Chapter 10

THE RETURN OF YOO RACHEL

Hyo Shin tried to call her. The line was free but nobody answered. He tried and tried and tried. He had bad feelings for Rachel, since he knew that illness very well. 

He decided to call Young Do, knowing he was close to her too.

 

'Young Do… excuse me to call you this late. Do you have news of Rachel? I tried to call her but she didn't respond. Is she there with you?' He hoped for a good answer.

 

'No. I try to call her now, if she doesn't respond, I'll go to her home. I have double keys. Thank you for the advice. As soon as I have news, I'll call you.' Knowing Anne pushed her away, made him more angry. 

Like Hyo Shin, no answer at his call. He started to have cold sweat.

He could not lose his best friend and her at the same time, it would have been too unbearable. When he opened the door, he started to seek her, calling her name. He found her cellphone and his worries grew.

 

'Hyo Shin… She is not at home and her cellphone is here. What must we do now?' Young Do's tone of voice was very high.

 

'We must stay calm and focused. Where could she go?' The director said. 'Lee Esther home? Bo Na's one?'  He continued.

 

'Not at this time… ' The tall man replied.

 

'The office!!!' Both said in unison.

 

Young Do was driving like crazy. In a quarter of an hour he reached the destination. He rang the doorbell and after some time, a movement was heard behind it. 

 

'Rachel, open the door. It's me, Young Do…' he pleaded.

 

She did it, Surprised. 

 

He embraced her with a big relief.

He immediately took out his phone and called Hyo Shin.

 

'I have found her… it's all right. I'll call you tomorrow.'

 

'Fine. Thank you, Young Do. Please, stay with her. If you need anything, call me. Bye'.

 

Rachel was still looking at him with curiosity.

 

'What are you doing here, at this time, Brother?' She asked.

 

'We called you, but you didn't answer, so we were worried…'

 

'I went home and I smelled his scent. I wanted him there, I felt him there… I could not stay there anymore and I walked here. It’s unbearable, Young Do…'


He tugged at her.

'Do you think you are the only one to suffer? I do, his parents do, his friends do. How many people have this suffering? Thousand and thousand, but they react to desperation. If he knew you were so weak, he wouldn't have fallen in love with you, trust me. He told me that the thing he liked more about you was your grit. If you respect Myung Soo, you must live your life to the fullest…'

 

'Really, Young Do?

 

'Really, Rachel. Show him/us your lively attitude to life. It's the right thing to do and I, Hyo Shin, Bo Na will be with you to have it again. Rent your place and change it. Too many memories there for you, and now you don't need it. What do you think about coming back to Zeus hotel with me? I'm alone now and I need you too to comfort me.'.

 

'You have Anne… She can help you and I don’t think she would have me there…' Rachel didn't understand.

 

'We broke up. I'm not lying, I really need you.'

 

This time, she embraced him as much as possible, since he was a 'Tree'.

She transferred, with only the necessary, to Zeus again.

Lee Esther decided to not postpone her wedding, because it was her dream since she was young.

 

At the wedding, only a few guests were invited. The ceremony went well and everyone was satisfied. Chan Yeong and Rachel decided to participate and finally they hugged without hesitation, with his wife disappointing.

 

'Ya, Rachel! He is mine… Don't you remember?' Bo Na didn't want to see the two together.

 

'Don't worry, badass! I'm only embracing my brother… and now you're my sister in law, so don't overreact about it…' RR's CEO answered.

 

The wife was reassured by a sweet kiss from her husband.

 

It seemed that all was perfect, when Rachel's headache started again, so strong that it took her eyes. She couldn't open them. She took her usual pill to contrast it, hoping to get better but in vain. She didn't want to ruin the feast, but she was not well. She tried to resist, to not let bad comments go out about her hate versus her mother. Chan Yeong saw her in difficulty and took her away.

 

'Brother, please call me a taxi. I need to rest in bed. This headache is too strong.'

 

'I do it now, Rachel, don't worry.'  In the meantime, Bo Na reached them.

 

'How do you feel, Rachel? You are so pale…' She was sad for her.

 

'I'm used to it, but this time is over the top. I don't know why…

 

'I accompany you. This wedding is really boring, you know?' Chan Yeong tried to lighten the mood.

 

'No, thank you brother… stay with your badass wife, or she will kill us.' 

 

Rachel tried to lighten the mood too, but it was difficult.

 

She went to congratulate the newlyweds before going, even if she hated them.. Her mother was pissed off when the daughter told her she was leaving.

 

'I invited a guest for you… I want you to know him…' the bride said.

 

'I'm not well… this is not the time…'

 

Lee Esther grabbed her wrist and took her in front of a tall, handsome man.

 

'Mr Lee, this is my daughter Rachel…'

 

'Oh… really nice to meet you.' he answered.

 

Rachel didn't want to be rude,but she couldn't take it anymore.

 

'Sorry Mr Lee, nice to meet you but this is not a good time for me, so please excuse me but I must go now.'

 

Rachel went away with great disappointment from her mother, who was embarrassed for the behavior of her daughter.

 

'Mr Lee I apologize for her…' Esther began.

 

'Not necessary. It's clear that she is really not well. I'm sorry to have insisted on knowing her. I will be happy to meet her again in a better moment…

 

'Thanks for understanding…' the bride Yoon Esther said.

 

Lee Jong suk, that was his name, was the CEO of a commercial partner of RS international. He was young, only three years older than Rachel, but already well known in his work environment. Very rich, smart and indomitable. With Young Do, one of the most coveted bachelors of South Korea.

 

'Only perfect…' he thought. It was love at first sight, for him. It never had happened before in his life and he was very strict in women's selection.

 

Rachel left with many disgusted looks from the guests on her.