Day One

MPP: Quarantine Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

Punching in the code to the gated building, So-Hyun walked through the patioed walkway laced with freshly planted flowers. She smiled at the sight of the new additions and made a mental note to give thanks to the woman who planted them. Slipping out of her heeled work shoes, she replaced them with her pink sliders and shuffled down the hall into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

She let out a moan of joy as the cold liquid flooded and filled her belly. Today was a busy day in the office with the new regulations regarding quarantine, they’d barely had any space to breathe let alone eat and so this was a much-needed drink.

She downed the rest of the water, eyed the bottle for a moment before throwing it into the recycling bin.

“Next is the wine.” She smiled, eyeing the wine cooler on the counter-top. She still wasn't the biggest fan of alcohol, but the acquired taste for wine crept up on her over the past few months. It had to be the ageing process.

The administration team within their service were running around like headless chickens trying to cancel every face-face appointments that they had and switch them all to telephone appointments when they could.

So-Hyun felt bad seeing them work so hard, so opted to help them out by calling her own clients personally and although most of them were understanding about it there were a few who decided to use that time for their own therapy. So-Hyun had to remain professional on her side of the phone and tried to cut the conversations short but always missed the timing so ended up having to listen to some venting from some clients.

The number of cases in Seoul had risen dramatically and everything was shutting down, including their therapy service. They were sending the workers home to better everyone’s safety and So-Hyun could understand completely. Although she had never had to work from home before, she was slightly worried about having to bring her work life within the home.

She liked to keep the therapeutic part of her life at work and her home life – well, at home. All she could do was try and give it a shot.

However, she would think about that next week. Right now, all she wanted was a nice hot shower, pizza and the bed. 

Grabbing her bag from the counter-top, she walked up the stairs across the landing of the house and into the bedr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter