(Episode 1) Chapter 1

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- September 05, 2018, 10:00 AM --

-- Seoul Forest Trimage, Seongdong-gu, Seoul --

Sunmi stared down at the 2 week-old infant that was sleeping in her bed. If you asked her months ago, she never would have guessed that an angel would come into her life after she had to erase herself from Sehun's life and pretend she was dead. She was pulled out of her thoughts when her phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Sunmi-ah, K's asking to meet with us at his office in an hour." Jaesuk told her.

"Oh, oppa. An hour? I have Sejun with me, though." She told him.

"I think you can just bring him. You have his car seat and carrier, right?" Jaesuk asked.

"Yeah, I do. Okay, I'll see you in an hour, then." Sunmi said as she bid her goodbye to go and get ready.

-- September 05, 2018, 11:30 AM --

-- K's Office, Oryu-dong, Seo-gu, Incheon, South Korea --

Sunmi entered the small office with a baby carrier in her hands and a bag slung over her other shoulder. Jaesuk, who was already there, stood up and took the bag from her. Sunmi placed the baby carrier on the floor and checked to see if Sejun was still asleep. She then took her seat and looked at K.

"I'm happy you could join us, Sunmi. I called you both to let you know that the time has come to round up the detectives again. After months of watching over them and ensuring that they could be trusted, they just need to pass one more test." K told them both.

"What kind of test are we talking about, Sir?" Jaesuk asked him.

"That's the point of this meeting, you two are the ones who know about your teammates the most. You were with them and you've been watching them for months now. What are their weaknesses?" K asked them. Sunmi pulled out her notebook and so did Jaesuk.

"Okay, let's list them down by age." Jaesuk instructed Sunmi and she did so. Once that was done, they discussed their teammates' weaknesses.

"Remember Jeju Island? Jaewook-oppa was scared of the snakes." Sunmi told Jaesuk and he made a noise of recognition as he remembered.

"Right! He ran away from the group. Let's list that down." Jaesuk commented and they wrote it down.

"For Jongmin-oppa, well, his weakness is the logical puzzles that we solve. He's mostly relied on luck to help him solve some of the puzzles and problems we encountered." Sunmi shared.

"Right. He has a lot of luck but not enough logical skill." Jaesuk said as he took notes. They discussed Kwangsoo's next and finished it quite quickly as it was obvious that the man was fond of betraying others especially if money was involved.

"Next is Minyoung-unnie." Sunmi said and she was stuck. She didn't know what Minyoung's weakness was since she was one of the smartest and bravest detectives on the team. Sunmi and Jaesuk spent the next few minutes thinking about it. Suddenly, Sejun started to whine, now awake.

"Oh, you're awake?" Sunmi asked with a smile on her face as she caressed the infant's face.

"You must be hungry. Wait a moment." Sunmi said as she prepared his formula, making sure it wasn't too hot for him to drink.

"Isn't he being fed?" Jaesuk asked.

"A mixture of both. Please continue discussing, I'll just pick him up and feed him." Sunmi told him as she picked up the baby and started to bottle feed.

"It seems as though the majority of the team depends on Minyoung." K pointed out and that gave Sunmi an idea.

"She knows a lot." Sunmi said and Jaesuk listed the idea down. They continued on with Sehun and Sejeong. After they gathered the team's weaknesses, they discussed how to incorporate them into challenges and tasks. By the time their meeting finished, it was almost 04:00 PM.

"I'll hand over these plans to my secretary and have someone set this up. Sunmi, are you fine to oversee the construction progress?" K asked her and Sunmi just nodded.

"I'll call you once it's all set up so you can check out the site. Once it's done, bring Jaesuk with you so you guys can check it out yourselves before we gather them." K instructed and both detectives nodded at him.

"Thank you for your work, detectives. You are free to go." He continued to say and Jaesuk was the first one to stand up.

"I'll be going first then, sir. Sunmi-ah, I'll see you." He said as he bowed to K and nodded to Sunmi before exiting K's office. Sunmi watched him leave.

"Sunmi-ah." K called her attention.

"Yes, sir?" She asked as she looked at him once again.

"Based on Jaesuk's reports, Sehun has given up on searching for you 3 months ago." K told her and Sunmi slowly nodded.

"Jaesuk-oppa told me. I am well aware of this fact, sir." She answered him.

"Are you ready to face him again? Will you be ready to accept the fact that he might not be yours anymore?" K asked her and although it was hard, Sunmi nodded again.

"I am ready to face whatever reactions they have, sir. This mission was necessary to ensure that everyone could be trusted." Sunmi said.

Her answers seemed a bit forced and rob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter