Chapter 13

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon yawned for the nineteenth times, their English teacher is boring her with his opinion about romantic stories that…for Chaewon…isn’t really romantic, especially Romeo and Juliet. Sure, a lot thinks the story is romantic but it talks about suicide…and stupidity.

“And that’s why we’re going to perform Romeo and Juiiet.” could this get any worse?

“Uhm.” a hesitant voice spoke, gaining Chaewon’s attention cause she know who that is…

“Yes, Ms. Jang? Do you have anything else to say?” the teacher asked in a mean kind of way.

“I think the story is…overrated.” Chaewon secretly smiled. “It has been performed almost in every school across the world, when it’s not really a story that gave us a moral lesson.”

“Then, why don’t you direct the play instead? It seems like you know what you’re doing.”

“Uhm, no. I just wanted to share my opinion because there’s a lot of stories out there.”

“I know there’s a lot of stories out there but I want to direct Romeo and Juliet, Ms--”

“Then, why don’t you just act the play instead of forcing it on us?” Chaewon coolly interrupted, in the same manner the teacher did. “You’re the only one who wants it. ”

“Are you defending her opinion, Ms. Kim?”

“I’m defending everyone’s opinion, including my own.”

The teacher and Chaewon had an intense staring battle, with him glaring and the latter just stared at her with an uninterested expression. In the end, he scoffed and marched infront.

“Discuss what story you want to play and tell me tomorrow. Class dismissed!”

Everyone in the class thanked Chaewon, none of them really wants to play Romeo and Juliet, and the last one who did was Wonyoung. She shyly mumbled a thanks before running away. Chaewon could only chuckle as she watch the girl blushing along the way. Cute…she thought.

“And Chaewon saves the day!”

“What are you doing here, Minjoo?”

“I heard what you did from Yujin, she keeps me updated.” her bestfriend informed. “You subtly stood up for her, didn’t you? It’s rare for you to actually voice your opinion out.”

“if it was you, would you play Romeo and Juliet?”

“I would if Yujin is Romeo and I’m Juliet.”

“Well, I don’t. Like she said, it’s overrated. There’s a lot of stories we could act, that can give people moral lessons and that’s what we’re going with. Now, if you excuse me…”

“Where are you going?”

“To the cafeteria, it’s lunch break.”

--

News traveled fast. Before Minjoo could tell the other Kim members, they already know and is already teasing her about it. Ofcourse, the leader of teasing would be her own older sister.

“You know, you should have just agreed in the Romeo and Juliet play.” Kimlip stated. “That way you would be Romeo and Wonyoung would be Juliet, it’s perfect.” she added teasingly.

“If only you’re not my sister, I would have slap you already.” Chaewon rolled her eyes. “But on the other hand, even if you are my sister…” she trailed then slapped Kimlip in the arm. “I would still hit you.” she finished with a satisfied grin in her face, making the others laughed.

“You two always know how to make the day better.” Roa commented as she chuckled. “But I agree with Kimlip, Chae. You should have just agreed on the play and prepared the roles.”

“No, thank you.” Chaewon mumbled. “Why don’t you stop teasing me and approach your girlfriend instead, that would be better.” she tried to change the topic, they’re good at that.

And just in time, Jinsoul passed by the table and Yoohyeon called her to take a seat with them. She hesitated for a second but eventually settled down when Kimlip smiled at her. Jinsoul was never good at saying no to anyone, especially with Kimlip, so she smiled back.

“Hey, guys.” the blonde Junior greeted before sitting beside the other blonde. “Jungeun.”

“Jinsoul.” Kimlip greeted back, making the others hide the teasing smiles in their faces.

“Did she finally accepted you as her girlfriend?”

“Uhm, no. Not yet.” Jinsoul answered Dahyun with a chuckle.

“I told you not to make her wait too long.” Chuu said, playfully hitting Kimlip.

“I’m not going to, just a few more chapters--” Kimlip laughed but stopped when she realized what she had just said. Before she could take it back, Jinsoul is already smiling at her brightly.

“I guess my efforts won’t be going to waste, after all.”

“Ofcourse not. Jungeun unnie can’t resist your charms, Soul unnie.”

“Nicely said, Minjoo.” Chaewon high-fived her bestfriend, happy that the attention is shifted on her older sister’s love life than to her. “Oh, look! The Great Tsundere is blushing hard…”

“Shut up, Romeo!” Kimlip retorted back.

“Oh, I heard about what you did.” Jinsoul informed.

“Where did you hear it, sunbae? Is it from my sister or the Kims?”

“It’s everywhere around the campus, almost everyone is talking about how cool you look when you defended an unpopular opinion.” the blonde said. “And please call me unnie.”

“I see…Jinsoul unnie.” the blonde smiled at her brightly.

“Good. I’ll be your sister-in-law soon.”

--

Chaewon is in the Volleyball Club practice again. At this rate, she should just quit the Dance Club and be the manager for this one. Luckily, they don’t have any events to prepare for so…

Right now, this is the only place Chaewon wanted to be at. She likes watching the club play, with all the times she spent watching Wonyoung, she actually grow fond of the volleyball.

“You should just join the Volleyball Club.”

“That’s what I thought too.”

Dahyun laughed and jumped from the bench to headed in Chaewon’s side. She took a seat beside the girl and they watched the practice together, it was a spiking practices by duos.

“Here for Wonyoung?”

“Uhm…yeah?”

“Ahh.”

“Is that bad?” the Kims leader shook her head no with a smile. “I thought so. I know you’ve always wanted us to have a love life, every member in the Kims, to avoid feeling lonely…”

“Yeah, you’re right about that.” Dahyun chuckled. “But even thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter