Chapter 5: Comfort and Nervous

Take Myoui Heart

J University, Monday, 13.20 pm

AUTHOR POV

Jihyo and Sharon finished their class few minutes ago and now they are in an outdoor table near their faculty. Usually at this hour they already prepared themselves to go home, but both of them decided to sit for awhile to discuss about their assignment—marketing strategy analysis assignment. Well both of them are going to be busy these days moreover Jihyo had shift at 3, so they decided to discuss it now.

Or at least that was what jihyo been doing.. Jihyo kept talking about few products that she thought have a really great marketing strategy. She keep spitting out the details about those product from a to z and tried to make Sharon convinced to take one of the examples as their assignment subject.

Meanwhile, Sharon wasn’t even paying attention to any words jihyo been spitting out. Sharon’s eyes looked to other place, brows frown, and she was thinking about something that not related to anything jihyo was talking. if not because of jihyo too engrossed on spilling her ideas, she probably will noticed that the only thing that with her now, is just sharon’s body. Not with sharon’s mind.

But once Jihyo lifted up her head from her note, there she finally noticed that throughout this time, Sharon didn’t pay attention to anything she was saying.

Instead of yelling at her or mad at Sharon, Jihyo closed her book and prompted herself a little bit forward, like she’s ready to hear anything Sharon wanted to share.

 

“Mind telling me what’s been bothering you?” asked Jihyo to sharon.

 

But Sharon didn’t even hear jihyo’s question, probably she’s too deep in her thought. Jihyo then let out a sigh and just flicked her fingers few time in front of Sharon’s face to wake her up.

 

“Hey sharoon.. earth too ms.myoui.” and that works.

“What? I’m sorry I kinda distracted. Where were we?” asked Sharon.

“Forget about this for a second. Tell me your problem instead.”

“Naah… no need. Let’s just continue discuss our assignment.”

“It can wait. But Sharon, you’ve been like this since morning. In class you were out of focus and not really drown into the discussion. You know you can tell me anything.”

 

Sharon exhaled her breath for a second and after that, she decided to spill out things that been bothering her since morning or more like since last night.

 

“Do you know that mina is in love with someone?”

“Yeah I do.”

“Really?!!! who?! Tell me tell me!” Sharon shook jihyo’s body back and forth, showing how eager she wanted that information.

“whoa.. calm down girl..you make me dizzy.” this time, Jihyo the one who hold Sharon’s body—trying to burn down that eagerness. “I know about it.. But I never confirmed it to mina. I just witness the moment when she secretly smitten over her crush.”

“Smitten?! Who is this girl?? Tell mee.”

“If she’s not telling you, then I can’t tell you either.”

“ooh.. come on jihyo-ya.. I thought I’m your friend..”

“You are. but mina is also my friend and it’s her secret. Not mine.. so I won’t say a thing..”

“No fun!” said Sharon as she gave jihyo a glare, disappointed with the way she acted.

 

“Why you wanted to know this much anyway.. it’s none of your business..” and that last statement, snapped Sharon again.

“none of my business you say? jihyo. I’m mina’s sister. And I have responsibility to take care and protect her. so of course I need to know about this.”

“Still.. Mina has rights to keep her love life as a secret and it called privacy.”

 

“Well. If you don’t want to tell me about it, then I’ll find it by myself.”

“Oh come on… what for Sharon?”

“I just want to know what kind of person she likes and if that person ain’t good enough I wi—“

“What? Ask Mina to stop liking her?” And jihyo got a nod from it

 

“Sharon.. I know how much you care about her but this is none of your business okay. let her love anyone she want to.”

“But what if she got hurt because of that person? Hm? I don’t want my little baby hurt by anyone.”

“well First of all.. you guys technically a SAME AGE and you just got the older sister role because you CAME OUT FIRST. So no need to treat mina like she’s your baby..” but before Sharon can even opened , Jihyo continue what she was going to say

“And the last one. in my opinion, mina will be fine. No need to worry about it.”

“and why is that?”

“The chance of Mina gets mutual feeling is actually huge and the girl is a nic—” and instead of ensuring and calming Sharon, what jihyo just said somehow made Sharon more and more shocked

 

“What?! so you think this girl love mina too?! who! Tell me jihyo! I need to know! how dare she has that kind of feeling to my little baby! Na-ah! I need to know who this girl is!”

“Sharon.. calm do—“

“NO! jihyo! no! I have to make sure that this girl, is right for mina. I mean she has to know how to protect mina, how to take care mina, how to make mina happy and if that girl ca—“

“hey hey calm down.. calm down.. that girl is capable doing those. chill.”

“Oh yea? I don’t trust you.”

“Okay that hurts me.”

“D-don’t take it that way. I’m sorry.. it just.. I have to see it by myself.”

 

Jihyo just sigh after seeing how stubborn Sharon is. Well Sharon is a logical person and never act without thinking straight. But if its about her sisters, especially mina, she will do everything. Everything and make sure that only good things happen to mina. It’s really wonderful but sometimes.. she went overboard and yea it’s awful for mina.

Jihyo know this because she’s been with the whole triplets since they were just a kid. The perks of it, Jihyo witnessed how protective Sharon and Jeongnam could get whenever something regarding to mina. How they’ll fight anyone who bullied or anyone who accidently pushed mina, even they pay attention to anyone who tried to get close to mina. many of them of course got scared upon these two and that also the reason why mina only has a handful of friends.

These past 7 years mina could away from sharon’s over protective side and she just stuck with Jeongnam’s. But now, since Sharon already comeback and probably will stay forever here, jihyo sure mina will be locked by her two sisters over protective self and of course it’s not good for mina. but what can jihyo do.. both Sharon and jeongnam is stubborn for this kind of matter.

 

“Whatever.. just don’t went overboard okay? think about mina’s happiness to.” Sharon nod at it

“Come on, let’s continue our talks. this time, I will focus. Promise.”

 

Jihyo then gave a smile and started to open her note again. this time, it’s not one way talking, it’s two way as Sharon also gave her opinion and thoughts about few things.

Actually, these two’s chemistry is no joke. Not just because of their longtime friendship. But somehow, it’s like they have one same mind. Well it’s not like they never have different opinion.. even right now both of them are arguing about few things. but the way that they being such an open minded and not being too stubborn with their own opinion, somehow they can settled the differences and agree with one thing. either it’s agree with one of their ideas, or a combination of both.

Call it bestie chemistry. But not all bestie can manage to work together this good right? but for both jihyo and Sharon, since they parted their way 7 years ago, finally this time, they felt like they found their long lost partner.

.

.

The discussion was running smoothly as now the already reach conclusion and job desk distribution.

 

“So you’re doing this part and I’ll analyze this one. and.. who’s going to sum everything?”

“why don’t we both do it together? In my house?”

“sure.. but you’re not busy? You told me that you have company thing to do this week?”

“well yea.. but I have nayeon eonni that help scheduling my activities so.. chill.”

“Oooh.. I wish I have personal assistance.”

“You’ve doing great without one tho.” said Sharon as she gave jihyo a smile.

“Not really.. but yeah.. I think I managed myself well.”

“I swear you’ll be a succe—“

 

“Excuse me.. M-myoui-ssi?”

 

Sharon and Jihyo’s conversation suddenly stopped because of a stranger—that’s what Sharon think, greeted her. it was a girl, a pretty one actually and she was acted all shy in front of Sharon. Judging by her gesture, Sharon kind of understand what actually this girl want.

 

“Yes that’s me.” said Sharon

“Eum.. I’m just wondering if you have time tomorrow? like after class maybe?”

“I’m sorry. My schedule is packed.”

“O-oh.. i-it’s okay.. how about Friday? Or weekend?

“I’m sorry to ask this but why do you keep asking about my schedule? Are you perhaps.. asking me for a date?”

“y-yeah.. something like that.”

 

a smile appeared on sharon’s face. but jihyo knows well that kind of smile isn’t pure one. it’s Sharon obligatory smile that of course.. Came out whenever she want to do something mean.

 

“Look here missy. I don’t know who you are, but you know who I am right?” the girl nod

“So if you already know who I am, you of course know how busy I am and I don’t have time for.. this kind of thing..”

 

Jihyo could see how hurt the girl is by the way Sharon rejected her invitation and this made Jihyo kicked sharon’s feet beneath the table, a sign for being a little bit nicer. Although it hurts, Sharon got the sign that jihyo tried to send.

 

“Miss.. whoever you are, If you have many spare time until you can ask me to go on a date or something.. why don’t you use it for something more useful? I don’t know maybe like studying or.. try to find some part time job? Because I don’t have interest on such useless thing so.. sorry.” Said Sharon, still with the same obligatory smile.

“W-we can reschedule or—“ the stubbornness made Sharon a little bit annoyed and she revered herself not to roll her eyes in front of the girl. Because she’s reaching that stage now.

“Look. I don’t mean to hurt you, but i’m very busy and not interested okay? Please understand that. Now, can you please leave? You are interrupting our discussion so, bye?”

 

After hearing such reaction from Sharon, the girl quickly throw a big bow and then ran away from sharon’s sight. Soon after the poor girl away from them, jihyo hit Sharon’s arm lightly and scold her.

 

“Yah! No need to be that harsh.”

“What do you mean? I smiled and said it nicely.. I said sorry too, didn’t I?”

“Well yea.. but you don’t look like you even mean it.”

“It’s her fault. I already told her I don’t have time.”

“Yea yea sure. But next time do it more nicely and more sincerely.”

“Yes mother…” said Sharon but then she let out a sigh and said, “Damn. It’s hard to be pretty.”

“Ew.. you so full of yourself..” Sharon just gave a wide smile and wiped her long black hair with her right hand.

 

“But why you reject that girl tho? she’s okay.. I think?”

“Nah.. she’s average. Beside.. I don’t have time to date okay and you heard me right? I’m not interested.”

“So.. you.. never been in one before?” and jihyo got a firm nod from Sharon.

“Then why are you concern about mina’s love life while you don’t even have one or even experience it?” and jihyo got a frowned face, showing confusion from Sharon.

“Well Instead of thinking about mina’s love life, why don’t you think about yours? I mean you considered mina as your little sister and even treat her like a baby. Yet she’s the ‘mature’ one and already found her love. Yet you?” jihyo ended her question with a scoff.

 

That actually made Sharon let out a cynical laugh. Like she’s mocking at jihyo’s question. Meanwhile jihyo just gave Sharon a smirk, ready to hear any kind of lame excuses from her.

 

“Listen ms.park, I’m myoui Sharon and I’m going to inherit one of the biggest company in the country and you ask me to think about my love life? Do I look like I have time for that? pshh..”

“Well.. Your parents married with each other although your father was busy as hell, right?” that question made Sharon taken aback and her confidence suddenly decreased.

“W-well.. they met when my dad already in an okay condition. B-but now, I’m not at that level so.. yea. don’t have time for that.”

“Yea sure..” Said Jihyo with a smirk.

 

But then suddenly the atmosphere changed from playful into somewhat serious as Sharon’s face looked towards Jihyo with such intense gaze. Not like a sharp gaze.. just she looked right into Jihyo’s eyes and said,

 

 “To be honest. I never think about date, fell in love, or even marriage.” She paused a bit and then said something that brushed out the smirk out of Jihyo’s face,

“But if I had to do it, I think I just want to do it with you.”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

“M-me? y-you’re kidding right?”

“no. really.. it just I don’t know. I never and probably can’t imagine being close with anyone else except you? But oh well you’re busy, I’m busy.. why we have to think something like this right? hahaha.”

“Y-yeah.. right… hahaha..”

 

Without both even know and realized, that short serious talk was actually itching their heart.

 

“S-So! when will we sum up everything?” asked Jihyo suddenly, trying to get rid of the weird vibe.

“You are busier than me.. I’ll follow your schedule.” Said Jihyo

“I will always free for you.”

 

*THUMP THUMP*

 

“Ew.. W-what’s with that mushy remarks.. stop lying gee..” and Sharon laugh at it completely entertained by how jihyo reacted towards it.

“Fine fine. Saturday in my house then?” and Sharon got a nod for it.

“Okay it’s settled then. oh! look! It’s near your working hour. come on let’s clean up and leave.” Said Sharon.

 

Both of them started cleaned up their things and ready to leave. It’s already like a usual thing that both jihyo and Sharon will go home from campus together. After their class end, they’ll fetch mina and after that Sharon will drop jihyo in soul café or HO! Bakery, another place where jihyo hired as a part time employee there.

 

“Let’s fetch mina and go to your café now. shall we?”

“Sure.”

 

And both Sharon and jihyo walked side by side towards cafeteria where mina usually waits.


Myoui House, 18.00 pm

At this hour, the Myoui’s house is packed with people. Well.. not really that packed but they got few guests right now. the whole sixteen band is here and currently practicing in the band studio. Meanwhile Mina and Sharon just busy with their own thing. Mina in kitchen, preparing for huge dinner and Sharon busy inside the used to be mr.myoui working space. She’s currently doing her marketing assignment while her air pod was on the line with nayeon-who’s explaining her about tomorrow schedule.

 

“Wait, so tomorrow I’ll have meeting since morning? can’t you reschedule it please miss im?” said Sharon while her hands still typing words for her assignment.

“I’m afraid we can’t miss Sharon we already have a fixed schedule from two morning meeting, lunch appointment and also few meetings with prominent new partner.”

“Then it means I have to skip my class?”

“Yes miss.”

“So.. I have a short morning meeting with Korea branch’s B of D followed by a meeting with marketing division, then lunch appointment with city governor representative and then went back to office to meet few prominent new partners. Right?”

“Yes, miss Sharon. Those are your schedule tomorrow.”

“Alright.. thank you for the information.”

“Your welcome miss.. Oh I almost forgot. The chauffer will be at your house approximately at 8 o’clock.”

“Okay. make sure he won’t be late any minute than that, miss im.”

“will do miss and do you need data for tomorrow meeting miss? I can send it to your email.”

“That will be helpful.. thank you.”

 

“Is there anything else that I could help, miss sharon?”

“Oh yes.. one more thing. Please clear schedule at Saturday. I’m going to finish my class assignment at that time.”

“Well noted miss. I’ll make sure you won’t have anything at that time.”

“Thank you so much, miss im.”

“I’m just doing my job miss..”

“still.. you’re a big help.” there’s a pause for few second and Sharon turn off her professionalism mode into caring friend. Although Sharon not really the type who can be over friendly with someone new, somehow nayeon could break down that uneasiness with her social butterfly attitude.

 

“Nayeon eonni.. Rest well.” Hearing that nayeon let out a small laugh

“Rest well too sharon. See you tomorrow.”

 

After the line was cut, Sharon took off her air pod and automatically threw her body to the chair. Completely stressed out after hearing those information. Last Saturday was the beginning of her busy days that she usually had back when she still in US. although after schedule in Incheon she had 2 days of rest time, but it all just a calm before a storm. Which starts tomorrow.

Sharon actually already know prior to her schedule for the whole week, Nayeon sent her right after her schedule in Incheon finished. And these 2 days were indeed a calm before a storm because this whole week, sharon’s schedule is packed. Either for meeting with other company owner, meeting with some division in office, or attend some event to represent as KoTech industries representative.

It’s not like Sharon has a particular position or title in the company… but she has some authority that hold the same power as a head of the branch. The same power, also follow through the same responsibility. So of course, Sharon will be as busy as them. Moreover, both her grandfather and her father really looking forward to every single thing she does with the company. As the prominent candidate for the next person who’ll lead the whole KoTech industries stock, she has to do her best and not just convinced them, but also the board of directors and the company’s partner.

 

“Okay.. no time for rest.. let’s get this done. One by one.” Sharon stretched her body and after she felt all her body relax a bit, she started typing again. continue doing her assignment.

 

*Knock knock*

 

Hearing that knock, at first Sharon wanted to scold anyone who did that but once she turned around and saw Mina on the door with ray on her arms, Sharon didn’t dare to scold. Instead, she just smiled and listen to what mina wanted to say

“I’m sorry I disturbed you.. But I just want to tell you that I’m going out for a bit. Need to go to convenient store.”

“oh okay. with whom you will go then?” instead of talking, mina just showed Sharon their puppy that already in leash.

“Just with Ray? Okay wait, I’ll accompany you.”

“No need Sharon.. you’re busy. I can go by myself.”

“But I—“

“Sharon, I’m 20 years old now and we both know that we practically in the same age right?” hearing this, Sharon then gave up and just let her go.

“Fine.. be careful okay.”

After Mina left with ray, Sharon decided to focus on her work again. Well she has few assignments from her classes and also she needs to read the data the meeting tomorrow. so if she doesn’t use all the time she has effectively, things would be chaos..

Until few minutes after that, another knock came in and it made Sharon again paused her work. Once she turned around to see the person who knocked on the door, there stood jeongnam with hands crossed on her front while she leaned her side body on the door frame.

 

“Where’s mina?”

“She went to convenient store to buy something..”

“alone?” Sharon not at it and said,

“I wanted to accompany her but she refused. Ray also with her.” Jeongnam just nod upon hearing that.

 

“You finished your practice?”

“just taking short break.” And this time sharon the one who nod.

 

“So, you just want to ask about mina’s where about or.. you need something else?” asked sharon.

“Do you have information about mina’s girl?” asked Jeongnam.

“No.. not at all. I asked to jihyo about it.. Jihyo said she might know about the girl, but she hasn’t confirm it to mina and she also refused on telling me about it.” then she asked the same question to jeongnam and yet.. she got the same answer.

“I asked few people who knew mina. my bandmates, and few of her dance crew members. but none of them know about it.”

“Not even a single person? How about momo? isn’t she mina’s best friends?”

“Momo doesn’t even know about it.”

“really?? maybe she just pretends? You know, to cover up her best friend’s secret.”

“Oh… right.. she probably did that. but i think it’ll be hard to persuade her to talk. Momo is a good secret keeper so. I don’t know who else I should ask.”

 

Both Sharon and jeongnam drown on their own thoughts for few seconds, trying to find either a clue, or someone who might know mina’s secret. Until suddenly, Sharon got an idea on whom people that might know about mina’s secret.

 

“How about sana?”

“What about her?”

“Have you asked her? Sana is also close with mina right? so she might know about it.”

“well.. I haven’t asked her.”

“then asked her about it.”

“Why me?”

“why not?”

 

Jeongnam thought that Sharon just trying to , since she usually saw how sana being all clingy and touchy towards her. but no, Sharon was serious with what she just said and this made jeongnam kinda nervous yet she tried to hide it with a heavy sigh

 

“We’re we’re not close..”

“but you guys look close to me and she seems has a thing for you.” and that made Jeongnam blushed

 “S-shut up. she’s not into me. We’re just a mere acquaintance okay.. So the chance she will keep shut is big.”

“Still.. if you compared it with my relation with her, you’re closer with her than me.”

 

 Jeongnam just stared at Sharon, contemplating whether she should talk about it to sana or not because although sana might know about it, but the fact that she has to talk to sana.. somehow it makes her hesitance.

 

“Come on jeongnam.. for mina.” and that made jeongnam let out another sigh

“fine. I’ll talk to her.”

“Good then. meanwhile I’ll tried to make jihyo talk.. Although it’s just her assumptions, but still it could be a lead right?” Jeongnam nod her head.

 

“Need anything else? If not, I got things to finish here so...” Jeongnam tilted her head a bit, trying to look at the desk in front of Sharon and irritation suddenly filled Jeongnam.

Jeongnam rolled her eyes and then she stood straight and wanted to go back to the studio upstairs.

“Tsk. You think you’re the only one who’s busy.”

“Hey I don’t mean like th—“

“No need to say anything. I came here just to talk about mina that’s all."

 

Sharon decided to ignore the cold words from jeongnam and just let her go back to the studio. But then Sharon suddenly remembered about her busy schedule this week, so she called Jeongnam back “Hey jeongnam wait! I forgot to ask you something.” and because of it, Sharon got a grunt from her sister.

 

“What else..” protested Jeongnam.

“Can you please do me some favor?”

“If it’s not about mina, I’m out.”

“Well it is about mina..” Sharon paused a bit, waiting for Jeongnam responds. But instead of say something, Jeongnam just showed her attention with her act. She’s facing towards Sharon and her face showed a little bit interest.

 

“You See.. last Saturday marked as the beginning of my—“  Jeongnam let out another grunt because Sharon wasn’t straight to the point and somehow it irritated her.

“Just straight to the point gee.. I don’t need the prelude.”

“Okay then. To make it short, can you drive mina for her morning classes this week?”

“why not you?” asked Jeongnam

“I’m busy. This whole week I have so many meeting schedule, attending some eve—“

“Aah right.. You’re going to be a CEO and you got a really busy schedule. I totally forget about that.” Jeongnam quickly cut Sharon’s explanation after hearing that Sharon is going to do her job again. But she didn’t stop there.

“Well don’t worry, you just focus on your job while I’m going to take care mina like usual. No need to worry.” Tho jeongnam let out a smile, but sharon know.. that smile isn’t genuine and full of sarcasm.

 

“Okay what’s with the sarcastic tone?”

“Sarcastic? me? I just forgot that you have this ambition of being KoTech CEO. I’m not being sarcastic.”

“Really? but the way you said it, seems like you dislike what I did.”

“Dislike what? the fact that you tried to make a good impression to our whole family by doing a great job at work? Or how you tried to be grandpa’s favorite with boosting your capability, maturity and such? Or how you ditch everything for your ambition, including your sisters?”

“Wow. Hold up. Me, ditching you and mina? what kind of nons—“

“Good luck for tomorrow and good night.” And jeongnam just left after again, cutting Sharon’s words before she could even finished it.

 

“Hey wait! I’m not done!” said Sharon as she tried to follow Jeongnam towards the stairs.

“But I am.”

“Myoui Jeongnam stop right there and lis—” after that yell, Jeongnam who already half way of the stairs stopped and  

“oh god can you just shut up?!” yelled Jeongnam who already half way of the stairs.

“I don’t want to hear anything from you okay. And don’t think we’re good just because i agreed that we could find mina’s mystery girl together.” Said Jeongnam with a really cold tone that stabbed Sharon’s heart.

“What actually your problem with me huh? are you still mad because I left to US? or is there something else I did that hurt you? come on jeongnam. Let’s fix this maturely.”

“Sorry. Not interested.” Sharon let out a sigh after that

“But we promised mina to finish and fix things between us.”

“You know what? instead of doing such useless and time consuming thing like that, why don’t you just go back to anything you were doing earlier and just finish you work? You’re busy, I’m busy. So let’s just do this another time.”

 

And jeongnam climbed up the stairs and left Sharon all alone in the living room with her really messed up mind.

God.. how can we fix things if she never want to talk..


Sharon’s bed room, Saturday 20.35pm

Sharon is now with jihyo in sharon’s bedroom, finishing their marketing class assignment together. They actually been doing this assignment since morning but it was cut half way because Jihyo’s manager suddenly called her and wanted her to come to café. It was really urgent because the café was filled with people yet two of the employee couldn’t come. So the manager ask jihyo who actually can’t turn down the offer. Besides, she got bonus because of it so not really that bad.

They been here for almost two hours right after Jihyo finished her shift. And actually they nearly finished everything yet currently, jihyo still re-read the whole paper, trying to do some last checking before gave a finishing touch. Well the two agreed on doing separate things that will be compiled together so Jihyo just wanna make sure that both separate things actually coherent and in line with another.

Jihyo not doing it by herself of course. Sharon also doing that by seating close to Jihyo, head on her shoulder and eyes locked to the laptop. You can call them perfectionist but not really. these two just being careful with what they are working on and just want the best result from it. so.. double checking is a must for them.

Look at the bright side. After double checking, somehow Jihyo found something off with their analysist and there’s an urge to make it better.

 

“You think this is good enough?” asked jihyo and Sharon just gave her a hums. With eyes still focused on the screen, jihyo kinda frowned a bit since truthfully she still feels the work lacks of something.

“really? shouldn’t we need to add another theory? I mean it’ll coverage a broader aspects right?” again another hum came from Sharon.

 

Jihyo felt somehow weird with sharon’s way of answering her questions. Sharon never just say yes or no during a discussion without stating the reason behind it. so this made Jihyo took out her focus from the screen, and peeked to her shoulder—where Sharon laid her head on. and to her surprise, the only thing she found, is a sleeping Sharon.

Both sharon’s eyes were tightly closed and a shallow breathe came out from her. just by looking at it, jihyo sure that Sharon completely exhausted. This exhaustion from her, it all because of the packed schedule she had. These days, she’ll be working from morning until night and instead of sleeping, sometimes she use the time to finish her assignments. Although she always went home around 10 at night, Sharon will always spent extra time to do all her class assignment. Balancing her work and academic is sure such a handful thing for Sharon. And yes.. exhaustion is one of the bad result the hard works could give.

Jihyo might be doing what Sharon been doing—studying while working. But if she can compare her work with Sharon, it’s not really compareable. Sharon sometimes need to go from one location to another, one office to another or one event to another just for the sake to meet other business partner. She needs to deal with several meeting and stress is the only thing jihyo could imagine. So right now, the only thing jihyo could do, is staring at the peaceful sleeping figure with a soft proud smile towards her.

Jihyo then decided to let Sharon rest on her shoulder while she tried to finish the assignment. Well while jihyo’s at work, Sharon also followed to the café and sat there—waiting for jihyo to finish her shift. And in that time, Sharon was actually doing the editing for their works. So yes.. Jihyo knew that Sharon been doing so many things for this assignment.. she need to rest and it’s time for her to do her part.

.

.

An hour had passed and apparently, Jihyo finished the assignment. She even made the slide show for the presentation too. although it just a simple one. Meanwhile Sharon is still peacefully sleeping on jihyo’s shoulder. It’s a calming view.. but since it’s already late and jihyo needs to go home.

Since jihyo didn’t want to wake her up, she then tried slowly get out from that position. Jihyo slowly lifted sharon’s head off her shoulder, tried not to make sudden move so it won’t woke her up. But Sharon is a light sleeper and once her position being ‘disturbed’, she’ll definitely wake up.  Jihyo let out a silent gasped when she saw Sharon lifted her own head by herself, since she know she just disturbed her rest.. but different reaction was given from Sharon

 

 “Oh gosh.. I oversleep.. sorry. What did I miss?” asked Sharon soon after she realized she overslept.

“W-well uh.. the assignment is finished..” the sleepy sharon opened her eyes wide as she shocked upon hearing that

“You did everything by yourself? Oh god.. I’m sorry..”

“hey no.. it’s okay. you did so much while I was busy in café right. no biggy.”

“Still you should have wake me up..”

“Sharon.. You’ve been lack of sleep these days. And I  don’t want you to collapse or sick because of it. So the wisest thing for me to do, was let you sleep.” said jihyo.

 

“But you know we can do the final checking again tomorrow.  I don’t have any shift so I still can come by.” Jihyo said that in attempt to make Sharon shook off the topics about letting jihyo work by herself.

“Aren’t you usually have morning shift every Sunday?” asked Sharon

“yes. but today sudden call made my manager decided to give me free from work tomorrow. so I’m free.”

“Okay.. we’ll do that tomorrow. together okay?”

With a smile, jihyo nod her head and said, “Sure. together.”

 

“Now now. off to bed. Continue your sleep.” With a really latent exhaustion, Sharon walked towards her bed and flopped on it.

“See you tomorr—“

“wait. You’re leaving?” asked sharon who’s now sat up on her bed

“Well.. yea? it’s late and I need to go home?”

“No. you’re staying the night.”

“Why? i.. never remember I said that tho?”

“yes you never said that. I’m the one who ask you to stay. so stay.”

“B-but I don’t bring my clothes and i—“

“Oh come on.. you can wear mine and jihyo. this ain’t a question. You have to stay.” Jihyo was froze in her spot when Sharon said that, contemplating whether she should stay or not and a little bit flustered from it.

“B-but Sharon i—“

“I need you..”

 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

 

What Sharon just said made jihyo surprised. But the way she looked at her, with the visible exhaustion mixed with stressed, somehow those words that she just said clearly shown how vulnerable she’s now. although she still feel nervous, jihyo decided to give up and stay in.

 

“O-okay.. I’ll stay..” Sharon then let out a sloppy smile and then went to her sleeping position. but then Jihyo stood and wanted to leave the room. this of course made Sharon shocked.

“Jihyo.. Where are you going? you said you’ll stay.” said Sharon

“I-I am.. I am. I just uh.. need to change my clothes first.. your dressing room is downstairs right?”

“Dress for go out yes. but my sleepwear and t-shirts are there.” said Sharon as she pointed her small cupboard.

“w-well.. I uh.. just need to grab some water.”

“fine.. just don’t dare to run back to your home. And don’t take your time.” Jihyo then nod and went outside.

 

Well actually, Jihyo lied. She want to get out because she need to calm her furious heart beats and prepare herself. she didn’t know why the thought of sleeping together with Sharon made her nervous yet back then its a common thing for her to do sleep over with Sharon.

It’s just a normal sleepover jihyo. calm down.

.

.

Few minutes after that

Now Jihyo already changed her clothes and on the bed beside Sharon. She made sure she keep a moderate distance from Sharon but well.. the exhausted Sharon somehow always demand closeness.

 

“Why so distance.. come closer.” Hearing that jihyo made a move just a little bit from her current place.

“Closer..”

 

again she took small movement and actually this drive Sharon crazy since she’s already sleepy and really need the comfort from jihyo. so in the end, Sharon the one who came closer, by closer it means she hugged Jihyo and made the girl froze on the spot.

 

“W-why you act this way suddenly..” said Jihyo

“You’re comfy. so deal with it.” And that zipped jihyo’s mouth.

 

Jihyo was laying on her back—facing the ceiling, and eyes still wide awake. Meanwhile Sharon beside her, face near Jihyo’s neck, arms around jihyo’s body, and eyes already closed. Sharon probably already in her sleep yet it’s still long way to go for jihyo. first she’s not sleepy and second the current condition made her can’t sleep. the warm breath of Sharon that she can feel on her neck, Sharon rosy scent.. somehow it surrounding Jihyo’s mind and she can’t sleep at all.

 

“Jihyo.” Jihyo nearly jumped when Sharon suddenly called her name in the middle of silence.

“god.. you startled me..”

“Relax…”

“I thought you were asleep okay..” there’s few second of silence after that until Sharon again the one who broke it.

 

“you know the fact that I’m the oldest and also the heirs of my family company I need to be strong right?” asked Sharon

“strong like what?”

“like not easily got stress or feeling down etc. etc…”

“somehow yes. you right..” but then again, silence..

 

Sharon suddenly didn’t say anything and this made jihyo who was looking at the ceiling decided to turn around and facing Sharon. Sharon who felt the sudden movement the opened her eyes and there, their eyes met with each other.

 

“earlier you said you need me. Something bothers you?” asked Jihyo

“What if I can’t be strong by myself? What if.. what if I need others to strengthen me?”

“Sharon.. Every CEO always has assistance right? what do you think they do?”

“help the ceo?”

“and does that makes the ceo’s power and authority decreased?” Sharon shook her head.

“see.. it’s okay to need others to help you. Even superheroes have sidekick right?”

“true but what if they end up breaking me?”

“Then, seek help from people you trust. People who you think could bring the best in you, prevent bad things to happen to you, strengthen every potential in you, support you when you nearly fall, and cure you when you fell.” Sharon nod at what jihyo just said and that made the latter smile.

 

“So, it’s okay for me to rely on you? run to you whenever I need your help?”

“Yes Sharon, anytime you need my help, I’ll try my best.” after hearing jihyo said that, instead of saying something, Sharon pulled jihyo closer to herself and hug her tight.

 

“s-sharon? y-you okay?”

“I’m okay.. just hug me please.. your hug always calms me.” Jihyo know she can’t really understand what Sharon been through but jihyo surely know it’s hard. so she decided to forget the weird feeling inside her chest and circled her arms around Sharon.

“Thank you..” said Sharon as she felt jihyo’s arm.

“Now.. Sleep tight, Sharon.” Whispered Jihyo.


Wednesday, few days after that 11.20

Jeongnam’s class was ended early and now she’s ready to ride her bike back home. Today Sharon the one who ride the car with mina so Jeongnam ride her bike by herself. But before she went to the parking lot, she decided to go to the cafeteria first.

Once she arrived at the cafeteria, like usual, all eyes went towards her. trying to greet her but of course, the cool jeongnam just walk passed by. Well all of them should know that Jeongnam couldn’t hear them know since she’s wearing headphone now. yet still.. they tried to appeal in front of her. But then the cold jeongnam stopped her walk as she saw some girl sitting in one of the table, surrounded with few girls that jeongnam doesn’t recognized.

Usually, jeongnam will ignored her. But due to what she promised with Sharon, jeongnam wanted to approach her. well the girl is sana. The girl that according to Sharon is perhaps the prominent key for Mina’s mystery girl identitiy. so jeongnam has to approach her and asked her about mina’s girl. Yet again, she’s contemplating whether she should ask her or not..

it’s nearly a week after she promised Sharon to ask Sana about the clue yet she never did it until now. Well Sana is hard to deal either for her clinginess, her uniqueness and most importantly her flirt. Jeongnam can’t stand of it. But for mina’s sake, Jeongnam then forget every annoying part, also forget her plan to buy some snacks and then she walked towards sana’s table.

 

“Oh? Jeongnam-ah~” Sana greeted her, soon after she saw Jeongnam came near her table. Although actually she’s still few step apart from the table. Sana then ran towards Jeongnam, ditching her friends and just greeted her with a hug

“Get off.. people are watching.”

“it’s good then so they know that you’re mine.” Jeongnam rolled her eyes due to that. but she need to hold on. again.. for the sake of knowing mina’s mystery girl.

“Where’s mina?’

“She’s on contemporary dance class which I don’t take it.”

“so eum.. can we talk for a second?”

“well we can do more than that.”

“Ew don’t give me that kind of look. I mean seriously. I need to talk to you. there’s something I want to ask..” sana let go her hug and gasped dramatically after hearing jeongnam said that

“Are you.. are you going to confess??”

“what? no. of course not. Ugh you talk too much. Just follow me.” Jeongnam then grabbed Sana’s hand and dragged her out from the cafeteria towards the back of the building.


Back of the building

Jeongnam looked to her surrounding, make sure no one is there and this gesture made Sana confused.

 

“Okay.. You’re suspicious.. what you want to talk about?” asked Sana

“I’ll just straight to the point. You do know that mina is in love right?” With a smile sana nod

“Then you know who the girl is?”

“aah.. I know where this talk heading to.. I won’t tell you.”

“Oh come on.. p-please?”

“You begging like that, is cute. but Jeongnam… it’s mina’s secret okay.. I can’t” Sana could see that Jeongnam is annoyed by what she just said. but it’s cute. Sulking Jeongnam is always cute in sana’s eyes. although others might scared upon it.

 

“Why she preferred to tell it to you, yet she kept this secret from me?”

“Firstly, she never told me okay. I just caught her not being subtle. I asked and well you know the power that I held and then she finally open .”

“can you tell me please? or just.. maybe a hint?” sana know jeongnam won’t back up from this so an idea that could make jeongnam hesitance popped up in sana’s mind.

 

“Fine. I’ll give you a hint.” Said sana as she let out a smirk too. and jeongnam knew, this ain’t gonna be good for her

“But on one condition..”

“and what is that?”

“You have to kiss me first. The longer, the stronger the hint you’ll get.”

“Ugh.. I know you’ll do this. no. no in billion years.” Said Jeongnam

“then.. our business here is done.”

 

Sana then walked passed jeongnam and wanted to go back to the cafeteria. But the panic jeongnam suddenly held her hand and stopped sana

 

“wait okay. eum.. how about I’ll buy you dinner?”

“It’s sweet. But still no.”

“oh come on… it’s not even equal okay.”

“whoa. Wait. A kiss is worth over billion won okay. well if you don’t want to do it, fine. It’s your loss not mine~”

 

The way sana gave her a wink and mischievous smile made jeongnam somehow irritated. But the thoughts of kissing sana, is not just disturbing her but also made her nervous. Don’t know why. just nervous.

But then.. again.. for the sake of knowing mina’s girl identity, jeongnam need to do this. she took a huge breath and once she’s calm, she said,

 

 “Fine. But promise me you’ll tell okay?”

“sure!” A huge grin appeared on sana’s face hearing that.

“Remember, the longer you kiss the stronger you got your hints.” Jeongnam nod her head.

 

She then just stay silent. Looking at sana’s face for few second. Sana was actually calm, but it didn’t stay long after jeongnam looking straight to her eyes. The confidence suddenly turned to nervous and her heart beating fast.

 

“s-so.. are you just going to stare me like that o-or yo—“

 

Then suddenly, things that Sana didn’t aspect happened. A soft thing suddenly touched her. Not on her cheek, not on her forehead.. but on her lips.. and yes.. jeongnam actually kiss her. on the lips.

Sana was shocked and she can’t even move. She just stood there and her mind went blank. The only thing inside her head, is just how soft jeongnam lips are and how it taste just like jeongnam’s favorite beverage—americano.

The kiss stayed for around 10 second or maybe more. Until Jeongnam let go the kiss and step back. and the flustered plus panic sana appeared.

 

“W-why.. why did you do that??”

“y-you the one who asked it.”

“Y-yeah! b-but but..not on the lips..” the way sana looked right now, red face and how she kept covered her lips with her hand, jeongnam know she made a mistake.

 

“Don’t look at me like that okay. it’s your fault for not being specific.”

“It’s my fault? you’re the one who eagerly wanted to know your sister’s secret.”

“And you’re the one who suggest that idea!”

“Yes! because I know you will never did it and you… y-you can kiss me on the cheek, forehead or other place.”

 

 Yes.. jeongnam surely cursing herself on her head for misinterpreted what sana meant. But it’s jeongnam. It’s hard for her to admit her own mistake and then she tried so hard to cover it up.

 

“Ugh come on. don’t act so shocked like that. It’s not like it’s your first kiss or something.”

“Yes it’s not but.. still it-it’s different.”

“It just a kiss.. It’s not that special and I did it for the hint anyways... so a deal is a deal. Tell me.” after jeongnam said that, somehow the look in sana’s eyes changed and jeongnam now.. what she just said just somehow hurt the girl

“I.. I don’t believe you just said that..” and then.. sana ran away. out from jeongnam sight.

 

“god..what should I do now..”



AUTHOR NOTES: 

YAHO I’M BACK~~

if you guys new with me, i actualy took my time for updating so.. please be patience with me keke~

so eum.. things started to get interesting here kekeke~ And well next chapter will be intresting too especially for jeongnam ^3^ so please anticipate for it!!!

Welp don’t forget to leave some feedback on the comment bar~ tho I rarely reply, but It means a lot for me ^^
And uh you can upvote or subscribe if you haven’t and oh! maybe if you want to talk to me, you can mention me on twitter @akkergo5 .. 

stream fancy and thank you for reading!!!   



 Kamsahamnida~