her best friend needs rest. So she just trying to make herself busy by her own.

But well… Sharon had different plan. Although she really wants to go back to sleep, she remembered about what she said last night and wanted Jihyo to promise her something.

 

“Jihyo-ya..”

“Hm?”

“About things I told you last night…”

“You remembered what you said?”

“I was indeed drunk but not that drunk…”

“Sure, Sharon. Being clingy to people around you, slurring your words, extra expressive with your feelings, couldn’t open your eyes, couldn’t stand properly and then passed out.. Yes yes. you weren’t that drunk, huh?”

“But I still remember most of it, okay. Not fully intoxicated.”

“Okay okay fine… then? What’s with that thing?”

“I want you to promise that you won’t say any of it to my sisters.”

“Aah.. I see. Well…” Jihyo paused for a moment, thinking and also put aside her phone, and she added, “I’ll promise not tell, only if you promise that you’ll be the one who tell them about it”

And that made Sharon let out a grunt. “Come on… why are you still saying that. They’ll hate me.”

“Why? Because you’re being so selfless and sacrifice so many things for your sisters? Or… because you’re using the oldest sister card and made big decision without asking your sisters’ opinion? Or because you’re hiding the truth from them for so long?”

 

Suddenly, Jihyo could feel Sharon’s hug on her got tighten. A sign that what she said felt too close to her home. “Everything...”

 

“Look.. none of that would make your sisters hate you. They might get mad, yeah.. but they won’t hate you for that.”

“What makes you so sure about that? My sisters hate me whenever I tried to do something for their sake. Even Mina. imagine if they knew about it...”

“If you explain it to them thoroughly, I’m sure they’d understand. You left them because you think that’s the only thing you could do to protect their dreams. Again, they’d get mad because you were being selfless, but they eventually thanked you for what you did.”

“Well I guess it’ll work for Mina. But I’m not sure about Jeongnam though. ”

“and… what make you think like that?”

“Remember last Friday when I felt a bit troubled after fighting with Jeongnam?”

“The one you couldn’t talk about?”

“Yeah. That one.. Well, the fight happened because I tried to sort things with her but it just became a messy fight instead of a civil talk. She ranted all her anger, saying she was furious with my sudden departure and she also said that she won’t be thankful to any reason behind my decision to leave them. So, from that, its obvious that telling the real reason why I left won’t work on her. Because she won’t give a damn about it.”

“But it won’t hurt for you to try explain the truth to her.”

“Jihyo-ya. Aren’t you listening? I told you she won’t care nor be thankful for whatever my reason is. Whether its for her sake or not, she won’t care.”

“Look, I talked to her yesterday, briefly. And yes, it seems like she sees your departure as greed. She thought you abandoned your sisters for the sake of chasing your goals to be the future CEO. But, she also said that it wasn’t just that. I guess there’s something more inside her head that she still not willing to share. Maybe you can try to find what it is first and then start talking about it?”

“Well, I think I kinda know what she meant. She said that we made promise, only me and her, and I  broke it.”

“That makes a lot of sense.. But, what kind of promise?”

“that’s the problem… I don’t even remember. When I tried to ask her about it, she cut off the conversation and went away.”

“Then, just maturely own up your mistake. Apologize to her sincerely for breaking that promise. Don’t try to make any excuse and just completely show how sorry you are. ."

 “Easy for you to say…It’s Jeongnam we’re talking about.”

“Hey... I know Jeongnam could be handful but Jeongnam isn’t the type of person who act in certain way without any coherent reason, right?”

“True bu—”

“Maybe that promise you made to her, meant a lot for her and the fact that you forget about it, might hurt her. Look, you know how bad she is at expressing and sharing her feelings, right? So, at time like this, you should’ve used your big sister card.”

“Big sister card?”

“Yeah. Acting like you’re the oldest sibling.”

“But I am the oldest.”

“By minutes, Sharon. By minutes.”

“Still…”

“But anyways… What I mean by that, is you should be the mature one. Go talk to her nicely, listen to everything she’s trying to say, ACCEPT everything she said to you and once you knew what the problem is, if turns out you did something wrong, owned up your mistake and apologize to her. And if there’s a misunderstanding you should gently try to clear it, without invalidating her feelings. Just tell her everything and eventually, she’ll understand.”

 

There was silence after Jihyo said that. Jihyo thought that Sharon probably trying to digest everything and think about it thoroughly. It probably looked easy. Go tell Jeongnam and Mina the truth and they’d be good again. But it wasn’t as simple as that. Being given the role as the oldest sister since she was little, had built her huge sense of responsibility over her sisters and it not easy for her to open up like that. It’s not the first time for Sharon to set aside her needs for the sake of her sisters.

But Jihyo was right. She has to talk to her sisters about it.

 

“Okay… fine. I promise I’ll do it.” Said Sharon

“Good. Then I promise too, for not telling anything about last night to your sisters.”

 

Jihyo could still sense warry and uncertain feelings from Sharon. So, once again, she gave another soft touch on Sharon’s arm as she said, “No matter what the outcome is, I’ll always be here. I’ll help you if you need me.”

“Thank you.. Thank you for staying in my life.. Jihyo.”

“I’m glad to be he—"

 

*Beep* *bee—*

 

Jihyo was a bit panic when her phone made that noise and quickly turned it off.

 

“What… was that?” asked Sharon

“what was what?”

“That sounds a bit familiar… Was that your alarm?”

“Hm? No? it just… notification. Yeah.”

 

Suddenly Sharon sat up from her sleep and looked at Jihyo who stared at her with such awkward look. With that, Sharon knew that she lied.

 

“Park Jihyo.”

“W-what?”

“God… I know time is important, but do you REALLY have to do that?? Is it really have to be EXACTYLY 2 minutes??”

“What? W-why you suddenly mad?”

“You set a reminder, didn’t you???”

and that question made Jihyo flinched a bit but she still decided to deny it, “No I would ne—”

Ni I wield nivir di tha— Like I would believe THAT!” Sharon actually said ‘No I would never do that’ but she said it with shaped like a carp, just to mock Jihyo’s attempt to deny about what she did earlier.

 

Since it’s a bit rare to see Sharon getting worked up like this, Jihyo was having so much fun as she couldn’t help but laugh at the situation. Meanwhile, Sharon not having any of it and frown at Jihyo.

 

“You’re not supposed to laugh, Park Jihyo.”

“Aw… someone being grumpy~” and this time, Jihyo mimic what Sharon did to her earlier—caressing her cheek, a short of payback. Which of course, Sharon responded in the similar manner like what Jihyo did—snapped Jihyo’s hand away from her cheek.

 

But different with Sharon, Jihyo quicker to stop her tease after seeing how the former reacted.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I just want to make sure to be punctual.”

“But do you really need to be THAT punctual??”

 

As much as Jihyo wanted to enjoy this situation more, she’s aware that is she prolonged this argument, big chance that it could affecting their time. So, Jihyo suddenly sat up and engulfed Sharon in a hug

 

“What’s this? Why you suddenly hug me, huh?”

“I’m sorryyyy.” Said Jihyo while she slightly swayed their body.

“We were talking something serious and you ruined the mood.”

“Well in my defense, I didn’t think that you would start that convers—”

“Oh really?? it’s my fault now?”

“Okay okay I’m sorry.. It’s my fault. Entirely my fault. I ruined the mood and also disturbed your rest. I’m terribly sorry, Sharon...”

 

Sharon didn’t give any respond. She just sat still—didn’t even reply the hug.

“My sweetest, most precious, incredible, bestest friend, Myoui Sharon… Would you pleeeeease forgive me?”

 

That of course managed to torn down Sharon’s anger. Tiny smile was forming on her face but since Jihyo still hugging her, she couldn’t see it.

 

“Sharon-aaaah..” after Jihyo called her like that, Sharon pulled their hug, made them looking at each other face to face.

“I’m sorr—Oh wonderful, Sharon. Fresh air, just what I needed.” The reason why Jihyo said that, was because Sharon out of nowhere blew out her breath on to Jihyo’s face and made her hit by Sharon’s alcohol-reek breath

“It’s my special morning greetings for my wonderful best friend. Hoooh.”

 

and after Sharon blew her breath one more time, she quickly jumped off the bed and flee away out of her room.

“MYOUI SHARON, DON’T YOU DARE RUN A—”

 

*THUD*

 

“Oh god! Sharon, are you okay??”

 

Jihyo who was chasing Sharon, shocked after hearing the thud and seeing Sharon laid down on the floor few steps away from her bedroom door. Although Jihyo was a bit warry that it could be another prank, but her concern for Sharon still beats her and made her sat right beside her.

 

“Sharon? Sharon!”

“Woke up too fast… head spin… like… crazy...” and that made Jihyo snorted her laugh.

“That what you get for being a dummy.”

“I was just—Blurhp… oh god I feel sick..”

“No wait! Hold it!! Don’t puke here!” With all her might, Jihyo tried to carry Sharon and brought her to the restroom.

 

And with that, Sharon and Jihyo started their morning with chaos. No worries! Sharon managed to puke in the right place.


Later at Hirai Household

Mina, is always the early riser so woke up in Monday morning isn’t that hard for her. In fact, she’s now in such a great mood. She finally wrapped the most nervewrecking performance yesterday, had fun dinner with all her sisters and friends after that, and she ended her day with a comfort and cozy night with Momo. They snuggled while having a warm bath together, after that they went to Momo’s bedroom, chat for a bit and then went to sleep as they embraced through the night.

Although, she had troubled waking up earlier. Not because she was tired or anything… Momo’s hug is just too comfortable and made Mina wanted to stay for few more hours. But, she knew she has class so with all her might, she forced herself to get up while slowly pulled herself out of Momo’s hug since she didn’t want to disturb her sleep.

Mina already in her proper outfit to go to her class and ready to go. She’ll go to campus with bus by herself. She could just ask Momo to drive her, but again… she didn’t want to disturb Momo’s sleep since the girl didn’t have morning class like her.

Before she left, she decided to prepare some breakfast for Momo to eat later. She knew Momo loves heavy breakfast.. But somehow she feel inappropriate to use some ingredients from the fridge. So, she just put bread on toaster and later put blueberry and strawberry jam on top of it.   

While Mina was waiting for the toast to be done, suddenly she heard an opened door sound which then followed with Momo’s sleepy voice.

 

“Miiitaaaang…”

“Eh, Momoring?”

denwa…” Said Momo in Japanese, informing Mina that she got phone call.

 

Mina quickly walked towards Momo, grabbed her phone from her and answer it immediately. “Hello?”

 

While Mina began her phone call, the still half-asleep Momo gave Mina a back hug while resting her chin on the latter’s shoulder. Realized Momo was still sleepy, Mina just let her be and gently caressed her hand.

 

“Hey Mina. It’s me, Jihyo. I’m sorry… Were you still asleep?” asked Jihyo

“No, I’m already awake. In fact, Momo was the one who were asleep. I was in the kitchen and left my phone at Momo’s bedroom so, that’s why she’s the one who answered the phone first.”

“Yikes… tell her that I’m sorry for waking her up.”

 

Since Momo was close with the phone, she could hear what Jihyo said and just gave a hum, which Mina took that as an affirmation.

 

“She got your apology, Jihyo-ya.”

“You put the phone on speaker?”

“No… She’s… right behind me.”

“Clingy much huh, Momo?”

“There’s another Myoui not far from your home if you envied us.” Mina giggled at how Momo was sleepy yet still tried to tease Jihyo back.

And Jihyo replied that tease with “shut up.” But then Mina realized that its rare for Jihyo to call her this early so she pull the conversation back to it’s track.

 

“Is everything okay, Jihyo? It’s rare for you to call me this early.”

“It’s fine… I just want to ask you whether you know how to make a simple soup that even I could make or not?”

“soup? What kind of soup?”

“eum… something warm, refreshing, and maybe… Could cure hangover…?”

 

Mina smiled wide when she heard that. without Jihyo even tell her to whom she was going to make that soup for, Mina already knew and she couldn’t help to hold her smudgy smile.

 

“hangover soup, huh?” with that tone, Jihyo already knew that Mina is in her teasing mode.

“Don’t use that tone. I just want to help my friend, okay?”

“Friend, huh?”

“Mina… please..”

”Okay, fine. I’ll accept that for now. Well um.. what ingredients you have now?”

“uh… I’m actually in your house… So, anything you own then.”

“Oooh… So you’re in my HOUSE… Did you stay overnight because you’re worried?”

 

After that tease, Mina could hear Jihyo let out a sigh, completely done with Mina’s tease.

 

“Look. I can’t help it okay. Sharon asked me to stay with her. Plus, Jeongnam was at Sana’s house so of course I had to stay.”

“Wait, weren’t Sana and her dad had a movie night or something?”

“Yes, but apparently her dad got emergency call so he had to cancel it and Jeongnam stayed there because she was worried. Now, if you want to tease someone, can you just do it later on your other sister and now just help me with the soup? You don’t want your big sister to go to school with only coffee after she was drunk last night, right?”

 

The teasing mode on Mina suddenly switched off after she heard that “wait. She’s going to school? How’s her condition?”

 

“usual stuff. Headache, lethargic, nausea and well… she just vomit earlier.”

“and she still want to go to school?”

“and work too.”

“Oh my… can you convince her to rest instead?”

Jihyo let out a deep sigh “Believe me, I’ve tried, Mina. But you know how stubborn she could be.”

“Okay then um… I think you can make miso soup. It’s easy you just have to reheat the leftover dashi I made yesterday and then put miso paste, tofu, and some seaweed. Also I think there’s still some rice left in the rice cooker.”

“Uh… wait Mina, I kinda lost there.. Can you text me about all of it instead?”

“Sure, sure.  I’ll text you the ingredients and how to do it.”

“Thank you, Mina. sorry for troubling you..”

“You make it for my sister, I should be the one who thanked you.”

“Well then, I’ll better start preparing now and don’t worry about Sharon. I’ll give her some medicine later.”

“Now I feel bad for making you take care of my drunk sister all by yourself.”

“Please, don’t be. Seeing the usual stuck-up Sharon acting all dumb like this is entertaining. Anyways, I’ll hung up now. bye Mina and bye you, whipped softie behind Mina.”

“Don’t burn Mina’s kitchen, Jihyo-ya.” That was Momo who came in between their conversation

“Shut up~”

 

After the phone ended, Mina quickly copied the miso soup recipe that she saved on her phone’s note and then sent it to Jihyo. Everything is well explained there with step and such since Mina always make sure to cook her food according to recipe. Yes, she is that meticulous. The most meticulous among the triplets.

 

Just then

 

*Ding*

 

“Oh! the toast is ready.”

“For me?”

“Yup. I’m sorry I could only make that. I feel a bit inappropriate to use your ingredients without you knowing.”

“Eh… it’s fine though. I told you to make yourself at home…”

“Well then, next time?”

“Sure~ Your cooking is the best.” Said Momo as she nuzzled her head onto Mina’s neck

“Yours too, you know. But anyway, um… Momoring. Could you let me go for a moment? I need to go to the kitchen.”

“eeeh?? Don’t wannaa. We can waddle together. With the power of teamwo—wait, no. The power of couple’s synchronization!”

 

The way Momo tried to sound motivated yet her tone was sounded drowsy, made Mina couldn’t hold her laugh.

 

“There’s no such thing as that, Momoring.”

“There is! It’s a chemistry a form of communication and coordination that only two people in love could do.”

And the way Momo tried to make it sound overly poetic and dramatic once again made Mina laughed “Okay I think we really need to stop this. I need to go there fast otherwise you’ll get a burnt toast for your breakfast.”

 

Hearing that, Momo immediately pulled up her arms away from Mina’s body as she said, “burnt toast is a no no..”and finally, Mina could go to the kitchen.

But before that, Mina gave a quick peck on Momo’s lips and said, “morning kiss for you.” Then she flee away to the kitchen..

 

Meanwhile, Momo who was half-asleep became fully awake after that sudden kiss. Which also, made the awfully lovestruck smile plastered on her face.

 

“Momorin, you better freshen up yourself first before you eat.” Yelled Mina from the kitchen.

Usually Momo would whine and refused to do that. But since she was still feeling a bit “high” after Mina’s kiss, she followed along what Mina told her to do.

.

.

Few minutes had passed, and Momo joined Mina in the dining table to enjoy their simple breakfast. Mina apologized in advance for making a simple one for Momo instead of making her a proper meal like she always prefer. But Momo gave Mina a peck on her lips to brush down those thoughts out of her. She is grateful with anything Mina made.

Usually when Momo’s parents are here, peaceful morning is impossible. Her mom would wake her violently because she’s not that easy to be awaken, then her father blasted on morning news and kept protesting at how mad the world had become or if the news were great, he would constantly talk about it.

So today, with Mina here.. she finally got her peaceful morning. Made her able to enjoy Monday morning with ease. It’ll be great if she could start her morning everyday like this. With only her, and Mina.

 

“It’ll be nice if we can live together..”

“eh?”

“eh?”

 

As comical as it sounds, Momo really did copy Mina’s surprised reaction. She herself was surprised with the way she actually been thinking that out loud.

 

“Did i… said it out…loud?” Mina answered Momo’s question with a slow nod.

“Well uh… I was just thinking that how nice it could be if this happens every time… i-I mean.. waking up with you right by my side, having breakfast together, go to campus together, a-and sleep together… It’ll be great if I could experience this everyday hahaha~ B-but but! I-it doesn’t have to happen in near time. Like.. like.. in few years a head or something.. Or! We could just have another sleepover or.. or.. trip together! Y-yeah I’ll be fine with anything actually.. Just wanna spend the whole day with you… I guess.. yeah.. sorry...”

 

And in the end, Momo couldn’t calmly explain her thoughts… She ended up making it sounds more awkward and sounds like she’s rambling. But gladly Mina didn’t mind about it. She stretched her arms to hold Momo’s hands who sat right across her and with her warm yet bashful smile, Mina said.

 

“Me too, Momoring. I think it’s a great idea.”

“W-which one?”

“Mm.. Everything? Having another sleepover, go on a trip together or.. L-living together.. I… don’t mind.”

“Y-you’re fine with it? I mean I know we’re just dating for like few days.. Yet I already bring this sort of conversation.”

“It’s fine… Like you said, it didn’t have to happened near time, right? maybe later after we graduate and already have our own job and stuff.. But...” Mina stopped her words to let a deep frustrated sigh

“What’s wrong?”

“I have to talk to my sisters first before we can do any of those freely… Yet here I am, still didn’t have any courage to bring that conversation to them.”

“Aw mitang…”

 

Seeing her girlfriend turned pouty and gloomy, Momo then went to her side and then squatted down beside her.

 

“Baby, it’s okay. You don’t need to rush or anything.. I don’t mind waiting.”

“but still…If I can’t stop being such a coward, we can’t do a lot of things together without feeling anxious that my sisters will notice us…”

“Well, dating in secret is kind of excite—Okay, okay, I’m sorry! I was just trying to ease the mood.” Momo wanted to joke at first, but changed her mind after she saw Mina’s sad pout turned into frown.

“But really though. I don’t want you to feel burdened or pressured with this. So, take your time. let’s just try enjoy every single time we could spend together then when you feel you’re ready and the time was perfect, go talk to them.”

“Even it takes time?”

“Even if it takes time. I’ll always be here, right by your side. And when you finally told them, no matter what happened, I’ll never let you go.”

“promise?”

 

Momo’s first respond wasn’t yes or no. instead, she closed their gap and gave Mina a gentle kiss. When she broke the kiss, Momo said, “I promise. As long as you want me to stay, I’ll stay.”

“I’ll never let you go.” Mina gave Momo a peck “I love you so much, Momo.” Mina added.

“I love you too, Mina..”

 

They threw each other hearty stare, while Momo gently rubbing her thumb on Mina’s cheek and Mina just melted at the touch. But as sweet at it may go, Momo ruined the moment.

 

“You know, we can do a lot of things today if you skip class.” And that, took Mina by surprised as she stood up immediately from her seat.

“Oh god! I forgot I have class!”

“Eeeeeeh???? Come on, Miiitaaaang.”

 

Momo’s protest was completely ignored as Mina already ran to Momo’s room and grabbed her things, ready to go.

 

“I’m sorry Momo I can’t clean the dishes. I have to catch some bu—”

“Wait. You’re going with bus?”

“Yes? I don’t bring any vehicle, remember?”

“But you have me, your girlfriend who can drive and have a car. I’ll give you a ride.”

“It’s fine, Momoring. I don’t want to trou—”

“The longer we argue, the later you arrived at school~”

 

Noticed she had defeated from the argue, Mina just sigh and followed Momo who’s already walking towards the front door. When she able to match up her step, Mina stole a peck on her cheek.

 

“Thank you, baby.”

“If you keep the kiss coming and always call me with that petname, I’ll be your private chauffer for the rest of my life..”

 

It wasn’t entirely a funny joke, but Mina just laughed at it. Well what do you expect from her? She just love Momo so much and somehow, the simplest jokes could make her laugh.


Minatozaki’s Household

If you think Jeongnam would have the same morning like her sisters, you are wrong. She didn’t even have any morning because she and Sana overslept. Okay, maybe Jeongnam were the only one who overslept since Sana was actually overslept by choice.

Sana deliberately turned off her alarm and went back to sleep all because she woke up with Jeongnam’s laying comfortably on her right chest while she also wrapped Sana’s body with her arm and leg.  

Well, even if she tried to get out from the situation, she couldn’t. When Sana slightly moved away from Jeongnam’s hug to turn off her alarm, Jeongnam groaned and moved closer to Sana while she tighten her hug on her. A strong gesture that Jeongnam didn’t want to let her go—although Jeongnam wasn’t even realized what she’s doing.  So, since there was no chance for her to get out from Jeongnam’s hug, Sana just enjoyed the moment and went back to sleep.

 

It’s not like they’ve been hugging through the night. In fact, Jeongnam wasn’t even want to be as close as this with Sana. Okay, that’s maybe not accurate. At first, Jeongnam wanted to sleep on the bed together with Sana. With the short conversation they had before, Jeongnam felt a bit comfortable with her and wanted to stay close to her. But since the girl , the prideful Jeongnam became defensive and took different route instead.

So last night before they slept, Jeongnam informed or more like warned Sana that she has sleeping habits that might make Sana uncomfortable. Sana was warried at first, afraid that it will be something like gritting teeth or loud snore. But turns out, Jeongnam is a hugger—koala level as per Jeongnam stated. Of course Sana was confuse why Jeongnam said that it would make her uncomfortable. In fact she loves that sleeping habit of hers. And well… Sana could’ve responded it by assuring Jeongnam that she’s fine with it. But instead, Sana said “Aww you can just say that you want to hug me all night, Jeongnam. No need to be shy.” while giving her a flirty look.

That tease felt like Sana took a peak inside Jeongnam’s head and made Jeongnam panic as she immediately rolled to the edge of the bed and aggressively draw an imaginary border, demand Sana not to cross it. Jeongnam even slept with her back facing Sana’s. Sana wanted to more actually… But since she already sleepy, she just let her ber and slept while facing the ceiling.

And well.. Apparently Jeongnam was the one who trespassed the imaginary border that she made earlier in her journey to sleep more comfortable. Which she able to get once her head laid on Sana’s chest and hugged her for the entire night. Of course, Jeongnam did it while she was deep in her sleep.

.

.

It’s nearly twelve now and once again, Sana the only one who already woke up. But for now, Sana managed to get herself out of bed. She felt like she had too much sleep already and her right side started to feel a bit sore. So, she tried to slip herself out of Jeongnam’s hug.. as slow as possible. Fortunately, Jeongnam wasn’t as resistance as before and now Sana can prepare her morning coffee in the kitchen.

Getting out from bed, leaving Jeongnam all by herself there was a bit challenging for Sana. No, not because Jeongnam was firmed with her koala hug. But Sana wanted to enjoy the rare scenery for longer time. Having the usually cool Jeongnam became clingy and soft like this was a wonderful sight to see...

The way her cheek got mushed and puffed a bit, made Sana wanted to pinch it, and the way Jeongnam’s lips slightly puckered.. it just too adorable and Sana wanted to make this moment permanent. But the slight sting on her right side alarmed her that she needed to get out otherwise she’ll get sore arm and being a dancer, that’s a no no. she’ll gonna be struggling through her classes and also her crew practice so yeah.. with all her might, Sana managed go out.

Currently, Sana was sitting on the kitchen stool while drinking her coffee and munching some kimbab that her father bought from his way home. Yes, Sana’s father apparently already went back from hospital and now in his room, compensating the sleep he lost after a quite busy night he had at hospital last night.

Just then, a drowsy looking girl walked towards her direction and didn’t even look like she was ready to get out the bed.

 

“Ohayou, Jeongnam.” Greeted Sana.

“Is it still morning though?” and that made Sana laughed, especially with the zero energy Jeongnam had.

“Oh wait. you skipped class?” asked Jeongnam right after that.

“Yeah.. I overslept too earlier. anyways, come come. It’s a bit late for breakfast though but here, I have some kimbab for you.”

“Thanks..”

 

Jeongnam took a seat right across Sana’s chair and still with sleepy face, she just took a slice of kimbab and ate it. Sana couldn’t help but smile upon that.. With things that happened last night, and the clingy Jeongnam during their sleep, now everything Jeongnam does, makes her looked adorable.

Jeongnam of course noticed the way Sana been staring and smiling at her. It’s not that she got irritated with it, it just made her… uneasy. Maybe nervous. she wasn’t that sure.

 

“What?” Sana didn’t say anything. just shook her head while her big smile still perfectly plastered on her face.

“Stop looking at me with that kind of stare…”

“Why?”

“It’s… burdensome.”

“WHAT?? I was just smiling! Why it looked burdensome?”

“whatever just stop staring me like that.”

“then stop being adorable.”

“I didn’t even do anything?”

“Indeed. You’re naturally adorable.”

 

Although Jeongnam tried so hard not to react upon that, Sana still could see how it made her flustered a little and after that, just like usual, she acted cool and try to burry it under the rug.

 

“Whatever..” And she continued to eat her kimbab.

 

Mina once told Sana that amongst the three, Jeongnam could be the most affectionate and soft one. She could be clingy and touchy in certain moment. When she first heard that, Sana wasn’t really sure because she is Myoui Jeongnam. Sixteen’s main composer and coolest bassist.. Women with few words and cold demenour. So when Mina told how Jeongnam asked for Mina to hug her, kissed her, and sometimes cling on her… Sana didn’t trust any of it. But now… somehow she could see it. Some of it at least.

 She was just spending one night with Jeongnam, yet she already could see different side of her. she saw Jeongnam’s fragile side, through her story about her father and Sharon. She got to see Jeongnam in her flustered state after being teased, and the most valuable side… her cute sleeping habit.

Sana was so eager to get to know more about Jeongnam, to be closer to Jeongnam. So she thought that sleep over, was the most effective way to get closer to Jeongnam.

 

“Jeongnam-ah.. if my dad happened to be busy with his job and left me alone, would you come here and have sleepover with me?”

“If neither your friend could, I don’t mind.”

“Really?? you promise???”

 

Jeongnam was a little bit startled and also scared with the amount of enthusiasm Sana showed. The girl even hovered her body across the table just to grab Jeongnam’s face and asked that question in such close proximity.

 

“S-sure.”

“Yeay!!!!” and Sana showered Jeongnam with kisses around her face.

“Oh my.. SANA.” Jeongnam forced Sana to stop her kisses and then said, “dim down your energy, please. I can’t keep up. I just woke up remember?”

“Ah… right. I’m sorry hihihi… just a bit too excited. Please continue your food.” Said Sana as she retrifed herself back to her seat. Oh don’t worry. Her smile still there.

 

And well, apparently Sana was too much into her own thought that she didn’t see Jeongnam let out a small smile and internally said to herself, “She is kinda cute I guess.”


Sana’s room

Jeongnam and Sana already finished their food and even freshen up their self. Now, they just laying around on Sana’s bed doing their own thing. Sana, replying texts from Mina who apparently knew that Jeongnam was the reason why Sana skipped class. While Jeongnam, was busy with her head… thinking about what happened last night.

 

Until she broke the silence.

 

“Hey, Sana.”

“Yes?” answered Sana as she immediately locked her phone to fully focus on Jeongnam.

“I’ve been thinking about what you said last night.”

“The promise?”

“No. after that.”

Sana was confused at first but then she remembered something, “Was it about the kiss?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.. is there anything wrong?”

“More like.. I want to make sure. Are you really okay with it? I-I mean.. are you going to be fine, if someone like me—who still didn’t have a clue about my feelings, kissing you—the person who have such pure feelings to me?”

“Are you perhaps worried that you might hurt me?”

“Something like that.”

“Hmm… how should I explain this.. okay. first, the kiss we shared on the day you asked me to wait for you, was the reason why I didn’t hesitate to wait for you.”

“Was i… that good?”  

 

Although Sana knew that Jeongnam was genuinely clueless, but that still managed to make Sana laugh out loud.  Which made Jeongnam internally regret it.

 

“Well, you’re not wrong. You are really a good kisser. But it’s not that. let’s just say your kiss had convinced me, that’s all I could say. I gave you the hint, and its your turn to figure it out.”

“sure… Is there anything else?”

“Oh yea. I realized that you’ve always wanted to kiss me but always hesitate and believe me I was so frustrated with that. so, that’s why I said to you that you can kiss me as many as you can. You don’t have to be afraid that you might make me feel used. Because I won’t feel like that.”

“Why won’t you? What if lust was the one who control me and theres no other feelings beside that.”

“Jeongnam. If it was just lust, you won’t hesistate. You won’t stop. You won’t even care whether you’d hurt me or not. But you did, right? Besides, you’re wrong about one thing…”

 

Sana suddenly rolled herself to face Jeongnam and with her face dangerously close to her, she said “My feeling for you isn’t as pure as you think it is, Jeongnam.”

“w-what do you mean by that?”

 

Jeongnam didn’t know where to look. Sana’s eyes gave different kind of stare that somehow make her feel weird, yet if she looked at Sana’s lips, she’d think something she shouldn’t think.

And apparently Sana noticed this. So the girl put her hand on Jeongnam’s face as she said

 

“If I told you that I kept yearning about the time we made out on the couch, will you kiss me now?”

“but your fathe—”

“He’s a sleep and I locked the door anyways.” Said Sana

“but i—"

“Ssh.. you’re thinking too hard, Jeongnam. You’re always thinking too hard. I’ll be fine. I promise.”

 

They shared a look, eye to eye as Jeongnam looked for some assurance. She still not sure about this since she really didn’t want to hurt her or make her feel like Jeongnam just using her. But then Sana gave a soft smile as she said,

“kiss me, please?”

 

Right after that question, Jeongnam immediately closed the gap and let loose. She kissed Sana without hesitation.

 

Little did Jeongnam know, Sana already knew. The way Jeongnam kissed her… it’s not how someone with lust would kiss. It’s more than that. it’s way gentle, way softer, and full of care. Everytime Jeongnam kissed her.. Sana always feels wanted and loved.

But sadly, Jeongnam was too busy with her thoughts and completely overlook that. Now all Sana could do, was hoping that Jeongnam will stop thinking too much and listen to her own heart instead.


KoTech Seoul Branch office, 6pm.

Sharon should’ve listen to Jihyo’s words. She is really not in the greatest condition to work. Gladly today wasn’t as hectic as usual. But still, she struggled to concentrate during the meeting and her pace was slower than usual. Despite she ate Jihyo’s soup and took some pain relief medicine, she still not feeling well.

She’s been scolded by so many people today. No… not because of work, but because her condition. Jihyo for the entire day, Mina when they happened to cross each other path on school cafeteria, even nayeon drop her professionalism and use her senior card as she asked Sharon to stop forcing herself and get some rest.

But what she didn’t expect was Jeongnam. Around 40 minutes ago, she got a call from Jeongnam. Since it was rare for the girl to call, Sharon immediately picked it up and immediately greeted by an insult “Did you leave your brain back in US or something? Because what the are you doing in your Office right now, drunkhead?”  that was what Jeongnam said. Didn’t say hi or any other opener. Immediately insulted her.

Fortunately, the phone call didn’t turn into a fierce argument nor fight like usual. Sharon knew she was wrong and wasn’t suppose to act like this, so she just accept everyone’s wrath without trying to defended herself.

And now, she was actually resting as she lying on the sofa while waiting for Jihyo to come. Oh that was part of the deal between her and Jihyo. Jihyo would allow Sharon to go to school and work, only if Jihyo were the one who drive. Sharon tried to decline that idea because she didn’t want to bother Jihyo who also have her shift today. But probably due to her not feeling in her 100% fitness, Sharon kept losing all her debates.

 

Just then,

*Knock* *knock*

 

Sharon didn’t expect any of her co-workers will be the one who knocked because most of her team already went home at this time. So, Sharon just said, “Come in.” while she still on the sofa.

 

“Wow. The dedication of KoTech's future CEO. Sleeping in her room while she's struggling with hangover.”

 

That, wasn’t the voice Sharon expected to be here right now. It wasn’t Jihyo nor her co-worker. Its Jeongnam… her sister that hates her with passion.

 

“Jeongnam? Why are you here?”

“Just want to take my car. I don’t think you’re capable enough to drive it.”

“well, you have to wait then.. it’s not here.”

“what? What do you mean it’s not here?”

 

 Jeongnam expected her car would be parked on the building’s parking area. But apparently, she was wrong.

 

“The car is in Jihyo. She’s the one who drive me throughout the day.”

“Wait… So, Jihyo drove you to school and here?”

“Yes.”

Jeongnam let out a sigh and said, “If drinking alcohol made you as burdensome as this, just stay away from it for the rest of your life please. You’re such an embarrassment.”

“In my defense, I want to drive by myse—”

“and that’s not even better. Well whatever. Just shut up and rest there.”

 

At first Sharon believed Jeongnam’s reason, that she was there because she worried about her car that Sharon borrowed.. But the dumbfounded and surprised face Jeongnam made when Sharon told her that she wasn’t even drive the care for the entire day, made Sharon sure that the first reason, was just an excuse—a lie.

 

“Thank you Jeongnam.”

“No need. I’m not here for you.”

“still, thank you for your concern.”

“whatever.”

 

Jeongnam then sat on an armchair beside Sharon’s long sofa, waiting for Jihyo to come. And those two, just wait in silence.

 

The truth is, Sharon felt a bit emotional right now. Probably still have slight after effect from last night. But the fact that Jeongnam, her sister who incredibly hates her, willing to go here from their home, just because she was worried with Sharon’s condition. Since yesterday, Jeongnam had been unpredictable. The way Jeongnam apologized for what she said to her, how Jeongnam let Sharon called her with ‘Nami-chan’ for the entire night, and now this.

Then she remembered her promised to Jihyo that she will try to talk to Jeongnam and fix their situation. So, since it’s rare for them to be together like this, Sharon decided to use this as an attempt to have a talk with Jeongnam. Ignoring the uncomfortable feeling inside her head.

 

“hey Jeongnam, can we talk?”

“about what?”

“us?”

“No. do it some other time.”

“but we—”

“Today was a good day for me. I don’t want that conversation you were trying to bring, ruin my day. So no.” Said Jeongnam.

“Okay, fine. Bu do you really want us to talk sometime?”

“fine. Now stop talking and just sleep instead.”

 

Just with that, Sharon finally closed her eyes and waited for Jihyo to come and drive them back home. Sharon might physically in pain today, but with Jihyo’s constant care, the attention her sisters and even Nayeon gave her… somehow the pain was worth it. Especially that she got to witness that apparently Jeongnam still care for her. Even though she tried her best not to show it.



Author's note:

hello everyone! i'm back!! 
As always, I'm grateful and thankful to all of you who's been reading this story since the beginning until now. 

also, i want to inform you that i just made a ko-fi page.. I never intend to make money from this because i started writing this as a hobby. But if some of you want to support me, it'll be wonderful. If you can't, it's fine ^^

Anyways... what do you guys think about this chapter?? leave some of your thoughts in the comment bar~ (*psst i do love reading your comment! ^^)


love you guys