(9) I Don't Want Lose You Either

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I Don't Want to Lose You Either

 

Seungcheol sighs many times. He is in Japan right now for the last performance of the year for his group before they take a rest for a few months. Vernon and another subunit BSS will have a comeback, while he and the rest of the group will have easy schedules and vacations until March next year. Jeonghan noticed his behavior,

“What is it? You’ve been annoying me since we got into the plane.” Jeonghan took a seat beside him.

“Jeonghan-ah it’s been almost six months after her breakup, do you think I can confess now?” Seungcheol.

“Ha… you haven’t done that? I thought you already confessed.” Jeonghan.

“When did I get the time to properly do that? Our schedules were busy like hell, she also got back into her old job again and somehow became busier than before as she is now placed in the ER. She stays in her resident lounge at the hospital, while I stay mostly at the dorm.” Seungcheol.

“Do it as soon as we land in Seoul tomorrow, just ask her to make time. I’m sure she will make it for you.” Jeonghan.

“Do you think so?” Seungcheol.

“You spent most nights doing sleep calls with her. She sends a selfie of her on a daily basis only to let you know what she was doing. You take care of her meals when she is in the hospital doing night duties. That’s more than a friend culture… that’s a couple culture.” Jeonghan.

Seungcheol nodded, saying his agreement with Jeonghan’s statement. He already made up his mind, he’ll confess to her as soon as he comes back to Seoul. As the group finally ended their appearance at the award ceremony, everyone gathered at the waiting lounge and discussed where to go after this to celebrate Joshua’s birthday. Seungcheol checked messages on his phone, and then casually opened up Instagram. As he scrolls his new feeds, he stops when he sees that Soori is uploading a new feed, he taps the feed and enlarges the picture. She was sitting in her bed and it looked like she just got up from her sleep. Her friends surround her with a cake, the four girls laugh at her because of the cream on top of her nose, and Seungcheol is more surprised to read the caption.

“Happy birthday to me…. “

“Her birthday is today???!!!!!!” Seungcheol was shocked. Jeonghan was startled hearing him scream like that. 

“What is it?” 

“Soori is having a birthday today.” Seungcheol.

“Today?!” 

“Look.” Seungcheol showed him the insta feed. He feels so wronged by this, he then calls her immediately.

“Hello.” Soori picks up the call, and Seungcheol can hear a lot of noise behind her. She must be having dinner with her friends.

“Where are you?” 

“Dooreyoo. Bukchon. Wae?” 

“Are you having a birthday feast with your friends?” 

“Eo…. How did you know?... ah… Instagram…” Soori realized.

“How come you didn’t tell me about it?” Seungcheol sounds disappointed.

“I never thought my birthday was a special day. But my friends came this morning and there was cake and then we took pictures and that’s it. After work we promised to get dinner together, that’s all.” 

“You should let me know at least.” 

“I know you are busy. You were headed to Japan right after the last concert in Jakarta. I don’t want to add another thing to your mind. In the end, you’ll be home tomorrow and we can spend time together.”

“But still…. It’s your birthday, how come you didn’t tell me.” Seungcheol is sulking.

“I saw the concert clip yesterday…. It’s raining hard during the concert. Are you okay?” Soori tries to divert their topic, she knows Seungcheol is sulking and it’s best to not keep talking about the birthday again. But Seungcheol is not interested in talking about another topic again, so after talking for a bit he hangs up the phone. While in Seoul, Soori also felt uneasy after the phone call ended. 

 

It’s been two days since Seungcheol went back to Seoul, Soori hasn’t heard anything from him as she also was on her duty at the hospital. She tried to send him messages but he only replied with short replies, and that bothered her. Soori just parked her car, and she finds Seungcheol’s manager walking to the van that usually drives Seungcheol to his job. She runs to catch him,

“Manager-nim!!” 

Do Hyun turns his head and finds a familiar face walking fast toward him now,

“Annyeonghaseyo, Soori-shi.” After the concert in Japan, Do Hyun became closer to her. Also, he is aware of how much this girl means to Seungcheol. 

“Is SCoups home now?” Soori carefully asks.

“Yes… He is home now. He said he needs to pack before going home to Daegu for a short vacation.” Do Hyun.

“Daegu? Wae?” Soori is confused, she thought Seungcheol will make some time for her. 

 

Soori is now standing in front of Seungcheol’s door. She is contemplating whether she pressed the bell or not. She feels upset that Seungcheol is planning to go to Daegu without letting her know.

“Is he still mad because of the birthday thing? Arrgh, I don’t care anymore. Just ask and leave Soori-ya.” Soori pressed the bell. she pressed it once, but no one was coming. And then she pressed it again two times. Then the door is opened, Soori looks inside and then she finds Seungcheol standing behind the door.

“It’s 140216, next time just come in,” Seungcheol said with a weak voice. His face looks haggard and he looks like in pain.

“Are you sick?” Soori remembers the huge rainy day at his last concert.

“I think I am. I’ve been holding it since yesterday, but I guess my body is telling me to rest now.” Seungcheol walks to the living room and then lies on the huge black sofa in the living room. Soori put down her bag on the table and automatically checked Seungcheol's forehead.

“You’re burning. Did you take any medicine yet? Like for fever?” Soori asks. Seungcheol shook his head. She looks around and finds medicine at the table, turns out his manager is already aware of his condition and bought the medicine for him. Soori goes to the kitchen to bring water and then she helps him take the medicine. And then she goes to his bedroom and takes the blanket with her, after that she carefully puts the blanket to cover his body and puts the pillow on his head. 

 

Seungcheol opens his eyes, he can feel his head a little bit cloudy and heavy, his nose is uncomfortable, and his body is sweating. But his stomach is starving. He hears clicking sounds and he looks at his side Soori is sitting beside the sofa where he’s sleeping doing her work. She looks very serious and typing fast with the books and papers scattered on the table and on the floor.

“What are you typing? Work?” Seungcheol tries to wake up and then sit down. Soori turns her body and finds Seungcheol is very sick.

“I’m assisting my professor, it’s her presentation in Madrid next week. I need to submit this chapter next Monday. How are you feeling? You got cold. You are sweating so much too. Do you want to change your T-shirt?” Soori asks.

Seungcheol nods, she then gets up and brings a new t-shirt from Seungcheol's closet. She then helped him change his clothes and then put the damp ones into the washing machine. 

“Do you want to eat now? I made some food, I can reheat it now and prepare it for you.” Soori. Seungcheol nods and he watches her preparing his food from the sofa. He feels happy seeing her in his house, preparing his meals, and taking care of him. Soori put down a tray with porridge and soup. 

"I brought my pot and a few other kitchen tools because you don't have any. You only have a pan, sauce pot, and bowl. You should have enough tools for your kitchen." Soori said while passing the spoon to him. 

"I'm too weak to hold that." Seungcheol tries his luck. Soori glance at him,

"You are famous for your alpha and scary leader thing among other idols. Turns out you're a baby when you're sick." Soori scoops the porridge and starts feeding him. 

"I'm not anyone's baby." Seungcheol.

"You are. At the concert maybe about a thousand of the fans claimed to be your future wife, baby, or even Kkuma's eomma. Someone behind me even screamed, "Seungcheol-shi my dad is already asking when will you propose to me!!!" Soori mimicked the girl behind her who kept screaming and claimed Seungcheol as hers. Seungcheol laughs seeing her like that, he touches her hair and caresses it while listening to her.

Seungcheol finishes eating, and Soori is cleaning the kitchen after washing the dishes. Seungcheol walks to his bedroom and lies on his bed, he still feels heavy on his head and wants to sleep more. Soori comes to the bedroom and checks on him. 

“Let me check your temperature first.” Soori put the thermometer on his mouth and then she checked on his pulse with her eyes concentrated on her watch.

“I am very lucky …. Everyone is right about that,” Seungcheol said as he watched Soori.

“Why?” Soori said, she still focuses on her watch.

“My group is a huge success. We ride a private jet now for our international schedule. We do concerts in the USA, Europe, and Asia, and all are sold out. Our albums are a million-seller guarantee. And now I have a personal doctor who is responsible for my health.” Seungcheol. Soori glances at him, 

“I’m quite expensive. And I don’t do house visits. Come to the hospital if you need me.” Soori takes the thermometer and checks, he still has a fever. And the drug he took before is not working as expected.

“You still have a fever. Go to sleep, let’s do the doctor's visit negotiation tomorrow.” Soori tells him to sleep. 

“Where are you going?” Seungcheol sees Soori is going to leave the bedroom.

“You need to sleep. I’ll be in the living room.” Soori.

“What do you mean in the living room? How come a doctor neglects the patient like that? Stay here.” Seungcheol is whining because he wants Soori to stay near him.

“There’s no doctor who stays beside their patient 24 hours, even nurses stay at the nurse station,” Soori said.

“Well.. my personal doctor is not like an ordinary doctor. She should stay beside me.” Seungcheol insisted.

“Your fever is still high, you need to rest properly. If I stay beside you, you’ll be bothered with the clicking sounds from the keyboard and I need to turn on the light so I can read well. I let the door open, I will check on you regularly.” Soori. But Seungcheol doesn’t take no for an answer.

“Soori-ya. My head is spinning right now and heavy, my nose is uncomfortable and I also feel warm. But I need you to stay here, beside me. I don’t mind if you do everything that you said will bother me, just stay. I’ll feel better that way.” Seungcheol.

In the end, Soori is now sitting in his bed too with her laptop, beside him. Ready to continue her work. Seungcheol is happy and starts to fall asleep.

“Are we a couple now? It’s way too personal for a friend line, but I don’t think we’re dating right now. And even if we're dating, climbing into a boyfriend’s bed is way too early for day one. What are we?” Soori mumbled to herself.

“Wait until I get better, I’ll give the answer and make my wish c

Please log in to read the full chapter