(7) I'm Afraid That Pretty Smile Will Turn Into Tears

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I'm Afraid That Pretty Smile Will Turn Into Tears

 

Soori just stared blankly at her balcony, Ji Eun put down the tea in front of her while Ae Rin cooked Soori’s favorite food mille feuille for their dinner. Ryujin shows up with two bottles of wine in her hands.

“Are you crazy? You shouldn't be drinking wine now.” Ji Eun took the bottles from her.

“Being pregnant is not fun at all. Everyone loves to tell no to me. No, you can’t do that! No, you can’t do this. Hhhh…. I’m going to put on in this baby’s name later if this continues.” Ryujin then glances at Soori who still has the same expression since she left her last night. Plain, hopeless, and sad. She looked at Ji Eun and Ae Rin, but both of them shook their heads and told her to not speak anything yet.

 

“I don’t want to hear another sorry from you. Because it’s pointless. I can see that this kind of thing will happen again. And I’m sure where I belong between you two.” Soori. Yi Hwan asked her to meet to explain the situation between him and Ah Reum. 

“Then what should I say? I hurt you again, and I hate it. Now Hyesung even scolds me because of my actions. I really don’t want to see you like this, but she….. I know I'm selfish for wanting her to be happy but I don’t want to hurt you either.” Yi Hwan.

“If I told you to stay away from her, can you do that? I want her to leave your team, from your life, from us.” Soori. But she knows that Yi Hwan cannot do that. She can see he doesn’t want that.

“If she resigns from the company, what can she do to make a living?” Yi Hwan.

“I don’t care.” Soori.

“You are not like that… Soori-ah you are not that kind of person. I know that.” Yi Hwan.

“Then what should I do? So I turn a blind eye every time my boyfriend caters to his ex-girlfriend. Being there for her, helping her, making sure she is alright, making sure she is not struggling? Why don’t you just date her again, that will make sense.” Soori.

“Chagiya, please don’t do this.” Yi Hwan can see Soori is about to cry again and he hates himself so much right now. He is approaching her, about to hug and calm her. But Soori just pushes him away.

“Let’s do this. Let’s break up, you and I, this, us. Let’s end it, I don’t want to have this kind of feeling anymore, where I had to up my emotions seeing my boyfriend paying attention to his ex-girlfriend.” Soori looked into his eyes with teary eyes. She feels so betrayed by his actions and she doesn’t want to experience that again. If the fight is about the two of them they always simply make up and forgive, but this time it’s about someone else between them. Someone that Yi Hwan holds with his other hand, while he is holding Soori too at the other side. 

“No… I don’t want that. Don’t do that, baby. Please.” Yi Hwan is hurt seeing Soori like that. He hugs Soori who is now crying because of him again. 

 

“Soori, the food is ready. Let’s eat.” Ae Rin calls Soori. Everyone is seated at the kitchen bar, and Soori joins them.

“I’m really okay, you are all busy and you, I know you are having very bad morning sickness. I can take care of myself.” Soori.

“Yeah, said someone who stays at the hospital three days in a row, and skipped proper meals." Ryujin put a bowl full of rice in front of her. She and Hyesung dragged her home last night from the hospital. Ryujin, Ae Rin, and Ji Eun stayed with her all night. They heard about what happened between her and Yi Hwan and are sad seeing how broken heart their best friend is now. 

"I ate." Soori. 

"One piece of kimbap and bottles of water per day is not what I call eating properly. Now eat well." Ae Rin scoops the mille feuille  into her bowl. 

Soori knows that it is useless arguing with them right now, it's best just to follow them and show them that she is okay so she can be alone. But after spoonfuls of rice, she feels nausea hit , she throws her spoon and runs to the bathroom and throws up. Ji Eun helps her by fixing her hair and passes the tissue to her, Soori then just breaks down and cries again. She is sobbing until she feels her chest in pain.

"What did I do??? Why did I say that??? I shouldn't say that. But he betrayed me that much and he….. he still loves her, he always loves her." Soori is sobbing in Ji Eun's arms.

"You'll be okay… you did the right thing… it's okay… this too shall pass Soori-ah." Ji Eun comforts her while Ae Rin can't hide her sadness anymore seeing her best friend like that she just walks away and cries alone in the kitchen. While Ryujin texts Yi Hwan many bad words just because she promised Hyesung that she won't come near Yi Hwan and hit him, in the name of their baby that she is carrying right now. 

 

Soori still can't fall asleep, she looks at the clock and it's 1.20 AM. Her friends finally leave after she pretends to sleep after crying so much. She got up and then decided to walk a bit. She put on her sunglasses to cover her swollen eyes,

"I look like a crazy walking around with this," Soori commented on her looks then after trying to prove the power of comic True Beauty, she was finally able to cover her swollen eyes, and happy that she looks better than before. She then wears her sneakers and walks outside her complex. She decided to walk to Itaewon. 

Seungcheol just finished his schedule late, so he decided to go to his house instead of the dorm because the interior design team will come tomorrow morning to finish his living room. At the front gate of his apartment complex, he sees someone familiar walking out alone. He made sure that was her when his car passed her at the security check. 

"Hyung, you can drop me off here." Seungcheol quickly took his phone, put on his mask, and fixed his hat.

"Here?? Coups-ah your apartment is still a few meters in front." Do Hyun is confused because of his artist's sudden request. 

"I forgot that I have to buy something." Seungcheol looks at his behind and he sees Soori still not too far away. 

"Just tell me what you want, and I will go and buy it for you." Do Hyun.

"No...no...no. I want to take a little walk too, you can go home and take a rest. I will go to the office in my own car tomorrow." Seungcheol waves goodbye and walks in the other direction to catch up to Soori. 

He walks enough distance with her, he is wondering what is on her mind right now that she walks alone past midnight like now. She stops at the convenience store to buy a bottle of water, drinks it until it runs out, and continues her walks. She then hails a taxi, and Seungcheol quickly hails the other taxi right behind hers.

"Sir, please follow that cab." Seungcheol. Their taxis arrive at Han river park, and Soori walks to the park area. Their surroundings are quiet, as it's already almost 3 AM and only several people are seen in the area. Soori then took a seat with the Han River view in front of her. Seungcheol is worried about her, he stays close to her only a few meters behind her. 

 

Soori arrives at the hair shop, and she insists on waiting for her stylist to do her hair. 

"Sajang-nim, I'm sorry but your client is here without an appointment and she insisted that she would wait. I told her that you are already fully booked for today." The receptionist asks Chung Won who is currently doing Joshua's hair and the rest of the SVT members. They are having a formal schedule this afternoon related to the government award that they will receive.. 

"Who?" Chung Won stops his work for a moment to peep into the client who is waiting by the receptionist's desk. 

"Ahn-taeri's sister. The doctor." 

"Ah. Soori. Ottokaji…. I can't leave them now." Chun Wong is worried. 

"But…. Sajang-nim…. I’m sorry if I let my poor judgment take over this matter. But I think you should see her, she looks odd today." The receptionist can tell that Soori is having a hard time.

"Let me see her first. Shua-ya, can I leave you for minutes?" Chun Wong asks Joshua.

"Sure, hyung. Take your time." Joshua. He hears Chun Wong mention a name that is familiar to him, he looks at Seungcheol who is sleeping in his chair while he has the makeup artist do his face. He then sees Chun Wong walk with Soori, and he even brings Soori to a private room across from them. Joshua takes out his phone and dials for Seungcheol. 

Seungcheol feels his phone vibrating, he was barely asleep last night. He followed Soori until 5 AM in the morning and kept following her quietly until she got into the elevator. He looks at Joshua’s name on his screen, he looks at Joshua but Joshua just signs him to take the call. This means there is something he wants to talk about in secret.

“Eo… wae?” Seungcheol.

“Soori is here. Chun Wong Hyung is with her right now in the private room. But SCoups-ah she didn’t look good.” Joshua.

Seungcheol quickly got up, “ Noona, biane. Let’s continue later. I need to meet someone first.” He then walks to the private room mentioned by Joshua, he just stands behind the door that is slightly opened and sees Soori is there with Chun Wong and his assistant.

“Are you sure?” Chun Wong.

“Eo… please cut it,” Soori said. Seungcheol can clearly see that she struggles a lot with her emotions.

"Okay… what is your preferred length?" Somehow Chun Wong understands the hardship that she may face right now, her face shows a very cold version of her. She is barely smiling like she used to do when she met him. She was just too quiet and sad, and Chun Wong decided to cater to her first. 

“This far.” Soori pointed at her chin, she wanted to cut her waist-length hair to an extreme. 

“You’ll look very chic and pretty in your new hairstyle.” Chun Wong said and smiled at her softly.

Please log in to read the full chapter