Telling The Friends

Blurred Lines [RE-UPLOAD]

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Doyeon asked Yoojung as they approached their school’s gates.

“Yes, why are you having second thoughts?” Yoojung replied, turning to face Doyeon.

“No, I still want to.” Doyeon smiled at Yoojung.

“Okay good!” Yoojung grinned. “Should we hold hands to make it seem more realistic?” She looked at Doyeon.

Doyeon nodded and reached to hold Yoojung’s hand, Yoojung happily accepted the gesture and held onto Doyeon’s hand. She swung their hands together and smiled brightly. It wasn’t unusual for the pair to give each other this type of affection; in fact it’s part of the reason as to why everyone who knew them thought that they were dating.

They walked through the school gates and were making their way over to their friends when Doyeon came to a sudden halt. She had a thought, a thought that she knew she needed to discuss with Yoojung before they told their friends about their “relationship.”

“What’s wrong?” Yoojung frowned, wondering why Doyeon had suddenly stopped and had let go of her hand.

“I had a thought,” Doyeon hesitated for a moment. Truthfully she was a little embarrassed about even having this thought but she knew it was important because she knew what Yoojung and her friends were like. “What if Jieqiong and Somi don’t believe us?”

Yoojung blinked a few times, before giggling. “Doyeon, they’ve been telling us that we’re dating since the day we met. I’m sure that they’ll believe us.”

Doyeon sighed and shook her head. “No, I mean... What if they ask us to kiss or something?”

Yoojung thought for a few moments. “Hmm... Well, would you feel comfortable kissing me?”

Doyeon hesitated for a minute, bobbed up and down but no words came out. Honestly, she had never even thought about kissing Yoojung after all she was her best friend, and they were only friends. “Umm...” Doyeon bit her lip, still thinking.

“Doyeon, it’s okay if you don’t want to. We don’t have to do anything you’re not comfortable with,” Yoojung reassured her. “It was a stupid idea.”

“No!” Doyeon exclaimed, a little too loudly as it attracted a few looks from other students. “I mean, no. It wasn’t a stupid idea.” She sighed. “I just don’t want our friendship to be ruined, you know?”

“Doyeon,” Yoojung said her name softly. “We’re faking the relationship, nothing is at risk. I promise you.”

Doyeon wasn’t sure what it was that made her agree to it, maybe it was Yoojung’s sincerity in her soft voice or maybe it was the fact that she wanted to prank her friends or maybe something else... But all she knew was that she had just agreed that she would kiss her best friend if asked to do so. Something which she never thought she’d do.

“Alright! It’s settled,” Yoojung grinned. “We’ll kiss if we have to.” She grabbed Doyeon’s hand and started swinging it as they made their way over to their friends.

“Here comes our favourite couple!” Jieqiong giggled.

Rather than denying it like they usually would Doyeon and Yoojung just stayed silent with big smiles on their faces.

“No denial, hm?” Somi smirked.

“Why would we deny something that’s true?” Yoojung replied, with a smirk on her face.

“WHAT?!” Somi and Jieqiong shouted in unison.

“You’re dating?” Somi asked with wide eyes. “Oh my God, I knew it!” She shrieked.

“How long have you been dating?” Jieqiong questioned.

“I asked Doyeon to be my girlfriend last night,” Yoojung grinned and Doyeon nodded along.

“All this ‘just friends’ bull. I knew that there was more to it, the way you guys look at each other... It’s not how friends look at each other.” Jieqiong stated before adding.”I must admit though, I am surprised it’s taken you guys this long to realize that you have feelings for each other.”

“I agree, it’s been like literal years!” Somi exclaimed.

“Well, maybe we were both just shy.” Yoojung smiled.

“Doyeon, you’re awfully quiet.” Somi commented.

“I’m just enjoying hearing my girlfriend’s beautiful voice,” Doyeon replied.

“Ew, gross!” Somi pretended to gag. “I think its better when you’re quiet,” she laughed and everyone laughed along with her.

“Hey! Be nice to my girlfriend,” Yoojung huffed.

“Ooh defensive, are we?” Somi stuck her tongue out playfully.

“Shut it,” Yoojung laughed.

 “Babe, calm down.” Doyeon smiled as she wrapped her arms around Yoojung’s waist, back hugging her. “There’s no use getting annoyed,” she whispered before placing a kiss on Yoojung’s cheek.

“God, must you two be so gross this early? Some of us are still single, you know?!” Jieqiong huffed; causing Somi, Doyeon and Yoojung to laugh.

“We can’t help it,” Yoojung stuck her tongue out playfully.

Somi and Jieqiong just rolled their eyes and muttered a “whatever.”

“Anyway,” Yoojung giggled. “I think we should get to class, the bell’s going to ring any second now.”

With that the girl’s walked to their respective classes. Yoojung was in the same class as Jieqiong and Somi meanwhile Doyeon was in a separate class.

“I’ll walk you to your class if you want, babe.” Yoojung smiled, as she held onto Doyeon’s hand interlocking their fingers.

Doyeon smiled at the gesture and nodded. “I’ll see you guys later,” she gestured towards Somi and Jieqiong who both nodded and headed to their classroom.

“I can’t believe they fell for it,” Yoojung giggled once she knew that the other girl’s were out of sight.

“Me neither,” Doyeon smiled before adding; “although they have been saying that we’re dating for a long time now, so it’s no wonder they fell for it.”

“That’s true,” Yoojung hummed.

Once they arrived at Doyeon’s classroom, they let go of each other’s hands.

“Come here,” Yoojung said opening her arms so that Doyeon could hug her.

Doyeon happily obliged and hugged Yoojung, they hugged each other until the bell rang. Neither of them wanted to let go of the other, this wasn’t unusual for them as they often hugged each other for a while. However, this time it felt different. Especially for Doyeon, Doyeon wasn’t sure if it was because of their fake relationship or something else but once Yoojung let go of her she felt sad.

“I’ll see you later,” Yoojung smiled.

“Okay, I’ll see you later. I hope you don’t get into trouble for being late because of me.” Doyeon said softly, before  placing a kiss on Yoojung’s nose.

“It’ll be worth it after all you are my girlfriend now,” Yoojung giggled.

Doyeon wasn’t sure why but hearing Yoojung calling her her girlfriend made her heart skip a beat. Despite knowing that it was all pretend. “Yeah, I know. I just don’t want you getting detention.” Doyeon said calmly, although her heart was racing.

“Wait, one last thing before you go into class and before I bid you farewell.” Yoojung laughed.

“What’s up?” Doyeon asked.

“I want to give you this,” Yoojung grinned before placing a quick kiss on Doyeon’s lips. “Alright, I’ll see you later!” She smiled before walking away.

Doyeon couldn’t even process what had just happened before her teacher called her into the classroom.

She wasn’t sure why Yoojung had just kissed her when their friends weren’t around, all she knew is that she liked the feeling of Yoojung’s soft lips against her own and she liked the feeling that she was feeling in that moment.