Game over, idiot

Fluffy Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was playing in the living room with her console. She had an immersing game in Final Fantasy, and nothing could stop her. Seulgi loved videogames, she was so passionate that she made Joohyun like them too. The older woman wasn’t the type to spend hours playing, but when she was with Seulgi, she had fun without looking at the time. Seulgi peaceful moment was interrupted by a loud knock on the door. She didn’t bother stopping playing. She hoped Joohyun would open the door. But another series of knocks was quickly heard. Seulgi remembered that Joohyun wasn’t going to open that door because the older woman was resting in their bedroom. Seulgi hurried to pause the game and walked to the door. She discovered a tall man around twenty-five years. She stared at him for a few seconds. He blinked, visibly surprised to see the blonde girl in front of him.

“Is Joohyun there?” He asked, clearing his throat.

Seulgi frowned before answering. “Yeah. She’s here. Who are you?”

“I’m sorry for disturbing. I’d like to talk to Joohyun.”

This guy was really wrong if he thought that Seulgi was going to wake up her girlfriend for a man she didn’t even know.

“Who the hell are you?” Seulgi asked again, but the man didn’t budge.  

The blonde woman heard footsteps coming to her. She noticed a sleepy Joohyun, rubbing her eyes.

“What’s wrong?”

Joohyun passed her hand through her hair and stood next to Seulgi. She looked at the man, a confused expression on her face.

“Bogum? What are you doing here?”

Seulgi slightly frowned at the unknown name coming from her girl’s lips.

“Hi, Joohyun. It’s been a while.” Bogum grinned, and Seulgi swore she was going to rip the smile off his face. “I wanted to catch up with you. You know, over dinner. Only friendly, of course.”

“Yes, sure.” Joohyun said, her tone lazy.

“There is a restaurant I’d like to try, the Black & Pink. At seven.”

Joohyun glanced at the blonde. No way she was going to have dinner with Bogum at her favourite place.

“No. Let’s go somewhere else. Like, the one next to the cinema.”

“I will fetch you then.” He said with a confident smile on his lips.

Seulgi almost choked at his tone. Joohyun sighed, her hand sneaking on her girlfriend’s back.

“No. I’ll go by myself.” And she closed the door without waiting for his answer.

Seulgi stared at the raven. Silent. Joohyun took her hand and led her to the sofa. They sat next to each other. The older woman cupped Seulgi’s cheeks, her thumbs the soft skin in circles.

“Baby. Don’t be mad. Please.” Joohyun started talking with a quiet voice. “This guy is one of the men my father wanted me to date.” Seulgi was about to speak, but the raven pressed a finger on her lips. “I accepted so I can explain him like a civilised woman that I’m not interested and I’ll never be.” Seulgi pouted, she didn’t really agree with Joohyun’s idea. 

Joohyun gave the blonde a small kiss on the tip of her nose before burying her face on the crook of Seulgi’s neck. The latter wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s tiny body.

“I don’t like him.” Seulgi stated, making the raven giggle.

“I bet you don’t. But he is not that bad, he’s a nice guy.”

Seulgi knew that she was referring to him being nice as a friend and nothing more. She had no reason to be jealous, and she wasn’t. She just didn’t like Joohyun forcing herself. Joohyun was a good-hearted person. She couldn’t ditch a friend like that.

“You didn’t keep in touch with him?”

Joohyun shrugged in the hug.

“Not that much. The last time we talked was months ago. It was only over a few texts.”

Seulgi kissed the top of Joohyun’s head, sighing softly.

 

Joohyun wasn’t having fun. Bogum was a nice guy, at least, in her memory. He kept talking about his job and how good he was at it. He was working as a communication director or something like that. He was so cocky, but Joohyun had good patience. She smiled politely at him, nodding sometimes.

“Honestly, I was really surprised to see your roommate.” Bogum spoke between two bites of food.

Joohyun frowned at his words. What was he talking about?

“I mean, you’re twenty-eight, I thought you were living alone. Flat-shares are for young people.”

She kept silent. He wasn’t insulting her, she thought. She didn’t believe her own thought, but she tried to.  She felt that she was about to lose her calm. The roommate he was referring to was Seulgi. Joohyun wanted to laugh at him. He was so dense.

“How did you get my address?” She finally asked, not raising her eyes from her dish.

“Your father gave it to me.”

Joohyun almost dropped what she was holding. Her father. Her stupid dumb father did that. She was going to kill him once she was home with her girlfriend. Why would he do that? He seemed to accept Seulgi pretty well.

“Bogum, I will be straightforward.” Joohyun started in a serious tone. “I’m not interested.” But Bogum only smirked.

Joohyun didn’t know what was in his mind and she was kind of scared about it. Even though she went along well with him in the past, she couldn’t bear that man anymore. She didn’t remember him being like that.

“We can still be friends?” Bogum asked, his voice sounding fake at Joohyun’s ears.

Sure, of course, be friend with someone who had and maybe still has interest in you. It was not like they had been close before. They met because Joohyun’s father wanted her to date him. Joohyun was about to answer him when the waiter came to them.

 

Joohyun sat next to her girlfriend as soon as she reached home. She lazily removed her shoes and sank into Seulgi’s arms. The younger had immediately turned off the game when she noticed Joohyun’s tired face.

“Baby, I missed you.”

Seulgi chuckled at her girl’s words. She put her arms around Joohyun’s body while the latter buried her face in the crook of Seulgi’s neck. Joohyun gently nuzzled against the warm skin.

“You smell good.”

“I missed you too, Hyun. How was dinner?” Seulgi earned a groan right after her question.

“Bogum is so full of himself. I don’t know if I was really naïve or if he changed that much.”

Seulgi kissed the top of Joohyun’s head, her thumbs doing small circles on the raven’s back. After several minutes, Joohyun pulled away. She gave the blonde a chaste kiss in the lips before grabbing her phone. Seulgi raised an eyebrow. Who could Joohyun be calling at ten in the evening? The older woman squeezed her upper arm in a reassuring manner.

“Hey, dad.”

Seulgi stared at Joohyun, listening to her as she couldn’t hear her father-in-law father.

“I met Bogum. He told me you gave him my address. I’m very disappointed in you. I thought you had finally accepted me and-” Joohyun showed a surprised face. “Okay, I see. Thank you. Love you too, dad.”

Seulgi had still her eyes on her girlfriend, waiting for an explanation.

“It’s worst than I thought.” Joohyun mumbled and sat on Seulgi’s laps.

The raven wrapped her arms around the younger’s neck, her face on her neck. Seulgi held Joohyun firmly with a hand on her thigh.

“When we moved in together, my father gave Bogum our address.” Seulgi frowned at Joohyun’s words. “But, well, he never came until now. And I don’t know what he wants. I made it clear I didn’t care about it.”

“You still had dinner with him.” Seulgi answered back and felt her girlfriend’s body tensing in the embrace.

“Seulgi.”

They both went silent, not knowing what to say anymore. Seulgi believed that Joohyun gave Bogum hints, even though she didn’t mean to.

“It’s not important. I won’t see him again. I don’t care, okay?” Joohyun said after pulling away enough to look at Seulgi’s face and cupped her bear’s cheeks with her hands. “I love you, baby.”

Seulgi fought hard to hide her smirk. She removed the older women’s hands from her face. She used her finger to lift up Joohyun’s chin a little. Joohyun stared at her without saying anything. Seulgi leaned forward, her lips barely brushing Joohyun’s sensitive neck.

“I love you too.” The younger spoke before giving butterfly kisses on the area. “You better not see him again.” Seulgi whispered between her gentle bites. “I could be jealous.” She added, on Joohyun’s pulse point.

 

A week had passed since Joohyun’s dinner with Bogum. It was Saturday, and the couple had a date at the Black & Pink that night. Joohyun was already gone to work since a while, and Seulgi found herself drawing at home. She swore, she was going to burn down the person who had just knocked at the door. She took a deep breath and stood up. She discovered a man with flowers in his hands. The guy was wearing a cap and a shirt from a company.

“This is for Miss Bae.” He said, a smile on his lips.

Seulgi took it, silent. The man left after this. Who was delivering flowers for Joohyun? Seulgi looked for a little note or a card. And she found on at the top. It wasn’t even roses.

I’m waiting for our next meeting, Joohyun

Bogum

“I’ll choke him to death.” Seulgi spoke out loud before throwing the flowers in the bin and ripping the note apart. It was Joohyun’s, but at this point, she didn’t even care anymore. Seulgi went back to her activities, waiting for the time to pick up Joohyun at work.

 

Mina was closing the food truck when Seulgi reached the place. Joohyun immediately showed a smile at the view of her girlfriend. Seulgi greeted her with a quick kiss on the lips.

“Hi, Mina.” The blonde girl waved at the Japanese.

“Hello.”

“You’re lucky the weather is still good in October.” Seulgi stated, feeling awkwardness crawling in her body.

“We are. I hope it will last for a bit.” Mina said before bidding goodbye and leaving.

Seulgi took Joohyun’s hand in her and started walking.

“Your secret lover sent you flowers.” Seulgi spoke in a casual tone. She wasn’t angry at Joohyun, but her voice sounded almost indifferent.

“What?”

“Bogum sent you flowers.”

Joohyun suddenly stopped walking, releasing Seulgi’s hand in the process. The blonde woman turned around, her gaze on her girlfriend.

“I’m sorry.” Joohyun mumbled while her eyes became teary. “I didn’t ask for this. Don’t be mad, Seulgi. Please…”

Seulgi gaped at Joohyun’s words. Of course, she wasn’t angry. Why would she? It was this idiot’s fault.

“I didn’t mean it that way, Hyun.” Seulgi whispered, putting her hands on the raven to make her look at her. “I’m not mad, okay?” Joohyun slowly nodded. “I was joking. It was stupid, sorry.” Seulgi kissed her girl’s forehead while the latter let out a small giggle.

“I’m just… I don’t want you to be upset because of him.” Joohyun spoke, sliding into Seulgi’s arms.

“It’s okay. I’m not upset.” Seulgi tightened her grip around the raven’s body. “Let’s go home. We have a date tonight!”

They slowly walked home after that little incident. They had a late lunch together. Joohyun took a shower, and she was now reading, laying down on her bed. She had sent a text to Bogum, telling him that he should stop trying things. Joohyun wasn’t interested, and he should have understood it by now. Seulgi was next to her, drawing on her desk. She had put some music. It helped her to focus. It wasn’t too loud, so it didn’t bother Joohyun.

“What did you do with the flowers?” Joohyun asked all of a sudden.

“I threw them away.”

“Good.” Seulgi raised her head to her girlfriend, who had an amused smile on her lips.

“Good?” The blonde repeated, earning a nod from Joohyun.

“I’m not going to keep flowers which aren’t from my girl.” Joohyun paused a few seconds before talking again. “I think I’ll block his number.” Seulgi frowned at the words. “He kept sending me texts. It’s annoying.”

Seulgi stood up and reached the bed, she straddled Joohyun’s knees. She brought one of her hand on the raven’s cheek and the soft skin gently. Joohyun closed her ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter