Ingredients

Sugar, Spice, and a Bet is Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan immediately woke up once she heard her alarm. She went to her bathroom, washed her face, brushed her teeth, and wore her jogging pants and jacket. Every Friday she needs to get up early to buy ingredients for the cook-off every Friday. Even though Seungwan's family is the supplier for her restaurant, both Joohyun and her agreed to never use them in their contest.

Joohyun was the one who suggested that as she knows that the business won't be successful if they didn't get enough fundings for the ingredients. Wendy agreed of course as she understood the importance of every cent in running a business.

4 AM seems a little bit colder today she thought as she started jogging her way to the mart to buy ingredients. She thinks of two main ingredients. Flour and tomatoes.
She smiled at the thought of what she is going to cook for today. One thing she had in mind while she is on her way to the mart is the conversation she had with Yeri, Seulgi, and Joy last week.


She sighed as she remembered how the three of them found out the secret she has been holding on to for more than a year.

 


Joohyun woke up as she felt the sun shone above her face. She opened her eyes slowly and her eyes wandered through her room. Her eyes wandered in surprise as she saw the time and the calendar that was hanging on her walls. It was already 6 AM and she still hasn't bought ingredients for today's cook-off.


"Bae Joohyun, you sleepy head! Why didn't you turn your alarm on" Joohyun said as she ran to the bathroom to wash herself up?


After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom and all dressed up. Preparing your clothes for the next morning has its perks too for Joohyun. And right now, it saved her some time.


She looked at the clock and she saw that it was 7:12 already. Her work starts at 8 in the morning and making her trip to the market right now will make her late for work.


She hit herself on the forehead but regretted it as she felt the stinging sensation on her forehead. She mentally scolded herself for being such a sleepyhead.


She then grabbed her phone on the bedside table and browsed through her contacts. She had one chance right now to get the ingredients she needs.


She stopped scrolling through her contacts once she spotted the name. Her thumb was about to tap the call button but hesitated once she remembered something.


She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.


"Come on, Bae Joohyun. Just for once. Dial him, just for once" Joohyun muttered to herself and opened her eyes to look at her phone.


She then quickly pressed the call button and immediately placed the phone on her right ear while she bits her thumb dues to nervousness.


She is not the type to ask for favors from someone. Especially when that person is someone she is not comfortable with anymore. But right now, she had no other choice.

 

She waited for the call to be picked up and her eyes widen in surprise once she heard a "hello" from the other line.


"H-hello, Uhm, Bogum, this is Joo-- I-Irene," Joohyun said in the stuttering matter.


While she was on the phone, she was scolding herself mentally and it's the same scolding she will keep on repeating until the call has not ended. 'You have no choice, Joohyun. Endure this one. Act like it's all for business

 

 

"Good Morning, Chef. You're not early today" Seungwan asked Joohyun who is getting the apron on the shelf and puts it on her own.


Seungwan saw Joohyun and immediately puts down the coffee she is making to help Joohyun.


"Let me help you," Seungwan said as Joohyun was about to tie the apron on her back.

"Is there a problem, it's not usual for you to arrive like 10 minutes before work starts" Seungwan asked and finished tying the apron around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter