o. that fateful day

as you are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was sophomore year in high school when they first met.

Donghae was a sophomore transfer student at Taeyang Boys High School back in spring. Coming from a small town, being in a school that’s twice as large as his former high school made Donghae dizzy as he navigated through the hallways of the school. He’s been searching the second floor for the teacher’s office but it seems like he’s just running in circles, seeing the same library for the third time already. He sighs, leaning his back against the wall to support himself and closes his eyes. He needs to calm down. He cannot cry every time he’s faced with difficulties, especially now when he’s alone and clearly lost. Donghae lets himself breathe in and out, eyes still closed.

“Are you okay?”

Upon opening his eyes, Donghae sees a brunette, lanky boy who is an inch taller than him. The boy's beautiful almond eyes are curiously looking at him, his apple cheeks slightly red for an unknown reason, and his lips as red as strawberries smiles at him. Oh, and his voice is so rich and velvety that such three words from the male made his legs weak.

He just met this guy at his new school and he already has this urge to shower him with affection.

Is this what the movies and dramas call "falling in love at first sight"?

Stopping himself from creating a sanction on his first day, Donghae straightens his body so he could give his full attention to the boy in front of him, one hand unconsciously scratching his nape in embarrassment. "I need to get to the teacher's office but I'm kinda lost."

The student hums, seemingly in deep thought. "Are you perhaps the transfer student from the countryside?"

Donghae nods.

The boy beams at him. "Hi, my name is Cho Kyuhyun and I am actually the second year representative of this high school. Our adviser has told me about you."

Cho Kyuhyun. A pretty boy with a pretty name. Fits perfectly. "My name's Donghae. Lee Donghae."

A brief, awkward silence has ensued. And then,

"I can guide you to the teacher's office." Kyuhyun suggests, clearing his throat in the process.

"I would love that." Donghae beams. "Please lead the way."

And Kyuhyun did lead him towards the teacher's office that day.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter