The Truth From The Lies

Happiness Laced With Lies

 

Youngjae had to use the rest room for a while.  Then when he went out again, he saw Daehyun talking and laughing a bit with a pretty girl.  Jealousy started to stir up in Youngjae's heart before he remembered that he had no right to be jealous.  It's not like Daehyun will ever be his anyway.  Daehyun was straight and that pretty girl was probably his type.
 
 
Youngjae didn't want Daehyun to see his jealousy and he certainly wouldn't want to sulk around Daehyun either because of his stupid jealousy so he went to walk to the opposite direction for a while to calm himself and maybe to see how long Daehyun would take to get worried about Youngjae being missing and to call him.
 
 
But Youngjae wasn't able to walk too far before his cellphone started ringing.  He wasn't able to pick up his cellphone before Daehyun found him.  "Ah, there you are!" Daehyun was suddenly standing beside Youngjae, who momentarily forgot his surprise and wondered if Daehyun was a mind reader.
 
 
"Where are you sneaking off to? Did you think I wouldn't notice?  I did catch a glimpse of you coming out of the restroom and suddenly, you were gone! I panicked for a few seconds back there but I'm glad I instantly found you."  Daehyun talked with a lot of emotions from sounding calm to slightly panicky and finally, relieved and happy to see Youngjae again.
 
 
Somehow that made Youngjae feel slightly better.  "It looked like you were having a nice conversation with the pretty girl so I didn't want to disturb you guys."
 
 
"Oh yeah! She's really pretty huh?"  Just like that Youngjae's mood went down again.  Youngjae is really amazed at how his mood and feelings shift from one thing to another just from a few words coming out of Daehyun's mouth.
 
 
"Yeah, she is."  Youngjae admitted because the girl was honestly really pretty anyway.  "Do you like her or something?"  He asked as he prepared himself to be hurt by Daehyun's answer.
 
 
"She's actually my ex-girlfriend."
 
 
"Oh."  Indeed, Youngjae was hurt.  "You never told me about her."
 
 
"I met her a month after we stopped talking.  Then she became my girlfriend after 3 months since I first met her.  We only lasted for 6 months though but we still remained good friends even after the breakup since it was a mutual thing.  We both realized we were only into each other's faces.  Hahahaha!!!"  Daehyun gave a brief explanation and laughed good-naturedly.
 
 
Youngjae couldn't bring himself to laugh really because it still didn't change the fact that she was Daehyun's first girlfriend and the girl who Daehyun spent a lot of first time experiences with like his first kiss.  "Earth to Youngjae."  He snapped out of his thoughts when he felt Daehyun's hand ruffling on his hair.
 
 
"Stop that."  Youngjae moved his head away from Daehyun's hand.
 
 
"Let me fix it for you."  Daehyun offered.
 
 
"No."  Youngjae started moving away.
 
 
"I will seriously do a good job.  Trust me."  Daehyun's hands were suddenly on Youngjae's hair again but this time, the hands were arranging Youngjae's hair gently and carefully.  "There.  Done."  Daehyun's gaze from Youngjae's hair finally landed on Youngjae's face.  He was surprised at the intensity of Youngjae's stare.  Then suddenly Youngjae moved and closed the gap between their bodies and their mouths.
 
 
It only lasted for a good 3 seconds since Youngjae was very conscious of their surroundings.  They were still in a mall with a lot of people after all.  Seeing how Daehyun was frozen in shock after the kiss, Youngjae took this chance to run away.  When Daehyun regained his senses, he started to run after Youngjae but Youngjae was already far and suddenly out of sight among the shops and crowd.
 
 
Daehyun tried calling Youngjae.  It took him 20 calls and an almost empty battery before Youngjae finally picked up.  "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?"  Daehyun shouted over the phone.
 
 
"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU. THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!!!"  Youngjae shouted back.
 
 
There was a moment of silence between them before Daehyun decided to break that silence.  "What about that straight guy you like?"
 
 
"He doesn't exist."
 
 
"Your 2 gay friends who are a couple?"
 
 
"They don't exist either."
 
 
"What about your distant cousin who died?"
 
 
"I have no such relative in Busan.  I just needed an excuse to use the suit and look good in front of you even if only for a short while."
 
 
Another moment of silence but this time, it was Youngjae who broke the silence with a deep sigh.  "I guess this will be the last time we'll be talking to each other."  Because he was sure that Daehyun definitely wouldn't want to have to do anything with him after this.
 
 
"Aren't you even going to apologize for lying?"
 
 
"I'm not sorry for what I've done."  Youngjae said in all honesty.  "Though I wish I could have kissed you tomorrow instead today.  We could have made a lot more happy memories today."
 
 
"Youngjae, I want to see you."
 
 
"So you can punch me in the face?"
 
 
"Because my cellphone battery is almost out and we're not done talking yet.  Meet me by the fountain outside the mall."
 
 
After waiting for an hour by the fountain, Daehyun finally concluded that Youngjae isn't going to show up at all.  His cellphone already died so the next thing he decided to do was stop by at Youngjae's relative's house but then again, the owner of that house probably wasn't even Youngjae's relative.
 
 
Luckily, Daehyun just arrived on time because Youngjae just went out of the gate with a duffel bag which obviously meant that Youngjae was going back to Seoul.  Though Youngjae was supposed to go back tomorrow, that didn't mean he couldn't buy a subway ticket today and go back today if he wanted to.
 
 
"So you really are just going to run away?"  Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's wrist as he finally caught up with the blonde guy on the street.
 
 
"What's there to talk about anyway? You don't really want to talk.  You just want to yell and curse and say a lot damn more hurtful things to me and I don't want to hear any of it because I made a lot of nice memories with you and I don't want to part ways any more hurtful than it already is so..."
 
 
"Shut up!" Daehyun's voice was rough and demanding.
 
 
Youngjae automatically closed his mouth shut and gave up trying to escape from Daehyun.  He knew that his wrist is going to have a bruise tomorrow from Daehyun's tight grip.  He lowered his head in defeat and tried not to cry.
 
 
"I'm going to ask some questions and I want you to answer me honestly.  Got it?"  When Daehyun saw Youngjae nodding, he proceeded to ask his first question.  "You came to Busan.  Why now? Why not earlier?"
 
 
"If I came right after I confessed to you the first time, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to see me so I waited for things to cool down."
 
 
"If the kiss never happened, would you have continued lying to me tomorrow or even after you've went back to Seoul?"
 
 
"No.  I planned to confess to you again tomorrow after you tell me goodbye and right before I hop in the sub.  The kiss was supposed to happen that way."  Youngjae felt weird and embarassed to be talking about his failed plan to Daehyun.  "I never expected you to love me back or to be friends again with me after my second confession.  I just wanted to have good memories with you."
 
 
"We could have years of friendship but you want to exchange that for two days of nice memories?"
 
 
"Years of friendship? I don't think I can hide my feelings for you that long."  Youngjae chuckled bitterly.  "Just two days of good memories and a kiss.  I think I'll be much happier with that.  It'll save me from the pain of seeing you dating girls and loving someone else."
 
 
"I can't believe you thoroughly thought of a plan."
 
 
"But it still failed."
 
 
"No, not completely."
 
 
For the first time, Youngjae lifted his head and looked straight at Daehyun.  "What do you mean by that?"
 
 
"Because you confessed to me through the phone the first time, it was easy to cut you off.  Besides, I really only thought of you as a friend back then but now that I've met you personally and that we've spent a lot of good time together yesterday and today, I--"
 
 
"You're lying."  Youngjae interrupted him.  "You're only saying that for revenge because you want to get back at me for lying to you."
 
 
"Here I am seriously considering a relationship with you and yet, you refuse to believe me?"  Daehyun felt like he was making a fool out of himself.  "The only liar here is you."  He used his point finger to poke at Youngjae's chest.  "But I forgive you because I like you that much."
 
 
"You can't be serious..."  Youngjae's meek voice said in disbelief.
 
 
Daehyun doesn't feel like arguing anymore.  He felt like kissing Youngjae so he placed hand on Youngjae's smooth nape, nudged Youngjae's natural pink lips apart and met up with Youngjae's shy tongue.
 
 
To be continued...
 
A/N:  If you read my other fics then you probably already heard me saying this  "This was supposed to be the original ending but I decided to continue one more chapter or maybe even two depending on how much I can squeeze my brain for more ideas."  XD!!!!!!   Because I'm sure you guys are probably wanting more and I'm actually wanting it myself as well~ XD!!!! <--- feels like a reader rather than a writer~ LOLZ
 
 
Comments pretty please? ^__^