(Episode 2) Chapter 11

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 01, 2018, 11:30 PM --

-- Sannam-dong, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do --

"This is it." Sunmi commented as she parked.

"We only have 30 minutes." Jaesuk let everyone know as they exited the cars and started looking around.

"This is the town." Jongmin stated.

"There was a sketch." Jaewook remembered.

"That's the house he lives in." Jaesuk told him.

"We got a glimpse of his habit from the location of the stab wounds. He always likes the center." Jaewook shared and everyone agreed as they recalled the victims' stab marks.

"Let's split into groups of twos and three and look for the house." Jaesuk instructed and Sunmi ended up going with Sejeong and Minyoung.

"The houses look the same." Minyoung pointed out as the three looked around.

"I know." Sejeong agreed.

"In any case, it's not a one-story house." Sunmi told her unnies as they walked to find people they could ask.

"This isn't the right house either." Minyoung said as they stopped to examine one house.

"The round part is the same, but it's not a two-story house." Sejeong stated.

"The mailbox is triangular." Sejeong pointed to another house.

"20 more minutes." Sunmi declared as she kept tabs on the time.

"You know, he is a good artist. The town looks the same as his paintings." Minyoung commented.

"It looks identical." Sejeong and Sunmi agreed.

"Shall we knock on any door and ask where this house is?" Minyoung suggested.

"Let's do that." Sejeong agreed. The three approached a house with the lights still on and rang the doorbell.

"Who is it?" A woman answered the door.

"Hello." The three girls greeted the person who answered.

"Have you seen this house in the neighborhood?" Minyoung asked as Sejeong showed her a picture.

"I am not sure." The woman answered and the three thanked her before moving on. After another few minutes, they saw a kid in the yard.

"Hi, have you seen this house?" Sunmi asked her as Sejeong showed her the photo. The little girl shook her head no.

"Thank you, anyways. Go inside, or you might be sick." Sejeong told the girl as she and the others moved on.

"15 minutes more, unnies." Sunmi informed them. They were walking towards another house when they came across Jaesuk and Jongmin.

"Sejeong-ah, did you find it?" Jaesuk called out.

"We are asking around." Sejeong told him as Minyoung rang the doorbell to yet another house. 5 minutes later, they came across an old woman.

"Hello, may I ask if you know where Ji Yujin-ssi lives?" Sejeong asked her.

"Oh, Yujin. He's a nice boy. He lives in that house over there. The one with a light on on the second floor." The old lady pointed to a certain house.

"Thank you." The three girls told her as they started running towards that direction.

"7 minutes, unnies." Sunmi said as she ran as well. They came across Jaesuk and Jongmin and told them what they found.

"We are running out of time." Jaesuk said as he started jogging behind the girls.

"We are almost there. We just need to go a bit further." Jongmin shared as the group continued running.

"It's this house." Jaesuk pointed.

"This has to be it." Jongmin agreed as they met up with Jaewook and Sehun.

"We went all the way back to make sure this was the one." Jaewook shared, out of breath.

"What did you check?" Jaesuk asked.

"There was an X-sign behind the canvas that marks the house in the middle. I put a hole through the X-sign. It's this house. This is it." Jaewook told them and they hurriedly approached the house.

"The doorbell must be here somewhere." Sejeong said as she led the group. Sunmi and Jongmin heard a dragging noise from inside.

"I heard a sound. I heard a sound. Hurry." Jongmin cried out.

"What was that?" Jaesuk asked as they hurried to look for a way in.

"Hurry." Jongmin rushed them.

"Go inside the house." Jaesuk instructed.

"Hurry. I heard a sound." Jongmin said again.

"Lee Yujin-ssi!" Jaesuk called out.

"Let's try this way." Sunmi tried a sliding door.

"Does it open?" Minyoung asked and Sunmi found that it did.

"It opens." Sehun, who was behind Sunmi, confirmed. She slid the curtains to the side and was met by the sight of Yujin hanging from the ceiling and choking.

"Yujin-ssi!" Sunmi cried out as Sehun rushed over and tried his best to lift him up. Jaewook followed suit as Sunmi brought the chair back over for him to stand on.

"Let go!" Yujin tried saying to the men holding him.

"Let go. I am going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter