three: don't leave.

YSWTWF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sana was 6 years old she had a private playground all to herself. She ask her dad why she couldn’t play with the other kids on the park. He said it was too dangerous, kids would push each other and sometimes accidentally hit one another. He was protective of her, it made sense since Sana was an only child. But playing all by herself made her feel lonely and pathetic. She wanted friends and someone her age to talk to but she had to wait till middle school for that to happen. And when that time finally came she made a lot of friends. She thought it would be hard but my bubbly personality made it feel like a walk in the park. She was a natural in socializing, it was a talent some people would say. Her newly found friends said she was outgoing and fun to be with which made her very happy. She was almost friends with the whole class. Almost. Except for a girl that sat in front of her. She seemed to disliked Sana in every way possible. But that didn’t stop Sana from befriending her. It took months and a few rejections until she finally accepted her as a friend. It was one of the happiest day of Sana’s life. She didn’t know at that time why she tried so hard to make that girl like her and why she felt different around her. A feeling that shouldn’t be felt with someone who was merely a friend. She didn’t had the chance to figure out what it was when the girl unexpectedly transferred schools.

 

 

 

“I will order pizza. Pepperoni or Hawaiian?”

 

 

 

“Hawaiian.”

 

 

 

Rona was scrolling through her phone while sitting on the couch. They decided to watch a movie together. Since it was last day of her precious break, she didn’t wanna spend it alone in her van. And for her Sana wasn’t a bad company at all.

 

 

 

Sana changed into her comfortable t-shirt and and shorts that draw attention to her toned legs. She tied her long hair into a ponytail, making her neckline visible to other person in the room. She sits comfortably in the middle of the couch while Rona was on the far end. She orders the pizza and an eight piece chicken bucket for them. After she was done she scans the TV screen to pick which movie to play.

 

 

 

“What do you wanna watch?” She turns to Rona who was frowning on her phone.

For someone who she just met, she was comfortable enough to let this person in her space. Her hand grips the remote harder, a light feeling in her stomach made her smile.

 

 

 

“Anything is fine.”

 

 

 

The space between them seemed to get wider as silence fill the room. Sana picks a title while Rona was still scrolling through her phone. A movie starts to play making Rona look up to the big screen. It looked like a horror movie from the sound it was producing which she didn’t have any problem with that as long as there wasn’t any creepy dolls  like Annabelle. She was terrified of that sinister doll. They engross themselves with the movie, the awkwardness finally subsided. After awhile their order arrived, Sana took two bears from the refrigerator to accompany their meal. Chicken and bear was a popular combination in Korea, she and the girls used to celebrate an award with this meal. Thinking about those times made her miss her members more.

 

 

 

 

Sana opens the box of pizza, engulfing the scent of the freshly made pastry. She sits on the carpet while preparing the food, Rona joins her; eyeing the pizza, specifically the pineapple bits. She takes one chicken drumstick and puts it on Rona’s plate. Rona then does the same and takes a slice of pizza and serves it to Sana’s plate. Making Sana smile at the gesture. They were too busy making sure the other eats that they forgot all about the movie.

 

 

 

The night was calm and comfortable. She couldn’t imagine spending her second night in Hawaii with a stranger she just met. But on the other hand Rona was the perfect stranger to spend this night with, well for Sana she was. Sana stares in awe when Rona picks all the pineapple bits from the pizza and eats them all. She chuckles when one falls from Rona’s mouth. The more she spends time with this person, the more endearing she was becoming. Rona was somehow funny in a unique way, she has expressions you wouldn’t think she could do with her 24\7 stoic face.

 

 

 

“Sunshine, how old are you?”

 

 

 

“23”

 

 

“I’m 26.”

 

 

“hmm”

 

 

“I’m older than you.”

 

 

“hmm”

 

 

 

“Do you have siblings?”

 

 

“Yeah”

 

 

“Thats nice, I’m an only child.”

 

 

 

“Okay.” Rona says, uninterested with the current topic.

 

 

 

Sana pouted when Rona didn’t even look at her when she was talking to her.  Unbeknownst to her Rona was tense due to the little space between them. They were both on the carpet with their knees touching, making Rona self-conscious. But Sana wouldn’t know that when she acted like poking the pizza was more interesting than what Sana had to say.

 

 

 

“Do have a boyfriend?” Sana was running out of things to say.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter