Chapter 9

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, care to tell me why our beloved ace isn’t here?”

“Well, she just received a news that her heart couldn’t handle.”

“I…have no idea what your metaphor--or poem--means, so just tell me.”

“Fine. She found out that her long time crush is actually our leader’s older sister. And the pain of knowing that someone you’re looking for was actually close to you…hurts her bad.”

“Oh, I’m sorry about that.”

“Don’t apologize, it’s not like you know about it.”

“Actually…” Handong hesitated before finally sighing in defeat. “I do know.”

“Uhm…what?” Roa had enough exclaiming when Yoohyeon told the story of her night with Minji that she couldn’t even process some big revelation immediately. 1…2…3… “WHAT?!”

“I don’t know if Yoohyeon told you this, but Jiu unnie and I are friends. Yoobin is Siyeon’s cousin, Siyeon is Sua unnie’s girlfriend, and Sua unnie is Jiu’s cousin. So, we’re all friends.”

“Then, why’d you hide it from her? You know how much she likes Minji--or Jiu--whatever.”

“We never--I never meant to--but Jiu unnie told us not to tell her about it.”

“What? I…don’t get it. Does she know who Yoohyeon is?”

“Look, I would love to tell you everything but I don’t want my friends and girlfriend to be disappointed in me. All you need to know is that…Kim Minji is a hopeless romantic, she believes in destiny and an airhead sometimes. So, forgive her if she hide it for too long.”

“So, what? Do you want me to just…take this information in and not tell Yoohyeon about it? Kim Yoohyeon, who is my bestest friend in the world, and who is inlove with your friend?”

“Yes. That’s what I’m saying.”

“You know I can’t do that, Handong.”

“Hearing it from Jiu unnie would be better.”

“And what about her relationship with Dahyun?”

“She doesn’t have a clue about anything. She didn’t know that Jiu unnie really knows Yoohyeon, and that Yoohyeon’s crush is actually Jiu unnie. So, tell her to forgive the kid.”

“You do know she’ll get mad at you for this, right?”

“I’ll deal with that when the time comes.”

“She’s scary when she’s mad.”

“Yeah…I figured.”

--

Roa doesn’t like her position right now. She was used to being surrounded by her flings, but not with the Kims staring at her like they’re boring holes in her head. She continued to look down at her food, ignoring the girls who’s silently asking her where Yoohyeon and Dahyun is.

“They had a fight.” Chuu broke the silence, and Roa wanted to hugged her tightly for helping her out. Thank you God for creating this angel…though she could have talked way earlier.

“What did they fight about?” Minjoo asked, worried for her unnies.

“It’s nothing serious, they’ll solve it without our interferance. Right, unnie?”

“O-Oh. Yes, ofcourse. Yoohyeon…Dahyun…yeah.” this time, the girls stared at her like she had done something horrendous. “I don’t want to spill something, okay? Now, stop asking.”

“We’re just worried.” Kimlip stated. “They’re both the kindest in our group, so it’s unusual.”

“It’s unfair we don’t know what’s going on when we’re a group--a family.” Chaewon said.

“I’m sorry.” Chuu apologized. “I know it’s not good to keep secrets between us but---”

“But it’s not ours to tell.” Roa finished with a serious tone. “They’ll tell everyone in the family when things aren’t a mess anymore. But right now, they both are. So, please wait.”

Minjoo reached her hand across the table to put it on top of her older sister’s, making Roa smiled gratefully. It’s only been a couple of days and she’s already feeling the burden. Those two should hurry and get themselves together. They’re the team’s oldest and leader, after all.

“We shouldn’t force unnie, Yooh unnie and Hyun unnie could get mad if she does tell us.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Chaewon agreed with her bestfriend with a sigh of defeat.

“Sorry, Minkyung unnie.” Kimlip apologize, and Roa chuckled.

“Stop, you’re making me feel bad.” she joked. “It’s fine. Every family gets into small fights, it’s nothing we can’t get pass. Well, if only that stupid puppy would hear the poor kid out.”

“Unnie!” Chuu called scoldedly. “Yoohyeon unnie isn’t stupid, she’s just…hurt. You can’t blame her if she acts like this after knowing something like that.” Roa nodded with a sigh.

“I know, you’re right. I’m sorry.”

“We need to stop arguing with each other right now.”

“Isn’t that an impossible task for you?” Kimlip said, making Chaewon glare.

“Don’t start.” she warned her older sister. “What I’m trying to say is, instead of sitting around and wait for them to forgive each other, we should help them get there sooner.”

“Wow. You…have point.” Chuu said in awe, but Chaewon wave it off.

“Yeah, that’s a good point. We should do that.” the sub-leader commanded.

--

Turns out, it was easier to say but harder to do. Yoohyeon were avoiding them all, except for Chuu, which makes their task of having her and Dahyun made up harder than it should be. She’s even avoiding her own bestfriend. Tsk, tsk… Roa thought as she shook her head.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. I’m fine, Jiwoo.”

“I’m sorry unnie’s avoiding you.”

“She’ll come around, just take care of her.”

“I will. Thank you for always looking out for my sister.”

“We’re bestfriend, it’s my duty.” Roa chuckled, sipping the coffee Chuu gave. “You know, I understand she’s shocked and hurt. But she should really listen to what others has to say.”

“I think being stubborn is a Kims’ trait, all of us got it.” Chuu shook her head fondly. “But like you said, she’ll come around. She can’t stay mad at Dahyun, and ignore Kim Minji.”

“I agree, we just have to wait then.” Roa took another sip. “How are you, by the way?”

“I’m fine, why’d you ask?”

“You and Yves seems to be getting closer everyday.”

“O-Oh…yeah.” she’s blushing…cute. “We go out on…friendly dates everday.”

“Friendly dates, huh?” Roa teased. “Whatever you say. I think she really likes y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter