4. Aerophobia (Jongkey) 

Oneshot Collection
Five boys were on their way to their destination. They chatted amongst each other or listened to their iPods. They all knew where they were going except for one... Key. The rest had purposely forgotten to mention it to the rapper so he wouldn't freak

You see, Key was afraid of heights... Deadly afraid of them. So afraid that he would scream at the top of his lungs and fight his way back to the car, not caring if he hurt his dongsaengs, hyungs or anybody else for that matter. It was scary how Key was able to even push Jonghyun aside. So, no, they didn't tell him. Instead, they blindfolded him saying they had a surprise waiting for him at their destination. They knew that once they were at the airport there would be hell to pay... Nobody escapes the wrath of a fuming Key.

The rapper sat on his boyfriends lap arms around his neck while Jonghyun whispered sweet nothings in his ear. It made him giggle very unmanly, which he kind of hated about himself. Whenever the singer was around he became this shy schoolgirl and almost everything embarrassed him. He became very self-conscience and started thinking that he wasn't good enough for someone like Jonghyun. However, the latter assured him that there were no such thoughts in his mind. He loved Key and would do anything to make him happy. So, the rapper only needed Jonghyun, because he was what made Key happy.

“We're here.” Their manager called and opened the car door. The five boys stepped out of the car, Key got carried in Jonghyun's arms, and they made their way to the entrance of the airport. They knew that as soon as Key heard the announcement woman he would freak out and try to escape. Therefore they all remained on their toes and kept an eye out for the rapper.

The mechanical doors of the entrance flew open and they marched down the big hallways that were always full of other people coming or going on trips to other nations. They stood in front of their gate and so far Key hadn't asked anything about where they were. He seemed oblivious. Though they couldn't see that the latter was biting his lip and cussing his group mates inside his mind. They ACTUALLY managed to lure him to the place he loathed the most in the whole world. He would get them for this, and his revenge would be sweet.

“Tickets please.” The receptionist spoke in a monotone, she had probably said the same phrase a thousand times already. Jonghyun took a step forward and Key whimpered. His arms gripped onto his boyfriend's neck tighter and he pushed closer, wanting to disappear from existence.
The more steps they took in the direction of their plane, the more violent Key became. He clawed at Jonghyun's back. He had to get out, he had to stay on the ground.

“Jonghyun let me go...” He whispered loud enough for the person in question to hear. The singer didn't budge and kept going forward.

“Jonghyun, I mean it. Let me go.” Still nothing... It got on the rapper's nerves that Jonghyun didn't even talk to him. What was this? A mission to get him on the plane? He snapped at that thought. They all were in this together... Even Jonghyun! He had it, he was not going on that aircraft! Not in a million years!

“Let me go!” Key screamed and started trashing in the singer's firm grip. The others turned around to assess the situation and figured that as long as Jonghyun could hold him they didn't need to in. He was only screeching and flailing in the singer's arms and it wasn't doing anything to improve or worsen his position.

“You are going on that plane Kibum. SHINee can't perform without you in Japan, or did you forget that.” Jonghyun spoke, his grip like a constricting vine.

“You can! Just let me go~!” Key screamed again and resumed clawing at Jonghyun's back with his sharp nails. The latter hissed at the slight stinging pain but endured it. It wasn't the first time Key had dragged his knife-like nails over his shoulder blades or bite his neck so hard that it would start bleeding.
No, this was the same type of behavior he saw from the rapper when they made love... The vicious animal, fighting for what it desired.

“Baby, please. Just stop resisting. I am not letting you go and you know I am right to do this.” The singer coaxed, in vain of course. Nothing would stop a frightened Key from running away. That's just the way he worked. Thrashing, biting, screaming and scratching, it was so painful. However, not as painful as the next snap at his neck. Jonghyun screamed out in pain, thereby dropping the rapper on the cold floor and signaling his fellow members.

Key scrambled onto his feet and made a move to run, but found himself in grip of both Onew and Minho. Both of them dragging him closer and closer to his doom and it terrified him. He screamed and writhed in his captor's arms. Nothing helped, he was going to die! Didn't they see that planes and heights were dangerous? Those two combined made a death trap.

“Lemme go, lemme go, lemme go~!” Key shrieked in fear. But it just didn't help. No! He couldn't go on tha–
Then everything went black. His body moved on its own accord. Pulling at his restraints with a power he never knew he had. Slamming his elbow into their leader's face sending him to meet the floor, extending his leg to unbalance Minho and he too fell on his behind with a smack. Free to move, Key ran to the entrance. He didn't care what he had just done, he was free and not on a plane which would be his death.

Every step he took vibrated in his ears, his breathing exiting his body in rapid pants. Until he felt a sharp sting in his neck and fell down to the ground for the second time today. What just happened?


“Baby~ wake up. I'm bored.” Jonghyun whined and poked his boyfriend awake. Key chuckled and turned away from his sleep assaulter.

“Go do something then and stop bugging me while I'm sleeping.” He felt Jonghyun's arms envelop him and his chest pressed to his back. A contented sigh passed his lips and he snuggled closer to the singer. So warm and cozy, he drifted off once more.

Key groaned as he stretched his limbs, only to be met with a wall of some sort. Why was there a wall next to him? In a rush, everything came back to him and he snapped his eyes open.

“Nonononononono!” he cried out, stirring Jonghyun from his sleep. The puppy-faced singer's eyes fluttered open and immediately knew something was up. There was this gut feeling he got whenever his boyfriend was in danger or not feeling well. He sat up and slid his buff arms around the slim rapper.

“Baby, please calm down. There's nothing you can do about it now.” Jonghyun mumbled sleepily. Kibum whined and grumbled for at least a good ten minutes before turning around and burying his head in the crook of his boyfriend's neck, faintly feeling the texture of gauze around it. He hated this plane! He could hear the engine purr like a cat defending its territory and people snoring like it was nobody’s business. It was horrible!

A tight, invisible string wound around his heart and constricted steadily. The feeling of anxiousness overflowing his brain and body. He had to get out, but he couldn't... Not without having to jump from the plane with a parachute, and lord knew that that wouldn't happen even when hell froze over.
So his only choice was to stay seated where was and pretend he was in Lala land... Only he had a feeling that would take a lot of time and effort to achieve. Taemin on the other, always had his head in the clouds -no pun intended- and was very familiar with the kingdom of candy and rainbows.

The longer Key tried, the harder it was to block out the sounds of snoring, the whizzing of the engine, and the soft crying baby on the background. He snapped his eyes open and noticed he was trembling, with fear most likely. The more he understood that, yes, he was really on a plane, the more terrified he got.

What if the plane was struck by lightning?

What if the PILOT got a heart attack?

What if their FUEL RAN OUT?

What if there were TERRORISTS on THIS PLANE?!

What if that MOVIE REALLY CAME TRUE and a ZOMBIE would EAT HIM?!!

WHAT IF BY SOME KIND OF MIRACLE, ALIENS WOULD DESCEND ON THEM AND KI-

“Shh~ it’s okay Bummie, I'm here. It's all going to be okay, so don't cry my sweet kitten.” The melodic voice of Jonghyun whispered. The rapper hadn't even noticed that he started crying, but didn't care about it... He was dead scared! He clutched onto Jonghyun and held him tightly.

“J-onghun~ I-I a-a-am- So scared-d.” He sobbed with ragged breaths into the singer’s shoulder. The latter lifted his sobbing boyfriend onto his lap and his back. He nuzzled his nose against the younger's high cheekbone and cradled him while lowly humming their Japanese song 'I'm with you', knowing that when he used his deep tone of voice Key would easily calm down or even fall asleep when he was tired.

After some moments the voice's magic set in as the rapper's wailing became softer until only a few sniffles and hiccups left his pretty heart-shaped lips. Those lips that had proven to be an addiction to Jonghyun on more than one occasion. The latter backed away slowly and gazed into his boyfriend's chestnut-colored eyes, they were filled with multiple emotions. Fear, affection, desire, hopelessness, and the love for the one in front of him. Whatever would he do without Jonghyun?

Yes, most of the time they quarreled about whether or not Jonghyun had eaten the last chocolate bar or if Kibum's looked big in a specific skinny jeans (which Jonghyun assured was never ever possible because Key's looked good in everything... , clothed in sweats, shorts, in loose and in skinny jeans). Other times they cuddled on the couch, blanket wrapped around them and enjoying each other's presence, sometimes giving chaste kisses, other times they made out passionately.

Nothing could ever compare Jonghyun to anyone Key had ever known. He had this... The thing about him that made him so unique. The latter didn't pretend he was someone he wasn't, he was honest and was opinionated about most subjects, creative, innovative and had this tendency to make the rapper laugh even when they had been arguing the last few hours, it was incredible.

In fact, if anyone ever asked Key if he would want to spend the rest of his life with Jonghyun, he would probably say yes immediately. He was undeniable, head over heels in love with his man.

“What are you thinking about Bummie?” Jonghyun whispered as he pulled the rapper closer to his own body. The latter shook his head and said it was nothing. He wasn't about to go all sappy and mushy on his boyfriend when everyone -even his fans- knew he hated those cheesy lines more than anyone. Maybe someday he would tell Jonghyun how much he felt for him, how important he was to him. But for now... His mind was more or less busy with freaking out that he was on the plane, miles up in the air, which was a disaster waiting to happen... If you asked him.

“How long do we have left?” The younger asked as he clutched the fabric of Jonghyun's shirt tighter. The latter hummed and answered that they still had to fly for an hour, much to Key's dismay. Of course, the singer noticed that his boyfriend was far from okay, that he knew from the seven years of experience. The rapper needed more comfort, distraction. Lucky for Jonghyun he was Key's biggest distraction.

The singer pushed back the armrest between them and resituated them against the wall of the plane. He pulled Kibum between his legs and let the younger rest his head on his shoulder. His neck still hurt a lot from the jaw lock just a few hours ago. Man, that had hurt and even paramedics had to haul him off to first aid. His neck was a bloody mess and they told him that of Key had gone even a bit further he would have pierced his left carotid artery, which would have resulted into him bleeding out on the floor. Jonghyun didn't blame the rapper for doing it though, he was under the influence of fear and that would almost always lead to something disastrous. They had to catch the next plane because of all the drama that had occurred. Yes, out of all of them Kibum was the one that was the biggest drama queen. Though most of that was a result of his sensitivity and Prima Dona self.

Slowly Kibum's head Jonghyun thought of the times when the younger had done crazy things because of his temperament. It had led to situations he thought they would have never gotten out of, and others where they couldn't stop laughing over what had happened.

“Hey, Bummie... Do you remember the time when you and I were alone in the dorm and you were cooking and I was showering? I snuck up behind you and scared the lights out of you–”

“Omo, I remember. I was so shocked that I threw the pancake in the air and it stuck to the ceiling!” Key chuckled at the memory and feigned a glare, “You were so mean that time. Really, no one should ever disturb me while I'm making dinner.”

Jonghyun laughed and cupped the younger's cheek and titled it so he could graze into his lover's feline eyes.

“I was mean? Maybe you forgot what happened after that, you were just as meaningful to me.”

Kibum chewed on his bottom lip to reframe from smiling. He remembered clearly what happened after that. He had hit him with a spatula and chased him around the kitchen table. And somehow Jonghyun had found the eggs that were on the counter and started aiming them at him. What had started as an innocent scare had turned out into a full-fledged raw food fight and ended with them making out on the kitchen floor.

A blush dusted the rapper's cheeks bones and he quickly covered them with his hands. Jonghyun noticed that the younger was a bit fidgety and smirked, it seemed he hadn't forgotten what happened after their messy fight.

“It seems someone here is having naughty thoughts~” the singer singsonged with an obnoxious tone.

Key's head snapped up and he shook it. “I wasn't thinking of that, I was ju–”

He was forced to stop when a pair of plump lips claimed his own and mixed and matched together. God this felt so perfect. There wasn't one time they kissed that he hadn't felt those tingles and tiny buzzes of electricity on his lips, his stomach competing for Olympic gold in summersaults, and his heart racing that he was sure it would crack his ribs and pop out of his chest.

Jonghyun pulled back and stared at Key with smoldering eyes. Those eyes that held every emotion and portrayed it so easily.

How loved you make me feel... It almost makes me feel guilty for not saying that I love you every morning when we wake up, every midday as we cuddle on the couch, and every night when we make love and fall asleep in each other's arms. But God Jonghyun, I love you so much that I feel my heart is going to explode into a million butterflies that are not only in my heart but also in my stomach. They flutter around every second I see you and they go crazy the moment you say I love you to me... And then those little shocks off the electricity that make my brain go numb and make me forget about all my fears and worries. Sometimes I hate that I love you so much, but I love that I hate you because I love you... Does that even make sense? Ah, who cares... I love you so much my sweet, adorable Dino pup.

A chuckle broke the rapper's thoughts and made him look at his boyfriend. Why did he appear to be so amused?

Jonghyun pecked the youngest sweetly on the lips. “I love you too my sweet, sappy kitten.” He cooed. A bright red blush appeared on the younger's face. “I said that out loud... Didn't I?” He whispered and got a hum in response. Key cursed himself in his mind and almost died of shame. He just said something cheesy and sappy and it was totally humiliating! He just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

The elder tightened his arms around him and lay Kibum's head back on his shoulder, just barely stopping himself from responding with an equally sappy response. He pressed his lips against the smooth skin of his boyfriend's neck and spread tiny kissed on every piece of the milky, white silk.

With a shock, the singer sat back up and became ridged. Just now the younger had touched the gauze on his neck and he was sure that Key would remember that it was his doing. !

“I'm sorry about that. I was just scared and want to getaway. I'm really s–”

“Shh~” Jonghyun shushed while placing his index finger on the rappers plush, pouty lips. “I know what you are capable of when you are scared, angry and sad. You don't have to explain anything to me because I understand it all. So don't worry about it. This wound is just another proof of my love for you.”

Kibum raised his brow and snorted. “Sappy .”

“That makes two of us then.” The singer chimed much to Key's dismay. The rapper pouted before three bell sounds resounding through the plane. Both of them looked up at the ceiling where the transmitter was located.

“All passengers please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing. All passengers please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing.” The woman's voice advised which was probably on a recorded tape.

“Jonghyun.” Kibum peeped when he felt his body being drained of blood. His body became cold as ice and he started shaking heavily. Every forgotten moment of his phobia was rushing back along with the fear he had at that moment. The elder shifted in his position and lifted Kibum onto his lap like the first time, the only difference was that the rapper was now facing his lover instead of sitting sideways. Jonghyun fished his iPod out of the pocket of his jacket and beckoned Key to plug his ears. The latter shook his head and backed away.

“Kibum you have to plug them in. Don't you trust me?” The puppy-eyed Dino whined.

That was like a er punch to the gut. Of course Key trusted Jonghyun, but he just wanted to know what was going on. Nevertheless, he reluctantly corked his ears with the plugs and buried his face in Jonghyun's shoulder. It wasn't a second later when ‘Maroon 5’ blared through the speakers and the rapper was completely shut out from the real world. The only thing he felt was Jonghyun putting the seat belts around the both of them and his back soothingly.

Strangely enough, he didn't feel any turbulence this time and he noticed something that made his heart flutter. Jonghyun was wearing the cologne that the younger had given him on Christmas last year. He almost never wore that scent only when there was something incredibly important or apparently when he was in a plane trying to calm his hysterical boyfriend.

What seemed to be only a few seconds to Kibum were minutes to Jonghyun at that same moment. Then when they had just landed safely on the ground Kibum sat up and gazed around the cabin. Everyone was unbuckling their seatbelts and gathering their luggage. The younger unplugged his ears and gazed back at his boyfriend.

His breath hitched in his throat when he saw the image before him, he felt his head become light and dizzy and his heart trying to fly out of his chest... But also guilt and pain for what he had and hadn't done. Jonghyun was just gazing at him with such adoration and affection which could instantly turn any living human into a puddle of goo. Why was he the only one that wouldn't give the love of his life the words he always needed to hear?

Kibum half noticed he was being hauled off to the slide down to the ground. His head was full of what was the right course of action. Then when Jonghyun snapped him out of it with a peck he looked around. Next to him stood the other three band members, two of them were fine but Onew's face was covered in bandages.

The rapper covered his mouth and apologized profusely to the leader. Onew grimaced and told the younger that it would heal in time and that it would be kind of cool to tell people he had a broken nose and that he got it in a brawl.

Kibum let out an airy laugh. “You are such an idiot Onew hyung. I am still sorry though.”
Onew waved it off and mentioned that they should move to the exit. They were all pretty tired even though they slept on the plane, jet lag was a . The three of them started walking and Jonghyun beckoned Kibum to hurry and hurry he did. He ran towards Jonghyun and knocked him over.

“Kibum what the–” he got cut off by a pair of rosy lips that were as soft as ever.

Slowly Key pushed himself up and gazed into the eyes of the man he loved. How could he not have told this man every day they were together that he loved him, that he wanted to be with him forever? He was such a failure of a boyfriend... But maybe he was still able to salvage their love from all the hurt.

Kibum mentally encouraged himself to say what he was about to say. It wasn't easy for him because he had never been one to open his heart easily to anybody. Most people saw him as frightening and angry when they first met.

The rapper took a deep breath and nodded to himself. “I love you and want to stay with you forever.”

Jonghyun raised a brow and sat up with his lover in his lap. “I love you too, but what's got you in such a sappy mood all of a sudden?”

Kibum bit his lip and shyly hooked his arms around the singer’s neck. He was such an idiot for not noticing this earlier. It felt so good to tell Jonghyun that he loved him. How could he not love such an adorable, handsome man? He always did the stupidest things which made life more thrilling. The way he laughed, talked, walked, breathed and even blinked; everything was lovable to Key.

There was no doubt in his mind anymore. This man that cared so much that he brushed off an attack on his throat just for this lover's stupid fear of heights, the man that made him laugh so hard until he was crying without restraint. This loving man that had been there for him for better or for worse was the one, he just knew it in every fiber of his body. He also knew that what he was about to do was taboo among idols. But he didn't care about his fame for a moment when he asked the unthinkable.

“Kim Jonghyun... Will you marry me?” Kibum asked with warmth and hope in his voice. Jonghyun’s eyes grew in shock and he blinked for a few seconds. He hadn't seen this one coming, but it sure as hell was on his wishlist. He grinned and cupped the rapper’s cheeks, rubbing tiny circles on those defined cheekbones. He brought the younger in for a caste kiss which lasted a few seconds and then pulled back.

“I never thought you would be the one to ask instead of me... Yes, I would love to marry you Kim Kibum. For better or for worse I will be there for you for all eternity.” Jonghyun whispered as his sight became blurry.

“You idiot, why are you crying?” Kibum sniffed and rubbed the tears from his eyes.

Jonghyun laughed. “Says the one who's crying more than me.”
The younger smiled and planted his lips onto Jonghyun's in a devouring kiss. The people around were beginning to stare, but they didn't care if this got out. They were getting ing MARRIED! The whole world should know and celebrate that JongKey had become real.

When they let go of each other they remained to stare in each other's joyful eyes for a moment and then scrambled up to see they were surrounded by paparazzi and fans squealing 'JongKey' and 'oh my god'.

“Just verifying this, but you are wearing the ring right?” Jonghyun whispered in his fiancée’s ear. Kibum chuckled and glimpsed at his left ring finger that was intertwined with his lover's. Visualizing a bright diamond ring on it. It made him giddy and squeal like a girl inside.

“Only if you get us a walk-in closet so I can hang up all my clothes.”
Jonghyun rolled his eyes at the thought of all the fashionable clothes hanging around in their room. No closet was save for the tornado called Kibum.

“I will, a huge one. Anything for my fiancée.” The new name sweetly dripping off his tongue like strawberries and it made Kibum pounce him in happiness.

“You have yourself a deal yeobo~”


A/N: ing cheesy and sappy all the way! Hope you like this oneshot and please leave a comment <3