Attempt

Lightning Rod

Ryeowook’s POV

Damn it. First I can barely move cause of the beating yesterday, then I find out I have to clean the whole house for my ‘Ummas’ hunting partners (yes she is a demon hunter. I hate them for some reason), then I get no breakfast, and finally I think I have fallen in love with the new kid at school Cho Kyuhyun.

So basically I am not doing too well. Again.

Right now it’s the final class of the day and we were all changing into our school uniforms. I however waited for everybody to be finished getting dressed, cause of my scars and bruises on my body are not seen.

Once everybody had gone. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag to go home. On my way out the resident bullies of the school, approach me. But I am not worried.

“Hey wookie.” The leader Onew called to me.

“Hey Onew, What’s up?” I said smiling.

“Nothing much, Minho just dropped by our house last night. How are you doing?” he asked me.

“Good, but I’m confused right now.”

“Why is that?” Changmin, Onew’s boyfriend asked me.

“The new kid, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“yeah what about him.”

“I feel like I’ve met him before. Not to mention he has a aura that matches Minho’s.”

I forgot to mention, my real mom could see peoples auras and she could do things when she touched people, like kill a person if she wanted to just by touching them and thinking about them dying, I am the only one who has this ability in my family. From what Key had told me, she used her power to help demons and humans coexists better.

For some reason I can’t use the second part of it. I have tried many times, but it just wouldn’t work.

“Oh, well that’s weird.” G-Dragon said.

“I know. Oh dang it I got to go bye guys.” I said before running off.

“Bye Wookie.” They called to me.

The next few weeks, went by pretty normal.

Wake up, skip breakfast, go to school, get home and get to work on my chores, get a beating, then go to bed.

However today, is my birthday, which meant that one of Joon’s friends would try to attack me after I get dressed after gym. Lately I have gotten away with the help of Minho and TOP, since everybody knows not to mess with them when they are in foul moods. But this time they both weren’t there so I was screwed.

After I changed my clothes from gym to my uniform, I tried to run out the door, but I was stopped by Joons friend Jaehwa.

He pinned me to the wall, both me hands above my head.

“Since those demons aren’t here today to save your , I finally get to ‘take’ you.” He whispered seductively in my ear.

I shivered with fear, knowing what he meant by ‘take’ me. One of Jeahwa’s friends put his hand on my mouth, muffling any way of screaming for help. Jeahwa pulled my pants and boxers down, before he bit down on my collarbone, giving me a hickey.

As he pulled down his pants, I immediately started to tear up. I screamed through the hand covering my mouth. I closed my eyes when he pulled down his boxers. I waited to be Impaled raw by his as it touched my entrance. But then suddenly I fell into strong arms as the force from the man who was holding me to the wall suddenly disappeared.

I looked up at the owner of these strong arms, to see Cho Kyuhyun smiling down at me.

Why did he just save me? Why does that smile seem so familiar? And why do I feel safer when I am in his arms?

“Who the are you?” Jaehwa yelled.

I looked over to see him and his friends on the floor, glaring at my savior.

Kyuhyun helped me up and fixed my outfit, before he turned around and glared right back at Jaehwa making him flinch. And I know why.

Kyuhyun’s normaly calm aura was pulsing in anger.

“Cho Kyuhyun. Mind telling me why you would attack your friends brother?” he asked.

Jeahwa chuckled.

“Joon and that FREAK aren’t even real brothers. Besides Joon’s mom is paying us to do it.” He said.

Kyuhyun’s aura was now filled with enough anger to blind me. But that didn’t distract me from the lightning erupting from his feet.

Jeahwa widened his eyes. Apparently knowing something that I didn’t. He ran off in fear that he might get hit by the lightning. While he screamed “you’ll regret this.”

Kyuhyun turned toward me, as soon as Jaehwa disappeared, his aura calming down to something softer then what I have ever seen. Not to mention I wasn’t scared of him like most people would be.

“You okay Ryeowook?” he asked me.

“I-I’m fine. How did you know I was in trouble?” I asked.

I mean I was barely even making a sound.

He then started to smile at me sheepishly, and scratching his neck.

Don’t tell me he was following me.

“I was sort of um… following you.”

Knew it.

“I actually fell in love with you from the first moment I saw you.” He said not looking me in the eyes.

Wait did he just confess to me. I mean sure I feel the same way, but come on. Confessing to me after saving me from a attempt, and telling me that he followed me. Just too much to handal at once.

And before I knew it I out.

Kyuhyun’s POV

I just confessed to him, and he collapses into my arms.

Must have been too much to take in at once.

I quickly picked him up bridal style and carried him to his step-brother Joon at the school gate.

And here is the best part.

We are both friends. True he hates Ryeowook now, for some unknown reason to me, but when he learns about my past with him, he will defiantly lighten up and end up acting in front of his parents. Even hopefully help him escape from that abusive family of his.

Joon’s POV

Where the hell is that brat?

I have been waiting here for that brat for an hour at the school gate.

I decided to just turn around and walk back home, but as I was turning around to leave through the gate I heard a familiar voice call my name.

“Hey Joon, forget something?”

“What are you talki…” I asked turning around but I cut myself off when I saw that brat unconscious in Kyuhyun’s arms. My eyes widened at the sight.

“What the hell happened Kyu?” I yelled. Nobody was around at this time so it doesn’t matter.

His eyes suddenly narrowed AT ME. He hasn’t done that to me since the day I met him after my boyfriend Mir died.

“Your mom apparently paid your friend Jaewha to him today. If I hadn’t followed him, he probably wouldn’t still be himself.” He said growling.

I can’t believe it, my mom paid my friend to my step-brother, to top it off Kyu is pissed off about this. But why? And why the was he following him?

“Kyu why were you following him in the first place?” I asked staring at him.

He was sweating in his sleep, which meant he was having a bad dream, but he wasn’t crying like he usually does. Why?

“Joon, promise me that you won’t tell him what I tell you. Or at least not at once kay.” He said eyes softening when he looked at him. The same way Mir looked at me with.

“Why?”

“Shin Seohyun”

I froze at the name.

, she is the one that erased my memories about Mir after he died. What does she have to do with this brat?

“I will explain on the way back to your house.”

I nodded as we both walked back to my house. And good thing they are both going out to a movie tonight. Or else the brat and I are going to have to come up with a lie.