Broken Family

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Him Chan,” Jee Hye gently ran he fingers though the knotted locks. “You have to eat, at least for the baby.”

He didn’t even get to hold her,” he sobbed softly. “He wasn’t given the chance to even get a good look at her. She won’t even know who her Appa is.”

She will,” she said softly. “She will if you tell her about him. You can keep him alive in your memories. Tell her everything about him, even if you told the stories to her a million times.”

The male Carrier nodded, “has Yong Nam called their parents.”

Jee Hye nodded, “He called an hour ago. They’re worried for you.”

How are the twins?” he asked, not wanting to focus on himself.

They’re sleeping right now,” she answered sorrowfully. “I think they miss their parents; they, in a way, sense that neither will be coming back.”

HPC isn’t going to help?” Him Chan sat up in a fit of rage. “They won’t help Young Jae get his freedom.

She shook her head, “they were only willing to help you.”

And what about his children?” The black haired man tried not to scream at the innocent woman.

Jee Hye sighed, “they said the best they could do was take the babies to him, but since you both told Dr. Lee that the babies died...”

Him Chan nodded, “I don’t think Young Jae would want his babies in the Facility, but when he hears about Dae Hyun...”

She nodded understanding without having to hear it. “All we can do now is hope we can raise them the way their parents wanted them to be.”

How am I going to raise three babies?” he asked softly.

We’re all here for you,” the female Carrier patted his back. “You’re not going to be raising all three of them alone.”

But I’m the only one who knew they’re parents inside and out.” The younger looked up at her with lost eyes. “How did they even know where to find us? How did they find out which house was ours?”

Do you really want to know?”He nodded, Jye He hesitated before answering. “Hyeo Rim, she believed Dr. Lee. I guess he had some of your guys’ papers with him.”

The black haired man couldn’t help but feel a bit betrayed by Hyeo Rim, but he know she wasn’t completely at fault. She didn’t know their story, nobody know except for Jee Hye and Seo Gu. Him Chan let out an exhausted sigh, “we need to find a way to get Young Jae back. I’m not going to stop until he’s back with us.”

Don’t work yourself too hard.” She warned pulling the younger into a hug. “You need your strength to watch the children as well.”

I know. The maknaes are going to need a lot of help.” The male Carrier smiled softly.

What do you mean?”

Dae Hyun wanted them to take them in,” Him Chan’s tears fell silently.

She smiled, “and he said he didn’t want them near his children. But are they really ready to take care of two babies?”

We can take care of them,” Jun Hong interrupted. “Sure we don’t know much about babies, but we can take care of them. We’ll take them in. We only need a little bit of help, Young Jae and Dae Hyun taught us a lot already.”

The black haired man sighed softly, “now, I understand why Dae Hyun wanted you two to take them in. Although, you two might have to mate soon or wait until they are a little older. They need to bond with you two more.”

The blonde nodded, “we’ll talk about that after dinner, but now, please eat.”

I will, don’t worry.” Him Chan smiled.

 

You did what?!” Dr. Yoo yelled into the receiver. “How the hell did that happen?”

This was not at all what they planned. They were only suppose to bring back Young Jae and Him Chan, the death of the two Dominates was not part of the plan. The old doctor hung up the phone, not wanting to hear the Team Member’s excuse. How was he going to explain this accident to the board?

The doctor pause mid-step, how was he going to tell his son? The now purple haired boy was going to be devastated. First the young Carrier lost his children and now his mate, it was going to send him in a downward spiral. Depression will hit him hard. He could only hope that JB would be able to save him.

Dr. Yoo sighed, looking at the sad boy laying on hospital bed. The younger was already having a hard time believing that he possibly would not be able to have any more children and here he was going to tell him more bad news.

The purple haired boy looked to his father with drowsy eyes. “What do you want?”

The elder sighed shaking his head, “I don’t know how to tell you this-.”

Just tell me already,” he didn’t care is he was rude. It was rude to send the Team after him and tear his family apart. “What more do you have to say to me?”

The older doctor swallowed hard, “Dae Hyun didn’t make it.”

What do you mean ‘didn’t make it’?” Young Jae was confused.

The elder sighed, “he and Yong Guk were crossing a bridge when it collapsed beneath them.”

The purple haired boy paled. He couldn’t breathe. “And Him Chan?”

He and his daughter made it to the other side.” Dr. Yoo gently squeezed his son’s shoulder.

The younger slapped his hand away, “don’t touch me. Just leave me alone. Please.”

The doctor nodded, quietly leaving the room as the purple haired boy began sobbing his heart out. There was nothing he could do to comfort the Carrier. He couldn’t bring back the two Dominates nor could he give him his babies back. He could only hope that they could help him gain back his fertility. He paused remembering something in his pocket.

Young Jae,” the old doctor called softly.

The purple haired boy looked up with empty eyes, “What?”

The elder sighed walking to the boy laying in bed. “I don’t know if this will mean anything to you, but here.”

Young Jae look at what the doctor pulled out his pocket. His brown eyes teared up as he recognized the ring, the ring that was given to him at his Introduction Ceremony by his mate. Slowly he picked it up out of the other’s hand, “Where did you get this?”

Dr. Lee gave it to me,” he explained. “He said one of the Team Member’s had it, they couldn’t explain where or how they got it though. It’s your’s isn’t it?”

The younger nodded. “Dae Hyun had given it to me. It was his Umma’s. His father gave it to her during their Introduction Ceremony, and he gave it to me during ours...”

Dr. Yoo gently patted his son’s back. “I know you miss him... and your children. As you know, we still have some of his vials left. They go to you and if you want, you can be inseminated with them.”

But wouldn’t they be old?” The purple haired boy looked at his father, trying not to get his hopes high.

The doctor shook his head, “They last for a while, we just like to keep them fresh. It’s just a little matter about frozen being a bit lazy. But we can do everything we can to make sure you still have a part of him.”

The younger hesitated, “But... am I able to have children?”

You've healed just fine,” Dr. Yoo sighed. “We just have to run a few test to make sure you’re alright and then we can proceed to inseminating you.”

Young Jae gave a weak smile, “I would like that.”

"Although," the old doctor hesitated, "You may already be pregnant."

 

A young woman tied back her long hair into a bun as she headed down to a nearby river with her sister.

Be careful girls,” their mother called. “Hyo Sung make sure she doesn’t dawdle and helps you with the fish.”

Don’t worry Umma,” she called back as the girls picked up their fishing poles and a small ice chest that would keep their catch fresh.

The sisters giggled as they raced to the river in a carefree matter, making their way to their usual spot. The elder stopped noticing piece of rope and wood floating by. Her eyes widened in fear, 'someone must’ve fallen.'

She tugged he sister, “Go tell Appa that the bridge broke and that someone might be injured. Go quickly.”

The younger girl nodded before running back home calling out loudly, much to her sister’s annoyance. Hyo Sung gently tossed he pole aside as she rushed towards the river, frantically searching for anyone. Her eyes nearly popping out of their sockets as two bodies floated closer. Acting quickly she swam to them taking each man into her arms, trying desperately trying to pull the both of them up to shore. She prayed that they were still alive.

Hyo Sung,” her father called.

Over here,” she called back. “Quick, I don’t know if they’re alright.”

The elder man helped his daughter pull the two bodies to shore where his mate and youngest waited to help.

They’re kind of cute,” the little girl giggled.

The elder woman began helping her mate check them for injuries and a pulse. Hyo Sung spoke softly, “Are they alive?”