5th Try: But all I wanted was....

Unsaid : The Seven Times Hyewon Tried To Confess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4K and a Choi

group chat

kwangbae: anyone free this weekend?

yenaya: if i finish this proposal later. i'll be home. y?

ssamu: I can trade a shift with one of my co-workers if you need us.

mingming: a day of not reading this review material won't hurt i guess, what's up?

kwangbae: let's wait for eunbi first :)

mingming: that, eunbi's at the review center rn and I'm about to go to her. so she won't be checking her phone for a few more hours.

kwangbae: oh okay, uhm...i just landed a gig at the capital soo y'all free to watch me play at revel's lounge.

ssamu: that's nice! congrats kwangbae! i'll be there!

yenaya: count me in! and a bucket on me •_<

mingming: that'll be your first performance with a crowd, hyewon! Ofc, I won't miss it!

kwangbae: oh pls, why y'all making it a big deal? i'll just play some tunes.

yenaya: bc it is? okay maybe it's not 'big' but hey! small steps towards the dream! that's something!

ssamu: yena's right, hyewon. give yourself some credit sometimes. u deserve it

kwangbae: alright alright whatever you guys say. i'll see y'all there

----

Her fingertips softly touched every white and black tile creating some familiar tunes. She didn't need to open her eyes to see if she was tapping the right note, she knew it by heart.

It's here again. The uncertainty, the unfamiliar territory. Hyewon may already have acknowledged the feelings but most of the time she's still lost. 

Lost…...will she ever find her way?

As her finger taps on the final key, a slow clap emerges from the back. She immediately turned around and Eunbi was standing and leaning at the door of her basement, she turned it into her small studio.

"Hey," Hyewon greeted as she watched Eunbi walk towards her, "You're here."

Eunbi sat near Hyewon, "I went to your room and you're not there. You're also not answering your phone. And I figured you'd be here. What's the piece?"

Hyewon looked over at her piano first, "Symphony No. 3-Scottish: III. Adagio" she paused, "Felix Mendelssohn's"

Eunbi hummed, "What brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be studying or something?" Hyewon asked.

"I need a little breather away from books and the likes" Eunbi stood up and sat on the piano bench that fits both of them, she then leaned her head on Hyewon's shoulder, "I'm tired."

Hyewon understood what it meant, she rested her head on top of Eunbi's, "It's fine to feel tired, Eunbi. There are rest stops for a reason, so you can keep going later." she puts her hand over Eunbi's shoulder and rubs it., "so rest for now"

"Thank you, Hyewon" she snuggled closely, "can you play a song for me?"

"you didn't have to ask"

--

Eunbi faced Hyewon after the taxi cab halted at their front. They are outside their village, it's time for Eunbi to go back to the city.

"So…" Hyewon started, "Call me when you get there"

Eunbi nods, she then hugged the younger, "Thank you for today" Hyewon hugged her back and they stayed like that for a couple of seconds, "I should go before I get caught in traffic" she tapped Hyewon's back and they parted.

She opens the back door for Eunbi, "I'll see you this weekend?"

Eunbi smiled, "Of course, I'll be there. I won't miss it for the world" she let herself inside the cab and just as she was about to close it, Hyewon held it and crouched down to talk.

"Eunbi, you're doing great. You got this." They smiled at each other and Eunbi nodded. Hyewon closed the door after she waved goodbye.

Hyewon stood there watching the car drive away until it disappeared from her vision meanwhile, Eunbi watched Hyewon through the side mirror.

 

 

"We could've been more than this" she whispered into the air.

--

Hyewon has been thinking ever since that night at the swing. She knows what the consequences are and what she's about to deal with for not manning up to her feelings.

She's just not expecting it will be this soon.

--

Weekend came. Hyewon's at the small room backstage, preparing for her turn. She'll be playing piano at the first part of her set then guitar for the last two songs.

She didn't know if her friends are at the front already but she hopes they are. She's nervous and Hyewon needs them to calm her nerves.

Hyewon goes through her setlist once again and her eyes darted to the bottom part. One song then a little break then a short ment and then the last one.

She'll play and sing, "You" by The Icarus Account first and then the ment. The ment is important today, she already memorized what she's gonna say. She is nervous but it's now or never.

"Hyewon, three minutes and you're up!" the assistant reminded her.

"Okay!"

Hyewon went out and waited. She peeked over the tables in front of the stage. Yena, Chaewon and Minju are already there, but Eunbi is nowhere in sight.

She wondered where the older girl was. Eunbi was never late and Eunbi promised she'll be here today.

And she needs Eunbi to be here today...because Hyewon needs her for this another attempt of confession to be successful.

The song ended and a round of applause brought her to reality. Hyewon heaved a deep sigh as the assistant tapped her shoulder, "You're up! Go!"

Hyewon put a smile on her face as she walked up to the mini-stage and sat in front of a keyboard. Her gaze landed on her friends' table who were clapping like a seal and doing some silly moves.

"Hi, good e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter