(Episode 2) Chapter 10

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 01, 2018, 8:00 PM --

-- Lee Yujin's Studio --

"Let's go." Jaesuk told the group as they arrived at the studio after deciding to have dinner first.

"Would he still be here?" Jaewook wondered.

"I don't know. Is he here?" Jaesuk asked as they arrived at the right floor.

"He was here earlier today." Minyoung told the other four.

"He isn't here." Jaesuk pointed out.

"Lee Yujin-ssi." Jaewook tried calling out in case he was still there.

"Mr. Ji?" Sehun tried this time. The others looked around for any clues about the man's whereabouts.

"When you were here earlier, Lee Yujin told you that he has an alibi." Jaesuk said to the other team.

"He said he worked all night with a female colleague." Jongmin told him.

"Is that female colleague here?" Jaewook remembered the girl earlier.

"No, she isn't." Minyoung replied.

"Maybe..." Jaesuk started talking but Jongmin interrupted him.

"There she is!" He cried out and everyone jumped when they noticed the girl by the sliding door.

"Gosh, she startled me. I got goosebumps." Jaesuk cried out.

"Gosh, she startled me." Sehun shared.

"Excuse me. Where is Yujin-ssi?" Jongmin asked her.

"I don't know because I was at school today." The woman said.

"What? You said you worked with him all night long." Jongmin reminded the woman.

"The truth is, Yujin-oppa asked me to say that." She revealed and everyone realized that his alibi was fake all along.

"I knew it. He wasn't with you." Jaesuk stated.

"I got goosebumps." Jongmin shared.

"Did he tell you anything about these paintings?" Jaewook asked the woman, pointing to the paintings that looked like a neighborhood.

"Stop asking me questions." The woman answered before she left.

"Why is she so cold towards me?" Jaewook complained.

"Don't ask questions." Jongmin told him.

"Because you kept asking her something she doesn't know." Jaesuk pointed out.

"Since he isn't here now, maybe we can use this as a chance to look around more closely." Sunmi suggested and everyone agreed, looking around once again.

"There are paintings of flowers here, too." Jaesuk noticed.

"I know." Jaewook answered as he noticed those as well earlier.

"Where could he be? Do you think he's escaped and gone into hiding?" Sejeong asked the team. Sunmi was with Sehun, looking at the things on Yujin's desk. She picked up Yujin's notepad and went through it while Sehun picked up a small plastic box.

"If he knew that we would come..." Jaewook started to say.

"Aren't these QR codes?" He wondered and everyone turned to him.

"Where?" Jaesuk asked as he came over.

"They are, right?" Sehun asked again.

"You are right!" Sejeong told him.

"No way." Sehun exclaimed.

"How did you find them?" Jongmin asked him.

"I looked closely because I didn't know what they were." Sehun explained.

"How did you miss them the first time around?" Sejeong asked the other group.

"For goodness' sake." Jaesuk cried out.

"We couldn't go through his belongings while he was here." Jaewook defended.

"Try scanning one." Jaesuk asked Sehun, who lifted his sleeve to try it.

"What are you doing? Stamp it here." Sunmi said with a laugh, showing him a blank page of the notepad. Sehun stamped it and used his phone to scan it.

"Did it work? It worked!" The others called out.

"It's the video we have." Jaesuk pointed out.

"This means he is the culprit." Sehun stated.

"That's right. He is Researcher Ji's son. That means his name is Ji Yujin." Jaesuk confirmed.

"That's right." Minyoung agreed.

Jongmin was looking through the other things on his desk with Sunmi. He picked up a black cylindrical container that was usually used to keep rolls of big paper safe.

"Sunmi-ah." He called out in a soft tone as he turned the cylinder over and a paper fell out. Sunmi picked it up and they both read through it together.

"Oh, no." Sunmi said as Jongmin called Jaesuk's attention.

"Jaesuk-hyung."

"What is it? Did you guys find something?" Jaesuk asked as Sunmi handed him the paper.

"What is that?" Sejeong asked.

"'Today, I finished taking my revenge. I will join my father and sister at the place of my childhood memories. When tomorrow comes, I will hold the last memorial service for Father and fall into eternal sleep.'" Jaesuk read out loud.

"He will commit suicide." Sehun summarized.

"My gosh." Sejeong and Minyoung stated.

"'The place of my childhood memories'?" Jaesuk wondered.

"It must be his childhood home." Sunmi guessed.

"'When tomorrow comes, I will hold the last memorial service for Father...' Wait. 'When tomorrow comes'?" Jaewook wondered as he read it again.

"We should find him before 12 AM." Sejeong told him.

"That's right." Jaesuk agreed.

"He means 12 AM." Minyoung said as well.

"We have a few hours till 12 AM. We don't know where 'the place of his childhood memories' is." Jaesuk said and the team started opening everything they could to try and get more clues.

"When he was with his father and sister in his childhood..." MInyoung read again, trying to see if there was some sort of clue hidden in the words. Jaewook looked at the identical paintings displayed in the room.

"Maybe these paintings are of his childhood memories? No?" He suggested, pointing to the paintings.

"We don't know where these places are." Jaesuk told him.

"There is a picture of his sister." Sejeong pointed to a drawing that Minyoung found.

"You are right." Jaesuk said as they looked at the drawing.

"Ji Yoonha. Yujin's last name really is Ji." Jongmin stated.

"That's right. It's Ji Yoonha." Jaesuk read the nametag on the drawing.

"It must be his house." Minyoung said as he saw more paintings of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter