Chapter 14

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo glanced worriedly at her bestfriend, who is back at being the frowning and grumpy Kim Chaewon they once knew. She felt bad inside because she don’t know how to help her.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you seriously asking me that?”

“Uhm…no. I’m just…starting up a conversation with you.”

The two of them are currently in the volleyball gymnasium. Dahyun asked help since their star middle blocker is currently missing in action. And since Minjoo used to be the ace in her middle school team, she was asked to substitute for Wonyoung in their game next week.

“I’m sorry you got caught into this.”

“I…don’t really understand what you’re talking about.”

“Wonyoung didn’t leave because of a family issue, it’s because of me…”

“What exactly happened with you two, Chaewon?” the other girl chuckled bitterly before standing up and left. The moment she walked out, Dahyun immediately approached Minjoo.

“Did you figured out why she returned back to grumpy Chae?”

“No. But I think she just admitted she knows the reason why Wonyoung isn’t here.”

“Didn’t Yujin told you anything? I mean, they’re classmates.” Minjoo let out a sigh and shook her head, explaining that her girlfriend told her their class issue wasn’t about it.

“Well, enough about that. Chaewon will solve this soon, it’s just in her personality.” she stated. “I’m more curious about you and my senior photographer, though. Care to tell?”

“Uhm, I’ll tell you guys when the Kims are complete. Your sister and bestfriend are both missing, figuratively…and literally.” both of them shared a laugh. “Let’s go back to practice.”

They ran back to the middle of the court and continued their practice. The game was only a few days away and their minds are a mess. Luckily, they could to hide it and be professional.

“Okay, that’s enough for today.” Sana announced. “My girlfriend is here to take me home.” Tzuyu waved from the door of the gym while their friend, Jihyo, shouted ‘HEY! I’m here too!’

With that, the practice ended and the two Kims member headed out together. Since Roa had already went home early, not feeling well this days, it’s Dahyun’s duty to take her members home safely. Just as they reached to the leader’s car, someone was waiting there, though.

“Oh, I didn’t know Minjoo’s coming with us.”

“Sorry, Minkyung unnie left early so I had to take care of her.”

“Nah, it’s fine. She’s like a younger sister to me too.” Chaeyoung chuckle softly.

“Wow, it feels like you guys are a couple and I’m the friend’s child that you had to babysit.”

--

After she finished eating her lunch, she looked up and was taken aback when she saw her sister standing infront of her. Roa gave her a light chuckle before sitting down beside her.

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone, I had to…arrange my thoughts.”

“It’s fine, I had Dahyun unnie and the rest of the Kims to look after me.”

“That’s good to hear. But don’t you worry, I’m not going to leave again, alright?”

“Are you okay now?” Roa looked down as she let out a very deep sigh before answering…

“I’m not…but I will be.” she gave her younger sister a small smile. “Now, come on. I heard that you’re needed in the volleyball club. You just can’t hide the family’s sporty genes.”

The two of them walked to the volleyball gymnasium, and Minjoo saw Roa hesitated for a few seconds before she finally opened the door. She reached down and squeezed her sister’s hand lightly as they finally headed down to the court, where the other players are…like Rena.

“Minkyung unnie!” Dahyun exclaimed as she ran towards the older girl and jumped into her arms. Luckily, Roa caught her with an ‘oomph’ “I miss you, unnie. Where have you been?!”

“Just…” behind Dahyun, Roa and Rena exchanged brief eyecontact. “…needed some space.”

“Well, Chaewon is needing some space too so we’re really lonely without you guys.”

“No savage comments from Chae and heartfluttering pickup lines from me?”

“Exactly.” the two of them shared a laugh, making Minjoo smile at their interaction. She did miss having them like this, it just wasn’t the same without all of the members. “Uhm, I know you still need time away from…her. But I really need your help with Chaewon this time.”

“I’ll be fine, Hyun. You don’t need to worry about me. She’s just a girl.” No, she’s not. Minjoo thought in her mind as she look at her sister. “Just tell me what I need to do.”

“Talk to Chae, maybe she’ll tell you what happened with her and Wonyoung.”

“Alright. Well, she does open up to me. Maybe it’s cause we’re in the same squad.”

“Same squad?” Minjoo and Dahyun asked the same. “What…squad do you mean, unnie?”

“The broken hearted squad.” the older girl joked lightly as let out a chuckle. “Oh, come on. It was funny, we both have a crush on volleyball players and in a bad situation with them.”

“Everything will be fine, I promise.”

“I know, Dahyun. I will make sure of it myself.”

“And I’ll do my best to help.” Dahyun said, looking at the direction Roa is staring and even Minjoo knows that it’s where Rena is. “Family help each other, and you two are my family.”

“Thanks…For everything.” Roa’s charming smile returned. “I got to go now. I need find our missing Romeo. You two have fun with practice. I’ll swing by around after class, see ya!”

--

Roa did show up after class, and Minjoo felt glad that she wasn’t only saying that to pretend she’s strong infront of Rena. And she even brought Yoohyeon and Yujin. Unfortunately, she couldn’t find Chaewon so Kimlip went to look for her with the help of Chuu and Jinsoul.

“We’re a mess.” Yoohyeon mumbled, shaking her head. “In love and our group.”

“Well, our group is a mess because we’re inlove. All of us…”

“You’re not a mess, though. I’m glad.”

“Oh, I am a mess. My sister and my bestfriend are brokenhearted at the same time, and I don’t know what to do to help. I’m happy with Yujin, but I feel guilty when you’re all sad.”

“You don’t have to feel guilty, we’re happy that you’re happy.” Yoohyeon wrapped an arm around her to pull her close. “Even if we’re a mess, our maknae’s happiness is important.”

“You wouldn’t be a mess if only--”

“HELLO, PEOPLE! WHERE IS MY BELOVED COUSIN?”

A sudden loud voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter