Love is not selfish

Love is...

3Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 

4do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 

- Philippians 2:3-4


The millions of Korean dramas Jinwoo had watched had led him to believe two lies.

First, that finding love was difficult and serendipitous.

And second, that love would be the pinnacle of happiness of one's life.

Now, it was true that finding the love of his life truly felt like a miracle especially when that person just happened to be one of his best friends but it was certainly not the most challenging part of a relationship. Finding love was hard but what Jinwoo had painfully discovered from the last 4 years was that the real and ultimate test was how to stay in love. 

Because at some point, the fireworks die out and the flowers fade. And the same person that made you ridiculously happy, had the power to anger and hurt you just as badly.

And unfortunately, tonight was no exception. This was the nth time for the past few months that Mino had failed again to inform his hyung of his whereabouts and worse, he had not checked in the entire day. The older of the two had let it pass the first few times. But when it was clearly becoming a habit, it had erupted into a series of shout fests that they failed to resolve to this day. But what irked Winner's eldest the most, was Mino kept at it despite Jinwoo’s anger and feelings.

The younger man was so different when they had first gotten together. He was at Jinwoo’s beck and call when we needed help especially with his song or his MV. He lavished the older man with gifts, compliments and self-produced love songs. In those days, the rapper could hardly keep his hands off him. And if they weren’t together, he would bombard Jinwoo with phone calls or messages. He was - to put it simply - the center of Mino’s attention and Jinwoo relished the feeling of being so loved and desired.

So to be ignored and be out of Mino’s spotlight was such a huge blow to his heart and ego. The rapper's sudden and extreme change in behavior had left Jinwoo feeling utterly dumbfounded and betrayed.

TBC