Happiness Without Lies

Happiness Laced With Lies

 

Youngjae only had experienced holding hands with his parents.  He used to hold hands with his father back when he was very young.  He couldn't remember how exactly his father's hand felt but he remembered how much he depended on his father so he could walk without falling or cross the street without fear of the fast cars and huge trucks.
 
 
His mother's hands were rough from doing the laundry or washing the dishes and also had small injuries from cooking or sewing.  Though his mother was only a housewife, her hands were evidence of how hard she was working at home for Youngjae and his dad to live comfortably.  His mother's hands may be rough but they were very caring.
 
 
Right now, he was holding Daehyun's hand which was the smoothest hand he had ever felt.  Youngjae was ashamed of his own hand which was quite sweaty.  There were a few times Youngjae attempted to remove his hand from the hold but Daehyun would hold on it tighter every time.  
 
 
Youngjae wished his hand would stop sweating but it didn't.  "My hand is disgusting."
 
 
"Yes, it is."  Daehyun admitted.  Youngjae wasn't sure if he preferred Daehyun telling the truth or if he wanted Daehyun to lie at that moment.  "But you're going back to Seoul in a few hours and it's going to be long time before I get to hold your hand again."  
 
 
If it was possible, Youngjae would melt at Daehyun's sweet words and actions.  In fact, Daehyun even skipped his morning classes so he could spend more time with Youngjae.  "I don't feel like going back to Seoul anymore."  He sighed.
 
 
"I want to convince you to stay one more day but if you do so, you're going to be absent for another day at school.  Examination week is next month.  Come to think of it, why did you choose this time to come here to Busan?"  Daehyun was very curious at Youngjae's timing.  Since Youngjae was the type to plan things carefully, then he must have a reason for coming here to Busan to see Daehyun when their final and most crucial examination in their high school life would be somewhere around next month.
 
 
"I got accepted into a university in America.  You know how America is more open-minded about gay people? I thought I could live a better life over there."  Youngjae explained.
 
 
"You planned to have me falling for you and yet, you also planned to leave to America?  You know you can't have both."  Daehyun wondered if they are going to break up any moment now.  If they do, he wondered if their relationship would actually be considered a relationship when it didn't even last for more than 24 hours.
 
 
"I might have planned it but I didn't expect it to be successful!" Youngjae blurted out.  "The most I expected would be for us to have mutual understanding but not to get into a relationship."
 
 
"Then... are you going to America?"
 
 
"I think it's not too late for me to try to get into a university in Seoul."  Youngjae said confidently.  Having no friends made him have a lot of time to study so naturally, he became smarter and made it all the way to the top 5, not just in class, but in his entire batch.
 
 
"Try TS University."
 
 
Youngjae was surprised at Daehyun's sudden suggestion.  "Why?"
 
 
"Why do you think I would want you to go there?"  Daehyun asked back playfully.  "You're smart, aren't you? I'll give you a kiss if you answer correctly."
 
 
Youngjae's brain decided to work fast and come up with an answer.  "Oh!"  He exclaimed when he finally figured it out.  "You're going to---" He didn't really get to finish his answer because Daehyun's lips already descended upon his.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Youngjae's mother was surprised to see her son finally coming home 3 days.  She had been worried sick as he left without even at least leaving a letter of explanaiton.  Youngjae's father already prepared a speech for a very long lecture that he would give when his son comes back.
 
 
But in the end, his parents didn't have the heart to scold him.  Not when Youngjae arrived in the house with the widest and most genuine smile they have ever seen in years.  "Welcome home, Youngjae."  His mother hugged him tight while his father ruffled his hair affectionately.
 
 
Youngjae apologized to his parents and then proceeded to tell them about what happened and about Daehyun though of course he didn't tell them about everything.  He is so not talking about his first kiss (or second or third) with Daehyun to his parents.  He did make it clear though that he was in a relationship with Daehyun now.
 
 
His parents already decided  that they like Daehyun even though they hadn't met him personally for the very simple reason that he was able to make Youngjae smile so brightly.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
First day of university.  Youngjae never looked forward to going to school before but today, he was very much looking forward to it.  He saw Daehyun waiting for him by the school gate.  He was going to greet his boyfriend with "Good morni--" but was cut off by Daehyun's good morning kiss.
 
 
"You really should let me finish what I'm saying.  You can always kiss me afterwards you know."  Youngjae pouted.
 
 
"Sorry.  I couldn't resist you."  Daehyun leaned in to steal another kiss before grabbing a hold on Youngjae's hand.  
 
 
"It's sweaty."  Youngjae said in embarassment.
 
 
"I like the fact that it's cold and sweaty because of me."  Daehyun gave Youngjae's hand a little squeeze.  "Do you have butterflies in your stomach?"  He used his free hand to poke on Youngjae's stomach.
 
 
Youngjae really never knew Daehyun could be this cheesy or romantic back when they were still friends.  Youngjae felt like dying though he couldn't tell whether it's because of Daehyun's romantic cheesiness or from feeling too much happiness.
 
 
This form of happiness was so much better from the happiness laced with lies.
 
 
THE END
 
 
A/N:  To everyone who subscribed, read and commented, thank you very much!!! *bow*    And I'm sorry that I disappointed some of you for not writing any in this fic ^^; I did try but it somehow didn't feel right with the plot I had in mind.  I hope you didn't vomit rainbow from too much fluffiness? XD!!!!! 
 
 
Thank you to goopeculiar once again for giving me permission <3 Without her, any of this wouldn't have been possible.
 
 
As for my next BAP fic, I decided to write a DaeJong drabble.  Pillow Matters.  Check it out~