004 - Gossip Girls

Dream Bus

004 - Gossip Girls

 

Jangmi had decided she would stay at mine the night before the fan meet, the only warning I received was a text saying she was ten minutes away and ready to party. I cracked a small smile before looking up at my messy apartment. Jangmi and I are close, don't get me wrong, I don't care if she sees my mess, but I'm not a fan of the lecture she gives me every time. Quickly, I gather up all my clothes that are strewn around and dump them in my closet, pushing the doors shut before placing a stool and a couple of books in front to stop it from bursting open. I'll figure out how to tackle that later I think to myself before moving onto the kitchen. The dishes didn't take long, making me wonder why I left them for so long in the first place. By the tie I was done I could hear the voice of my landlady, Miss Kim in the hallway and the familiar loudness of Jangmi's voice accompanying it. 

Miss Kim didn't like many people but her an Jangmi got on like a house on fire. It was always funny to see them gossiping about tenants and celebrities in the hallway, more often than not I've had to physically drag Jangmi away from their conversations. The voices came closer as they walked up the stairs to my apartment. Thank god I cleaned otherwise Miss Kim and Jangmi would've lectured me until the next morning. I swung my door open as I heard them approaching, plastering a smile on my face as I saw them.

"Good evening Miss Kim," I chimed, "sorry about Jangmi's sudden visit, I didn't have time to talk to you about it."

 

"Nonsense," Miss Park waved her hand at me, "Jangmi is always welcomed. I wish she would stay more!." she beamed, holding Jangmi's arm tight. 

 

Jangmi flashed a grin before giving Miss Park a quick hug, something I would never get away with, "I really wish I could! I love talking to you and hearing all the building gossip like how one tenant has recently been seen with a tall, handsome man in the rain," she turned to me, "wonder why they didn't tell me themselves!" she laughed but I knew I was in for a night of interrogation. Miss Park let out a small laugh.

 

"Well, if they tell you any details be sure to fill me in." she smiled once more at Jangmi before turning around and walking back down the stairs. Jangmi pushed passed me with her bags as I stood in the doorway, too embarrassed to move. 

"So," she cooed, "who's this rainy romance?" she asked, flopping down onto the couch. I sighed before closing the door and turning to her.

 

"It's really nothing," 

Jangmi gave me a look that pushed for more.

"I swear it's not what you think it is." I stammer, "it was just some guy that gave me his umbrella cause I forgot mine a couple of nights ago. Nothing serious at all." 

 

"So this random guy gave you his umbrella, a complete stranger?". 

 

I nodded, sitting down beside her. "A complete stranger, I'll probably never see him again."

 

"Strange that you would put your number in a complete strangers umbrella if you weren't going to see him again..." she smirked, "plus, my downstairs sources tell me the pair of you seemed pretty close." my face began to burn as Jangmi got closer.

 

"Look," I mumbled, putting my hands out to stop her from coming any closer, "he was cute, I just wrote my number on a whim, even if I did see him again he wouldn't remember me." Jangmi hovered, mulling it over before leaning back.

 

"Okay," she shrugged.

 

"Okay? aren't you going to ask anything else?" 

 

She quickly turned to me, "is there anything else I should be asking?" 

 

I shake my head, "no-no, just thought you would be interrogating me for a lot longer if I'm honest." Jagmi let out a sigh as she began to stretch.

 

"I wanted to, but it doesn't seem as juicy as Miss Park was insinuating," she stood, "I want you to find someone for sure but I guess this isn't it. Shame, Miss Park said he was really handsome." 

 

I felt my blush return as she spoke, "I mean," I fumbled as Jangmi stretched more, "you could say I was a fan." We both let out a giggle before a pillow came into contact with my face. 

 

"That's for getting me excited!" Jangmi yelled giggling, running into my room as I vaulted my couch, pillow in hand, ready to take my revenge, laughing all the way.