Be My Head Chef

Sugar, Spice, and a Bet is Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

note: words written in Italic characters are flashbacks

 

 


"So, what are you doing here?" Wendy started the conversation. Irene and her are now sitting on one of the chairs on the tables of the restaurant.


Irene was now wrapped in a towel and is blowing the hot choco in her hand when Wendy suddenly asked tge question.


Irene then lifted her face and looked at Wendy. "Well, I am Iooking for a job,"

"And I am looking for a worker in my restaurant, a sous-chef that is," Wendy said with a smile in her face after hearing Irene's words.

"That's perfect, can you sign me in then?" Irene asked.


"Whoa, wait," you have your boyfriend's business going bigger around the world, why are you still looking for other offer?" Wendy asked with a frown on her face. It is true, that the Parks business are going bigger, as she seen in every news. So Wendy was confused why Irene had not asked to joing his boyfriend's business.


Irene just looked down and grimaced. She then took a sip of her hit choco while Wendy just waited for the answer to her question.


"Well, first of all..." Joohyun paused and rest her back on the chair as she looked at Wendy in her eyes. "I don't like being observed by his parents. The last thing I know when I met his parents, they were asking about my life and my perspective in their business and money. They think I'm only dating Bogum because of money," Irene finished and rolled her eyes.


"Woah, that's frustrating," Wendy said and Irene nodded her head as she pouted. "But can Bogum defend you or sonething, I mean, besides you joining the business but also in your relationship with Bogum. I mean, their perspective is wrong in the first place," Wendy said and Irene just took a deep breath.


"He actually defended me once, but I stopped him once his father raised his voice. I don't want to cause fight into their family. So I just let them be, and Bogum is like a robot to his family right now, obeying what they are saying"


"I see," Wendy nodded her head as she understood the context now. .


"So?" Irene asked her friend, eyeing her with curiousity.


"Hmm," Wendy started and placed her thumb and point finger on her chin to make a thinking pose. "But I'm looking for a sous chef," Wendy said and Irene nodded her head.


"And I am here to apply as the sous chef" Irene said with a smile.


"No," Wendy said shortly and finished her coffee


"What do you mean no?" Irene asked with a frown. Curious and hurt as to why did her friend has rejected her.


"I want you to be my head chef," Wendy said to her friend.

Upon hearing that, Joohyun splashed the choco in due to the shock. Thankfully, it didn't hit Wendy's face. Only her white button up shirt was wet. Wendy grimaced at the hot choco that hit her chest but she it's enough to ignore. She experienced worse than this when the torch she used had complety faced her direction.

Joohyun then immediately stood up and ran to her friend. She gasp and apologized.


"I'm so sorry, Seungwan-ah, Oh my gosh," She said and started unbottoning her friend's shirt.

Wendy was surprised at the sudden action and wrapped her arm on her upper body to cover them as she shouted at her friend.


"Yah, Joohyun, what do you think you are doing?" Wendy said out of surprise.


Irene just started to laugh as she saw her friend's reaction. She is laughing like she had no backbone becasue of her posture. Like she is trying to beat Kianu Reeves in the matrix at her pose.


"W-why are you laughing?"


"You think I was trying to take advantage of you?" Joohyun then continued to laugh


Wendy didn't said anythung and just watched her laughing friend. Of course she did not think what Irene had said. She knows that Irene had a boyfriend. She was just scared because her heartbeat became faster once she felt Irene's hand touch her skin. So she just reacted just like what she did earlier.


"I was just trying to take your clothes off because it might be hot, the heat might transfer in the cloth that's wh--"


"I know, l-let's just proceed, shall we?" Wendy said and awkwardly faced front while Irene walked back to her chair.


"So do you want to be m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter