02 Starting My New Life

Something Isn't Right

“Make me your maid!”

Hearing that word, made my eyes widen. Right now, in front of me, Lady Hayoung told me to make her my maid. Here is what happened. The day after my awaken, Yugyeom heads in my room only to tell me a shocking news.

“I was told to bring you to the palace for your courtesy lesson and preparing you to be the ideal crown princess for his young highness” is what spoke out from Yugyeom’s lips. It did make me curious to why Yugyeom is here considering he is a knight of the royal family.

“Wait! Is it that time already?” I gasped in shock. I do know that I will have to leave the Dukedom but I didn’t know it will be this quick!

“Yes Heeyeon-ah. If it is okay with you, can we leave in two days?”

“TWO DAYS?” I said with a loud voice. That’s really short. I haven’t gotten to spend some time with my new parents though! Urgh! Just when I thought of getting spoiled by them and this happen!

“Fine! Jungkook. Get my things ready by then” I sighed, rubbing my wrinkled forehead. “Yes, my Lady! Also, it’s a short notice but Lady Hayoung have arrived to see you my Lady!”

Hearing the name of the main protagonist in the fanfic I read had my head shoot up to meet his gaze. Gosh! His face really makes my day…

“Please lead her to my room and get us some sweet treats and tea” lucky that I have been reading some western historical fanfic and manhwa that I kind of sort of practice when I am bored.

“Understood my Lady!” he bows and walks out. I look back at Yugyeom and plastered a small smile. “Yugyeom oppa. You don’t seem to look good. Did something happen?” I asked as I grab onto his hand and give them a light squeeze.

“It’s just that I told brother that you woke up but he didn’t come huh?” he said as a small and sad smile curve up. “I will leave you and Lady Hayoung to talk. Excuse me Heeyeon-ah” he said as he bows and leave the room as Hayoung’s presences can be seen at the door frame.

Hayoung and Heeyeon have been friends since they were little as our mothers were acquaintance. I can see the tears about to fall from the sweet girl’s eyes. “Hayoung-ah” I called out her name softly. “Why are you standing there for? Come here!” I said, spreading my arms widely to welcome the sobbing girl in my embrace.

“Heeyeon, you meanie! You made me so worried about you!” she said burying her face onto the crook of my neck. I gently pat her back to sooth her cries.

“I’m still alive silly!” not really. I am not Heeyeon. Heeyeon probably died. I sighed, thinking how miserable Heeyeon must have been.

“I know! And I am glad!” the sob subtle and she pulls away before sitting properly on the bed with me. Our hands still hold onto each other, squeezing one another. “I heard that you will be going to the palace soon”

I sighed at the thought of being in the palace. Well if it were the real Heeyeon, she would love it cause the love of her life is there but knowing how that guy treats Heeyeon, I am not that excited to go to the palace.

“Yeah and it seems like we will not be spending time together huh?” my lips gaped. That line I just spoke. That’s the same line as how Heeyeon would have said… and the thing that happened next is…

“Make me your maid!” Hayoung said simply with a wide smile. “I am just from the Baron family. Why not make me your maid so that I can be by your side? You have to hire a noble to be your servant in the palace anyway so why not me?”

What she said is true. And in the fanfic, Heeyeon was so happy and agreed easily but that’s the cause of their friendship break up. Do I want that to happen? I am scared. I kind of want her to be my friend still because she is so sweet but then they are fated to meet. It’s all written.

Busy with my thoughts that I did not even reply to her, Hayoung pouts, knowing that’s one of Heeyeon’s weakness. “You do know I will be bored if you get all busy in the palace Heeyeon-ah”.

Aahhh! I can’t take it! She is so pretty and her pout is just too cute! I sigh in defeat and nod my head with a defeated smile. “Okay fine! I will hire you as my maid” I said, squeezing her hand.

‘It’s fine! It was Heeyeon that love the crown prince and not me. I am sure nothing will happen…’

“Yay! We will be together even more now!” she squeals, hugging me tightly. “Oh god Hayoung! I will die in suffocating if you do this!”

 

.

 

Sometime later, Hayoung left the manor and here I am lying once again on the bed feeling bored. “If only there’s a smartphone” I groaned, rolling all over the bed.

Knock! Knock!

“My Lady… It’s Jungkook”

That got me shock. I quickly sit up and fix my dress. “Come in!”

The buff bunny enters the room with a cloak. “I was wondering if you would like to walk around the manor before you leave my Lady”

Saviour! I did I not think of that? I quickly stand up and Jungkook walks towards me, wrapping my body with the cloak. His gesture made me blush. I hung my head low shyly and I mutter ‘Thank you’.

I step outside of the room and was awed at how wide the corridor and the window is. And here I thought that my door is tall but the window though. I looked around the area to see some servant doing some cleaning. They greeted me and I greeted back with a smile as Jungkook and I start to walk.

I could not help but to notice how beautiful the scenery beyond the window. The garden is properly taken care of. Jungkook notice how I could not stop looking at the window as he emits a chuckle. “Shall we head out to the garden my Lady?”

I looked up at him and nod rather eagerly. “Can we?”

“Of course! It’s your families so why can’t you?” he laughed at my silly question. Ops! Well I am still not that use to with the surrounding. “That’s true” I laugh awkwardly.

With the amount of the flowers in the garden, the scent sure is something here. I love it! If only it rains, the smell might enhance more and it will be more refreshing. At least for me. I reached out to hold onto the rose gently. It’s a gradient of yellow and red. How beautiful it looks.

“Heeyeon?” a deep voice, deeper than Jungkook’s ring my ear. I look up to meet the owner of the voice. It belongs to the tall tree, my ultimate bias, Seventeen’s Mingyu. I almost cursed due to shock. Damn. He is wearing a formal wear of what people here wear. He is so hot!

“Mingyu oppa” I approached him. Heeyeon and Mingyu are cousin’s and Mingyu lives in the Duke manor as he is the heir. Heeyeon is the only child of the current Duke and the Duke refuse to marry another woman and so, Mingyu, whose father is the Duke’s younger brother become the next in line. Did I mentioned that Yugyeom is related to Mingyu? Yugyeom is his half-brother as they both have different mother though Yugyeom does not have Mingyu’s father’s blood.

“It seems that you are doing well huh?” he said with a poker face. If I were not to control my emotion, I would have whine and groan. They made my bias mean towards Heeyeon a.k.a me right now. Sure, I support him the most in the fanfic but now that I am Heeyeon, the person Mingyu hated the most is not very pleasant now would it?

“Yes. I am very much healthy my dear brother” I plastered a rather annoyed smile. I didn’t mean to show such expression thought but it came out of habit of Heeyeon’s. It wouldn’t be a lie if I don’t feel frustrated around Mingyu too. Damn! Heeyeon’s feelings concurring over mine! This isn’t good.

“Now… Please excuse me!” I bowed my head a bit before walking pass him. Mingyu hated Heeyeon as he is often compared to her. If Heeyeon doesn’t marry the crown prince, she would have taken over the Dukedom which is why Mingyu be feeling all pressure about it. “Will I get to be at peace with him though” I muttered.

“Did you say something my Lady?” Jungkook leans in towards my face to get a clear hearing which only be receiving a loud shriek from me due to shock at how close we got. Jungkook could not hold it as he groans in pain and cup his ears. “Ah I am so sorry! Its your fault to lean so close to me!” I said, reaching out to his hand that cup his ear.

“I am okay my Lady! Rest assure” he said with a smile. Well still having the painful look which cause me to laugh a bit from how cute he is for holding it in but failed. “Let me see it! Who knows if I blow in it, it will feel better?”

Jungkook eyes widen. “My Lady… That’s a bit…” he paused as he blushes madly. I tilt my head as I am confused with his sudden red face. “Are you sick?” I asked, pressing the back of my hand onto his forehead.

“Heeyeon-ah!”

Not even a second, I turned to see Yugyeom getting near us. “Why are you outside? You should rest more” he looks at me before shooting a glare at Jungkook. “Well since you are here, let’s go have some drink at the patio” he suggested. “Sure! Sounds nice!”

“Jungkook, can you please prepare us some tea and snacks?” Yugyeom who is still glaring Jungkook instructed him.

“Of course, young master!” he said before heading off and I was led by Yugyeom to the patio.

.

Yugyeom started the conversation about his training and work at the palace. It sure is funny as I can’t help but to laugh at some story. “You seem to be enjoying your work. I am glad” I said as I sip my tea.

“Well this job isn’t actually what I had in mind but…” he paused as he meets my gaze. “It’s the only way that I can protect you”

I froze. Not knowing how I could react with his words. How can I have forgot? Yugyeom have a crush on Heeyeon in the fanfic. But damn that’s pretty smooth of him to say such things. I plastered a soft smile, placing my cup down and bow my head a bit. “Then I will be in your care”

It must be sad for Yugyeom to see the love of his life to be married of to someone else. He laughed at my reply and so did I as laughter is contagious but then again, his laughter lightens up the mood. “Ah! I forgot to tell you that after I send you off, I won’t be around much”

“What? Why? Where are you going?”

“There’s a rumours that the neighbouring country is preparing for a war. I needed to go there with Mingyu to settle things down”

“I see… Please make sure to be safe and return in one piece” I said with a sad expression. I know that he will be safe but I could not help but to worry.

.

The next day have past and it’s now the moving day. I got to spend the whole day yesterday with my new parents and I did get spoiled which made me happy. And Heeyeon’s personality towards her parents made it easy for me to have some discussions despite of no memories of Heeyeon’s.

Mother have her scarf on her face as she sobs while father hugs her. I smile weakly as I give them a tight hug before getting in the carriage with Jungkook. Yugyeom will be leading us towards the palace with his horse.

The ride was rather rough but mid-way from reaching the palace, the carriage stopped. I peeked out to see what happened and my eyes have been blessed with another main lead of ‘The One and Only, My True Love’ which is Cha Eunwoo of Astro.

 


 

Author's Corner

So I kinda had this prepared early and why not post it right? Also I changed my time on updates every tuesday and saturday via kst but no time confirmation thouhj hehe
Anywayyy.... This chapter's character reveal!!!