i. festivals and fireworks

as you are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae is not the type of person to celebrate ‘monthsaries’ with his romantic partner (given that he only had one girlfriend before he broke up with her, transferred schools, and Kyuhyun came into his life), but for some odd reason he himself didn’t know, he wants to celebrate his and Kyuhyun’s first monthsary. He just wants to celebrate the fact that it’s been a month since Kyuhyun decided to date his clumsy self. He still can't believe that Kyuhyun is dating him, of all people. Kyuhyun had lots of admirers before Donghae transferred to their school (according to Hyukjae) and yet Kyuhyun chose him out of all of them. Donghae thinks it's worth celebrating.

 

Donghae sits on one of the chairs outside the convenience store while waiting for Kyuhyun to arrive. They decided to meet at the convenience store near the park where the festival will take place. Donghae wanted to fetch Kyuhyun at his house so they could go to the festival together, but the latter refused and told him that he will go to his aunt’s house first thing in the morning for an errand, and that he’ll go straight to the festival after.

Interested in people watching for now, he sees families, couples, and friend groups enter the park, excitement evident in their faces and gestures. He laughs softly when he sees a group of middle schoolers teasing each other's outfits. His eyes then go to watch an old couple who are holding hands as they enter through the entrance of the festival, the wife was telling a story to her husband, while the husband was watching his wife with soft endearment in his eyes. Donghae smiles to himself as he follows the couple with his gaze. His mind then wanders, daydreaming about marrying Kyuhyun, starting a family with Kyuhyun, and growing old with Kyuhyun until their hairs grow white and their skins go wrinkly.

Isn't it too early to think about the future, Lee Donghae?

But I really don't mind growing old with Kyuhyun. Donghae smiles to himself at the thought.

On the other hand, Donghae wonders if Kyuhyun is excited to come to the festival too because technically, this will be their first official date after being together for a month. If he's being honest, he's kind of nervous. He hopes nothing will go wrong with their date, and that both of them will have a great night.

Donghae visibly shakes off his nervousness. He's just going to go with the flow and enjoy his first date with Kyuhyun, and what matters to him the most is that Kyuhyun will also enjoy their first date.

His gaze flees to the children running towards the convenience store when his field of view is suddenly filled with Kyuhyun's face.

"Hey, babe." Kyuhyun greets, voice low.

Donghae's stomach is immediately filled with butterflies at the endearment. It's not often that Kyuhyun calls him with endearments (his boyfriend just calls him "Hae" most of the time), and when he does, it never fails to turn him into a pool of goo.

He smiles. He can get used to this.

"Hey, baby." Donghae greets back as stands up from his chair. He reaches for Kyuhyun's hand and intertwines it with his, and he leads them to the park's entrance. "How's your trip to your aunt's place?"

"It was okay, I gave them what my mom wanted me to drop off to them." Kyuhyun shrugs, "Though my cousins asked me about you, so I had to leave later than expected."

Donghae stops walking abruptly, eyes wide in shock. "Wait, you told your family about me?" Don't get him wrong, Donghae had already told his family about Kyuhyun. He thinks they're getting tired of him talking about his then crush all the time (especially his older brother), he just didn't think Kyuhyun would be the same.

"Yeah. Well not really knowing what your name was and all that but they knew I got a boyfriend." Kyuhyun shyly admits, tugging Donghae's hand on his lightly so they could continue walking. "I can never hide anything from my parents and my sister. I tried before, but they have this ability to see right through me. I got home one day and they outright asked me if I have a boyfriend, that same day we became official." He shrugs once more. "Sometimes, I think they're psychics in their past life."

"So your parents and your sister know you got a boyfriend, so I guess your parents told your aunt too?"

"Not just my aunt, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter