Universe

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

⍟ ⍟ ⍟

 

This was impossible. He’s been staring at the same screen for hours now, his hand was now sweating on the mouse as the arrow hovers over the refresh button over and over again.

Every brain cell was now starting to scream out in frustration as he never thought this would prove to be such a difficult task.

Why was he doing this again?

Kyungsoo swore under his breath, careful not to make too much noise though he was close to throwing the annoying piece of technology out the window at the point but that will result in waking the other two in the apartment despite the fact that it was long past midday. However, all he needed was being caught doing this. Or more like struggling to get it done. 

Who thought buying concert tickets will prove to be this difficult? I mean, the concert was indeed tomorrow and finding a ticket for an ËXO concert even months in advance was a challenge so what Kyungsoo was aiming for now was a straight up miracle. He remembered that one-time Min stood up all night to get a ticket for a concert and even then, he would barely snatch one far away seat for double the price from some weird fan forum. All that for the doctor was foreign ground. He was a few steps away from the initial research he did a few hours earlier which included a bunch of questionable google searches.

 ‘How to get ËXO concert tickets’, ‘ËXO final concert tickets how to’, ‘What is a fan cafe’, ‘how to tell your boyfriend you have a phobia of crowded places and want to bring your best friend along to a date—’, ‘Will your boyfriend still love you if you don’t go to an ËXO concert with him--’

Ok, the last two he quickly deleted before letting another exasperated sigh, his hands running through his hair as he could swear, he was close to pulling it all out. What was he doing? This much hassle just to bring Hana along on a date. And if that wasn’t dreadful to imagine it was also Min’s ideal date as he knew how much the bar owner loves the group. Even knowing how much his boyfriend would hate this idea, crowded and loud places was a definite no go for the surgeon. Ironic from someone running the busiest and loudest department in the hospital. Bringing Hana along would be reassuring and hopefully forbid him in having a full panic attack on the younger bar owner thus ruin the ideal date.

Suddenly, the notification popped on the screen showing a message from Kaiswifeforeverrxx to ËXOnewbie101. Yes, that is the best username he could come up with as he was trying to infiltrate the fan café in the look for the magic unicorn that the damn ticket proved to be. 

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the name choice of the other. What was so great about that dumb dancer boy— but upon reading that the person was willing to sell him the ticket since they ended up being sick and not able to attend made Kyungsoo jump off his seat in delight.

Quickly he checked his surroundings making sure his short celebratory party went unnoticed by the others despite the wooden doors from their rooms being shut. He never typed a message so quick in his life as he agreed upon taking the ticket. Only to be encountered with the price.

“Is this person crazy? I could buy the latest iPad with those money—"

This time his outdoor voice took over as he was totally scandalized by the price.

Despite being a successful doctor with a more than decent salary Kyungsoo was always careful with his spendings. He was sharing an apartment and a car with his best friend in order to save after all. He just hated to depend on his parents’ money and always tried to support himself. Even back in med school he would have part time jobs and work hard to pay for his own living despite his father’s protests. However, here he was ready to spend as much money needed in order to bring his best friend to a concert she never asked for and risking another argument with Min. Before he could overthink more, he was already finalizing the transaction and got the extra ticket emailed to him.

“Are we out of coffee?” Hana’s sleeping figure made her way into the living room making his best friend jump off his chair and snapped his laptop shut. This of course caused a playful grin to play on her lips.

“Watching those kinds of things in the middle of the day Soo? Really?”

“I was not watching ANYTHING. You just reminded me I wanted a coffee too.”  That was a bad save as his abandoned coffee cup betrayed him next to the now shut device.

At that Hana only laughed and nodded her head along in such way that made Kyungsoo groan as he follows into the kitchen and in a minute pulls a new pack of coffee from one of the cupboards.

“I got you a ticket to the concert tonight.” His voice sounded weird even to himself while saying that. Something inside Kyungsoo was begging that no more questions were asked about his reasoning as he was tired from all the overthinking and stressing out and just wanted this to be over with. His attention now focused on filling the jar with the coffee and returning to its place just to avoid his best friend’s gaze. What he didn’t knew while worrying was that Hana caught on the male’s abnormal behaviour.

 Stealing a teaspoon, she grabbed some on the coffee to fill the machine, pressing the start button.

“Cool. What do people wear to those things?”

That for a minute surprised Kyungsoo who looked at her with a raised brow. He then realised things were always like this between them and a smile followed. This mutual understanding where no more questions are needed between them. He could recall many instances in which this happened, and those moments made him be even more grateful for the woman bumping into him and causing him to drop that cell culture in their first year of Med School.

He suddenly felt his tense body relax and he found it easier to breathe. It somehow went unnoticed how much anxiety this whole ordeal brought on him and how much having her there meant. The jar now safely placed on the shelf next to the window, he leaned against the counter shrugging his shoulders.

“Anything! It’s a concert! Though I have matching ËXO t shirt we could wear!” Min’s excited figure skipped into the kitchen, getting some coffee as he stole a quick kiss from his boyfriend. “I cannot believe today I am seeing ËXO live!” His head rested against the doctor’s shoulder as he sipped his coffee finally noticing Hana in the kitchen as well.

“You are not working today, sunshine?”

The other unicorn Kyungsoo should have worried first was Hana being off which almost never happens. But due to Dr. Ahn’s kind heart of taking over her shift and give the woman a well-deserved time off it made it possible for her to attend a concert with them. 

“Actually, their manager sent me another ticket. I guess I will be coming along but don’t worry your seats are so much better than mine. Best angle to see those couple t-shirts in action.”

With that she sipped her coffee with a grin seeing her best friend rolling his eyes, but gratitude written all over his face. All while Min seem to be stunned about the news.

“Oh my god I can finally introduce you both to the amazing experience of being and ËXO fan! After tonight you will be in love with them! You just wait!”

 

⍟ ⍟ ⍟

How can everyone not love them…

“Thank you everyone for the hard work! Let’s end this on a high note! You are all amazing for making this happen!” Suho bowed together with s on the stage as the crew and staff members clapped in support. Those were the last rehearsals before the final show that concluded their 5th world tour and everyone: artists, staff, crew and so many venues, all worked together making this possible and even if the leader’s words were not much it reflected the gratitude that everyone was feeling.

“Lunch break!” Sehun pitched in as he was already climbing down the stage instead of using the side stairs upon seeing the catering team set up the food stands for the staff and crew.

“This kid—” Hyukjae laughed from backstage, hanging his soundproof headphones as he made his way to the leader who was almost face palming himself before apologizing to the staff who seem to be used to the youngest’s behaviour.

“You heard him. Dig in you all deserve it. Oh, Yeol your parents are coming to this one, right?” The memory of the taller mentioning this before suddenly came to Hyukjae.

“Yep. My mom complained how it has been a while since she saw us perform or seen all the members for a fact so she wanted to come, and my dad could not miss it.”  The giant smiled proudly as having his parents come to his concerts always managed to encourage him in putting out the best performance and make them proud. Now finishing taking off his own mic set he also followed the members to the lunch area.

“Ahh you better behave then. No outfit malfunctions or pinching!” Baekhyun chuckled as he nudged the giant only to get nudged back before both of them grabbing some food.

“Yongmi is coming too.” Xiumin managed between a mouth full and texting. “She is bringing this friend of hers and their daughter. Man, the little one is the cutest fan I swear.” This got an aww coming from Kai, the other members being too engulfed into their food to give more than a smile.

“Nice. I haven’t seen Yongmi since we all hanged out together three weeks ago. Bring her along for some dinner after the show!” The leader added with a smile.

Yongmi has been Xiumin’s girlfriend for years now and of course she grew to be close with the ËXO members inevitably since ËXO was a big part of the Xiumin’s life and 90% of his time was spent while working. Obviously the members were happy for their eldest member and got to like the girl instantly, especially since she was such a warm presence or how Sehun would describe her “ the noona who always brings great food” it was hard not to welcome her into their friendship circle.

“You need to teach us your ways, hyung. You and Yongmi noona have been dating for what now? 6 years? Might as well get married yet you managed to keep it under wraps! If anything, people always suspects those two or me for dating.” The dancer was clearly rolling his eyes as he pointed at Sehun and Suho.

“Yah! Baek hyung got into some scandals too!” This earn the youngest a smack over his shoulder from Chanyeol.

“Yeah with Yeol.” Chen added and everyone started laughing except Chanyeol who was rolling his eyes thinking how he could smack the two of them at once.

“For your information that gives us perfect cover if we ever get the time to date. People will be too caught up into that to even consider that one of us is actually dating someone else.” The taller explained his reasoning while finishing his food and reaching for a water bottle, at the same time managing to high five Baekhyun.

“Nice one Yeol.” With that the vocalist stole the water bottle from the taller with a playful grin and took a sip himself. “Time to tell your mom she is officially my mother in law and how lucky she is to have a son in law as handsome as me. Also, you are not allowed to divorce me if I beat your in games now!” It was no wonder everyone started laughing once more, even Hyukjae couldn’t help it.

“It is not that hard. You all dated before so why asking me? I am just lucky Yongmi puts up with a lot of stuff…Seriously we had more late-night car dates than real ones it is a wonder she stayed for so long. Also, real dates can only happen in really weird places like we drive to this village once and got lucky since no one seem to recognise me. It’s a lot of hard work.” The elder could only smile at how nice it was to enjoy some anonymity for once.

“That and we barely get any time. Now that the tour is over, we might have a break but dating an idol with a schedule as hell as ours is hard.” Chen added to the eldest’s words. All of them knew this and ended up making Kai groan while stretching his arms.

“This is why everyone assumes we are dating someone within the industry since the only people we see are the ones we work with or at the music shows. I am having a really complicated relationship with my bed lately as I barely see it.”  The dancer managed to make them all chuckle as Chanyeol pitched in.

“Well you also met that doctor but only because you kidnapped the poor soul.” The members erupted into a multitude of reactions before Chanyeol could finish his sentence.

“You kidnapped someone?”

“When did this happen?”

“Woah that’s wild, Jongin, even for you!”

“How can he get away with kidnapping a person but when I steal a dog is wrong?”

The last one was Sehun who earned an eyeroll from everyone and before Suho can explain the reasoning to the younger, the dancer hurried to defend himself.

“I did not actually kidnap him! Just dragged him into a dark room against his will--- ok that sounds bad but…Ah I didn’t think too much about it! Me and Yeol were about to get caught by this reporter when we sneaked to see Baek hyung in the hospital and we hid and then I saw him being a doctor and ahhh just give me a break!” With a loud whine the dancer hid his face in Chen’s shoulder as s looked at him astonished except Chanyeol and Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter