Why?

I still love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Thank you for today! See you tomorrow!

Medical staff: See you tomorrow team leader!

I bowed to the nurses and doctors of my team, as they bowed back to me. Luckily today I was off earlier than since there weren’t really any patients. Woking my way to the top as a team leader was hard and I'm proud of it but that wasn't what was important right now. I quickly got to the hospital's parking lot and entered my car before I drove over to a flower shop and brought a bouquet of red roses. As I exited the shop, I couldn't help but smile to myself as I sniffed the flower. I couldn't wait to see her reaction when receiving it.

I finally got home and quietly closed the door behind me and took off my shoes. I could hear Jungeun talking in our bedroom but I couldn't make out clearly what she was talking about. Maybe she was talking to her parents about her pregnancy? Somehow the thought of it made me smile even wider. I moved closer and closer to the door. Just as I stood right in front of it, I dropped the flowers.

Jungeun: And how in the world do I tell Jahoon, this isn't her child?

I stared down at the floor in shock. What…. what does she mean by it is not…. my child? Has she been cheating on me? No… no, I must have heard it wrong. Maybe she had heard me opening the door and maybe she was just acting? Right? As I stood, still in my own world, the door to our bedroom opened. I looked up from the floor to see Jungeun staring at me in shock. She reached out to me and tried to move closer but my body just kept moving backward.

Jungeun: Jahoon…. It is not what you are thinking….

Jahoon: Oh! So it must just be my imagination~ You just didn't say "How in the world do I tell Jahoon, this isn't her child?"?

I mocked her by mimicking her voice. Jungeun looked down at the floor. It looked like she was about to cry but I couldn't care less at that moment. I tried to held back my tears and looked at her in disbelief.

Jungeun: Please believe me…. It was a mistake…. I didn’t want it to happen….

Her voice came out as a whisper. Her voice cracking as she was on the verge of crying. I took in a deep breath while closing my eyes and tried to compose myself.

Jahoon: Who is it?

My own voice came out like a whisper like I was denying the truth and this was all of a bad dream. Jungeun’s right hand moved towards her stomach, as she caressed.

Jungeun: A girl named Heejin.

I nodded. I took our wedding ring in my right hand and placed it on her left palm, making her looking at me in surprise. I took another deep breath.

Jahoon: I’m sorry for not being a good wife enough for you. If you have been sleeping with other girls, that is because I have done wrong. Let us end it here, then you can finally love the person you want.

I turned around and began walking over to the entrance. Suddenly I felt Jungeun’s arm wrapping around my waist. I could feel her tears wetting my back but I couldn’t bring myself to turn around and hug her.

Jungeun: Please don’t leave me…. Please I beg you…. I have made a mistake, I know but I really love you…. You make me a better person and I’m always happy when I’m with yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter