Chapter 17: The End

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Ri had so much drink and was already tipsy. She was celebrating her success and having fun with her friends. She wasn't able to control her self.

 

When she left the dance floor to get another drink, a man approached her and started talking to her. She didn't feel like having a conversation with him so she excused herself but then the man grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

 

The man started to look at her intensely, showing annoyance and clearly his ego was hurt.

 

Min Ho who was at the corner table with Il Woo and some friends stood up and helped Yoo Ri.

 

Yoo Ri tried to free herself from the man's grip but he was stronger than her. Suddenly, Min Ho removed the man's hand from her.

 

"I'm sorry but she's with me," he said calmly trying not to cause a scene.

 

Luckily, the man let it go without a fight. He left without saying anything more but a mocking hiss, leaving Yoo Ri and Min Ho behind.

 

Min Ho also turned his back in attempt to leave her.

 

"I didn't know you're this gentleman." Her words halted him from his steps.

 

"Don't think too much about this, it's because we know each other so I couldn't turn a blind eye," he said and left.

 

That was when Yoo Ri started to have a little interest in him.

 

She was pulled back from her reverie when the man who sat down next to her in the bar tried to start a conversation with her.

 

"Why is a beautiful woman like you alone in here?"

 

"Mind your own business."

 

The man scoffed. "Ohh, a feisty one. I like that."

 

She stood up wanting to leave but she stumbled from dizziness. The man was quick to hold her.

 

"I guess you'll need my help?" The man bluffed.

 

She took a while to steady her sight and when it was clearer she saw a familiar face. That familiar face was looking at her.

 

"Where do you want me to bring you? You're house? Hotel?" The man who was holding her slyly asked.

 

She thought she can't trust herself at her current state so she thought of asking for help from that familiar faced man. She tried to recall who and when she saw him.

 

"Seo In Guk..."

 

In Guk raised a brow as if telling her to go on with what she wanted to say.

 

"Isn't this a situation where you should help out?"

 

He leaned closer to the bar that was separating them. "It was your choice to drink this much, your actions are your responsibility."

 

His words felt like an alarm that woke her up from sleep. Suddenly she felt a little less tipsy. She succeeded in distancing herself from the man who took advantage of her current state.

 

She scoffed to herself. It was the same situation as before but how come she got a total different response from the two men? Minho was cold but he had the initiative to help whereas this man is plainly rude, she thought.

 

"President, is something wrong?" Asked the barista to Seo In Guk, at the same time he called a security personnel's attention.

 

The man who was bothering her noticed the security's attention was on him so he immediately backed off.

 

In Guk was about to turn his back soon as the commotion was settled but he was stopped by Yoo Ri's words.

 

"So you own this place." She sat back on the seat she was occupying a while ago. "Forget about you treating your customer poorly, how about have a drink with me?"

 

In Guk turned to face her. "If you're here to get drunk because your wedding was called off, feel free to do it, but do it by yourself." He then left without a bit of hesitation.

 

"Interesting." She whispered to herself.

 

 

* * *

 

Couple of months later.

 

"What brings you here? Mr. Lee isn't here, Mr. Jung."

 

"I know. I'm here to borrow you."

 

Secretary Nam hesitated.

 

"It's okay, I already got your boss' permission."

 

Il Woo took Gyu Ri to the department store and asked her to try some long dress.

 

"I know you're my boss' friend but I don't get why do I have to do this?"

 

Il Woo flashed a charming smile. "Because I want to ask you to be my partner this weekend."

 

"W-why?"

 

"Because I need a partner and were friends?"

 

"Who said we are?"

 

"Then why did you gave me a necktie on my birthday?" He teased. "Because... you like-"

 

"Because we're friends!" She cut him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter