2. Obsession Gone Wrong (JongKey, Character Death) 

Oneshot Collection
 "Aah! I hate this damn laptop!" Key roared in aggravation. For the nth time, his newly bought laptop froze when he tried to apply a basic filter in Photoshop. Really, was it that hard for a graphics card to render an A4 canvas?

An eerie creak sounded though the designer’s room as the door opened to a crack. Key didn’t even have to look at the door to know that it was his best friend trying to sneak up on him again. It was something that the latter had always done. He snuck in and out of the building without being seen or heard. The little sneak thief.
A couple of moments passed before the door completely opened and showed a bothered Jonghyun. He sighed in irritation and gave Key the annoying ‘why-can-I-never-scare –you’ look. Though he knew, he would never be able to. Key loved horror movies and with that, his fear of scary things had disappeared.
The elder sauntered into the room and flopped onto the designer’s unmade bed. He stared at the latter for a second and spoke his mind.

"Did -o-Tron 3000 PMS on you again?" Getting a foul look from the -sane, yet slightly irritated designer, grinned and stuck out his tongue.

"I just don't get why this ty piece doesn’t work." An exasperated sigh left Key's heart-shaped lips as he started drumming his fingers onto the wooden - But still made of the plastic- fold-out table. It was a habit he had since he was young. It really irritated Jonghyun to the point of pulling his hair out.

"Why don't you just get a MacBook? Isn't it way faster and better for designing than a windows PC?" The elder suggested. Though the moment the words slipped out of his mouth he regretted them. Just like every time he opened the drama jar again. Key moved back, scraping the chair on the wooden floor and stood up.

"You can't just simply get a Mac book when you are used to windows. It takes months to get used to the new operating system it brings with it. Not to mention that ever since Steve Jobs left, Apple has been nothing but crappy. So no thanks, I'd rather have a PMS'ing Acer, Dell or HP than a so-called 'technology of the new age that is probably is gonna end up on that wall' machine!" The younger said, pointing at the designated wall for effect.

Jonghyun fell back on Key’s bed and groaned in irritation, “That you can repeat the same words every time and without a single flaw, you are truly gifted Bummie. Though it still doesn't fix your situation." Jonghyun mocked with his never wandering grin. He had a love-hate relationship with Key most of the time. He couldn't stand the endless rants that seemed to repeat themselves ever time the correct buttons were pushed.

However, he couldn't stay away from those luscious lips those words fell from, the long elegant fingers that danced their way over the keyboard. The focused, slanted, red-brown eyes with the digital light reflecting in them. And he hadn't even come close to how, much he wanted to those perfect round cheeks, to grab those legs, spread them so he could slide in between and watch the pleasure he was giving engraved on Key’s face.
Yes, there were certain things about the designer that annoyed Jonghyun, but more than enticed him and that he longed for. It was almost an obsession... or was it already?

"Jonghyun...You're staring again." Key scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
Lately, he had noticed his best friend being more available to him than before. Every time he called Jonghyun, he was there. In addition, when he was over he would disappear to his sneaky ways and turn up again an hour or so.

"Hm, do you mind? I like staring at you." Jonghyun voice got slightly lower; no doubt, he had some scheme planned. The way Jonghyun voiced the sentence surprised Key. It sounded so... husky and full with need. A few moments passed in which the gears in Key's head were turning to find their place, and Jonghyun trying to find the will not to let into his desires... Though just as Key's mind, Jonghyun’s will was failing.
Within a second, Jonghyun pinned Key to the wall and smashed his lips upon his. His arms sliding touching, grabbing anything in its path. The need to fulfill his dies was too great. For the longest time, he had dreamt about this moment. Dreaming of different situations and ways that it could go. And no one was going to take it away from him.

"Hm! Jonghyu- umph…" Key uttered resisting violently to the lustful attack. He had no idea what had gotten into his best friend, but if he were to continue this assault on his body, there would be hell to pay. Not to mention that Jonghyun and he would never be friends ever again. There were many things Key could accept from Jonghyun, but ually assaulting him was not one of them.

"Hn, god... So perfect. Key, you're so perfect." Jonghyun hummed huskily in the younger’s ear. His hands crept under the other's shirt and skimmed the flesh that was smoother than anything he had ever felt. The way is contracted under his fingertips was fascinating and enticing.

"Stop!" Key pushed Jonghyun away from him with full force, thereby making him crash into the opposite wall. The latter emitted a low exclamation of pain and slid down the wall onto the floor.

"Jonghyun, you can't just attack me like that. There are rules to being friends you know. And that means you can't go going around kissing and groping your best friend!" The designer flailed his arms around wildly, stating how furious he was with the elder. Though he didn't notice Jonghyun wasn't responding to his little lecture.

"You are such a muscle head; I can believe I am even fri... Jonghyun?" A frown settled on Key’s face when he neared Jonghyun and saw that he wasn't moving. Key started panicking deep down. He had this unnerving feeling that there was something terribly wrong.

"Jonghyun... This isn't funny. Talk to me?" He roughly shook Jonghyun's body, but there was still no reply but the vacant stare the elder was directing to the ceiling. Carefully Key turned Jonghyun over on his stomach and saw something that would haunt him to the day he died...

"No... No no no. This can't be happening!"
There was a hole in Jonghyun's back the size of a finger. Key looked up at the wall to which Jonghyun was pushed. There was a coat hanger montaged in the place where the elder had collided with the wall. It seemed the middle point had pierced Jonghyun’s back, thereby taking his life.
It wasn’t impossible for this to happen, seeing that Key’s room was just about large enough to house a single bed, a small fold-out desk, a dresser and a mirror. And of course the coat hanger.

"Jonghyun answer me. Answer goddamn it!” He tried over and over but got nothing but the cold stare when he bends over to look for eye movement.

…He was dead…

"I killed him... I killed my best friend." Key slowly brought a shaking hand to his mouth. He couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Why was this happening? He didn't do anything wrong, Jonghyun was the one that attacked, not him. There was no reason for this faulty karma.
Key traced up and down his room, thinking of a plan or the best possible way to act in the situation. He sat down on his bed and rested his head on his hands.

"I have to... hide the body. Remove the evidence.”

Without a second to waste, Key jumped up on his feet and hauled Jonghyun's limp body down the hall. Luckily there wasn't much blood coming from the wound, so it couldn't smudge the carpet.
Once at the back of the house, Key put the body in his car and ran back inside the house to erase and blood that was left on the point of the coat hanger and gathered some of his most important belongings.

"It's not enough... I should have listened to the neighbors. This place is cursed.” In a last attempt to get rid of the evidence, Key the gas. If any oxygen mixed with the air-born gas, everything would explode and there would be no more evidence to be found.

As quickly as he could he ran to the car, threw his things in the back, stepped into the driver’s seat and rode as if the devil was chasing him.

"Oh my god, what am I doing? Oh, I am so sorry Jonghyun! I never meant for this to happen." Key cried out, desperately seeking forgiveness for the crime he had committed. Tears fell from his eyes as he was trying to focus on the road. He turned the radio on to drown out the sound of his own sobs and drove to a place that meant a lot to Jonghyun and him.

It was the field next to the lake where they met. He got out of the car and looked around to check if there was anyone watching him. When he was certain that nobody was around, he got the body out of the trunk and dragged it over to the little paddle boat that was floating on the small ripples in the serene lake. It was hard getting the dead body into the boat, but Key managed somehow.
He stepped into the boat himself and picked up the paddles from the docking plateau. A few minutes of manual labor later, he was floating in the center of the lake.

Key sighed as he rubbed his forehead. He gazed at Jonghyun and saw that he hadn’t closed the elder’s eyelids properly. Carefully he slid them closed and a feeling of guilt overtook him.

"I'm sorry I can't give you a proper burial, but I hope you can understand that if I don't hide you, I will get arrested for murder and be put in jail. We both know what will happen if I end up in jail... So I hope you can still live in peace even if your body resides in a lake."

Key gazed at the bottom of the boat and sighed. He rose from his creaky wooden seat and lifted Jonghyun’s body up as high as he possibly could.

"I'm sorry, Jonghyun…” Key watched as his best friend faded from his vision. The dark water swallowing him and ripping him away from life and existence…


A/N: This story is probably not as accepted as it used to. I still have it up because it is a story I wrote and I don’t think censoring my artwork is something Jonghyun would have wanted.
My apologies if you felt attacked by this one shot. I love Jonghyun very much since he is my bias. This story was kind of a reaction to me killing Minho in another story. This has also changed now, so that’s why I changed the author’s note.
I hope you will still read the other one-shots. There’s no more killing in them, promise.