ii. papa bear, mama bear, and baby bears

as you are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae likes to think that he's confident most of the time. Whatever challenges it may be, he believes that he can conquer all the challenges being thrown at him, albeit including crying when he can't, but most of the time he stops himself from crying and then he'll try again. However, this challenge in his life makes him extremely nervous, but for a reason.

Sitting on the couch with his back straight, sweaty hands placed on his lap, feet placed together, left leg bouncing in restlessness, Donghae tries to avert his eyes away from the person sitting on the couch at his side, seemingly interested in looking at the huge family picture above the television, more so in looking at his boyfriend's smiling face.

The person his eyes nervously tries to avoid? Kyuhyun's father, who exudes an intimidating aura.

"So," the older man trails, voice low and deep, "you're my son's boyfriend, huh?"

Mustering his courage, Donghae looks at the former's eyes and clears his throat. "Yes, sir." Donghae nods slightly as he answers.

Why is he here nervously sweating, you may ask? Well, he's walking Kyuhyun home like a good boyfriend that he is when the former asked him if he wants to come into his house to hang out for a bit. He refused at first, "I just want to bring you home safe," he says to Kyuhyun. But then Kyuhyun looks at him with his big doe eyes, silently pleading for him to stay while playing with his hands.

Oh boy, he's not the lord's strongest soldier, especially involving a clingy Kyuhyun.

So when he gave in and said okay, Kyuhyun grins widely and leads him inside his house.

The thing is, it's been their routine since before they got together, walking Kyuhyun home that is. They get out of school late most of the time, either because they stayed in the library studying, or they have to attend their club activities. Their school is ten minutes away from Kyuhyun's house by bus, and most of the time, Hyukjae goes home with them because he lives on the street next to Kyuhyun's, so he part ways with them at the corner of Kyuhyun's street. After dropping Kyuhyun off to his house, Donghae goes home, in which his house is actually a five minute walk to their school.

Kyuhyun was surprised when he learned where Donghae lives (he learned about it days after they got together). He thought that Donghae lives near him so he naturally went home with them. So when Kyuhyun told his best friend about the discovery, the said best friend just shrugged and said that he already knew. "Why didn't you tell me back then, ?!" "It's pretty obvious, ! The guy had a crush on you!"

Like he said, his only intent is to bring Kyuhyun home safe and sound.

This though, Kyuhyun actually letting Donghae come into his house to hang out, is out of their routine, which Donghae isn't really complaining about and lets himself be dragged by his boyfriend.

So when they entered Kyuhyun's house, his eyes immediately zeroed on the middle aged man sitting on the couch, which technically made him glued to the floor on the spot, his heartbeat starting to beat erratically on his chest.

Kyuhyun then lets go of his hand to walk over to the man and kiss his cheek as he greets him. Donghae then does a ninety degree bow after Kyuhyun introduces him to his father. His boyfriend then tells him to sit down on the sofa while he changes into more comfortable clothes.

And that's how he ended up sweating buckets on his seat on the couch.

"So, Donghae, was it?" Donghae nods, "What's the craziest thing you've ever done?"

What?

"The craziest thing I've ever done?" Donghae confirms, and the man in front of him nods.

"Hmm." Donghae ponders, "When I was in my last year of middle school, I hid at school after school hours and posted my and my classmate's funny photos on our classroom's bulletin board for everyone to see the next day." He confesses after thinking about it for a while, "Even our homeroom teacher's laughing about it that she did not take down the photos until our graduation. Adds aesthetics to the classroom, she had said."

Kyuhyun's father nods. "Your parents didn't look for you when you were gone late?"

"They knew I'd be home late because I told them about the prank the day before I did it." Donghae adds, "They trust me enough to know that I would take care of myself even at my young age, but I also didn't want to worry about me, so I always tell them what I'm about to do and stuff." He then adds frantically, "But that's the only time I did a prank, sir. I got busy when I went into high school, then I transferred homes and school, and yeah."

"It must be hard adjusting to a new environment." Kyuhyun's dad comments.

Donghae shrugs, "Well, I admit that it was hard. I had no friends in this new town, but when I met Kyuhyun and Hyukjae, they helped me alot around school and town, and I am really grateful to them for their help."

Kyuhyun's father nods at his answer. Just then, a middle aged woman enters the living room.

"I hope you are not scaring Kyuhyun's boyfriend, honey." Kyuhyun's mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter