Week one

MPP: Quarantine Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

The first week at home had gone better than So-Hyun expected. There weren’t any technical glitches on her end of the appointments, her clients were taking the new format in a nice way to the extent she considered making this a permanent thing. Her calls clashed quite frequently with the Seung-Ho’s meetings so they had to stay on opposite ends of the house throughout the day to avoid any distractions or confidentiality breaches.

Taking a break from her morning client block, So-Hyun set her headset down, bounced downstairs and made a beeline straight for the kitchen. Being at home all day meant that she sometimes woke up pretty much when she needed to and got straight into work without having breakfast. And although this was convenient, it left her feeling rather hungry later in the day.

Being at home also meant taking advantage of comfortable clothing, her daily outfits consisted of a blouse of any colour tucked into a pair of Seung-Ho’s basketball shorts. With the Spring being so hot this year, it was the best of both worlds really – seriously, no one had told her that those shorts were so comfortable.

Humming to a random tune she heard in an advert last night, she opened the fridge to examine her options. She picked out some pre-sliced carrot sticks and went straight for the peanut butter in the cupboard.

They were the perfect snack to nibble on whilst she considered what her actual lunch would be.

“So-Hyun-ah?” She jumped upon hearing Seung-Ho. When she turned around, he was sat on the kitchen table with one side of his headphones on his left ear and the other side behind the right ear.

“Oh hey, I thought you were in the office upstairs?” She smiled, chomping down on the crunchy carrot stick dipped in the nutty butter.

“Yeah… the connection was acting up in there, but-”

“Really? See, I knew there was something up with that room.” She pressed her lips in thought and continued to dip another carrot stick into the nut jar.

“Yeah, about that-”

“Did you want to swap?” She interjected.

“Babe!” Seung-Ho said a little louder, blushing as he did so.

“What?” She returned, startled by his tone only for him to shift slightly and reveal his laptop screen.

She shuffled a little closer to get a better look, but she stopped midway confused as to why her face was on camera, in the middle of a Zoom call with about forty-five of Seung-Ho’s Postgrad students.

Wearing his shorts.

Oh no.

She immediately ducked and hit the ground as it was apparently the only viable option she could think of. She peered up at Seung-Ho through her glasses with a pained expression, her face beet red from embarrassment.

“Err, perhaps we’ll wrap up here for a lunch break, how does that sound?” He spoke into his microphone. Following that his students started commenting.

‘Thank you mysterious lady for saving us.’

‘Sir, are you recording this lecture? This is legendary.’

‘Perfect timing.’

‘Prof, your wife is the best!!’

He cleared his throat, “You guys are a bit more excited than I expected you to be. We’ll come back in forty-five minutes.”

Closing down the application, he looked down to where his wife was crouched down and gave her a sheepish smile.

“Oppa!” She whisp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter