(2) Let's Not Make Promises, You'll Never Know When Tomorrow Comes

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Let's not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes



 

“What is your plan today?” Hyesung passes the coffee he just made to Yi Hwan. Yi Hwan is done buttoning his shirt, he looks into the mirror to check his appearance.

“I’m going home first, I need clean clothes.” He pointed at the suitcase that was filled with his dirty laundry.

“Then I’m going to pick up my love at the hospital and we’re going to have a date.” Yi Hwan drinks the coffee and then starts eating the croffles that Hyesung made for their breakfast.

“Yah, when will you get out of my house? I need to have Ryujin sleepover, since you’ve been here we never have intimate moments together since you always ruin the atmosphere.” Hyesung is planning on kicking his friend out of his house today.

“Waah… you are so mean. My mom still blocked me from the house, I have nowhere to go other than this house. I’m going home today to ask for her forgiveness, if that’s a success I’ll be out of this house by today.” Yi Hwan.

“What if it fails?” Hyesung looked at Yi Hwan, but then he quickly shook his head.

“No… no… I’m going to change that passcode once you get out of this house. I need Rujin badly, not you.” Hyesung.

“Then should I stay with Soori?” Yi Hwan asked.

“Do it… she has a large apartment for herself. My grandfather is always playing favorites with her.” Hyesung.

“Will your uncle kill me if he finds out that I’m staying with her?” Yi Hwan.

“He will, but at least you already feel how it’s like to  stay under the same roof with her before you die.” Hyesung.

“How about the next step with her?” Hyesung. Yi Hwan put down his fork, and he looked serious, which makes Hyesung even more surprised to see him like that.

“Lately I feel like we are creating distance between ourselves. Back when we were still in the US, maybe because we only have each other she is so attached to me, she even will find me only to change her light bulb or when she has a silly story to share. But now as we are also separated by different continents and also different time zones, we naturally create our own space and now sometimes I never know about her at all. I sometimes think are we on the right track?” Yi Hwan.

“Then put it back on track. You and she are now living in the same city again. Both of you are an adult, just start talking about the future. I’m sure it’s on everyone’s mind right now when you both will tie the knot together.” Hyesung.

“As much as I want to marry her, but she said I need to wait two more years before we can talk about that.” Yi Hwan.

“Why?” Hyesung.

“She wants to finish her resident year first.” Yi Hwan.

“Ah …. That makes sense.” Hyesung is working at the same hospital as Soori, he is majoring in Cardiac Surgery while Soori is in NeuroSurgery. They were inspired by their grandfather who was a successful cardiac surgeon. And for Soori, learning about the human brain is fascinating to her.

“We are in the stage where we’ll make it or we’ll fail it. Once you make a bad decision it will affect the entire of your career. I guess she wants a safe position first before taking the next step with you.” Hyesung.

“I can provide for her well. She doesn’t have to work that hard if she marries me.” Yi Hwan. Hyesung chuckles hearing that he knows his cousin very well and her complicated family tree.

“You know she never even thinks about living her life in comfort that way. She even treats her black card as her fridge accessories.” Hyesung.

 

“Why are you so down lately?” Jeonghan passed the chopstick to Seungcheol.

“Me? I’m not.” but his words do not match his face.

“You are…. Look at you now, you look like someone that just broke up with his girlfriend.” Jeonghan.

Seungcheol remembered again when Song Yi told him that Soori was having a boyfriend, and they had already dated for five years. He was so brokenhearted hearing that. She was so perfect in his eyes, it’s like he lost in a battle that he didn’t even start. And he hates it so much. He poured the alcohol into his glass and gulped it in one shot.

“I guess you are planning on getting drunk tonight.” Joshua looks at Seungcheol and decides to slow down his drink because of Seungcheol.

“Soori-ah!!! In here!!!” Ryujin waves at her best friend who just showed up at the bar. Seungcheol turns his head immediately hearing the name that lingers inside his head for the past week. It’s her, she is wearing a very pretty black dress, and the boots she is wearing until her knee just add a y vibe to her. But then he felt another pang in his heart as he saw a man following her and now he even put his hand on her shoulder and just casually hugged her in front of their friends. His eyes can’t help watching them, as they also sit not far away from each other. And then he decides to leave the bar and find another place while Jeonghan and Joshua are confused by his sudden act.

“So did your mom forgive you?” Hyesung.

“Nope, I’m still banned from the house. Ahjumma even only put my clothes on the terrace, so I was forced to stay at the wine storage for now.” Yi Hwan.

“You deserve that. Who told you to directly come into his house instead of your own house after being abroad for years? No wonder your mom was very angry at you.” Soori.

“I know… I will make up with her. Don’t worry.” Yi Hwan.

“Where is the other?’ Soori asks Ryujin.

“Ae Rin and Sung Min bailed tonight because they have to attend Sungmin’s best friend's birthday party. While Ji Eun was still waiting Hong Sun finished his exercise. They will join us later.” Ryujin. And then the four are spending the night well.

 

“How is the neighborhood?” Jeonghan asks. Joshua and Jeonghan decided to sleep over at Seungcheol’s new house. He bought an apartment in this exclusive residence area in the heart of the Hannam-dong district. 

“It’s good. The maintenance ahjussi said that the complex where I’m in mostly has young residents or young couples. So it’s more convenient." Seungcheol.

“Well, it’s nice.” Joshua.

As they are waiting for the elevator, a couple joins them, Seungcheol, is surprised to see Soori is waiting at the same elevator with him. Soori was also surprised to see him,

“Oh… the idol who stole my book.” Soori smiles at him while she keeps addressing him that way. Seungcheol laughs as he hears that, he really loves the way she smiles. 

"Yah! Stop calling me that. I already sent you the book. I even signed it so you can sell it on eBay as you wish." Seungcheol laughs.

Jeonghan, Joshua, and Yi Hwan were confused with their interaction.

“Do you know him?” Yi Hwan.

“He is an idol from Song Yi eonni’s company. He is the leader.” Soori introduced Seungcheol to Yi Hwan, so Seungcheol introduced Jeonghan and Joshua to Soori and Yi Hwan.

“You know idols now?” Yi Hwan is surprised by his girlfriend's progress.

“Eo… I have an idol friend now. And he is the leader… the big boss. You should be proud of me.” Soori.

“Waah… you are really surprising me.” Yi Hwan patted her head softly.

Jeonghan can feel something is wrong with Seungcheol, he also remembers the girl showing up at the bar before Seungcheol suddenly asks to change their hangout place.

“Are you dating?” Jeonghan asked the couple.

“Eo… but she is playing hard lately.” Yi Hwan and his easygoing trait make it easy to have pleasant conversations with people, even if it's their first encounter.

“Oh really?? Why?” Jeonghan, teasing Soori, pretends to be on Yi Hwan’s side.

“What are you talking about,” Soori scolds Yi Hwan.

“Then how about marrying me? I’m homeless now because my mom banned me from the house. Do you want to marry me?” Yi Hwan teasing her.

“Aish… right now?” Soori decided to play along with him.

“Eo… let’s get married now.” Yi Hwan.

“Right now… nope…. Try to ask someone else.” Soori. Joshua and Jeonghan laugh while watching the couple’s sitcom.

“Why do I have to ask someone else? Let’s live together then.” Yi Hwan.

“Shiro… my dad will kill you.” Soori. And they arrive and everyone in the elevator realizes that Seungcheol and Soori live across from each other.

“Ah, you’re the new owner that Ahjussi told me about last month. It’s funny that we never ran into each other before.” Soori.

“You never met him before here?” Yi Hwan.

“I mean I met him while we argued over a book in Starfield and then at Song Yi’s Eonnie workplace. But here? today is the first time.” Soori.

“That’s true.” Seungcheol realizes that he really likes her, and the fact that they are neighbors just excites him. But the reality is so harsh, she already got a perfect man as her boyfriend.

“So about living together, can we start it tonight? My mom still banned me from the house.” Yi Hwan starts teasing her again.

“Nope….” Soori is checking the package in front of her house

“Do you even love me?” Yi Hwan kept playing his jokes and he waved at the boys as he followed Soori.

“Eo… I love you…” Soori replies but it sounds like she is ignoring him.

“Wow, that sounds so not sincere…” Yi Hwan.

“Eo you’re r

Please log in to read the full chapter