01 Into the New World

Something Isn't Right

Birds chirping, kids laughing, water splashing.

Ah~ What a nice day! The sky is blue and the breeze of the after rain bless my sense of smell. It’s refreshing!

“Alright! Now let’s continue to jog, shall we?” I stand up and start to do some small stretching before I start to jog my way back home.

Ting!

I lower my gaze towards my phone as the notification rings. A big smile has creeped its way onto my face when I see the familiar word.

‘The One and Only, My True Love’ have updated with a new chapter!

Awesome! My favourite fanfic has uploaded a new chapter! Shall we read it for a bit?’ Without hesitant, I tapped onto the notification as it leads to the app where I read my fanfic.

“GET OUT OF THE WAY!”

I looked up to the voice that shouted and I froze in the place, too shock with what’s happening. ‘Why is there a car coming this way? It’s a park…

CRASH

The blue sky turns pitch black. The sound of birds chirping is no longer there as all I can hear is people screaming. What happened? Why can’t I see anything? Wait… I can’t feel my body…

Ah… I am dead…

 

“My Lady! Wake up my Lady!”

My body is shaking softly. Sobs can be hear in the room. I could not open my eyes but my finger twitches. It seems that my body is fine now. I’m glad!

“She moved! Call the doctor now!” someone scream, instructing another person to make a move. Am I in the hospital? But the smell is rather sweet than those antiseptic smell the hospital usually have.

Slowly I make my eyes open and it widens as I see the person in front of me right now is no other than BTS maknae, Jeon Jungkook. “W-what? J-jungkook?” I gasped, cupping my wide opened mouth with my hand. ‘Why is Jungkook here?’

He gets closer, standing beside my bed as he slowly takes my hand and plaster a rather sad smile. “Yes, my Lady. Do you need anything?” he said with his sweet voice.

Wait… Did he just called me ‘My Lady?’ and why is he wearing that clothes?

Ah! I get it now… I am in heaven, aren’t I? But then I rather have Kim Taehyung here than Jungkook. I smiled back at him, holding his hand that holds mine. “I’m fine my dear! Seeing you makes me feel healthy and lively” Well this is heaven, right? It’s fine to say this right?

Jungkook chuckled before placing down my hand onto my stomach. “I will get your food prepare my Lady”.

“Food? But you are my foo-“ my words cut as someone barged in my room.

“HEEYEON!”

My eyes meet the person that shouted as soon as he gets in. “Heeyeon-ah! You made me worried!”

I squint to look at who the person is as he makes way towards me. As he gets nearer, my eyes widen again, it’s Got7 Yugyeom. “Y-yugyeom?” I stutter and he pulls me in his embrace, sobbing softly. “You made me worried about you! So much! I was scared!” he said, burying his head in my wavy hair.

Wait… Wavy hair? Since when do I have a wavy hair? And… Didn’t Yugyeom call out the name Heeyeon? I’m Jinah though…

Feeling confused, my eyes started to travel across the room with Yugyeom still hugging me. And slowly I realise that the place and outfit does not belong to any modern and Asian house. It’s more of an antique and western vibe. Almost as if it’s like a historical western setting.

“Heeyeon-ah! Are you really okay?” Yugyeom who pulls away from me, stare into my eyes for confirmation on my wellbeing. “I… Yes, I am” I replied, still confuse on what’s happening. With all the people surrounding me, I kind of feel suffocate. ‘This can’t be a dream when I clearly feel Yugyeom’s body heat. Now that I think of it, when I touched Jungkook’s hand, the skin texture feels so real.

My eyes roll back as I feel exhausted with all the question and thoughts pop out in my brain making it as if I am fainting. Which actually maybe I am.

“My Lady!” “Heeyeon-ah!”

Yugyeom quickly support my lady as my body falls. He slowly makes me lean and rest on the bed again.

With my pale lips, I mutter “This is not right!”. I look up and meet eyes with the people… no… they seem to be servants… along with Yugyeom’s eyes. Jungkook is no longer in the room though. “Heeyeon-ah! You look sick still.” Yugyeom with a worried tone spoke.

“I think I need some time to rest. Can you call please leave?” I said in a low voice. Yugyeom repeated my words and the servants make their way out from my room after excusing themselves. Yugyeom grabs onto my hand. I look at him and smile weakly. “You too Yugyeom. I want to be alone right now.” I said and he pouted before standing up and brushes the strands off my face. “Do you still need food though?”

Oh yeah… I am kind of hungry…

“Yes! Jungkook went to get them.”

“Okay! I will be leaving now! Make sure to take your food and medicine, Heeyeon-ah” he said before leaving after I bid him goodbye.

Alright! Now I am alone in this huge room… Let’s try to recap and think what the hell is going on right now!

First, I went to the park.

Second, I got into an accident.

Third, I died? I think? But I am breathing?

I place my finger below my nostrils and breathes out. Okay so there’s air… I pinch my nose for some second and gasp for air after feeling suffocating. “Okay so I am breathing… Did I somehow reincarnated?”

I sigh before standing up and walk around the room, to see if I can find anything. I walk towards the dresser and gasp the amount of dresses and luxurious items including jewellery. “Okay this is really heaven!” the wide smile can no longer be control as I went around to explore each item in the room.

Then I stop as I pass by the big mirror that’s at the corner of the room. I gasped at how beautiful the reflection is. “Is this… my reincarnated face? Oh damn! I look hella gorgeous!” I squealed and I can’t hold myself but to touch every part of my new face and body.

“Ehem!”

I stop on what I was doing and looks straight at the person that cleared his throat. I dropped the dress that I was holding and gasped. It’s Jungkook… How much did he saw? I blushed madly as I feel embarrassed with touching myself just now.

He chuckled softly which makes my jaw drop at how charming he was with that chuckle of his. “It’s good to see that you are doing well my Lady” he looks at me from head to toe before walking towards me. “Please let me help you put that back my Lady” he said as he reaches the dress I picked up.

“Ah yes!” I handed it to him before rubbing my left arm awkwardly. “Your food is ready! Would you like to eat it on your bed?” he said as he places the dress back to its place. I was spacing out as I can’t help but to stare at his firm biceps, basically drooling. “My Lady?”

“Huh? Oh! I will eat at the sofa” I said, swallowing my saliva that was at the verge on dripping. “Understood!” he said, heading back to me to guide me back to my room and towards the sofa. To be having BTS Jungkook as my butler is sinful. How can I make him a butler? What am I even doing in this life? Not that I am complaining but oh god look at that body… Yes, I can’t help myself again and drool over my hot butler.

“Would you like me to company while you eat or you would like to eat alone my Lady?” he said as he placed all the food onto the coffee table. Damn I hate to admit that the food looks more appetising than Jungkook. I look up at him after staring at my food. “Can you please stay?” I pause as I think. It’s better to have some small talks with him. I need to know where I am and who I am anyway. Let’s start with… “Jungkook, what happened to me actually?”

Jungkook eyes widen as he is shock to hear my question. Ah! Let’s act as if I lost my memories which actually, I have no memories of. “I kind of forgot what happened so I want to know”

He sighs worriedly before standing up straight again. “You were poisoned my Lady.” He said. Poisoned? Someone wanted to kill me? I mean Heeyeon? “Who?” I asked.

“We are not sure about that my Lady but your father has been sending out people to find out about it.”

“My father?”

“Yes! The Duke.”

DUKE?

I paused for a moment. So, this is the era where they have those systems huh? But to think I am the Duke’s daughter…

Wait… The name Heeyeon does sounds familiar… Along with Jungkook being a butler… And who was Yugyeom? He doesn’t seem to be a servant based on his clothes.

Then it hits me. “The One and Only, My True Love”

Jungkook tilt his head, confused with what I muttered. I am in the fanfic. I am Kim Heeyeon… The daughter of Kim Duke. Holy Shi-

“My Lady? Are you alright?” Jungkook gets closer, ready to hold onto me as I have my hands rubbing my temple. “Y-yeah I am. Please give me some time to think.” Jungkook stands up straight and bows before heading out.

“You got to be kidding me! Heeyeon? Isn’t she the villainous in the fanfic?” I gasped in disbelief. “Then what should I do now? Be mean to Hayoung is it?” I lean back to the sofa and groan loudly in frustration. No! I don’t have to be mean! Why not I help her? Yeah that’s a good idea!

I smile proudly before frowns again. “But what will Hayoung thinks? Heeyeon have been bad towards her” I sigh in frustration and ruffles my hair in annoyance. “No. Let’s find out where I am at! Based on the fanfic, my engagement with the prince ended right? But Jungkook said my dad is still a Duke. That means I am somewhere in the early stage of the fanfic?”

I hum as I think deeper. Then that means, Hayoung haven’t meet up with the prince as she is suppose to be the people that attend me.

“You were poisoned my Lady”

Jungkook’s words lingers in my mind. As I recall, I don’t remember Heeyeon being poisoned. Is that suppose to happened? But then the story was based on Hayoung. Someone wants to kill Heeyeon. I am not going to let my second life waste on that. I need to be careful.

 

 


 

 

Author's Corner

Introducing the Profile Card of our main character in this chapter!