ใ€€โบห–โ”† CHEATSHEET

ใ€€โบห–โ”† ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฉใ€€//ใ€€now open!
devil
Y4o17n5.png
fallen from grace
๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ฑ
what you need to know
STORYLINE & WORLDBUILDING
the premise of the story is similar to harry potter in that supernatural creatures/etc are hidden from the rest of the world. they either live in parallel to humans, walk amongst them, or hide from them. there are plenty of humans who are aware of the supernatural (think occult or humans with high amounts of spiritual energy), but most keep with the status quo of that the supernatural doesn't exist.
because so, there are a lot of supernatual politics that humans don't know (which i'm leaving to the creativity to the creators), but essentially...the majority of people are human, but who's to say that maybe a member of nct or stray kids are actually not human? something to play along with.
heesu created dps network not just to collect talent that goes wasted at other companies, but as a front of sorts. some creatures cannot reach their dreams of being an idol due to circumstances regarding their species and whatnot. with his company, he gives them a chance with his connections to make things happen.
most information regarding the creation of dps network and the timeline of groups debuting are on the staff page and the timeline of the daemon projekt can be found on the plotlines page.
if you have anyone questions regarding the worldbuilding of the overall story, don't be afraid to send me a dm. this story will border on dark themes due to all the supernatural and i might bump the rating of the story to mature, depending on who is chosen and such.
THE BASICS
let's get things started! so basics, most information is on the application itself, but i'll just reiterate on some things here.
the age range is 1996 to 2002. xiaojun is set to be the oldest and kanata is set to be the youngest. now, depending on your character's species, the age range can apply to their visual appearance. like xiaojun wasn't born in 1994, he just visually looks like he was born in 1994. get what i mean? as long as they can pass off their supposive age, then it fits the criteria.
as for ethnicity/nationality, they are listed on the plotlines. if a plot has open, that means any ethnicity/nationality is open. japanese, chinese, thai, etc. you can still apply with a korean character with those plots as well.
as for faceclaims, i am lenient, but also strict at the same time. i would appreciate you choose a faceclaim that has access to a wide variety of high quality pictures. most nugu groups do not have that option and as someone who likes to edit pictures, i really need high quality pictures. my rule of thumb is if i cannot find a good amount of pictures on pinterest, than maybe you need to find a different faceclaim.
if you have questions about a faceclaim, don't hesitate to contact me and i can help you out.
if you're going for a plot that has visual in their position, try to go for someone who has 'visual' in their position or is known for their looks, if you get what i mean. if you want to run a faceclaim by me, you're more than welcomed to do so! i have different visual standards, so its okay <3
species lore! one of the fun parts of the app. there are sooooo many possibilities you can take with the supernatural, so i'm leaving ya'll to create what path you want for your species. most species are open, but a few plotlines do have specific requirements regarding species, so please make sure to read those carefully.
make sure to not make your character too overly powered, please balance out strengths and weaknesses.
onto personality and background!ย i have written it in the app itself, but i'll reiterate it here as well. four positive traits and four negative traits at the minimum! neutral traits are optional, but very much loved as they balance your character out more so than just positive and negative traits. i'm not so picky when it comes to length, but try to reach for about 2-3 paragraphs. you may add other things like horoscope, mbti, hogwarts house, and all that stuff, but it's totally optional!
please please please make sure to expand on traits and the like. if it helps, focus one trait at a time, that's how i do it.
as for background, make sure to give me the meat of what things happened to shape your character. how was their childhood like, family life? how has their creature status shape them? how did they get into music and wanting to be an idol? stuff like that. two paragraphs at the minimum. please make sure to specify if there are trigger warnings if necessary.
+ military service -- adding this here cause i totally didn't forget to add this, but yea. for the sake of military service, it still applies. some species can get 'exempted', or if they manage to enlist, they manage to get enlisted as a public service worker. i think this only pertains to some that are more human-appearing or interact the most with humans. if you're character is on the older spectrum (whether they actually are or just visually looking that age), they'll need to be prepared with the question if they have served or not. if you have any further questions about this, don't be afraid to message me.
to the relationships! you only need to list those who are important to your character! you don't have to add any of the dps network staff & labelmates to your relationships, but it's loved to see how they would possibly interact with them. your character can possibly be related to another idol, but make it reasonable and realistic. i might accept one or two idol relations (not including kokabel's plot specific relation requirement). i do require you to at least add the three former trainees that were a part of the trainee project, unless you are going for the tamiel plotline. i'd also love to see a general relationship blurb of how your bub interacts with the members of devil.
HIT THE STAGE
some plotlines may suggest they are a producer or a choreographer, but just because it isn't listed in the plot you are going for, doesn't mean you can't add it! you are more than welcomed to add producer, composer, lyricist, choreographer to your position (within reason, of course).
you may or may not add a backup plotline for your character. since we have the plotlines pretty straight forward, there might be too much moving around if i have to choose a backup plot. more on that at the end of the cheatsheet!
okay, talent twins. talent twins, i'm usually lenient on. just because someone is considered a lead vocalist in their group doesn't mean that they couldn't be main material (get what i mean?). that is to say, don't give someone an overly talented vocalist if you're only a lead vocalist. vocal & dance twins are mandatory, but rap twins are only mandatory for rap plots.
now, i'll be a little strict on dance twins. i haven't said it before, but the one thing heesu was very strict on was all the trainees getting better at dancing. he wanted them to get to a seventeen level synchronization and even the weakest dancer could still outclass other dancers. so in that case, it's okay for your character to have a strong dance twin.
for easier explanation, i'll explain it like this.
+ย main dance position -- god tier level twin, the likes of taemin or ten and whatnot. after watching yugyeom on hit the stage, i keep him up there as well (xiaojun's dance twin).
+ย lead dance position -- main/lead tier level twin, can go with either the usual main dance twin or a strong lead twin.
+ย no dance position -- lead tier twin or a twin that doesn't have a dance position who is known for dancing very well (like woozi from seventeen or gyehyeon from verivery). i'll lenient on this one.
now with that out of the way, the next part is training history. most of it is explained on the plot page and the application itself, but, once again, i'll reiterate. training times may differ, depending on what plotline you are going for. the longest one could have trained at dps network would be 2017ย (a year before jung heesu implimented the daemon projekt which was in 2018). but they may have trained else where, whether before that time or in general. xiaojun is the longest trainee under dps network from the devil lineup, he just wasn't pushed into the project until a little bit later (heesu wanted xiaojun to be a surprise).
for their training, please explain how training was under their other companies (if applicable) and under dps network. explain how it was hard to hide their creature status and whatnot (of course, they wouldn't have to hide it under dps, but you should understand what i mean lol).ย the daemon projekt started officially in 2018, so explain when they joined the trainee group and how they felt waiting for their debut and watching other trainees leave.
now the interview! please answer the interview in your character's pov (and please, keep it in 3rd pov)! the interview is taken right after the last two plots (tamiel & kanata) were added to the group.
WHAT IS LOVE?
alright alright, here we are. love interests are completely optional! not everyone needs to have a love interest...and it's okay to give us the option to matchmake as well! all ualities are welcomed, though please be mindful that this is taken place in korea, so lgbt+ probably won't be public. yes, this may be a supernatural fic, but we still gotta conform a bit.
heesu does implement a public dating ban of two years, but it doesn't mean they can't date all together. if you come clean to heesu, then he'll help keep it under wraps. the two year public ban is just to help the groups find their grounding without a dating scandal to ruin it.
you may collab or create an oc for the love interest, but if you do go the oc route, please give me as much detail as you can (like species, appearance, etc) just so i can have a better understanding of them. if collabing, there's no need cause everything will be in the collab app.
i wrote just a short description of personality in the app, but writing more just helps us get a better feel of the love int for us. still, make sure their personality is balanced. you may not have to go all out like with your character's personality, but we don't want their love int to be a mary sue/gary stu either.
one would think i wouldn't have to say this, but please do NOT pair any adults with minors. and you may NOT use any of the staff members as a love interest. if you have to question if it's alright, then it probably isn't. once again, my dms are always open so if you have a question, please ask before going ahead and doing whatever you want.
THE END
there isn't much else to say except for a few last messages. you may apply up to three or four times, just know that not all of them may be chosen. and in that case, to bring back a earlier point-
if your character is not chosen for devil in the end, do not fret! there is a possibility that they may be bumped to another group that will be in the same verse as this one. i do have another boy group planned after devil which may or may not end up being a closed fic, depending on how many characters get bumped from this to the other boy group. just keep this knowledge in mind!
originally we were open to adding more members, but due to 11 already being a lot and there not being a lot of songs with a large amount of members in the concept we have going, there will be no adding more members.
as for the p.w, it's a solo song suggestion for your bub (it may be added to a future album...)
TAKEN THINGS
+ faceclaims -- seungwoo (victon), han (stray kids), jo (&team), xiumin (exo), nichkhun (2pm), jinho (pentagon), sungjong (infinite), jungwon (enhypen)
+ t.twins -- got7's yugyeom (overall), ikon's junhoe (overall), treasure's jeongwoo (vocal), treasure's yoshi (dance)
+ love int -- all of our characters are open for love interests!
ย 
THE BOOTY POINTS
+ aesthetically pleasing apps! i know past endeavors we've had technical difficulties with layouts, but i made sure to pick a layout that was easy to work with...but you are more than welcomed to use a different layout! just make sure it has all the same info in it~
+ collabing with friends! it's fun to see collabs <3
+ including a playlist that best describes your character or what you listened to when creating your character
+ adding as much trivia as you can. the trivia section is where your character comes alive. make me cry! make me laugh! make me cry laugh! i love reading bits of trivia.
+ adding any of our characters to your apps! xiaojun is finished and while bootiette's are still being fine tuned, there's enough on their apps to get a feel for them! again, any further questions, don't be afraid to send us a dm <3
+ faceclaims from nct, sf9, ateez, stray kids, cix, onlyoneof, txt, verivery, bae173, cravity, enhypen, mcnd, wei, epex, kingdom, omega x, xdinary heroes, tempest, riize (let me stop there-)
+ creative species lore! collabing with others on lore!
+ may add more, but that's it so far