11. Surprise

Love Policy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! How can you dont know her when you're married to her?!" Jisoo butted in as soon as she heards Kriss's words.

And what Jisoo said just makes Kriss laughed his heart out.

"Who? This ? Hell no I am not! Didnt she tell you? I ditch her on the wedding day. She's just a plaything to me. She and her sister, both were too dumb to settled for." He said half whispered to Jisoo.

"Now will you take her out? She's ruining my night out." Kriss said half shouted. The staff started to approach the drunken Hanna while Jisoo still let all Kriss's words to sunk in her head. Its too overwhelmed for her to take it straight ahead. Just what is happening to all of them? 

When the staff started to escorted Hanna out of their premiss, Jisoo came over and take her into her arms.

"Just what's happening to you Hanna? Why didnt you tell me anything!" Jisoo mummbled under her own breath while trying to regain her strenght to supports Hanna's weight. All of a sudden, seeing the lifeless Hanna and imagining what she has gone through, a single tear escaped her eyes.

They went out of the premise and Jisoo literally drag the drunken Hanna with her to the bus stop where she then lay her down on the bench there. Her eyes immediately started to look for any taxi available for them to hop in. And all of a sudden, Hanna's phone rings. Jisoo reached out for it in her handbag and the clueless girl got confused again by the ID shown on her screen.

'Husband'

If Hanna didnt marry Kriss, and who is this husband? Or it Kriss? Hanna is so dumb to still love that bastard to this extend! She thought to herself. And just imagining Kriss is on the other line makes her super furious. What else did he want after what's happening back then in the store!

"What else? What do you want bastard!? Why are you even calling her again! Just go and yourself off!" Hanna said as soon as she connected the line between them.

"Hanna? What's wrong? What happened?" The voice on the other line sounds shock and confuse. But right now, Jisoo's mind just blew off of her soul. 

"Who is this?" Jisoo asked. Shocked. Confused. Curious.

"Who am i speaking to? Where's Hanna?" 

"Mmm... this is Hanna's friend. I mean... mmm... Jisoo, Jisoo. My name's Jisoo. Hanna's currently too drunk to answer your call."

"Where are you guys now?" He asked again. Hearing that Hanna is out there drunk, he immediately went into his panic mode. 

Jisoo told him their location and he immediately hang up on her. And that situation is too confusing and pissed Jisoo off completely.

"Yah! You havent told me who you are yet!" Jisoo started to curse him off non stop. Now, instead of trying to get them a taxi, Jisoo just sat next to Hanna and have her head lean on her shoulder while waiting for that 'husband' to come. While waiting, there's so many thought came running into her head at once. She even tried to complete the puzzle herself but this is just to absurb for her to take in.

"Who the did you married Lee Hanna? Why didnt you tell me anything? This is too much for my mind to sit it all in at once. Just how can you handle this on your own? You and your world. Why is it so hard for you to open it up to me? I told you, not to keep it to yourself, you can count me in, i'm here for you but why did  you never listened? It must be super hard for you, girl. To be you. I dont know just how much exactly you have gone through. But, you sure are one strong girl i have ever met."

She's literally talking to herself. She knows Hanna is too drunk to even know what she's talking about. But tears started to run down on both of the women's face at that bus stop.

....

While waiting for the 'husband' to arrived, Jisoo just sat there queitly thinking about their friendship that went from before they join the company. They met when they went to the interview and immediately clique with each other queit well. They exchanged numbers and started contacting each other from then. And when both got accepted into the company, everyone knows about them two. They literally can be seen anywhere, together. And the only person she invited to her wedding was Jisoo. But Jisoo immediately turned down the invitation because she needed to return to hometown on that very date for her dad's memorial service. It was Hanna's fault for not remembering those important dates because she was way too excited for the wedding. In fact, if she tried to do a date check first before anything, that would not happened at all. She insisted on surprising Jisoo for the actual date. And because of that, she lost her chance on having her friend to be the maid of honor for that day. 

And looking at Hanna Kris relationship tore apart like this, literally break her heart into pieces too. Considering that she witnesses their ups and down in their relationship for so long. But at the same time, she was beyond greatfull that Hanna didnt marry a jerk like him. Luckily, God is still protecting her. But this new 'husband' identity really thrown her out for real. Hanna didnt mentioned about it at all from when she got married until today. They did contacted each other from time to time when she's on her leave but no words has been spoken by her regarding this. She seriously thought that Hanna married Kris for real. And just when she was still in a deep thought, one car pulled over in front of the bus stop.

A man with a black cap, a black face mask together with a black sunglasses got out of the car and Jisoo started to go panic. Seeing that the went went straight to where they were, makes Jisoo stand straight in front of the wasted Hanna, yielding her from the man.

"Leave or i might scream!" She said when he is standing right in front of her, trying to reach his arms towards them. Seeing Jisoo's histeric responses, he back down a few steps.

"Look, I'm her husband. We talked on the phone." Sehun said while lifting his arms halfway signalling her that he came in peace.

"Prove me" Jisoo replied.

Sehun's mind got blank. How can he prove her that, when there's nothing that could help him in this situation right now. Even if he show her his face, she wouldnt recognized him as Hanna's husband. But an idea came to his mind at that time so he reach out for his phone and started dialling Hanna's number. A few second in, Hanna's phone rings and that same ID showed up on the screen. And that immediately soften Jisoo's gaze on him. Slowly she retreated and gave way to him. Sehun instantly went to Hanna and have her in his arms. 

Without any words spoken between them, Sehun lifted Hanna up in bridal style in one swift and brought her into the car. When he's done buckling her, he closes her door and went back to Jisoo.

"Thank you for staying with her until now. I appreciated it" he said while extending his hands to shakes her. Jisoo was reluctant at first but still did what she has to. Her manner is still intact even though her mind is everywhere. Her eyes didnt stop from checking him out. Nothing she could see on him but her curiousity really is killing her right now.

"Jisoo, Hanna's friend" 

"I'm hmm... Hanna's husband" 

Jisoo was hoping for her to get his name but he clearly is trying to avoided it intentionally. 

Jisoo stares at him openly and was trying to fish out for information but he smoothly avoided her by saying that they have to go by using Hanna as an excuse.

"Kris..." Jisoo said and that name immediately ring in Sehun's ears. He turn back around, only to look at Jisoo.

"We met him just now when we were drinking in--"

"What did he do to Hanna?" Sehun's sounds frantic. Jisoo couldnt figure it out exactly. But the way he's asking about it, makes Jisoo stuttered on her next words.

"They... have an argument and... Kriss asked the staff to call the police to get rid of Hanna and... hmm..."

"What is it?" 

"He came with a girl. They look intimate somehow and Hanna got pissed off and that's how i know that they are not married with each other"

Jisoo told him every details that happened in between their argument. But the way Jisoo saw things isnt the same as Hanna's attention on approaching Kris just now.

Hearing just from Jisoo'a side of story, Sehun's heart was on fire. He immediately left Jisoo standing there alone and went to the driving side and drive away without saying anything. 

Inside the car, Sehun just drive off silently until suddenly he pulled over by the roadside.

His eyes were on Hanna. She had her face facing the window sill. Sehun couldnt clearly saw her face directly and that makes him even more frustrated.

"So you met Kris?" Sehun asked right away. As if Hanna could heard him. And when he couldnt get any answer from Hanna, Sehun just couldnt bring himself to think straight. so many things is happening inside him and when things were too much for him to handle, he rested his forehead on the steering. He tried to breath out the suffocateness he feels in his chest. Trying to find peace and talk sense to his own mind. 

"Stop pretending like you're drunk because i know you are not" Sehun said. All of a sudden, all that he could said was that. Because his chest felt too heavy due to all the things that couldnt be said. And the way his voice came out is as if he was just whispering to himself. He tried to control his anger. He tried his best to it all in. He tried his very best to sounds rational but all the thought that he has in his mind is too unbearable for his heart to handle. 

Since Hanna mentioned how he is the main reasons why Kris left her, since then, the words keep on repeating on his mind and he couldnt get over it. All that he could think was, all this while, even with whatever that Hanna says to him last night, isnt convincing enough for him to think that Hanna was just trying to play along with him since the day he confesses to her until now, when actually, the one she really long for was Kris. The one she really want to be with is Kris. And all those sweet memories he had with her was just her trying to force herself to accept him and the marriage. 

"You never acted like this whenever you are drunk, I know you too well for you to fool me, Lee Hanna" Sehun said again, still with the same tone.

Sehun tried to neutralized himself by taking a few deep breath and try to sort his own thought. Again. 

"So you are not gonna talk?" 

"Your friend told me everything. The argument that you had with Kris. I just want to know your side of story. I want to hear it from you directly. Is it true? That you were trying to argue with him because he's with someone new?" He paused and he took a deep breath in.

"Hanna, do you want him back?" Sehun tried to control his voice. He may sounds fine but tears has already escapes his eyes when he mention his last sentences. 

"Can we just talk about this at home?My whole mind is too tired for this kind of talk. We would end up argue about it anyway" she said with a heavy sigh. She chose not to face Sehun at all. She just had her eyes shut. Hoping that Sehun will cooperate with her. 

"This kind of talk? What do you mean?" Sehun asked. His tone sounds irritated to her for some reasons. So she just dodge it off with quiteness. All she want is to be home and she want to see Hanni so bad. So bad that it didnt gave her any mood to do anything else other than that. Because in her, she's holding up too much she think she could explode anytime soon. That's why, when she's with Jisoo just now, she pretended that she was drunk. Because she was afraid that anything that came out from would hurt someone in between, when the one she wanted to surpresses her anger that has been bottled up inside her towards none other than Kris. And Hanni too, for being such a stupic moron because she chose to stay loyal to that douchebag when he's out having fun with some other behind her back. For turning her back from her only family because of a jerk like him. As much as that, she's too frustrated towards herself for not being able to recognise the real Kris sooner. If she never met him and if she never gave him a chance to get into her life at all, none of this tragedy will ever happened at the first place. 

"Please. Just please. Can we go home now?" Hanna asked him again. This time, she turned around to face Sehun directly but Sehun was quick to hide his face from her sight because he doesnt want her to see him being pathetic and cried over things that didnt even mean anything to her. She never felt the same as him. So whats the point of showing her any emotion at all?

Sehun smoothly wiped away the rest of his tears without her noticing and as per her request, he drive home straight away. No talk needed when everything is all written on her face and the way she acted towards him just now.

.....

Upon arriving home, Hanna started banging on Hanni's door, demanding her to come out. A few more knock and Hanni chose to remain silence without any response at all, Hanna took the spare key from the drawer near her room and open the door. There, Hanna couldnt find any trace of Hanni at all. She isnt there. Her belongings too. Nothing is left behind. Panicking, Hanna walk towards the observent Sehun who's standing tall in the living room.

"You still keeps Hanni's phone right? Can you tell me where it is? I need to check something." She says. Sehun didnt say anything in return, instead, he just walk to his room and went inside his wordrobe where he put the phone in one of those drawer he had. Reaching out to the upper shelf, he took Hanni's phone and gave it to Hanna. 

Hanna who is in the state of panicking and worried that Hanni might left the house just to go back to Kris, she started shaking and crying. She tried to push the power button to her phone but it look like she's too shaken to do it properly. Sehun who is still standing next to her saw that and immediately take away the phone and properly do it for her. Once the screen is on, Hanna grew impatient and started to get restless. Her tears started to get uncontrollable as she was holding onto that phone.

"Hun-ah, what if Hanni left and went to find Kris? What should i do then?" Hanna said in between her sobs. While crying, her eyes tries to find his. And when she met his eyes, Hanna look at it for sometimes as if she was looking for something. But Sehun couldnt stand looking at her for too long as he left the small room without saying anything. 

Hanna who was left alone trying to calm herself down, she tried to go through Hanni's phone when its finally working. But she was clueless to what she has to do now. Call her friends? Hanni doesnt have one. She's always home and never actually mingle with anyone. Kris is the only person that came to her mind. But instead of calling him, Hanna went to Sehun and tried to drag him out of his room and went straight towards the front door in hurry. But halfway through, Sehun pulled his hands away from her grasp and both of them immediately halt their step. Hanna turn to met his eyes, confuse with his sudden action

"Where are we going?" Sehun asked her in a tired tone. Hanna didnt wait for a second, she didnt answer him too, she just grab Sehun hand again and tried to drag him back towards the front door.

"Lets go that place again. We might still catch Kris there. And i'm sure we will find Hanni too if we waited around him" She said and at that time too, after hearing her words, Sehun just abruptly stop and their intertwined hand got detach.

Hanna stop her step and frustratedly went to Sehun where she then just went straight grabbing his shirts by her fist and make him look at her in the eyes.

"I. Cant. Lose. Hanni. Again." She said as if she was sending him a warning. Sehun smirk at her words.

"Just let her go Hanna. If she wanna stay, she would have stayed but she chose to leave. Just let her be. She's old enough to be able to take care of herself. Why are you being so paranoid over this? She's a grown woman."

"Still, she didnt know what Kris did behind her back and what if Kris do the same thing he did to me, to her? Hanni didnt know anyone or have anyone else to rely on except for me. What if he left her alone out there? She didnt even have a penny with her" Hanna tries to convince him. And at this time, her crying has turn into a sobs. There's too many possibilities in her mind and all of that is never a positive one. And that makes her lost her mind. Everyone might think Hanni is her sister, but to Hanna, Hanni is more than that. Her feeling towards Hanni is like a mother daughter bonding. Because she literally raised her on her own. How can she not worry when her daughter is missing and she know that she's out there trying to get back with a jerk, too.

"Hanna please... learn to let go. She's big enough to make her own decision. You can never control her forever. She's going living her own life. And so should you! You have been living your whole life for her. All this while. And this is what she repays you. Open your eyes. Your worries is one sided. Because she never care about you and your feeling at all. From the very beginning! And now, when she chose to leave you, its her choice. Let he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter