Oh.

Blurred Lines [RE-UPLOAD]

During class Doyeon couldn’t focus, no matter how hard she tried. She couldn’t get the kiss out of her mind. She wasn’t upset that Yoojung had kissed her, far from it, and that’s what was confusing her. She knew despite the fact they were always incredibly affectionate with each other anyway there would be a lot more affection, and she had a feeling that there was always a possibility of kissing. However she thought that it would just be in front of their friends, after all that is what Yoojung had implied.

The bell rang signalling that class was over. Doyeon sighed with relief as she picked up her notebook and put in into her bag. She exited the classroom only to be greeted by a grinning Yoojung who instantly wrapped her arms around her.

“I missed you!” Yoojung told Doyeon, her voice was a little louder than usual which made people stop and stare at them.

Doyeon took a moment to process what was going on before she wrapped her arms around Yoojung, and smiled “I missed you too.”

“Damn, you’ve only been separated for what? An hour? And you’re acting like you haven’t seen each other in years.” Somi giggled as she walked past the couple.

“You’re just jealous,” Yoojung stuck her tongue out as she let go of Doyeon.

Somi laughed and shook her head. “I have to admit, you two are cute together.”

Doyeon nodded and smiled. “I agree.” She said as she wrapped her arm around Yoojung’s shoulder.

“Alright lovebirds, I’m gonna go home now. So I’ll see you tomorrow,” Somi smiled as she began to walk away. “I’ll text you!” She turned around and told the other girls who just nodded and waved, both grinning.

“So,” Yoojung looked at Doyeon. “Do you wanna come over to my house and hang out or do you have to go home today?” Yoojung pouted a little bit at the last part of her sentence, she hoped Doyeon could come over as she really enjoyed her company.

“Of course I’ll come over,” Doyeon smiled. “My parents are working late anyway.”

“Mine too,” Yoojung grinned as she reached for Doyeon’s hand. Doyeon gladly accepted the affection and the girls walked hand in hand to Yoojung’s house.

On the way to Yoojung’s house Doyeon had zoned out again. No matter how hard she tried to concentrate on what Yoojung was saying, she couldn’t get the kiss out of her mind. She needed to ask Yoojung why she did it, but how could she? How could she bring it up without making things awkward? What if Yoojung said it was just a joke? Doyeon frowned a little at the last thought. She didn’t want it to be a joke, she didn’t know what she wanted it to be.

“Doyeon?” Yoojung called, getting no response she tried again.

“Hello Doyeon?” Still no response.

“Doyeon!” She practically shouted Doyeon’s name across the street as she snapped her fingers.

“What? Oh, sorry.” Doyeon nervously chuckled. She knew that now Yoojung knew something was on her mind, as they had been friends for so long they could both pick up on little details of each other and how they act.

“Are you okay? I’ve been calling you for like 5 minutes.” Yoojung asked with concern in her tone.

“Oh no, I’m okay.” Doyeon smiled before quickly changing the subject; “oh we’re at your place already? That was quick.”

Yoojung frowned at her friends odd behaviour but decided she wouldn’t push it, instead she opened the door and followed as Doyeon walked inside. Despite Yoojung’s parents being out they headed for Yoojung’s room. Once they got inside Yoojung plopped herself on her bed and dramatically sighed.

“School is so boring!” She groaned.

“You say this every time I come over,” Doyeon giggled.

“Because it’s always boring,” Yoojung whined.

Doyeon just shook her head and sat on the bed next to Yoojung.

“Today was kind of funny though,” Yoojung sat up. “Somi and Jieqiong’s reactions to our dating news, I can’t believe they fell for it.” Yoojung giggled.

“I know,” Doyeon giggled along.

“So, I have a beautiful voice?” Yoojung smirked at Doyeon, remembering what she had said earlier.

Doyeon looked away and blushed. “Be quiet!” She said with hints of embarrassment in her tone.

“Hey, you said it.” Yoojung stuck her tongue out.

Doyeon just shook her head and the girls fell into a comfortable silence. Doyeon would occasionally sneak a glance at Yoojung who was on her phone texting their friends. Doyeon smiled softly at Yoojung before her thoughts took over.

A part of her desperately wanted to ask Yoojung about the kiss and whether it meant anything or if it was just acting, and if it was acting why did she do it when their friends weren’t around? However another part of her was too afraid to ask; partly because she didn’t want to make things awkward between them but also because she was afraid of the answer. Sighing, she raked her hand through her hair and looked at Yoojung who was still engrossed in her mobile phone.

“Is something wrong?” Yoojung asked, making Doyeon jump a little. When she had looked at Yoojung she seemed totally engrossed on her phone.

“I want to ask you something,” Doyeon said without thinking. Instantly once she said it, she regretted it. She didn’t want to make up some stupid question though, and lie to Yoojung about what was on her mind. She just wasn’t sure if she could handle the rejection.

“Sure, what’s up?” Yoojung smiled as she put her phone on her bedside table.

“You know earlier,” Doyeon nervously played with her fingers as she spoke. “What was it about?”

Yoojung blinked. She was utterly confused as to what Doyeon was talking about. “What happened earlier?”

Doyeon bit her lip nervously, still playing with her fingers. Had Yoojung forgotten about the kiss? Was she just pretending because she wanted to hear Doyeon say it? So many questions were swirling around Doyeon’s head that before she could properly think of what to say she blurted out; “the kiss, you kissed me before class earlier?”

“Oh that,” Yoojung began to play with the sleeves of her jacket which was what she did when she was nervous. “I don’t really know, Doyeon. It just felt right, you know?”

Doyeon nodded. “Yeah.”

“I don’t know, I guess I did it because at the time it felt right.” Yoojung shrugged.

“Oh, I see.” Doyeon nodded.

“Why? Did it make you uncomfortable?” Yoojung asked with worry in her tone.

“Oh no, not at all.” Doyeon reassured her. “I just wondered because I thought we were only going to act like a couple in front of our friends. I guess I just got a bit confused.”

“I don’t know I guess I just figured that maybe if we kissed somewhere that wasn’t in front of them they might think it really is real.”

“But they already believed us?” Doyeon frowned, unsure of what to make of Yoojung’s replies.

“I know, it’s like I said it just felt right at the time.” Yoojung replied.

“Does it feel right now?” Doyeon blurted out. Her eyes widened as she realized what she had said.

“What? You want to kiss me now?” Yoojung asked with confused laced in her voice.

“What? No, that’s not what I meant.” Doyeon sighed. “I meant do you regret kissing me?”

“Oh,” Yoojung hesitated for a moment. “No, I don’t.”

That’s good, Doyeon thought to herself. “Did it mean anything to you though?” Doyeon asked again without thinking.

“Oh, um,” Yoojung’s mouth bobbed up and down as she thought about how to answer. “I think we both need to remember that the relationship is fake. Maybe I got a little carried away and I’m sorry.”

“Yeah,” Doyeon said almost inaudibly. She took a deep breath and tried to avoid looking or sounding upset.

Doyeon wasn’t even sure why she was so upset, after all Yoojung was right. It is a fake relationship and that’s what she needed to remember. Still she couldn’t shake the feeling of rejection away, she needed to get out of there and away from Yoojung for a little while.

Doyeon pulled out her phone and checked the time. “Oh, I just remembered I have to go home and study.”

“Why don’t you just stay here and study?” Yoojung offered, completely unaware of how she had made Doyeon feel.

“Oh no, I don’t want you to be bored watching me study.” Doyeon put on a fake laugh.

“I could always try and help you?”

Doyeon forgot how persistent Yoojung could be.

“Honestly, it’s okay. My parents might come home early too, so I should probably make something to eat.”

“You said they were working late?” Yoojung tilted her head and frowned.

“Oh,” Doyeon bit her lip. “I just need to go home.”

Not wanting to push Doyeon any further Yoojung just nodded. She watched as Doyeon picked up her bag and walked down the stairs, Yoojung followed.

“Alright, well I’ll see you tomorrow.” Doyeon put on a fake smile.

“Doyeon, are you okay?” Yoojung frowned.

“Yes, I’m okay.” Doyeon nodded.

“It’s just usually you give me a hug before you leave,” Yoojung chuckled.

“Oh yeah, of course.” Doyeon opened her arms and embraced Yoojung in a tight hug. The girls stood there for at least two minutes neither wanting to let go of the other as they both felt upset and rejected but for different reasons.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Yoojung smiled as she pulled of the embrace.

“Yeah, see you.” Doyeon smiled as she walked down the path away from Yoojung’s house.

Once she closed the door Yoojung went back into her room and laid on her bed. She was utterly confused as to why Doyeon’s mood changed so quickly when they talked about the kiss, but it was Doyeon who brought it up. Yoojung frowned. Maybe Doyeon didn’t want to do the fake relationship anymore, Yoojung felt herself get upset at that thought. She wasn’t sure why she felt upset, after all it wasn’t like it’s a real relationship and it’s not like their friendship wouldn’t be over. She just couldn’t help but feel rejected though. She needed to talk to Doyeon about this, sooner rather than later.

Without thinking, Yoojung grabbed her phone and left her house, making her way to Doyeon’s. Whatever had happened to Doyeon just then, Yoojung wanted to fix it and make it right.