Chapter 3

THE RETURN OF YOO RACHEL

Young Do was astonished. He didn't hope to see Rachel soon, but finally the time had come. 

He called his receptionist to organize her stay at his hotel.

'Louise… the next few days you will receive a booking for Miss Yoo Rachel. You must give her my personal reserved room. Ok?' He ordered.

With prompt reply, his employee confirmed his request.

'Yes, sir. I'll take note of it…' the man  closed the call..

The worker was thinking about the misterius woman...

 

'Who is her? He never gives his other room to anybody else. He never did, and I worked here for years…' the employee thought.

 

The tall man was excited. That room was cleaned and ready for his almost step sister. All should be… perfect. 

 

Two days later, he received a call from Louise telling him that a booking from Miss Yoo Rachel had been confirmed for Thursday afternoon…

 

As Bo Na knew of her arriving, all the group knew it too. She advised not to let the news leak, because otherwise their work would have been blocked by Lee Esther and she really needed it for her wedding.

 

All of them were curious to see how Rachel was now, so they discussed it and organized a private dinner at Zeus' hotel, for Saturday night.

 

She arrived at the airport on time, waited for her luggage and when she went out, she found Young Do waiting for her, with the same signboard he did many years before…

 

'Hey, Stepister!' … 

 

She didn't expect him at all. After the first moment of disbelief, she tried to seem normal.

 

'Hey Brother...What are you doing here? Bo Na didn't shut again, uh?' she laughed.

He was mesmerized by her smile, since he didn't remember it at all.

'Take this as a full service of Zeus hotel… welcome back.'

As previously, he took her luggage, but this time,  of his own free will.Young Do was still watching her. She seemed the same and so different, at the same time. But one thing was for sure… she became extraordinarily beautiful. Refined and without bangs, her face and eyes were more delicate.

 

She didn't remember him so tall and handsome, but with long hair he was formidable and she didn't restrain to say it.

'Thank you. I can say that those long straight hair of yours really suits you. I like them. You should always let them so...' she said.

He was happy. Finally she approved his hair cut.

'Really? I like them like this too. Let's go. Are you hungry?' He was trying to have a normal conversation with her,  after many years of silence, but she put down his expectations.

 

'No. I'm only tired… I need a good shower and rest, because tomorrow morning I will afford a tiger with the name of Bo Na. I must be prepared. What about you?' She politely asked.

 

'I am a lawyer now and I'm working to let Zeus' empire grow better than ever… until now, the results were good. Even if I have some sharks around me, I'm putting a good cage to defend myself against themselves. My father left everything in my name. He will never be able to work for his company again, because nobody trusts him anymore. I have a good reputation but I can't let our names be associated, if I want to save our work.' It had been a long time since he opened up to this argument with someone.

 

'I understand. Instead, now that I'm here, my mother surely will begin again the circus of 'dating an heir for business', that is the last thing I want to do, so I started my own business to be independent.' She found herself free to speak with him.

 

'Chapeau, Miss Rachel. So determined…' He was still looking at her.

 

They arrived at his hotel. It was completely renovated. She went to the reception to make the registration. He accompanied her personally to her room, with the shock of his employees. 

As a good business man, he gave her all needed to have a perfect rest at his place.

'You can call this number for everything you need...our  service is the best. Ah. One more thing… Do you agree to have dinner on Saturday night with our high school restricted group? Or will it annoy you?'

 

Her gaze said all.

 

'Kim Tan?… Eun Sang?… Maybe it's better don't do it. Not that I have  feelings for him, but her face still annoys me. Sorry. ' She didn't want to sound rude, but she no longer wanted to hang out with people who didn't interest her.

 

'What a pity… even Hyo Shin agreed to this reunion. Are you sure?' Young Do threw the bait.

 

'If I want to see him, I'll do it without the troupe. Don't try to convince me, Brother. Thanks for bringing me here, I have appreciated it. Good night, Young Do.' A little smile appeared on Rachel's mouth.'

Young Do had this heavy weight on his shouldes since seven years ago and without realizing, suddenly went out...

One more thing… I’m sorry for not having accepted your invitation last time you asked me to eat with you…I have regretted it for all these years, but you never answered my following calls…’  he apologized.

She looked at him with a penetrant gaze, a little hate in it, but in an instant it turned indifferent as before.

If you have deserted me for other matters, I would have accepted your calls, but you did it to see Eun Sang instead of eating with me. At that point, it had no sense for me to still think of ours as a friendship… but time has passed and it has no meaning anymore…’ she answered.

His memory recalled that day and really he went to see Eun Sang for an urgent matter, even if he had already ideally left her in their previous meeting at the little restaurant...

How did you know it? You followed me?’ he was incredulous.

 

I’m not a stalker. I saw you by chance. Don't worry... it’s the past… don’t talk about it anymore. Please, I’m tired and I want to rest. Ok?’ He looked straight at her and really she showed tiredness.

He realized he was bothering her more than he should.

Sorry… Have a good night.’ 

 

He went out of the room and closed the door delicately. He closed his eyes and leaned his back against the door. For the umpteenth time she was right. In the past, he always left her to stay with Eun Sang and her behaviour was the consequence of his actions.

The following minutes, he sent a message to the group to advertise about Rachel's decline. In the meantime he received a message from his girlfriend.

 

'Are you free? I want to see you.' she wrote.

 

'I'll be there in half an hour…' Zeus' heir answered.