Chapter 3: A Not So Lucky Day

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Few weeks have passed and everything seems right. It was around lunch when Wang Ji Won got a text from one of her colleague. She took out her phone to check the message. Her eyes widen as she reads it, “Isn’t this the guy your friend is dating?” along with a photo of Minho having lunch with someone, obviously not Chaewon. “Omg? What’s the meaning of this?” as she was confused as to what she saw. “No no no, please don’t think maliciously.”.

 

The woman in the picture isn't Chaewon. The photo wasn't clear enough and it only shows a little of how the girl looks.

 

Jiwon debated for hours how she'll tell her best friend about this without causing her a shock.

 

She knows what Chaewon went through with her past and she witnessed how broken and how she closed doors after, til Minho came to her life and she started to bloom again.

 

"Noona?"

 

Ji Won got startled and dropped her phone to the ground. The man picked it up for her and stood up. She looked up to the tall young man, soon as she saw his face she yells him. "Yah! Cha Eun Woo!"

 

"Why? You're not even the scaredy-cat type.", he wonders what made her mind occupied that she got startled so easily. "Why? What were you looking at?", he was about to look at what's on her phone when she reached for it.

 

The young man has good reflexes and quickly moved the phone out of her reach.

 

"Give it back, won't you!"

 

The man didn't listen and proceeded to look at her phone but discovers the phone was already locked, he didn't give up though. He tried to access the phone with face-lock option, he turned the screen to her face but she quickly made a funny face and the detection failed.

 

"That made me even more curious.", he said but hands her the phone anyway.

 

"This kid really!"

 

They sat at the nearest empty seat. Soon as they seated, the tteokbokki owner asked for their orders.

 

"One ramyeon and tteokbokki, ahjumma please."

 

"How about you student?"

 

"I'll have the same please."

 

"Uhm, I'll get it ready."

 

"How is Chaewon noona?", Eunwoo immediately asked after the ahjumma took their orders.

 

"Aissh.", Jiwon ready to complain how he always asks for Chaewon whenever they meet. "Why are you here though? Don't you have class?"

 

"My class ended early today, I was on my way to meet some friends at the nearby cafe."

 

"Ah." she nods at his explanation, and hesitated for a while before speaking again. "Eunwoo-ya."

 

"What?"

 

"Chaewon..."

 

"What? What is it. Hurry! Tell me. Why aren't you speaking? Yah, noona, the suspense is killing me."

 

Jiwon hit him in his head, "How can I speak when you can't stop talking. Why don't you listen first."

 

Eunwoo smiles adorably.

 

"One order for the pretty lady and one for this adorable student here."

 

"Thank you ahjumma.", they both smiled to the woman serving them food.

 

They chatted while eating and Jiwon decided not to tell Eunwoo about the photo, she knows how much Eunwoo cares for Chaewon and she doesn't want him to make a fuss about it and possibly act without thinking.

 

 

 

The night that day, Jiwon went over to Chaewon's place. She doesn't want to make this a big deal but she also don't want Chaewon to live in lies if it ever is something she thinks it is. She believes the sooner Chaewon is aware the more she could save her from another heartbreak.

 

'No matter what, I have to approach her the best I can', she thought

 

"Chaewon-ah"

 

"Uh"

 

"A friend of mine sent me a photo."

 

"Uhmm."

 

"Remember we ran to each other when you were with Minho, that friend I was with that time sent me a photo this morning."

 

"I get it, what photo? Why are you so tense." Chaewon laughs at her friend.

 

Jiwon bits her lower lip, it's now or never. "This.", she showed her the photo on her phone.

 

Chaewon took the phone and have a closer look. Jiwon panicked a bit and started throwing her questions.

 

"He's having dinner with his friend right? Or is that a business meeting? It's not like there's something wrong with the photo, they're just having dinner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter